Results are only viewable after voting.

Fuel The Fire

Getting Noticed By Management
The Miz
TheMiz-5.png

Vs.
Mr Anderson
ken-anderson.jpg

With the Recent trend of people comparing careers from w.c.w to wwe this started to make me think about Mr Kennedy/Anderson, but I thought it would be too soon to to compare him with wwe to tna. So I thought about when he left the wwe, if you could pick someone that took his spot in the WWE I honestly have to throw my vote in for The Miz.

Now that brings me to my main topic of lets compare The Miz to Mr Anderson. Some people may think its stupid to compare these two put how can't you?

Miz is at where Mr Kennedy left off in the WWE "minus the injuries and pissing off orton". So Kennedy is in main event status of TNA and if the miz was in TNA I think he would be in the same exact spot as Mr Anderson.

Both guys can draw amazing heat from the crowd and have good mic skills. If I remember correctly their finishers are also familiar.

Their quotes are even a little similar. We Have Mrrrr Anderson...Anderson. WIth the miz we have Really...Really. "lol" all kidding aside both their quotes are really over with the crowd with the Mr Anderson and IM the Miz and I am awesome. But these guys are both at the top of their game with their mic skills.

I also believe that these guys are both equally good in the ring but if I had to choose one I would have to pick Miz because of Anderon's track record from the wwe.

They also both won money in the bank to add that on top of it all.

So the question is..who is the better wrestler/entertainer . This in my opionion is very close but like I said above my vote is for The Miz because of Kennedy's track record in the wwe.

For me it's Anderson and it's not even close.

I think Miz will do very well in WWE, and a lot of people seem to like him. He will have a great career and lots of fans. Me though, I just don't like him. His mic style irritates me. I think he relies too much on cheap heat - I've mentioned once before how he would often rely on insulting the sports teams of whatever city they were in to get boos. I actually liked him better before when he was a 'joke' - he was way more unique with the attire he had, and the theme he had, and the way that he got heat from everybody. I think he lost some of that uniqueness, and has in turn also lost my interest.

I find him kind of average now.

Anderson I have always been a huge mark for. I just find him funny and I always love his promos. Probably my favorite thing about him is that even if he had no gimmick whatsoever he still wouldn't be bland, because of his mic style.

It's probably just me. But when I think of Anderson, I think 'entertaining'. And when I think of Miz, I think 'solid' - aka 'doesn't screw up, but doesn't stand out'.

But yes I also found it freakishly coincidental that their finishers are very similar and that Miz is now holding MITB... among other similarities. lol

I find this hard to answer in some points, they are both very much the smae in what they have done.You have Miz who started on Smackdown and was bassically shit, he had the most stupid promo's in my view, he then tag with Morrison and won the tag titles and held themfor months and I think that they didn't even get pinned to lose them.I can't really think of anything that Miz did in late 2008 at the moment so shows what he did then.But after all that he had a test fued with Cena and I think it was pretty cool.He cut promo's on Cena and called him out when he was hurt and then you have the Miz 5- John Cena 0.It was cool and gave Miz a Main Event appearance.But I don't think things turned around for the Miz until his first title reign with the United States Championship.It gave him a confidence and his mic skills improved and so did his ring work by heaps.He can wrestle and I think that the title helped him and gave him something to reach for.After a tag title run and now he is Mr Money In The Bank just like Kenndy the sky is the limit for this kid.As long as his ring skills keep getting better and he works hard he will be able to do what Kenndy failed, break into the Main Event in the WWE.

The you have Kenndy, he came in and was said to be the future of Smackdown.He beat The Undertaker in a first blood match and went head on with him in a Last Ride match.Kenndy had beaten something like 7 World Champions before facing Batista at the Rumble and came very close to winning the gold that night.He won Money in the Bank, but with injury he lost everything, he really lost what he had before.Plus he did something that even Shawn Michaels knows is death.....crossed the Viper!You piss off Randy and your out and that is what happened wih Kenndy.So from what I have said here I think Miz is better because he has been able nearly reach the top of the mountian and has that chance with his MITB contract, he has been kicked out of the lockerroom but still stayed and became better I the ring and with promo's.he may not of had the start like Kenndy but I think he will finish better than him.

