Sincere question from new-to-wrestling fan about Randy Orton and Mr. Anderson

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Alright. So I am relatively new to wrestling and one of the guys I've followed closely has been Mr. Anderson of TNA, formerly Mr. Kennedy of WWE. To me, Mr. Anderson seems like a genuine person who is fun loving and good natured.

Now tonight, Randy Orton suffered some type of arm injury, but he was able to walk out of the match on his own. Now I saw that Mr Anderson made comments about how "Karma is a MFer" and "it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." And it seems like a lot of people are very offended by that?

My question is, how many of you wrestling fans out there have morals?
What I mean is, where do you draw the line on rooting for a guy who is a not so good person outside the ring? I didn't know much about it, but I've heard a lot of people are mad that WWE doesn't mention Chris Benoit? How could you?

I don't want to get into that. My issue is how wrestling fans will first say they only root for certain people because it's a show ( I don't agree with his life outside wrestling, but I still root for him becase he's a good performer) but once you start defending a wrestler on the world outside wrestling, I mean you have an addiction or something.

Mr. Anderson was just a guy trying to make a living in professional wrestling and before he could really hit it big, his moments were taken away from him by injuries and then a wrestler he considered a friend who admittedly went too VKM and told him he wouldn't work w/ Anderson and said he was a liablity in the ring for "nearly injuring him." The funny thing is RKO has broken his collar bone twice, once was by Triple H who brutally "assisted" Orton over the top rope (look up the footage) you might say Orton "over-jumped" this one and Orton injured it in a motorcycle accident.

The point is, Orton took food out of Anderson's mouth. You guys know the figures, TNA guys unless they are legends, don't make much ... something like 300-500 an appearance(don't just take for granted Anderson could get job w/ TNA, imagine yourself if some other wrestler had gotten you fired from your dream after you paid your dues for so many years.) It's a good thing for Anderson that he actually is a humongous talent in the wrestling world and even though he has spent time injured, everyone knows this guy is a stud and might have been unfairly fired from the WWE just b/c some people might have seen him as a threat. The same way the Main Eventer's are saying how they won't work with Drew McIntyre right now. I'm starting to think TNA stole the Main Event Mafia idea from WWE, sounds like there is a definite powers that be in WWE that does and says what they want and it starts with Cena and Orton.

But, yeah. I was just dismayed to see more people were siding with Orton just b/c of his entrance music, finisher, and looks (Eh, girls and gay men have weird tastes, they like snakey looking figures) and not b/c of who he actualy is. Orton is a guy who went AWOL in the military twice and was eventually dishonorably discharged from there. He then came to WWE where a number of divas have accused him of sexual harassment (i.e. shitting in their purses, making advances)

Randy has also broke his collar bone twice which makes him sensitive to his neck, so don't expect anything but his normal style match. He is only capable of doing certain things b/c he has a weak neck. And he is also sensitive about it ... why he flipped when Anderson did back drop, but he was fine. He is also a hot tempered person, remember him calling Kofi stupid for botching.
The question is, will Edge be fired now for ACTUALLY injuring him?

Btw, Anderson never wished anything on anyone. All he said was karma is a mf'er. When he was fired by WWE by Orton and if it was indeed unfair, I'm sure everyone said to him ... "leave it up to karma" and this is what happened. B/c the problem was not Mr. Anderson .. it was Randy Orton!

All you edge heads out there will surely say Edge is safe in the ring ... it's wrestling, shit happens. Look at the Batista/Cena and Punk/Mysterio matches.

Whose more injury prone, the guy who controls all his matches and doesn't take bumps and is another 5 moves of death like Cena who is able to hump the ring for a minutre before he does his finisher(b/c he's a viper =/), or the guy getting hit with a Kurt Angle moonsault from the top of a cage?

Advice: Don't be sincere. Because all the wrestling nerds will rip into you for it. Only few of them seem to have common sense.

LOL. Good question. Can't wait to see these responses.

Also, the Kennedy/Orton thing is not so big of a deal. Kennedy is a general whiner, while Orton is a general complainer. You can see how the two don't match. It would better for you to ignore their petty feud. Kennedy may have talent but with an attitude like that he won't get far. Orton on the other, may be a bit annoying, has potential and patience. So that will get him through. But who knows. If Kennedy returns to WWE it would setup a beautiful feud. Real life feuds are always fun. Also I just noticed I called him Kennedy. I meant Anderson. I won't edit.

Rule #1: Don't believe everything you see or hear.

Whether it's on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc, don't believe this person really is the asshole he is making himself out to be. Nobody knows for sure if he is still playing his character (he is a wrestler who is over with an "asshole" gimmick after all). And anyone who was really insulted by his words are stupid.....stupid.

Anderson is selling his character. Does he do it on the net? Possibly- like I said nobody knows for sure. Sounds like he is still a little sore over Orton having him fired...but really, look at this from a more realistic view:

Kennedy was getting a push in WWE upon getting fired. Not a big #1 Contender push, but still he was noticeable. In TNA he is hella-over with their fans, and he has been in major feuds with the likes of Angle and The Pope. He is getting up there for The Big One.

So does Anderson still have hard feelings for Orton? I would think not since he is getting the push of his life. My opinion is he is just selling it- because most of us already know that Orton cost Anderson his job in WWE.

And by the way, we all have some kind morals, but wrestling is wrestling after all. Don't take it to heart; its meant to entertain. TNA is meant to give their audience a little edge after all.

