Sit Down, SHUT UP, and Hold on.

RicoLen

Wise Guy
After last night's Raw, I started wondering if anything we get in terms of news off wwe's website is legit. Obviously it's another source of kayfabe to add to the 'realness' of the shows, and we've seen that so are the twitter accounts associated with their performers.

Everyone quickly accepted that Vladamir Koslov, David Hart Smith, & Chris Masters were let go, yet this was talked about on Monday Night Raw by CM Punk. That's pretty much (but not entirely) unprecedented in the WWE, that should be clue #1. But did anyone get it? I'm personally not even sure one way or the other whether or not they're with the company. But bare with me, this isn't the point of what I'm talking about. I'm going to sight a number of very different examples, and to understand what I'm getting at you'll have to look at the big picture.

HHH fires Kevin Nash on MNR, and people here start threads asking is he really gone or is this just a work? People weren't sure. Now last night HHH fires The Miz & R-Truth. Surely people can't believe THAT is for real.

Also after MitB it was reported that Sin Cara was suspended for a drug violation. Now maybe that's true, I'm not going to debate it one way or the other, the point here is that he was gone for a while and when he came back people in the IWC were talking about how it wasn't the same guy. It was Mystico, no, it was Hunico, WTF cares, it wasn't the same person, and WWE must think we're all stupid, and "I'm insulted by the whole thing" etc., etc. Now we see 2 Sin Cara's on TV, one's heel, one's face, which one is real? Good old Undertaker X2 & Sting X2... great.

Mr. Future Endeavor. Who is he? That's another big IWC discussion as of late. Is it Kevin Nash? He just got fired, it must be him. No, it's HHH he's doing a lot of firing of people. No, it's Johny Ace, he's keeping all the guys that were fired by HHH together to form a stable, and revive the nWo.

Now, it's cool. I get it, it's fun to talk about all these things. Obviously I'm not about to crap on that, as that's what I'm doing myself. Remember what this product is about? Entertainment. It's about doing the unexpected, and keeping viewers tuning in, and maybe, just maybe, they can expand their viewership too.

I know logically that The Miz & R-Truth could in no way shape or form be actually fired. That's just completely insane to get rid of them. Afterall, they're MY FAVORITE two guys on the WWE roster and the WWE would be stupid to go against MY wishes. Sound familiar?

CM Punk is being held back, he deserves the WWE Championship title NOW, because that's what I want. I'm tired of waiting to see what he'll inevitably get again sooner or later, I WANT it to happen NOW.

We've all got our complaints. I legitimately am upset that Miz & R-Truth got fired, they ARE my favorite two guys on the roster, and up till now I've always been pretty cool about just watching the show, and enjoying it for what it is and being patient to see what happens next because what the WWE is doing lately has been great. Oh but step on MY toes and now I find myself doing the same things that always made me roll my eyes at the rest of the posters here.

Here's my point. Force yourself to be patient, good storylines as we all (should) know, take time to develop.

CM Punk can't just be champion RIGHT NOW, that'd be stupid. WWE wants you to get on the bandwagon first so when he finally gets the title for an extended reign and he earns his spot as one of the best champions of all time you the viewer were there to see it and were there as a fan of his while he fought his ass off to get it and can say that you were watching when he finally overcame whatever adversity he might still have to go through. He's the immediate future of this company. That much is abundantly clear to those of us that are able to take a step back and look at the big picture. He may have had the title for a few weeks, but that doesn't make a good title reign, now he's in the hunt, and now he's got a much larger fanbase than he did back during the weeks prior to Money in the Bank.

This isn't the attitude era, this isn't the golden ages, this is new. What happened in the past and made stars big in the past, isn't going to work again and again. What you're seeing happen with CM Punk's rise to the top is new, accept it.

About a year ago, I read a bleacher report about 20 things the WWE could do right now to improve the product. (I went to look for it just now, and there's a new one out, but it's not the one I read.) On it, from what I can remember there were things like "Push Phoenix & Naty, they're the only legit diva's on the roster" "Push Zack Ryder" "Build the tag division" "end the brand extension" "Bring back managers" "Bring back the cruiserweight division" & of course "Turn Cena Heel".