Miz, no question. I think he has come a long way since being that heel that nobody cared about in the WWE. Now he is that heel that is a viable threat to any title in the WWE. We have been able to see him week after week on WWE programming. He is able to draw a great heel reaction, and he is seen by millions of people in the WWE. As opposed to Kennedy, who is very stiff in the ring, and only gets seen by about a million people each week in TNA.

There's no debate here, it's The Miz. Hands down.

I'm going with the Miz on this one based on Kennedy's stiff ring work while you never any complaints of the Miz's and the fact that Kennedy has been injury proned for most of his career. One of the main reason's why Miz is hold the MITB is b/c he can be counted on at anytime Vince needs him unlike Kennedy who had to sit out with injury after injury. While I think Kennedy has a slight edge over the Miz on promo skills, overall I feel the Miz is better than Kennedy in ring work and star possibilty.

Anderson ... Anderson and I agree it is not even close. If find it amusing how people choosing the miz are just bashing anderson, not supporting miz. Anderson have a perceived shortcoming does not make miz any better. Anderson works stiff? That is news to me and I am not sure how that would make him less entertaining anyway. Kurt Angle works pretty damn stiff and broke his neck a few times. I guess that means he is not good or is that a stupid cop out argument that does not hold up? They both are decent workers who draw most of their perceived value from mic work. Miz is quite good at being a douche but he lacks creativity. There is something to be said for playing a role really well but it is never as entertaining as originality. The repetitive nature of the miz adds to his annoyance factor but gets dull at some point. What Anderson has been doing on the mic requires a lot more skill than what miz does. It is also continuously fresh.

I would say they're tied in the mic-work and charisma category, but when it comes to in-ring ability... I would have to go with Mr. Anderson.

I know Anderson has had a problem with injuring himself, and he's injured a couple of other wrestlers as well, BUT, regardless of that, he is capable of putting on a GREAT match. His matches with Matt Hardy on Smackdown a couple of years ago were absolutely superb. And of course this year he's had that fantastic feud with Kurt Angle, including a Match of the Year candidate against him at Lockdown.

The fact of the matter is, The Miz hasn't had one really good match in his entire career. Not a single one. Sure, he's improved in the ring and what not, but he has not shown us whether or not he's capable of putting on main event caliber matches, whereas Mr. Anderson has shown us plenty of times how good he can be in that ring. So, because of that and that alone, I have to go with Mr. Anderson. If The Miz can ever get to the point where he's able to put on **** and above matches without gimmicks or against more than one opponent, that's when I'll give him edge over Anderson. But until then... Mr. Anderson all the way.

I'll go with Anderson too, GREAT mic skills, GREAT ring skills. and he really knows how to work the crowd!

Miz is a good wrestler, I'll give him that, but his promos are average at best. and his stupid catch phrase makes me want to puncture my eardrums with a jagged spork.

plus if you compare matches, Anderson has him beat hands down. sure the WWE fanboys always bring up how he injured Orton, piss on Orton, he's a whiny bitch most of the time, you can thank VKM for that.

now lets compare characters, Anderson is a self-admitted asshole, but even though he is, even as a heel, he would back up everything he said and wouldnt really back down. Miz still plays the classic cowardly heel role, runs as soon as he knows he's outmatched, and blames everyone else for his shortcomings.

The Miz takes the cake for me, I just find Miz awesome. I even see load of comparisons with me and him, same hair cut, same personality, the over usage of the word awesome, etc.

But Miz in my opinion is just a better work horse, and he does nothing bt improve. He seems to be an ideal worker, with to steroids or pot or shroom addiction. He's also not as injury prone as Anderson. I also can see a much brighter future for The Miz.

I voted solely on who has been on a roll lately. Both of 'em have nice mic-skills and are certainly charismatic. Ring work? Anderson. But The Miz has progressed so much lately in just a little more than a year, it's really astounding. But Anderson... Anderson (I drifted off, not repeated his name like he does), other than feuding with Angle, hasn't made much of an impact (no redundant pun intended). He's just...there. You know? Just there.

That's just how I feel. Make this poll a year from now and ask again. There might be a different answer.