First things first, I haven't seen the match yet. But...

Accidents happen. It's how Edge tore his Achilles recently, and though his time with the company was short, Jeff Hardy was not fired for being the opponent when it happened.

Orton had been with the WWE longer than Kennedy/Anderson when he was pushing for Kennedy/Anderson's release. Edge, on the other hand, has seniority over Orton. So Orton could complain about Edge, but probably not see the same kind of results that he saw when he complained about Kennedy/Anderson.

What I'm curious to see is if Batista is made a better offer to stick around now that Raw will be down one superstar while Randy is out recovering from his shoulder. Again. Personally, I hope not, I've been counting the hours 'til I could watch programming without the Animal, but that's an opinion. Actually, most of this is an opinion, so don't view a drop of it as fact.

res

Ok well first off just to clear this up, im guessing you didn't watch the match or else you would know that Edge didn't injure Orton. Orton was dso oing his little pounding thing for the RKO and just stopped.now way will edge be discplined in anyway Freak accident. Now on to your morals question, I don't care at all what wrestlers do outside the ring. I don't see them as actual role models and it's not like im going to be hanging out with them after the match. Like charles Barkley said " I am not a role model". Orton is the perfect example of this. He has been accused of sexual assault twice, accused of spitting on a kid, and still I and the majority of the WWE's fan root for him. I root for him because he is a cool character, and is very good in the ring. Personally I was pumped when Anderson got fired. His IS crap in the ring and i hated his in ring persona. I mean people aren't going to say that they don't want to work with someone if they really think they could get injured wrestling them. But i get your coming from. Clearly Anderson is still bitter from being fired from WWE, which is definatly the number one sports entertainment/ pro wrestling company out there. To be let go just because he might have had a little ring rust after a long amount of time is B.S. however to say that stuff on twitter is a dick move in my opinion. So whatever. Anderson sucks, he's still bitter and its pretty clear.

also orton doesn't have a weak neck, he suffers from hyper-mobile shoulders.

Alright. So I am relatively new to wrestling and one of the guys I've followed closely has been Mr. Anderson of TNA, formerly Mr. Kennedy of WWE. To me, Mr. Anderson seems like a genuine person who is fun loving and good natured.

Now tonight, Randy Orton suffered some type of arm injury, but he was able to walk out of the match on his own. Now I saw that Mr Anderson made comments about how "Karma is a MFer" and "it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." And it seems like a lot of people are very offended by that?

What I mean is, where do you draw the line on rooting for a guy who is a not so good person outside the ring? I didn't know much about it, but I've heard a lot of people are mad that WWE doesn't mention Chris Benoit? How could you?

I don't want to get into that. My issue is how wrestling fans will first say they only root for certain people because it's a show ( I don't agree with his life outside wrestling, but I still root for him becase he's a good performer) but once you start defending a wrestler on the world outside wrestling, I mean you have an addiction or something.

Mr. Anderson was just a guy trying to make a living in professional wrestling and before he could really hit it big, his moments were taken away from him by injuries and then a wrestler he considered a friend who admittedly went too VKM and told him he wouldn't work w/ Anderson and said he was a liablity in the ring for "nearly injuring him." The funny thing is RKO has broken his collar bone twice, once was by Triple H who brutally "assisted" Orton over the top rope (look up the footage) you might say Orton "over-jumped" this one and Orton injured it in a motorcycle accident.

The point is, Orton took food out of Anderson's mouth. You guys know the figures, TNA guys unless they are legends, don't make much ... something like 300-500 an appearance(don't just take for granted Anderson could get job w/ TNA, imagine yourself if some other wrestler had gotten you fired from your dream after you paid your dues for so many years.) It's a good thing for Anderson that he actually is a humongous talent in the wrestling world and even though he has spent time injured, everyone knows this guy is a stud and might have been unfairly fired from the WWE just b/c some people might have seen him as a threat. The same way the Main Eventer's are saying how they won't work with Drew McIntyre right now. I'm starting to think TNA stole the Main Event Mafia idea from WWE, sounds like there is a definite powers that be in WWE that does and says what they want and it starts with Cena and Orton.

But, yeah. I was just dismayed to see more people were siding with Orton just b/c of his entrance music, finisher, and looks (Eh, girls and gay men have weird tastes, they like snakey looking figures) and not b/c of who he actualy is. Orton is a guy who went AWOL in the military twice and was eventually dishonorably discharged from there. He then came to WWE where a number of divas have accused him of sexual harassment (i.e. shitting in their purses, making advances)

Randy has also broke his collar bone twice which makes him sensitive to his neck, so don't expect anything but his normal style match. He is only capable of doing certain things b/c he has a weak neck. And he is also sensitive about it ... why he flipped when Anderson did back drop, but he was fine. He is also a hot tempered person, remember him calling Kofi stupid for botching.

Btw, Anderson never wished anything on anyone. All he said was karma is a mf'er. When he was fired by WWE by Orton and if it was indeed unfair, I'm sure everyone said to him ... "leave it up to karma" and this is what happened. B/c the problem was not Mr. Anderson .. it was Randy Orton!

All you edge heads out there will surely say Edge is safe in the ring ... it's wrestling, shit happens. Look at the Batista/Cena and Punk/Mysterio matches.

Whose more injury prone, the guy who controls all his matches and doesn't take bumps and is another 5 moves of death like Cena who is able to hump the ring for a minutre before he does his finisher(b/c he's a viper =/), or the guy getting hit with a Kurt Angle moonsault from the top of a cage?