Have you noticed that up until now I've been talking about the biggest storylines (mostly) on Raw and haven't mentioned John Cena? What does that tell you? The title scene today isn't about John Cena, not really. He's in it for sure, but he's not the focal point. It's about CM Punk, it's about HHH as COO, and Johny Ace as VP, it's about Truth & Miz running amok and causing problems. All of this has to do with CM Punk rising to the top of the WWE, where John Cena is sitting. Cena's run at the top right now is of minor significance compared to CM Punk's story. That's why CM Punk was the main event at Night of Champions instead of Cena's title match.

Cena is the face of the company, but everyone (including Cena) knows his character is stale the way it is, and to his credit Cena has been doing whatever he can within his means to get rid of his not-so-fresh feeling. But first you need to establish a new draw, and Punk is not there yet. You can bet your ass though that the minute someone starts out-drawing John Cena he'll turn heel, WWE might even settle for close enough on this. Afterall the argument of turning your biggest draw heel is suicide is an asinine argument. Hogan was top draw in WCW both as face & heel.

Watch the show, enjoy it as is. Complain if you must, but don't take it all so seriously. Don't get all ********* over every little thing you see on WWE TV and be so quick to condemn and get on your favorite wrestling website and rant and rave like a lunatic. You don't know what is coming next and even the best of stories have slumps here and there, where things don't go well for your favorite characters, but eventually things get better again. WWE's TV shows have all been getting better and better, but each night isn't necessarily going to be better than the last. Look at the big picture, and see for yourself, things are trending upwards.

Excellent stuff. Things I agree with and wouldn't waste my time and energy anymore sharing those thoughts because like you said "you can't please everyone." I have in the past, but not only half of the fans are on the same page, and the other half wants to poke holes and be trolls/haters, so it is what it is. Glad someone spoke up besides me, it was necessary and fresh air breezing through on this site.

You don't know my username and recognize me commenting much, because I'm one of those fans that understands what is happening, is patient, watched this since the 80s, and appreciate the WWE rather than watch and hate on it (that makes no sense, change the damn channel then).

I agree with most of the things that the OP said. I just wanted to also add that it works both ways as well. If there are 10 guys that want Punk to be World Champion, there are 5 who want him to go back to ROH again because he is stale and a flash in the pan. Same deal with Cena, Miz, Del Rio and everyone else. There is never just one opinion among the IWC.

But this does suggest that the IWC is getting worked as well, in their own way. Yes, we are smart, we are supposed to know how the business works and yet we have been proved in the past and even in the recent past that we know jack shit about it. Many a time you will find here a guy bashing the living daylights out of an angle and then going on to praise the same thing just a week later. Sometimes it is just kowtowing on their behalf to the general consensus, but most of the time it is an acknowledgement of the fact that they have been worked by the WWE and is a genuine reaction.

Sometimes actually it is the knowledge of the inner workings of the business that leads to us getting worked. The news on the website is a perfect example of this. We know that WWE is not beyond giving false news in order to legitimise a storyline and soon we start wondering about the legitimacy of each firing. It is our own knowledge that results in us tricking ourselves.

All in all I would like to say that even though the IWC appear to be fickle, they are a patient lot. We love to bitch and bicker about the product but at the end of the day we do tune in to that show every single week. The bitching and the bickering actually shows how interested we are in the product and how much we care about it. Sometimes it also shows that we are getting worked by the WWE and that is always a good thing.

i don't understand how anyone in their right mind would think miz and truth were legitimately fired? it boggles my mind that people still don't understand the concept of kayfabe in order to make things seem realistic.

this is just as bad as people calling 911 in my area when vince mcmahon's limo blew up.

Well said OP well said. Sit back relax and enjoy. If you don't enjoy don't watch don't complain on message boards because it's redundant. Every week there's something new a new interesting storyline like Ziggler and Swagger when was the last time you seen two heels antagonize each other for a manager. Never happened with the Fuji and Heenan families now did it. That's something new and I'm enjoying it. CM Punk talking about how the business works is not new but I'm enjoying it. For the first time in years I've ordered three straight PPV's and I've enjoyed all of them because I sat back relaxed and let the story (in ring/out of ring) develop. That's something you didn't see often in the Overrated Era. The mid card today is the mid card today. Relax nobody except Botchberg accented from mid card to main event quickly.

It took time for HBK to get there and that was more than 10 years since he wrestled on tv every week(Midnight Rockers AWA) same with Ric Flair. Give the storylines and wrestlers time that is how the IWC burns characters out you want them pushed and want your way but when the WWE decides to go Burger King and give you your way whoa that's not good enough your pushing him down our throats no no no push this guy stop use decaf you'll come back down to reality

There's an old sports saying."The more you listen to spectators you will soon become one".