Ken Anderson by a mile. Ken Anderson has had matches worth remembering, his feud with the Undertaker, his matches against Matt Hardy, his recent feud with Angle. I can't name one outstanding match the Miz has had. On top of that Anderson's promos are just better, whether it's The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, The Pope, William Regal, Anderson's promos are incredibly memorable.

The Miz cuts good promo's no doubt, but he suffers from the same thing that modern day Chris Jericho suffers from, it's far too repetitive. "I'm Awesome" you can only say that so many ways before it gets boring. And the part that makes Anderson stand out is that Anderson's character seems like a natural extension of himself. Miz seems like he's playing a part. It's little things like that, that bug me. As for the claims that Anderson is "injury prone" he's been in TNA 6 months now, wrestling house shows and iMPACT tapings each week, no injuries, seems fine to me. Anderson wins.

I agree that Anderson is the choice here. Though I'm waiting on Miz to get his time. I really think he's going to be able to surpass Anderson in the near future. His promo's are great. I agree that they are getting repetitive. As many in WWE. That's what Anderson has on him right now in the that area. Anderson has had many great matches with big name stars. Where Miz hasn't had that opportunity outside of his mini feud with Cena. In time however, I believe we will see Miz become one of the bigger stars in WWE.

To me it's The Miz and, I'd say it's not even close.
Anderson got over by his entrance, the heat soon died between the ropes because he's only a basic performer that can be carried to a good match. Miz is only a basic performer but, out of the two, he's clearly making improvement to his ring and I think he'll continue to improve.
As for charisma, The Miz might repeat the "I'm Awesome" phrase but his mike work is stellar. In the ring against Bret Hart and in his mini-feud with Cena, he was golden, and that was against 2 guys who are good on the stick. Anderson's "I'm an asshole" schtick doesn't fly with me. I just don't see the marketing potential in I'm an asshole" t-shirts. He's good on the mike, no doubt, but if it was a feud against Jeff Hardy, I'm pretty sure I could kick his ass in a promo too.

Also, if we're being honest here, which character has developed more? I'd say Miz going from Tough Enough contestant/former reality star, to Smack Down host, to wrestler, then the change from ECW Miz to Raw Miz, it's been quite the change, to the position that he's now a world title contender. Anderson comes out, does his (entertaining) entrance stuff then...not much has changed since he debuted. Even down to the look, it's all the same.

As for charisma, The Miz might repeat the "I'm Awesome" phrase but his mike work is stellar. In the ring against Bret Hart and in his mini-feud with Cena, he was golden, and that was against 2 guys who are good on the stick.
Umm, Bret Hart is terrible on the mic. Bret Hart got over on his ring work, his speaking skills are borderline non-existent.

Anderson's "I'm an asshole" schtick doesn't fly with me. I just don't see the marketing potential in I'm an asshole" t-shirts. He's good on the mike, no doubt, but if it was a feud against Jeff Hardy, I'm pretty sure I could kick his ass in a promo too.
See, this is the sort of bias that causes arguments. Anderson went up against Kurt Angle and cut excellent promos. He did the same with The Pope. Those are two of the best talkers in wrestling today and Anderson shone. The only person in the WWE with Angle's level of mic. skill is Jericho and Miz hasn't gone up against Jericho in a promo yet.

Also, if we're being honest here, which character has developed more? I'd say Miz going from Tough Enough contestant/former reality star, to Smack Down host, to wrestler, then the change from ECW Miz to Raw Miz, it's been quite the change, to the position that he's now a world title contender. Anderson comes out, does his (entertaining) entrance stuff then...not much has changed since he debuted. Even down to the look, it's all the same.
I'm confused by your point here, the fact that Anderson is a main eventer and he was able to get over on his first try leans toward him being better. Miz has had to reinvent himself multiple times to get attention, that doesn't really seem like a positive thing. Obviously this is a disagreement of opinion but I just can't work out what your argument here actually is, how does constantly changing his gimmick make the Miz good?

Love all the "and it's not even close" nonsense coming from WWE marks with an axe to grind – e.g. have little actual support for Miz, but a truckload of hate for Anderson because their boy doesn't like him (Orton). :rolleyes:

It's Anderson, for one reason and for one reason alone: Anderson is original.

Miz is an obvious knock-off of the Anderson-type.