Ya know what, I actually like both of these athletes, they were my favorite, it's a shame that push came to shove and the other one got let go, I don't know too much of Mr. Orton's personal background but lets hope he doesn't become the real political butt kissing punk like the coward triple H. It's probably just me, but I for one, think there is also real heat between HHH and Orton as well, I would love to see Mr. Kennedy back in the WWE and like the other user says, it would be great scripted drama for us wwe fans to see! I doubt Edge would get fired, he just got back from a injury and I believe it was a accident! Raw would be pretty interesting tomorrow as now new storyline can be for edge;
1.Edge can claim he put Orton out of commission because Randy wasn't in his league
2. (Finally throw Jericho back in the lineup/feud) Have Jericho come out and call Edge out saying he was right all along, if Edge doesn't get injure or prone to it as Jericho always calls it, he gets other wrestlers injure because he's selfish etc...
Lets hope the wwe look at Mr. Kennedy's comments and tries to resign him back to the wwe and have a Mr. Kennedy vs Randy Orton feud! it'll make good if not great storyline. As for Mr. Kennedy's comments on Randy, I am sure he's just a bit still upset for what happened to him, if Randy was in the same shoes, he would have tweeted the same thing too, I hope Randy makes a speedy recovery as Raws Draft did steal everyone from smackdown, lets see how Raw would do without one of it's major players!

I'm not going to get into HHH being a coward with this guy. HHH has been a company man. See one of my other posts on that b/c I'm not going to digress from the subject.

I agree that Orton has made some mistakes in his past. I also believe that Anderson may have made a mistake when he posted harsh comments on Twitter tonight. However, I forgive them for what they do inside and outside the business. The reason being... they haven't wronged me. I'll admit it was a little hard to support Edge with the whole Lita thing, but ya know, thats not my battle. I look at the wrestler for what they can offer in the ring. Their personal lives are not my concern. I say dont let this situation keep you from sleeping at night :) everyone has drama and dont let someone elses drama be your drama. Enjoy!

Ok well first off just to clear this up, im guessing you didn't watch the match or else you would know that Edge didn't injure Orton.

Hug his nuts some more, why don't you? The OP never stated such. Strawman argument.

Orton was dso oing his little pounding thing for the RKO and just stopped.now way will edge be discplined in anyway Freak accident.

And, again, no one claimed otherwise. He asked a rhetorical question; I guess that cutting-edge argumentative technique just went swoosh over your head, but I digress...

Now on to your morals question, I don't care at all what wrestlers do outside the ring. I don't see them as actual role models and it's not like im going to be hanging out with them after the match.

No, I'm sure that if a pro wrestler working in TNA or WWE asked you to hang out with them, you'd be all like "nah, I don't want to, 'cause I don't see you as role models".

They're role models, whether YOU want them to be or not, because they figure in the public eye in an environment where there are a lot of children and young adults, and the way they condone themselves outside the ring has a big impact on how they are viewed by the parents of said children and young adults, due to the openess of the business and the way tabloids and their internet equivalents (dirt sheets) these days are reporting just about EVERYTHING about their lives.

Like charles Barkley said " I am not a role model". Orton is the perfect example of this. He has been accused of sexual assault twice, accused of spitting on a kid, and still I and the majority of the WWE's fan root for him.

... accused of it, yes. Convicted of it, no. None of the charges have ever been brought into court and this is one of the reasons people these days are starting to disbelieve stories about alleged complaints against Orton. Crying wolf, and all that. And the sexual assault stuff was never proven to be true - that was all rumor, spun off the fact that Orton definitely had some behavioral issues in the past. He's perceived as a loose cannon because of this - and because of his in-ring persona - and the line between kayfabe and reality blurs even more...

I root for him because he is a cool character, and is very good in the ring.

Good for you. You also root for him because everyone else does. Nothing like conformity, is there?

Personally I was pumped when Anderson got fired.

You what?

So, either you have some kind of Aspberger's syndrome, where you're incapable of empathy towards other human beings or, well, you're a sociopath. You get stoked when someone is fired? How childish are you, really?

His IS crap in the ring and i hated his in ring persona.

So, his heel character got over with you? Great.

And I'm absolutely, positively certain that Ken Anderson is ten thousand times the wrestler you ever will be. He wasn't in the WWE and he isn't in TNA because he is crap in the ring, smartass, he's there and was there because he obviously has a ton of potential, talent and skills. He'll never be a Bret Hart or a Bryan Danielson, but he has better in-ring talent than either The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin, yet people don't bash them relentlessly for it.

I mean people aren't going to say that they don't want to work with someone if they really think they could get injured wrestling them.

Yeeeaaahh, no. If you'd ever actually listened to Ken on what actually happened that night (we have no account from Randy, obviously), you wouldn't be so quick to say that. Then again - "I'm guessing you didn't watch Ken's final match - or any of his matches - and haven't seen Ken's recount of the aftermath", to paraphrase your opening statement, because if you had, and applied some logic to your think (it's a wild concept, I know), you wouldn't even make that kind of statement.

But i get your coming from. Clearly Anderson is still bitter from being fired from WWE ,

Yes, clearly. He's not having fun at all in TNA. It's all a ruse. Yeah, KEN hasn't moved on, but the IWC OBVIOUSLY has. Am I the only one seeing the irony in this?

which is definatly the number one sports entertainment/ pro wrestling company out there.