You know I think you may be onto somethings with Masters, Kozlov, Melina, etc. When WWE releases people for real, they typically put the real name of the wrestler on their website (Nick Dinsmore, Chris Mordetzky a while back), and they didn't do that with any of the wrestlers the OP mentioned, they listed their WWE names instead.

I like the direction the show is going, but it's unfortunate that the WWE website has now joined the program and is no longer a source for accurate information. Now if they fired Miz in reality, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep because I'm not a huge fan of his, but he's clearly the #2 heel in the company and I find it hard to believe that this isn't part of the story. That being said, I'm gonna tune in next week (which im sure everyone else on here will too) to see what the aftermath is.

I think that is what the WWE has gotten better at as of late. Getting people to tune in the next week. Keeping the show fresh and less predictable. Most everyone on here had ADR retaining by DQ or something similar and Beth Phoenix beating Kelly Kelly, and Randy Orton beating Mark Henry at NoC. We were wrong. It was very unpredictable and that's what made Monday worth watching.

I don't see how the whole sit down, shut up, and hold on approach helps any with the Kelly Kelly crap. This whole feud is trying to make me believe that a 170 pound muscular woman can't beat a 110 pound barbie doll with zero wrestling ability, other than apparently mastering the roll up pinning combination.

It's extremely annoying and I just hope to God that when Awesome Kong comes back , she bitch slaps Vince McMahon until he pisses his pants and finally destroys Kelly Kelly. God I can't stand her. She was only good for one thing, and that was when Paul Heyman had her stripping.

I don't like what's going on with the Diva's division right now either. At first I loved Beth Phoenix's heel turn, but then they started dressing up with overdone makeup and dumbass looking dresses and heels... it's like, seriously just accept that you're athletes and stop pretending you can be some pretty girly-girl too. You can't have it both ways.

Phoenix should have buried Kelly Kelly, at Summerslam, and certainly at NoC. But it's got me wondering, is it Neidhart's turn? That, IMO would be even better than Phoenix winning, and if Naty wins, will that build animosity between Phoenix & Naty? I'm ALL for a Phoenix vs Naty feud. Thing is, it takes time to build something like that doesn't it?

Have you seen the poll WWE put out asking who would sympathize with Beth & Naty's crusade? This storyline is far from done. So yeah, just wait and see what happens, the story isn't over yet. Let them finish. If AJ or someone like that wins the title, and Beth & Naty part ways then yeah, I'd say you have grounds to bitch and moan. But unless that happens, just let them finish the story.

Aside from the Diva Division in WWE, I'm pretty happy with most of what I see. We've got interesting feuds going on in the main event scene, the tag team scene is legitimately interesting for the first time in a long time, the mid-card champions are both developing into strong characters, there's a little dose of unpredictability going on but it's not happening just for the sake of shock value, good wrestling action, good promo segments, etc.

There are always going to be things that pop up now and again that someone doesn't like. For instance, I made a thread yesterday basically condemning the idea of the Muppets hosting Raw on Halloween Night but, apparently, I'm in the minority on this on these boards. :shrug: Just goes with the territory sometimes. I also wasn't all that wild about Beth & Natalya losing that tag match last night but I didn't get what I wanted. Again, that's just how the mop flops.

I think that a big problem is that people try to focus so much on what they want to happen, what they believe should happen, that they don't take time to just try and enjoy the show. If you're just not into the overall product, that's cool. I can understand that. But if you're just hating all over the product just because John Morrison got oblterated by Del Rio last night though everything else was fine, then I think you're the one with the problem.

Oh my god. I finally found the one sane person this site. I absolutely think the op is right. the man has just earned my respect.

If you don't like what WWE is doing, don't watch. You have every god given right to pick up your remote, and change the channel.

Hell, no one is forcing you to watch. Please be smart. If you want WWE to listen to yoy, you can get more done by helping in making their ratings decline, than by complaining.

Thank god I found a thread that actually, makes sense, and a op that also makes sense.

:lmao:

Hating in internet wreslting discussion boards is hilarouis!
watchinng moderators own them is even funnier. Seeing moderators get owned by the haters or trolls is the funniest thing ever.