Anderson is more than two catch phrases (unlike the Miz) – he's incredibly witty, funny and clever, and that all shines in his promo work. That's not to say The Miz the man isn't as well, but the Miz the character is not – blame that on PG, McMahon or whatever you want, but he's little more than two very aggravating and grating catch phrases.

Anderson has natural talent. The Miz is popular by default (what competition does he have?), and if not for his obviously company-backed push "rise to stardom", we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Oh, and if Anderson's "asshole" gimmick isn't sellable, how the fuck was anything for Austin ever sellable? ;)

I think I'm going to have to go with The Miz on this one. The Miz is someone that's really progressed, especially over the past 8 or 9 months. I think that he's proven a lot of his doubters and outright haters wrong. He's good on the mic, he's good inside the ring, the guy works hard, he's spent most of the time since October of last year as United States Champion, he's been half of the tag champs at the same time and has made a legitimate and genuine impact in the WWE.

As far as Anderson goes, I really can't think of one memorable thing he's done in TNA unless you count "I'm an asshole!!" and that's already run its course with me. Aside from his feud with Kurt Angle, I don't think he's been booked as or seen as a significant force in TNA. Sure, he's been put into matches with big stars in TNA but he always loses. But, I guess he's still considered the best thing going in TNA. After all, he uses a swear word in his promos:p. As long as he keeps doing that, he'll be hailed as a god and the TNA Cast Members will clap and cheer like trained monkeys. Not to say that Anderson isn't good in the ring or on the mic, don't get me wrong on that, but the guy is definitely a little overrated. To hear some fans, you'd think every match he's in has been a game changing classic and every promo sets the world on fire. Anderson is good, but he's not that good.

I'm going with The Miz. Personally, I think that Ken Anderson is a tad overrated and the only memorable things he's done in TNA have been his feud with Kurt Angle, which has been over for many months, and using the word asshole about a dozen times in each promo he does.

The Miz is someone that has progressed a helluva lot over the course of the past 8 or 9 months and, quite frankly, I think anyone that attempts to say otherwise is full of shit. He did well as one half of the tag champs, spent most of the same span of time as the United States Champion, held the tag and U.S. titles simultaneously, won MITB and that means he's all but a guaranteed future WWE Champion at this point. He's fun to listen to on the mic and he's entertaining to watch in the ring. I'm not saying that he's magnificent inside the ring, but he's definitely above average at the least.

Anderson is someone that, as I said earlier, hasn't done much in TNA to make an impact. Since his feud with Kurt Angle ended, he's been lukewarm inside the ring. He's also pretty good in the ring, but he's not nearly a good as some have tried to make him out to be. I can't remember the last time he actually won a match. His promos are good, there's no denying that, but they're also somewhat overrated. But, I guess as long as he says asshole, then he'll get a pop from the crowd. It's amazing how easily some people are entertained. Call yourself an asshole on the mic and you're hailed as a god. I think that some TNA Cast Members are still pissed and have an axe to grind against the WWE for firing Anderson.

The Miz has had quite a year and is all but guaranteed to be a future main eventer and rightly so. Anderson has his asshole catchphrase at this point and not really much of anything else going for him at this time.

The Miz. I never really liked Mr. Kennedy/Anderson. Where The Miz teeters on maxing out my threshold for annoying wrestlers...he does a very good job of staying right there and not crossing the line. His jokes and attitude help keep him there.

Mr. Kennedy/Anderson on the other hand just comes across as an annoying jerk. Screaming "I'm Awesome!" isn't as annoying because it's funny and ridiculous. Screaming "I'm Mr. Kennedy/Anderson" into a microphone and then repeating it for whatever reason is only annoying. It's not really all that funny.

I will say this. I like the aspect of having Mr. Kennedy/Anderson in TNA because he's one of those bad guys that I really don't like. In my old age, I've leaned towards rooting for the bad guys I've noticed. This probably was started with the whole NWO angle. They literally made the good guys look like a bunch of *****es to the point where good guys had to literally change their image forever. Anyway, Mr. Kennedy/Anderson is one of those bad guys that I can barely even root for. Which is good. Because I forgot what it was like to root against the bad guys lol.