As far as production value and corporate net profit goes, yes. As far as entertainment value and, you know, actual WRESTLING ability of their performers...? That's arguable.

To be let go just because he might have had a little ring rust after a long amount of time is B.S. however to say that stuff on twitter is a dick move in my opinion.

"Kharma is a MOTHERFUCKER" is being a dick? You are either ten years old or have never held a grudge in your pathetically challenged life. Get some perspective on how stuff works in the real world outside your little bubble, before you make sweeping generalizations that have no relevance to what is actually true. For a given value of true.

He is expressing that he felt that he was wrong, he moved on, and now kharma has caught up with Randy. I don't necessarily agree OR disagree, but to say that it is a dick move, when compared to getting someone FIRED is beyond hypocritical.

So whatever. Anderson sucks, he's still bitter and its pretty clear.

Yes, because you're one to talk.

also orton doesn't have a weak neck, he suffers from hyper-mobile shoulders.

Aaaand we end with some nuthuggery. Good for Orton.

Now then, in reply to the OP...

... I totally see where you're coming from. The hypocrisy and general moral fiber of the IWC is atrocious. Opinions swing from day-to-day, depending on who is currently over, or not, and in-ring "accomplishments" (man, Dr. Who really whooped some robot ass! But I didn't like the way the sidekick was portrayed and I think the actor isn't ready for that kind of push in the series... dur?) overshadow behavior and personality traits that are far from enviable.

Yet, the IWC doesn't care about its own hypocrisy and it sure as hell doesn't care about the wrestlers' well-being. Don't be fooled when someone starts a genuine thread with concerns about a wrestlers' health issues - the people jumping into the thread with support for the wrestler will turn coat and bash the everliving fuck out of said wrestler the second he beats THEIR favorite wrestler (such a heinous act should have never been allowed!).

The IWC consists of marks, who think they know the first thing about the business and think that their moral compass and values are the ONLY ones worth considering. Lesson number one when posting on a wrestling forum is to distance yourself from your posting-"persona". See it as a gimmick, a character if you will, and never take anything personally. People are dicks because they have no reality-checks on-line. And the IWC is one of the most rude, ungrateful and obnoxious communities out there.

The incessant Ken Anderson bashing is getting tedious, people. Find someone else to bash, or, failing that... get a life.

did you see the match EDGE DIDNT INJURE ORTON i watched live and i thought ORTON injured it pounding the mat but i watched it again and ORTON INJURED IT DURING A NECK SNAP ON EDGE WHEN HE WAS FIGHTING BACK and when he WAS POUNDING THE MAT HE HURT IT MORE and as for ANDERSON................ANDERSON he needs to get OVER IT when i found out he got fired it was one of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE because i watched that match and ive watched it several times on youtube and ANDERSON was reckless in the ring so i dont blame ORTON i would of talk to VINNE MAC to and the only reason he talked to VINNE MAC is because in the back he talked ANDERSON and he could of cared less and for the wrestlers life outside thE RING they have to act like ROLE MODELS because they're supposed to represent the company in a good matter just like when you were in school when went to sporting events you were supposed to represent your school well and thats what wrestlers are supposed to do and RANDY'S sexaul harrasment cases none of them have ever been proven to be true so that makes him innocent because YOUR INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTLY and ORTON WAS NEVER PROVEN GUILTY

Dont respect Anderson one bit after his comments, while you can not like a person, cheering on someone seperating a shoulder just makes him sound like an absolute ********,

did you see the match EDGE DIDNT INJURE ORTON i watched live and i thought ORTON injured it pounding the mat but i watched it again and ORTON INJURED IT DURING A NECK SNAP ON EDGE WHEN HE WAS FIGHTING BACK and when he WAS POUNDING THE MAT HE HURT IT MORE and as for ANDERSON................ANDERSON he needs to get OVER IT when i found out he got fired it was one of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE because i watched that match and ive watched it several times on youtube and ANDERSON was reckless in the ring so i dont blame ORTON i would of talk to VINNE MAC to and the only reason he talked to VINNE MAC is because in the back he talked ANDERSON and he could of cared less and for the wrestlers life outside thE RING they have to act like ROLE MODELS because they're supposed to represent the company in a good matter just like when you were in school when went to sporting events you were supposed to represent your school well and thats what wrestlers are supposed to do and RANDY'S sexaul harrasment cases none of them have ever been proven to be true so that makes him innocent because YOUR INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTLY and ORTON WAS NEVER PROVEN GUILTY

It was one of the best days of your life when he got fired? lol, you need to get out more.

As for Anderson's comment about karma, get over it people. You know why he said it? Because it was almost exactly a year ago when he made his return (May 25 2009) when Orton got mad for him almost maybe possibly could have sorta-injuring his shoulder, and now while Anderson is in TNA Orton injures his own shoulder by doing the stupid pounding on the ground.

And so yet another Orton vs Kennedy thread has emerged and yet again everybody is rushing in to defend precious Orton. People will always defend Orton for reasons unknown to me (the man is boring as shit)

As for Kennedy being back in WWE and them having a feud... not gonna happen. Even if Kennedy did eventually get back into WWE, Orton would probably refuse to work with him. Bitching about him being unsafe and shit like that.

Well, peep4life...