There will always be haters and anti-smarks who oppose them:shrug:. sometimes i think thats hard to get into some people's heads. If it is inevitable that is's going to happen you might as well enjoy it!

No thank you sir but i believe i will stand, speak freeley, amd watch trolls clash with others.;)

:lmao:

Hating in internet wreslting discussion boards is hilarouis!
watchinng moderators own them is even funnier. Seeing moderators get owned by the haters or trolls is the funniest thing ever.

There will always be haters and anti-smarks who oppose them:shrug:. sometimes i think thats hard to get into some people's heads. If it is inevitable that is's going to happen you might as well enjoy it!

No thank you sir but i believe i will stand, speak freeley, amd watch trolls clash with others.;)

This isn't about that. I enjoy watching the irony of it all too. Even more so since a couple of the mods ARE trolls.

I'm talking about some of the posters here that really seem like they're getting offended by what the 'E' is doing to them as viewers. Some people are really taking it personally. Then they go flying off the handle attacking every little thing that happens like what they just witnessed was the end result rather that just one segment of the story. It's more often than not that what you watch on a PPV is not the finale of whatever storyline they have going.

~~~~

I realized that I never finished the point I was making when I brought up the article I read from the Bleacher Report.

Me said:
About a year ago, I read a bleacher report about 20 things the WWE could do right now to improve the product. (I went to look for it just now, and there's a new one out, but it's not the one I read.) On it, from what I can remember there were things like "Push Phoenix & Naty, they're the only legit diva's on the roster" "Push Zack Ryder" "Build the tag division" "end the brand extension" "Bring back managers" "Bring back the cruiserweight division" & of course "Turn Cena Heel".
I let myself get distracted by talking about Cena. :p

Point is WWE is watching what the IWC is saying, taking it with a grain of salt, and acting accordingly. They've done everything I can remember of that list except for turning Cena heel.

At just a glance at the new list of 20 WWE could do right now to improve the product, the one thing that stood out to me was the point of "Make Santino Marella a credible threat in the ring." I wholeheartedly agree. Now that doesn't necessarily mean jack squat, but that sounds to me like the kind of thing that not only could happen, but very likely will happen too. And IF it does happen, it will just go to reinforce what I'm saying, that the WWE is definitely paying attention to the IWC, regardless of whether or not they do what we think they should.

So go ahead, complain if you must. Just calm down, take a deep breath, and realize that there's a lot more to what's going on with the show that what you've seen on TV thus-far.

Ricolen your right on with everything you said
As is Jack Hammer

People need to just sit down, shut up and hold on.. and be thankful

Personally I have always been thankful for the WWE, especially after WCW faltered. Just because we dont always get what we want doesnt mean that things arean't good.

I rather have Vince and the WWE than Vince Russo, Eric "Bitchoff" and TNA

Nothing is perfect, no such thing as perfection, but look how things have been lately..been great to me, call me optimistic but i like this new "Reality Era" i've liked any Era of the "E" period

Most of you guys keep complaining regardless if you get what you want.. Everybody and their Mom has been Lobbying for Change and its finally happening yet... You guys are still complaining? come on now lol Jesus

Or like how one minute(everybody and their MOM) loves CM Punk and what he's doing.. Now some of you's are regressing on him. Really? Make up your minds.

Lastly John Cena is not Overrated, whats overrated is the bashing that he gets and this whole... 5 MOVES OF DOOM DESTRUCTION is just the most "lame duck" thing you can say about any wrestler in the WWE. News Flash... Pretty much all Wrestlers do 5 Moves. Stop complaining so much about him winning the title over and over. how he wrestles, how he looks, dresses, how he talks.. its all overrated hoopla propaganda. Nothing is wrong with him being The Man of the Company because quite frankly.. its well earned and well carried by him

In conclusion: Not only sit down, shut up, and hold on.. but be thankful for the WWE.. it could be way way way way way way way way worse than what it is right now. and its not

First off Rico...like always great post. Always love reading, debating and discussing with you.

Anyways few things I would like to say about everything you wrote.

1) I love how WWE.com is apart of the show now. I always thought they needed to embrace the internet and this is a perfect way. Now for the first time in a long time, we as the audience have no clue what is going on. Now, clearly, Miz and R-Truth aren't fired, neither is Nash but I would love for the WWE to send us some curve balls. I would love for the WWE to send out false reports, made up stories too really drive the IWC crazy. The best part of wrestling is the surprise and that was gone for a while, but it is coming back and I love it.