Love all the "and it's not even close" nonsense coming from WWE marks with an axe to grind – e.g. have little actual support for Miz, but a truckload of hate for Anderson because their boy doesn't like him (Orton). :rolleyes:

I've backed Miz for a few years. Even got myself printed ages ago saying if they got behind him he has that innate ability to get under your skin like Piper did in the 80s. As for Orton, don't see the big fuss with him, never have and never will.

Anderson's entrance was just an update of the New Age Outlaws. Nothing in wrestling is original.

Anderson is more than two catch phrases (unlike the Miz) – he's incredibly witty, funny and clever, and that all shines in his promo work. That's not to say The Miz the man isn't as well, but the Miz the character is not – blame that on PG, McMahon or whatever you want, but he's little more than two very aggravating and grating catch phrases.

That's your point of view. I lean to the side that Anderson's whole "I'm an asshole" thing is stupid, but that's different opinions. If you were to just base them on when Anderson was in WWE, then I'd have to say Miz's promo work is better (even though Anderson had more adult stuff he could deal with)

Anderson has natural talent. The Miz is popular by default (what competition does he have?), and if not for his obviously company-backed push[/i] "rise to stardom", we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

You could say the same about Anderson. He broke into WWE when, let's face it, there was hardly any interesting mid-card guys. The only two that really shone were him and MVP. And I'd say Miz's ability to wind people up is something that can't be taught, it's just his nature. Like Ricky Steamboat could never be a heel, the Miz is just someone that has to stay a bad guy, he'd die horribly as a face (same goes for Anderson, he's so much better suited to a heel role.)

Oh, and if Anderson's "asshole" gimmick isn't sellable, how the fuck was anything for Austin ever sellable? ;)

Can you really see people walking around with T-Shirts saying "I'm an asshole"? It's just questionable marketing, better then Suicide, but still stupid. That'd be like Wolfe calling his fans Wolfe's wankers, they'd never market that (although it is funny to hear American kids shouting wanker while not knowing what it means)

I think Anderson has charisma and the basics down (in that he can have a good match with the right opponent) but, to me, nothing's really changed since he first arrived in WWE. Neither is a great wrestler but at least The Miz is making clear effort to improve and, from what he started as, he deffo deserves to be where he's at. There are some good promo's from Anderson, no doubt, but, I'm firmly in the "Awesome" not "Asshole" camp.

Unless WWE is stupid and turns Miz face, then he'll end up dying a death like MVP.

Anderson has natural talent. The Miz is popular by default (what competition does he have?), and if not for his obviously company-backed push[/i] "rise to stardom", we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I of course respect your opinion but I would say that the pioneer of this genre and style would be Chris Jericho. He was a master of this craft back in WCW. Whether it be his deliberate mistakes with peoples names (i.e. Ron Mysterio Jr., Stinko Malenko, JoJo Dillon, Chris Benoyt, Hoot-n-Toot Guerrera and Quazzy Juice, etc.) not to mention his "Man of 1004 Holds" gimmick (where he said he knew more holds than Dean Malenko - "The Man of 1000 Holds") and when he read the list almost 90% of the moves were some variation of the "armbar" LOL. Those were the days. Jericho still has some of the whit...but a lot of it was lost when he started main eventing because you really couldn't do as much making fun of other main eventers...at least this is my theory. Or perhaps he just ran out of material or just changed his routine. He comes off as more whiny now than he did before. He used to be utterly hilarious though.

I will say this, to say Anderson has "worked more" and the Miz has had his handed to him by the WWE, is a quite a bit off. The Miz is a guy who has definatly worked his way to where he is by putting in a lot of time to learning the craft.

Anderson's more experienced though, and I think at this stage in both of there careers Anderson has a slight edge. While I think his promo's, and natural charisma are on par with the miz ( Acutally think his promo's are a little worse, and the miz has to deal with PG restrictions) , his in ring work is better.

Give Miz a year though and he will surpass anderson, he's working his tail off, and unlike some new guys isn't trying to do more then he can in-ring wise.. I think you will see his in -ring work dramatically improve again fairly soon.. hell he's still developing a move-set in some cases.

Anderson is better for now but if you re-evaulate in 6 months - 1 year I wouldn't be suprised if the Miz has surpassed him quite a bit.