Since you're obviously too dense to read the post before your own (by yours truly) and I can't hand you more red rep for now, I'll do you the favor of answering your post, too (even though I really hate repeating myself).

did you see the match EDGE DIDNT INJURE ORTON

No one has stated that he did. The OP asked a rhetorical question. An argumentative technique that obviously is too much for you to handle. I suggest you actually read and comprehend the OP before you lay into it. It makes you look less like an inbred moron.

i watched live and i thought ORTON injured it pounding the mat but i watched it again and ORTON INJURED IT DURING A NECK SNAP ON EDGE WHEN HE WAS FIGHTING BACK

A neck snap, eh? Yeah, of course he didn't dislocate/separate his shoulder when he was pounding the mat like a redheaded stepchild. YOU have the scoop on it. The rest of us are either blind or delusional.

and when he WAS POUNDING THE MAT HE HURT IT MORE

Yeah, no. He hurt it when he pounded the mat. That's why he stopped pounding the mat. What happened before that is known as selling. It's when a wrestler fakes an injury and makes it look as if he's hurt, while he's really not. I understand this comes as a revelation to you, but wrestlers usually do this in the match to make it seem more believable. You see, wrestling isn't an actual competition, it's scripted.

Sorry to burst your bubble, sport. <ruffle hair> I'm sure you'll manage.

and as for ANDERSON................ANDERSON he needs to get OVER IT

Wait, you mark out over his repeat-the-name gimmick and bash him in the same sentence? Schizo much?

when i found out he got fired it was one of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE

Aspberger's syndrome/sociopathy, delusions of grandeur, and extreme self-affluence, added with schizophrenia... you're just racking it up, huh?

because i watched that match and ive watched it several times on youtube and ANDERSON was reckless in the ring so i dont blame ORTON

. , : ; <-- use these, please.

And if you've watched that match several times, you'd obviously see what everyone else sees: that Ken had to pull Orton into the move because Orton over-jumped and would have come crashing down on his neck if Ken hadn't adjusted. Ken wasn't reckless in the ring, nor was Orton. It was a near-accident that never happened.

i would of talk to VINNE MAC to

And YOU, since you're an insignificant nobody with a set of balls only found with pincers and a microscope, would be fired on the spot. Sooo... good luck with that.

and the only reason he talked to VINNE MAC is because in the back he talked ANDERSON and he could of cared less and for the wrestlers life outside thE RING they have to act like ROLE MODELS because they're supposed to represent the company in a good matter just like when you were in school when went to sporting events you were supposed to represent your school well and thats what wrestlers are supposed to do and RANDY'S sexaul harrasment cases none of them have ever been proven to be true so that makes him innocent because YOUR INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTLY and ORTON WAS NEVER PROVEN GUILTY

What the FUCK are you talking about?

I'm going to TRY to decipher what the hell you are on about here...

Who could HAVE cared less? For the wretlers' life outside the ring? Yeah, I think Vince cares about how his wrestlers conduct themselves outside the ring...?

Because in the back he talked ANDERSON? Is he a language now?

You know, I very much doubt you ever went to school. You've either been home-schooled in some inbred trailer by your big sister (who also happens to be your mother, aunt and cousin) or you just didn't get any education, period.

My innocent has nothing to do with this. Whatever that is.

Randy Orton's innocence or guilt in whatever charges have been brought upon him are, however, irrelevant. They were brought up by the OP as a rhetorical example of the inherent weirdness in supporting a true asshole in Randy Orton, as opposed to an on-screen persona of an asshole in Ken Anderson.

But you'd be too dense to get that, I guess.

Advice: Don't be sincere. Because all the wrestling nerds will rip into you for it. Only few of them seem to have common sense.

Sadly, this is the truth. The mentality of wrestling geeks these days is shocking. I've been a fan since I was 7-8 years old & I'm now 26 & I still love it. But unfortunately, there are still the dungeons & dragons style wrestling fans who sit in the bedrooms at their computers, scratching around on every wrestling website & dirt-sheet, looking for a quote they can pass off as their own, talking about how shit certain wrestlers are because they can't work, despite them sitting out every P.E lesson of their school lives & being roughly 6 stone over weight, & not an ounce of it muscle, hence why their R.K.O T-Shirt is a double XL & is still tight on them! All the while, furiously *********ing over Kelly Kelly pictures & generally having no contact with the real world, thus, not seeing that when people shit on other people, that it's actually nice to see that person get it back.
They don't realise that just because they like 1 guy more than the other, it doesn't stop him being a prick, regardless of how much they mark out for him. For fuck's sake, Chris Benoit killed his wife & son, yet they believe that his abilities as a wrestler are more important than this & so he should be shown in a good light. I don't give a fuck who doesn't like this, but after doing what he did, I'm glad he fucking killed himself, because if anyone else in the world did something like this, (regardless of how good a wrestler, footballer, butcher, baker or candlestick-maker) they were, I would wish death upon them too.
Don't start on how it was his mental state that caused it, because it's the mental state of every killer in history that caused them to do it, by defending him, you're defending Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Peter Sutcliffe, The Moors Murderers, the lot. Just because you love someone, doesn't make them right, Hitler was adored by his followers & you know what? He was a dick!
Right, I realise that was a bit of a tangent, but I'm not even arsed! The fact is, morals in wrestling, be it those of the fans or the performers, are as fucked up as they get. There's always gonna be top guys holding back lower guys so they can keep their spot & keep making money, there's always gonna be supremely talented guys stuck in the indies because they're so disillusioned with what they've seen in the big leagues & there's always gonna be backstabbing & bitching. That's why, when I watch it, I base who I like on their in ring performances & entertainment value & nothing else, because I don't know these people, I've never met these people & I don't give a fuck who they like or dislike in the industry because I don't fucking know them either! Stop pretending like you're a big part of who these people are, because chances are, if they ever met you, they probably wouldn't like you either, because I know I don't!