2) I personally love how the IWC complains over stupid stuff. For example that fact that "Sin Cara isn't the real Sin Cara, do they think we are stupid." Of course they don't. I think they understand that anybody over the age of 15 could figure that out, but we have to remember for those people who are under the age of 15, they had no idea. They thought it was the same old Sin Cara. I can picture a 12 year old kid watching Smackdown Friday Night going nuts sitting on his couch when a 2ND SIN CARA came out...my point being, people in the IWC have to realize that for everything we know, there is a kid watching the program who doesn't know. Now I am not saying don't complain because personally, I love to read them, I find them humorous sometimes but also it makes sure that the WWE stays on their feet. Whenever the WWE does read something like that I think it reminds them what has happen in the past that they might of forgot about. I requires the WWE to also keep track of their history. Also It tells them that, "OK this original idea we had won't work because everybody caught on, lets think of a new idea."

3) The title scene is certainly not about just Cena anymore, but I think that the WWE still has big problems with the titles. Two main event titles just doesn't work anymore. Also title reigns don't really mean much of anything since they change hands so often. This though is a direct result of having too many PPVs. I think the WWE needs to cut some PPVs, allow for some meaningful and longer title reigns, merge the two main event titles and create a Heavyweight division that we care about. The best story lines are ones based around the title, and honestly, after this whole Punk/HHH storyline is finished (and eventually it will), I just can't see the WWE product to continue to grow with the state of the Title belts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGjHeDuu8Xg&feature=related

And this is the reason why CM punk is so liked in the WWE universe IMO

He wasn't really debating the fact that CM Punk is liked, what he was trying to say is giving him the title right now wouldn't really do much for his career. By not giving him the title will make the WWE Universe want him to have it more and more and when he does win the title, it will mean more then them throwing it on him now.

Simply protesting WWE and changing the channel when you don't like what they are doing won't change things. Just like Punk said in one of his shoots " When I'm gone, I realize things will go on as if I never left, the status quo will remain and Vince will continue to make money despite himself."

I'm paraphrasing but you get the point. So right now, Punk truly is the voice of the voiceless, both on screen and backstage. He is our savior right now. Hopefully Punk can use his new connections to finally get Beth the title. I'm sick and tired of that talentless skank Kelly Kelly. Hell, her only true usefullness is her looks, and WWE doesn't even use that. Kelly Kelly can't be useful unless she is used as a sex symbol. Paul Heyman realized this.

Since WWE doesn't use profanity or sexual themes anymore, Kelly Kelly as Champion makes no sense. They need to turn the Divas division into a division of great wrestlers. They also need to rename the title. It's time for the return of the "Women's Championship"

I agree with most of op's comments. we are generally too quick in what we actually want. I personally have things to complain as well, like improving the tag division with "real" tag teams who are not just bunch of "don't have a job to do" guys teaming up. If you are giving time to "any" division, you might as well do it properly, otherwise it will just make people change the channel. Same might go with cruiserweights, I wish WWE had a belt for them, and also divas. I understand WWE may not think they are important right now but why waste your air time with something you don't care.

Anyway, back to the topic... Just like these examples, everyone would see some flaws on any show at any era. You can't make everyone happy. EVER. However I like what WWE is doing right now. Since CM Punk's shoot (if that is a real shoot) we all start to question what actually is happening and what is not. One of the things that was killing todays show was getting spoilers whenever you want about what "really" is happening. Knowing that, WWE started giving away some real storylines, so you start to wonder what actually is real and what is not. I think that alone is a great move on WWE's part. It gives IWC too many topics to talk about. As for children, they wouldn't care what kayfabe is anyway.

So, for the first time in long years (that is for me) WWE started caring about IWC, guys who knew what was real and what was kayfabe. They started to blur things so well, we all started making threads about CM Punk, Sin Cara, Johnny Ace etc etc They actually made us talk, and made us wonder what actually is happening. By adding real life situations like a contract expiry, or 2 different wrestlers wrestling with the same mask due to drug policy, or mentioning backstage people who influence WWE's decisions, we had a new era that we all started talking about. That's why I think WWE is on the right track. As for the complainers, you can't change it. If Cena is champion someone will say I want Punk, when Punk is champion someone will say I want Miz. So instead of trying to make everyone happy, WWE should make everyone interested, and that's exactly what they are trying to do right now