I do think this comment (even though usually you are spot on), is very off the mark.

Anderson has a great deal of natural talent, but I think the Miz has just as much , if not more .

Any push somone recieves has to be company backed, otherwise you get zero TV time. Anderson also recived a massive push, and it amounted to about where Miz is at right now. I do think we would be having this disscussion with or without Miz winning MITB, he has been improving for a long time now, and over the last 6 months you have really seen his reaction going through the roof. The Miz has also had to work harder then anderson did, I mean the kid overcame the "only here because he's a reality star" sterotype, and really worked his way to where he is at in every sense of the word. I think if anything you have to give him that he is where he is because he got himself there, nobody else.

It's the Miz, by a mile, and it's not even close (sorry IDR, couldn't resist).

Personally I have always felt that Mr. Kennedy/Anderson is incredibly over-rated, and that's not a WWE over TNA bias because I felt exactly the same way when he was still with the WWE. He's been so injury prone that it's not even funny, not to mention his alleged tendencies to injure his opponents. His in-ring work is average at best. His mic work is pretty good but it's stale and dated and far from original. The whole mic descending from the rafters and repeating his surname got old for me a long time ago. His promos are pretty good but they just don't really do it for me. I used to be frustrated with him back in the WWE when everyone talked about him like the second coming of SCSA, and he was hardly that then, and he's certainly not that now.

I see tremendous upside and potential in the Miz, and I was one of his biggest skeptics from the onset. When he went from ECW (I think) to RAW, I figured he'd be future endeavoured in a matter of months, but in contrast, he's taken full advantage of his opportunities to make himself a plausible main eventer on the big stage. His mic work is excellent and he draws excellent heat wherever he goes. He brings passion to his mic work, something which is sorely lacking amongst many newcomers in either company. He's much more than cheap heel heat by insulting local sports teams or fans, he's clever and witty on the stick, you never know what he'll come up with next. And his "I'm the Miz and I'm awesome" thing is so irritating, purposefully, that it's effective as heel mic work.

His ring work is still a work in progress, probably not yet at Anderson's level, but comparing him now to when he debuted on RAW, is like comparing two different men, his progress has been exponential and he continues to improve. He's perfectly plausible in the ring and I predict he'll cash in his briefcase successfully at some point to become WWE champion, although likely for a short reign only.

I'm also very impressed with the Miz's knowledge and appreciation for the business, especially for a reality TV guy with no real wrestling experience. He seems to love the business and be thankful for his opportunity in it.

If I had to choose a roster spot between Anderson or the Miz, I'd pick the Miz. Easily. At least you know what you have with him, and don't have to worry, as soon as he enters a prominent storyline, how long before injures himself, or his opponents.

I of course respect your opinion but I would say that the pioneer of this genre and style would be Chris Jericho. He was a master of this craft back in WCW. Whether it be his deliberate mistakes with peoples names (i.e. Ron Mysterio Jr., Stinko Malenko, JoJo Dillon, Chris Benoyt, Hoot-n-Toot Guerrera and Quazzy Juice, etc.) not to mention his "Man of 1004 Holds" gimmick (where he said he knew more holds than Dean Malenko - "The Man of 1000 Holds") and when he read the list almost 90% of the moves were some variation of the "armbar" LOL. Those were the days. Jericho still has some of the whit...but a lot of it was lost when he started main eventing because you really couldn't do as much making fun of other main eventers...at least this is my theory. Or perhaps he just ran out of material or just changed his routine. He comes off as more whiny now than he did before. He used to be utterly hilarious though.

I agree, but Anderson is still more original than The Miz. Miz, to me, comes off as little more than a glorified Dane Cook fan – he overdoes everything for the sake of overdoing it, and people label it a success because he's getting booed for it.

I don't think of Miz as a success at all, I think he was pushed to be one, the same as Cena before him. Cena never would have risen to the rank he has without that major backing, the same way Jay Lethal might do in TNA – another guy I don't think is actually a main eventer in any sense, but may become one by default.

This comes down to personal preference for me. Both are pretty decent in the ring. At least pretty equal. Both are great on the microphone. As well as very charismatic. Hell their looks are even the same.