To me, I didn't really like it due to the sense of sarcasm behind the comments, because of Orton being a part of the reason Mr. Anderson got fired from WWE, due to his inability to be completely safe in the ring, almost injuring Randy Orton in his return match as far as I understand it.

My question is, how many of you wrestling fans out there have morals? What I mean is, where do you draw the line on rooting for a guy who is a not so good person outside the ring?

I remain a wrestling fan, I don't judge what people do outside the ring, nobody really should, we should be allowed to enjoy the show as fans, boo and / or cheer the guys who are good and bad guys on the show, while still being allowed to boo and cheer the guys we just don't like, it's all a part of being a fan if you ask me.

I didn't know much about it, but I've heard a lot of people are mad that WWE doesn't mention Chris Benoit? How could you?

Chris Benoit was a talent that gave his life to WWE, to WCW, and to any other promotion, one of the greatest technical in-ring competitors to ever step inside the squared circle, he was beloved by a vast majority of the fans for his contribution to the show, something that WWE should be honoring him for, and everybody really should, what Benoit did outside of the ring, has absolutely no affect, and shouldn't have any affects to his wrestling career, with the exception of the tolls that his career took on his body and his mind.

Benoit has done everything in his power to make a name for himself, he succeeded, and should be honored for that, I personally think it's bullshit that we cannot honor a guy who gives over 20 years of his life for a business, because of something he did outside of the business.

I somewhat agree, I've never been one to stand up for Benoit when it comes to the murder case, but I will stand up for him when the discussion comes whether he should be honored due to the things he did for the business, which I feel is a clear yes, even despite the things he did outside of the ring.

Mr Anderson was injury prone, and while he was entertaining to say the least, I never felt that he really could make it big, he was given every single opportunity to make it into the main event, feuding with pretty much anybody in the main event scene to some extent (or well to be feuding with a firm amount of big names, is still a feat) but failed to really make it in there as well.

Triple H isn't a liability to leave behind to work with opponents, he's more injury prone in my mind than he is to actually injure someone, Randy Orton from as far as I know is by far not the only one to have stepped forth and complained about the risk of working with Mr Anderson, Triple H's accident with Randy Orton was a spot going horribly wrong, on the other side, as far as I could see it, Mr Anderson's situation was a move going horribly wrong, Randy landed wrong in the match with Triple H, Mr Anderson performed the move wrong on Randy.

I don't feel that anybody saw Mr Anderson as a threat, people were working on getting people over in the business, it's the thing to do, getting talent over to continue the wrestling business, there was no considering of Mr Anderson being anywhere near a threat, as opposed to the fact that the only thing he may have been a threat to, is the fact that he could've horribly injured someone like Randy Orton in that match, ultimately ending Randy's career, who, no matter how you twist and turn it, is, and always will be, a bigger star than Mr Anderson.

I think the reason why people is having a problem with Drew McIntyre on the other hand, is the fact that he hasn't done much to pay for his dues to the WWE part of the business, making a debut on Smackdown, only to be there a few months, and achieve an Intercontinental championships, it's not because anybody is threatened by his presence in the business, cause no matter how you twist and turn it, he's a future star, something that WWE is high on making more of currently, but just like Sheamus, he hasn't paid his dues just yet.

Randy has indeed struggled with anger problems, but to say the least Kofi Kingston did indeed botch the spot by the looks of it, and Anderson botched a move by the looks of it, Randy is in his position to be a little angry to say the least, I would be pissed as well if someone is messing up in my match, to say the least in Anderson's position, pissed that he was putting a risk on Randy's career.

As far as I see it, Edge didn't injure Randy, something during the match may very well have provoked the outcome of the injury, but I don't believe it was anything on the side of Edge's movements in the ring, as you see from the match Randy's injury happened when he started slapping the mat, which could very well have caused it.

Either way, Edge won't get fired, he's one of the prime talent and draws of WWE, one of, if not THE top heel on the show, and has paid his dues for a long time in WWE, over 10 years period, one of the most decorated talents in WWE history (when it comes to being decorated in WWE belts to say the least)

Randy wasn't the problem, as I stated, Randy wasn't the only one to get Mr Anderson fired, I made a thread about this a while ago which had a lot of people saying the exact same thing, I asked whether Randy could become a guy to dominate the locker room and make decisions like Triple H did when he held down talent, the most of the thread disagreed with me, that Randy would not go to that level, I suggest you check it out.

I'm not a specific Edge head, but I will say that I consider Edge to be more dangerous for his own body, than anybody else in the ring, Edge is a risk taker, but he plays a risk with his own body, taking insane dives etc. which broke his neck, while I believe this is the first time Edge has been in a match where his opponent was injured (I could be wrong? I'm not too sure)

Neither, as long as a match has two people who are able to perform a match without major botches without something going horribly wrong that wasn't supposed to happen (like a bad landing outside of the ring) neither of them should be considered the most injury prone.

Due to the past history of Randy Orton and Mr Anderson being injured, there is of course always a presented possibility of getting injured, or reinjured in the same region, it's something we cannot deny in any case, and that doesn't make either one of them injury prone in the manner that just because they perform a match, they're more open to become injured, with the exception of Mr Anderson having suffered more injuries than Randy Orton, having to spend the most of his past years of his career injured and out of action.