He wasn't really debating the fact that CM Punk is liked, what he was trying to say is giving him the title right now wouldn't really do much for his career. By not giving him the title will make the WWE Universe want him to have it more and more and when he does win the title, it will mean more then them throwing it on him now.

That is so true, The WWE Universe are mostly kids, the longer you make them wait for "candy" (cm punk) the more they want it. Once you give them the candy they're like "YAY!! CANDY!!!" But after a long time of giving them the same flavor of candy (cena) day after day/month after month, they begin to want a new flavor.

So you see, if they put the title on cm punk every chance they get, people will get bored of him, much like they have with cena.

Simply protesting WWE and changing the channel when you don't like what they are doing won't change things. Just like Punk said in one of his shoots " When I'm gone, I realize things will go on as if I never left, the status quo will remain and Vince will continue to make money despite himself."

I'm paraphrasing but you get the point. So right now, Punk truly is the voice of the voiceless, both on screen and backstage. He is our savior right now. Hopefully Punk can use his new connections to finally get Beth the title. I'm sick and tired of that talentless skank Kelly Kelly. Hell, her only true usefullness is her looks, and WWE doesn't even use that. Kelly Kelly can't be useful unless she is used as a sex symbol. Paul Heyman realized this.

Since WWE doesn't use profanity or sexual themes anymore, Kelly Kelly as Champion makes no sense. They need to turn the Divas division into a division of great wrestlers. They also need to rename the title. It's time for the return of the "Women's Championship"

The WWE Machine WIILL continue to roll on no matter who is on board I agree, but your assessment of Punk I don't agree with. He isn't the "voice of the voiceless" and the only "change" he wants to envoke is him winning the title and everyone looking at him instead of Cena. He's never had the best interest of the company at heart and the fact that he's airing dirty laundry during his shoots makes him more of a selfish prick than an advocate of change. His idea seems to be let me and my boys/girls get everything we want and the company will be all good. I don't think he's a savior of anything.

Now don't get me wrong, I like CM Punk...in the ring. His offense is unique and he has great in ring psychology. The matches with him and Cena were some of the best of the year. I just hate when he picks up that "pipe bomb" and start ranting about conspiracy this, conspriacy that. Just shut up and fight your way to the top and stop talking about it. My fear is that the conflict with him v the man is gonna overshadow the Triple Threat HIAC match that has the potential to be great.

Fans can be really impatient. They complain a lot too. Sitting on here posting all sorts of rants claiming the show is terrible now compared to the attitude era or wanting to boycott the product unless Cena turns heel.... Yet they all watch Raw each week only to come back with more complaints. Either be patient or find something else to watch. It's not enjoyable if you look for things to complain about. It IS enjoyable if you just sit back, relax, and be a fan. They are putting on a show for YOU. Unless it's your job or something you truly LIKE to do, you don't HAVE to sit down dissecting the product week in and week out.

I currently really enjoy what I am seeing in WWE, other than one or two things. The Divas division is absolutely worthless at the moment with Kelly having defeated Beth Phoenix twice on PPV now, they need to learn that the belt means nothing unless someone who can actually WRESTLE holds it. Push Beth as a monster diva, let her WIN on PPV, and start a dominant reign. Or Natalya. THAT is what will save that division. It's 100% clear to me after Night of Champions that WWE don't care about their girls anymore. I have given up on that division. They are my snack break from here on out unless there happens to be an even more worthless match on the card. Then there's the tag team division, but it's seeing some exciting matches with Air Boom and it can only improve at this point.

I like everything else I am seeing. The people who complain all the time are missing out because they are too busy either missing the attitude era or looking for things to complain about. Those of us who are sitting down to enjoy the show and being patient with letting the storylines develop more are having fun, it's a great time to be a fan with all of the changes coming to WWE right now. What worked in the oldschool days will not work today. We will get to eventually see for ourselves what DOES work in today's product.

I said this in multiple posts!

I think most fans get lost in the way a story is told. Jask-Hammer had a great thread today about how the IWC is not happy with anything. Most scream for change, and when it happens they bitch and pick it apart. No one is satisfied anymore, and WWE isn't aiming to plase everyone because you cant.

Take this Punk/Cena angle. "Why is Punk back so soon?" "WWE dropped the ball again." Just sit back and watch it unfold. Wrestling is supposed to be about suspension of the imagination!!!