But to me, Anderson does not entertain me. Not as much as The Miz does. The Miz has entertained me for the majority of my wrestling fan experience. Much less than what Anderson has managed to do. And don't get me wrong. They're both very entertaining. But I would much rather watch The Miz cutting a promo than I would watch Mr Anderson cut a promo.

It's kinda scary how close they are really. Very close on looks. They even have a dragged out catchphrase that relies on their microphone skills, which are superb.

But it's The Miz. Very close. But it's just my personal preference.

It's the Miz, by a mile, and it's not even close (sorry IDR, couldn't resist).

Personally I have always felt that Mr. Kennedy/Anderson is incredibly over-rated, and that's not a WWE over TNA bias because I felt exactly the same way when he was still with the WWE. He's been so injury prone that it's not even funny, not to mention his alleged tendencies to injure his opponents. His in-ring work is average at best. His mic work is pretty good but it's stale and dated and far from original. The whole mic descending from the rafters and repeating his surname got old for me a long time ago. His promos are pretty good but they just don't really do it for me. I used to be frustrated with him back in the WWE when everyone talked about him like the second coming of SCSA, and he was hardly that then, and he's certainly not that now.

And the Miz isn't overrated? Please, man... Pot, have you met kettle? Holy shit, you're black! Or is that "awesome"? :rolleyes:

What does a guy being injury prone have anything to do with him being better talent-wise than another guy who's less injury prone? Is Blake Wheeler better than Marián Gáborík because Wheeler never had to have surgery on his groin?

Anderson's ring work may be average at best, but so too is the Miz'. At least Anderson has had a number of memorable matches that you can actually remember – name me one the Miz has had. Better yet, name me one the Miz has had without stretching the truth beyond repair or outright lying – don't worry, I'l wait...

His character may have gotten old for you, but it doesnt' make it any less effective, as he still garners the same heat and still elicits responses the same way the Miz does for calling himself awesome, so that point is moot.

No one said Anderson is the next SCSA, they said he has SCSA tendencies, and he does –*more than the Miz, that's for sure.

I see tremendous upside and potential in the Miz, and I was one of his biggest skeptics from the onset. When he went from ECW (I think) to RAW, I figured he'd be future endeavoured in a matter of months, but in contrast, he's taken full advantage of his opportunities to make himself a plausible main eventer on the big stage. His mic work is excellent and he draws excellent heat wherever he goes. He brings passion to his mic work, something which is sorely lacking amongst many newcomers in either company. He's much more than cheap heel heat by insulting local sports teams or fans, he's clever and witty on the stick, you never know what he'll come up with next. And his "I'm the Miz and I'm awesome" thing is so irritating, purposefully, that it's effective as heel mic work.

I don't. I see the booking pushing him because they want him there, not because he deserves to be there. He may have made a fan of you and a dozen others who hated him from the start, but he, nor the WWE has swayed me, as I see no progression in the Miz at all from the same annoying frat boy, Dane Cook bullshit he was doing three years ago today. He just uses new catch phrases now and wears less gaudy clothing – didn't change the fact he's incapable (seemingly) of putting on a superstar quality match or doing much else on a mic other than lacing every word that falls out of his mouth in over-the-top sarcasm and negativity.

His ring work is still a work in progress, probably not yet at Anderson's level, but comparing him now to when he debuted on RAW, is like comparing two different men, his progress has been exponential and he continues to improve. He's perfectly plausible in the ring and I predict he'll cash in his briefcase successfully at some point to become WWE champion, although likely for a short reign only.

Good for him. I'm sure that'll put him in the same rank as other World Champions before him who were actually entertaining. Or you know, not.

I'm also very impressed with the Miz's knowledge and appreciation for the business, especially for a reality TV guy with no real wrestling experience. He seems to love the business and be thankful for his opportunity in it.

Irrelevant. Good for him. Has no bearing on his being better or worse than Anderson.

If I had to choose a roster spot between Anderson or the Miz, I'd pick the Miz. Easily. At least you know what you have with him, and don't have to worry, as soon as he enters a prominent storyline, how long before injures himself, or his opponents.

Funny, Anderson's been in a number of prominent storylines in TNA – hasn't injured anyone or himself yet. Weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back