You know, I was actually liking the op's post until he just started getting all his facts from wikipedia. No, Randy Orton never spit gum in a kid's face. There were multiple witnesses who just said that lady was nuts and didn't even HAVE a grandchild. No, he never raped 2 women. Where the hell did you even get that fact? The women who accused him said he was a bully, not a rapist. And they both were eventually fired. You know why Orton catches all this shit? Because he's a really easy target. People probably think it's easy money to accuse a guy like "the Viper" Randy Orton of doing some bad stuff, because on the surface of his character, he appears to be an absolute lunatic. Last year's build up to Wrestlemania is about as proof-positive as it gets. And on top of that, Orton is just an intense dude. What other wrestler in the history of this business do you know that can literally tell an entire story without even opening his mouth? Even in real life he's a little unsettling to watch. I got nervous just listening to him talk about fucking red wine. About the only real bad thing we can legitimately peg on him is his dishonorable discharge from the military. Big woopdidoo. So he got kicked out of the marines and ended up really rich and successful. Go figure. At least he isn't playing a marine in a movie when he's never actually served his country, like some wrestlers I know.

Orton does have a temper. But if Orton did really feel that Anderson was reckless and didn't want to work with him I dont really blame him. From what I understand Orton is pretty well liked and respected in the wwe locker room.

As far as the karma comments obviously Mr. Anderson is still bitter at Orton and bitter about not being in the WWE.

Orton does have a temper. But if Orton did really feel that Anderson was reckless and didn't want to work with him I dont really blame him. From what I understand Orton is pretty well liked and respected in the wwe locker room.

As far as the karma comments obviously Mr. Anderson is still bitter at Orton and bitter about not being in the WWE.

And you are obviously obtuse, obese and obnoxious.

See, I too can make weird leaps of conclusion from minimal information available on-line.

I don't think he's bitter at all. I think he feels Orton got what was coming to him karma-wise, but I doubt he threw a champagne party just to celebrate it. The overall bitterness of the general IWC population makes this thread reek, however.

There's a fine line between the characters we see on TV in WWE and TNA and the ones that use social networking sites or when we go to meet them or if people are lucky enough to bump into them. We hear how much of a jerk Batista is, even when he was a face, yet we watch Jericho constantly abuse us fans (However I'm still a fan of his nonetheless, and a fan of his character as a whole) yet he likes to use Twitter himself and from what I see posted on Wrestlezone he's a positive guy. But Anderson is just disrespectful and bitter over something that went down a year ago, being injured unfortunately comes with the territory in wrestling, Anderson knows that, Edge knows that, HBK, Taker, Hunter etc., its a huge shame and for however long, hopefully its not that serious, it'll hurt the show since Orton is a top draw for Raw but there's no need for cheering when you hear he got injured. Say if Cena got injured, I'm not a fan of his but I certainly wouldn't applaud it, not a fan of Kozlov at all and don't see why he's still there but again if he got injured it would suck because no one deserves it, not the nicest guy who gets a ton of hate or the worst guy who isn't a great wrestler. Saying that I was a fan when he was Mr. Kennedy back in WWE, don't watch TNA but got nothing against him as a character and a wrestler as a whole but he's an ass for going on like that.

Was a douche thing for Anderson to say but, if I was him, I'd have said it as well. Mind you, I'm not in the public eye or seen in high standing by the general public, so I can get away with saying and doing strange things.
Wrestling fan morality is, to me, no different to football fan morality. Over here John Terry was the England Captain and had an affair with one of his best friends wives and paid for her to have an abortion, all the while selling his image as a clean cut family man with a wife and two kids. You've got the majority of the country insulting him because of his moral stance but then you've got the Chelsea fans defending him because he's their club captain. It's all a bit loose and fancy free so I stick to just arguing my point of view with people while understanding they probably differ in opinion with myself (and trying hard not to get into low rent name calling, like I've seen in this thread) as that's, to the simple point, pathetic.
With Anderson saying in public it was Orton's fault he got fired I have issues though, and those are mainly because of Anderson himself. Since the whole drug thing in 2007 and his consistent lying about his involvement in it (even today he still makes strange excuses for it) I've come to mis-trust anything he says in public. And to blame Orton while, at the same time, saying Bob Holly is full of crap for saying Anderson had a hand in getting him fired, reeks of, I'll use the word hmmmmmmmmmm.

I've also got to comment on the absurd statement by trendkiller that Ken Anderson is a better worker then The Rock or Stonecold Steve Austin. Anderson is an alright worker, nothing more nothing less. He doesn't get the crowd that involved in his matches (they quite often are dead quiet) unless he's in there with a skilled worker so, I think I'll have to disagree with you're opinion there (while understanding you're entitled to it and not insulting you quite personally either. I'd say that's more "the voice of reason")

Agreed. I don't care if there is legit heat between them or not, laughing at a real injury is a douchebag move. It just makes him look petty. Karma may be a M'Fer, but also doesn't take too kindly to gloating. If Ken Anderson was that concerned with karma, he would have been better off keeping quiet...now karma is going to be focused back on him.

I'm replying to the OP, cause it's his post lol...

Anyway, morals from wrestling fans are there, but it doesn't mean we can't also respect their natural talents. Terrel Owens is one of the most conceited players in NFL history, and is a ball hog, but the guy is still good. In boxing, Mike Tyson bit another guy's ear off but still one the best. In the NBA, Kobe has a problem looking for the rule booking but in the end is still a good Guard.