I remember the days of wrestling WITHOUT the internet and dirt sheets. MNR was compelling and you had to wait a week and tune in every Monday to see what would happen next. Now we get information the next day or days prior. Stories used to carry on for months, but with the ADD generation we want everything NOW.

Wrestling should be like a movie...its not believable, but for 2 hours we want to think it is. Most action movies, half of what happens COULD NOT happen in real life. Wrestling is no different.

Please people...suspend your imagination for 2 hours, sit back and enjoy the ride. The more you pick it apart and try to make sense of everything...the more you will not like it.

As much as I love and was a fan of the attitude era, I also am a fan of evolution (no not the stable that was led by Triple H) and the forward progress of something, like the film industry and wrestling.

Its funny though, the film industry (or as its referred to as Hollywood) has come along way. Black and white films will always be loved and cherished. People thought 8mm film was the greatest thing...and then they were able to add sound and THAT was the best thing to happen to film. Look at what we have now. 3D is an evolving breakthrough, so are CG (computer generated) movies...wether it be something done from Pixar like Toy Story or something as beautiful as Avatar. But there will always be those people that LOVE the old-style, traditional ways of film. I myself am an aspiring filmmaker. I would love to shoot a movie on 8mm film...but you cant do that today.

The same way you cant replicate the attitude era. It was good back in the day, but its time to move forward and evolve into something new, and thats what WWE is doing. Not to bash TNA, but thats why they are not working as well. They spend too much time focusing on what worked in the past, instead of looking to the future.

Please people...just sit back and enjoy the ride. Im tired of seeing complaints on here because WWE isn't booking things the way YOU want! I know we live in the ADD era of life, but have some patience PLEASE!!!

WWE is on a roll right now. Have they hit the mark right...no, they've had a few speedbumps. I read what happened at NOC...I dont get it, but Im not going to complain either. Im going to sit in my armchair, or on my couch, or wherever and watch what it being presented to me everyday.

My fiance watches soap operas and I ask her "how can you watch this" but then I realize I watch something similar with more action. I dont always get it, but I dont need to because Im entertained. It may not make sense right now, but it will down the line. Lots of TV shows are like that. They create stories and add new characters in them to progress. One thing might happen that makes you say "huh" but it will make sense eventually.

One of my favorite shows on TV right now is Supernatural. There are things they touched on in season 6 that went back to the first episode and made me go" oh wow that changes everything" The whole show has been 1 single storyline played out over 6 years! Is this what WWE needs to do...no. BUT, I believe they need to make stories longer and expand them and bring new characters in. THATS WHAT THIS WHOLE TRIPLE H/NASH?PUNK ANGLE IS DOING!

So...I agree with the OP. Sit down, SHUT UP, and hold on. You might actually enjoy what you are watching.

And no, changing the channel, or not buying the DVDs/PPVs, etc. is NOT going to make WWE change. Cena is NOT going to become heel, Kofi does NOT need to turn on Bourne, Miz and Truth are NOT fired!

The WWE Machine WIILL continue to roll on no matter who is on board I agree, but your assessment of Punk I don't agree with. He isn't the "voice of the voiceless" and the only "change" he wants to envoke is him winning the title and everyone looking at him instead of Cena. He's never had the best interest of the company at heart and the fact that he's airing dirty laundry during his shoots makes him more of a selfish prick than an advocate of change. His idea seems to be let me and my boys/girls get everything we want and the company will be all good. I don't think he's a savior of anything.

Now don't get me wrong, I like CM Punk...in the ring. His offense is unique and he has great in ring psychology. The matches with him and Cena were some of the best of the year. I just hate when he picks up that "pipe bomb" and start ranting about conspiracy this, conspriacy that. Just shut up and fight your way to the top and stop talking about it. My fear is that the conflict with him v the man is gonna overshadow the Triple Threat HIAC match that has the potential to be great.

Even if that is Punk's real agenda it doesn't matter. It still benefits people like me as a side effect. Everything about Punk you just described is the pure definition of a "anti-hero". Anti-heros are immensely entertaining because you can't wait to see who's ass they kick next or see what they are going to do. Also, Punk's promos are a huge part of his drawing ability. If he didn't complain and point out the obvious, there would be no reason to watch him. Just watch his pointless match against the Miz a few weeks back.

Nobody cared including myself, because we all wanted to see him kick Kevin Nash and HHH's ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back