The same thing applies in wrestling. Sure, Benoit doing what he did in reality was wrong morally, but the stuff he did in the ring was so amazing that you just have to stand up and applaud. I can tell you right now that Benoit isn't the first wrestler to beat or even kill his wife... Stone Cold beat the shit out of Debra, and he's now in the HoF (yeah, the people refuse to recognize that). Ric Flair beats all of his wives or cheats on them, but in the ring he is god (that's a fact whether you believe it or not).

Hell, even WWE's Mania golden boy, HBK has horrible history morals. But the fact that he does stuff in the ring that you just are amazed at is something else.

Plus with Anderson saying what he did was wrong to us, but then again we don't know how much those two hate each other right now. All I know is that Orton cost Anderson his WWE career, so in a way he crippled Anderson.

Anyway, I'm just saying that it's perfectly fine to hate someone morally but respect them for their abilities... it's not corrupting morals if you do, it's just admitting the truth.

And if you have morals, then you shouldn't be prevented from stating the truth anyway.

OP, you sound a bit like an Anderson mark IMO. You mock Orton's moveset but to me, Anderson's never been spectacular in the ring, and can't tell a story in the ring unless he has a vet like Kurt Angle to hold his hand. It seems you are blaming Orton for his firing in the WWE, but you're leaving out a few factors.

First, the reports when they originally came out said that Orton had a talk with Anderson about safety after the match in question. I don't know if there was ever an official source saying that Orton went to VKM to get him fired on purpose, and to my knowledge, Anderson was the one who made that claim after his release, (I could be wrong though.)

Second, I watched that match live in LA. Not only did that bump look awkward on Orton, but during the same match, Anderson hurt his arm and held it as he walked into the back. People in the crowd were somewhat joking that he got hurt again on his first match back. If you were Orton, wouldn't you want to let someone know that he almost hurt you? After all, it is your life on the line out there, and the slightest mistake by your opponent can end that. I don't blame him at all.

Third, Anderson got two giant pushes in WWE that were both ruined. The first one was MITB which was due to injury and couldn't be helped. The second was the VKM's son storyline that HE messed up because of failing a wellness test... and most have forgotten the next detail... WHILE HE WAS DOING MEDIA DAMAGE CONTROL GOING PUBLIC SAYING THE WWE WRESTLERS WERE CLEAN. It left a ton of egg on the WWE's faces, and I don't know about you, but as a company, I wouldn't put as much faith into a guy after an event like this.

Lastly, I have no problem seperating real life from the show. The majority of the incidents against Orton have either been disproven, or he's paid for them long ago, (remember, he allegedly lost his push to Batista because of backstage issues.) I was angry at Anderson's Twitter remarks because he was gloating about another performer in the same industry he works for, knowing full well how easy it is to get hurt. It has no bearing about how I feel about him as a performer, and I don't know him personally so I won't formulate an opinion on that aspect either, but it was in poor taste to publicly broadcast what looks like contentment with another man's injury.

Anderson took food out of his own mouth by failing a drug test, continuously making excuses for it, and by being injury prone amongst his own peers. It seems he wants his fans to forget all about his history in WWE and narrow it down to the Orton incident, but he had problems with performers before that and the Orton match was the last straw in a string of issues with the man. To me it looks like since he's been fired, he's tried to paint himself as perfect in the ring and blames everyone else for the wrong that's happened to him. No wrestler is perfect no matter how long they've been in the business, but every Anderson blog I've read mentions how every injury wasn't his fault. Even if the injuries weren't his fault, it takes two to put on a match and so many miscommunications can't have nothing to do with him every time.

Whatever, if he puts on a great show, that won't stop me from standing on my feet and applauding the man. But no matter how much you like him, remember that it wasn't Orton that got him fired, it was him.

This is so very, very true. I don't get a certain person's immediate disrespect in the earlier posted replies.

To the subject, in a way I can see where you're coming from. Personally, outside events do have the power to taint perceptions of people whether or not their "character" in wrestling reflects that. I don't think it wise for "Mr. Anderson" to have said what he did but it's obvious he's still bitter about what happened. It makes me curious because if he was very happy with all aspects of his being in TNA, what happens w/Randy shouldn't even matter because something better had come as a result of it. Imo.

Well, Anderson is entitled to his opinion of Randy Orton. I don't know precisely how much influence Orton had or didn't have in Anderson being released by the WWE. I don't think that anyone does really aside from the backstage gossip. I'm not at all surprised that Anderson is still holding something of a grudge against Orton.

However, I do think that his comments sounded classless and tasteless. Whether Anderson was in character when he posted them, they're how he really feels or are some combination of both is anyone's guess. I personally hate to hear about anyone getting injured. I know it goes with the territory and it going to happen, but I personally see it as low class to legitimately gloat or celebrate it.

Anderson kept it real. If I was Anderson I'd be all like fuck Orton too if the bitch that got me fired because of his phantom injury just legitimately injured himself in the same general area. There is absolutely no reason why he should have to like or respect Orton, it's clear the feeling the more than mutual. You don't always get along with your co-workers but only in the wrestling business can you find a creative way to actually get your hands on someone and let them know just how you feel. Perhaps that's why Anderson was fired in the first place, he did something he knew Orton wasn't going to like or perhaps to put Orton in check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back