• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Signs

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
WZ reported that at Raw on Monday night, all Flair related signs were confiscated. This has been a long practice of WWE and now that I see they are still at it, I have to wonder: What do they really think they're accomplishing with this?

Ric Flair was employed by WWE less than 3 months ago. Its not as if everyone has forgotten he exists. With subjects like Eddie, Benoit or even Foley who is with the "competition" now, I could see WWE's position. But Flair was in one of the featured contests at Wrestlemania this year, had a Raw dedicated to him, and was on TV in July. The people remember him.

My guess would be that WWE is wanting people to be focused on the new talent, not someone that has been gone and likely isn't coming back like Flair. This makes sense to an extent, but I would think it runs the risk of angering fans that might have put some effort into making a sign, only to have it taken away. The fans paid for the seats. Do you think they should have the rights to say what they think about topics that aren't associated with WWE anymore? Also, what do you think WWE is trying to accomplish with this?

I can fully understand confiscating signs that either show vulgarities or try to advertise something (like if you have a sign with your website on it)...but when they just don't like who you're supporting/not supporting, that's just ridiculous.

I was so happy when I saw the sign on the last Raw that said "HHH fears divorce" because it was allowing that fan to express what he felt, rather than what he was just told to feel, which would've been "HHH: Time to Play the Game! Yaaaay!" If I want to have a sign that says "Push Morrison, WWE!" or "Matt Hardy's boring" I should be allowed to have it. If you're a Flair fan, you should be allowed to hold up a Flair sign, just as if you'd hold up a Stone Cold one or something. They're passing out rally towels for Ortiz, so pretty soon they'll probably give people signs that say "Jack Swagger's awesome" or "I <3 Dolph Ziggler" or whatever hahaha.

Bottom line, no signs should be confiscated unless they have something "obscene" on it or they're advertising.

I think the WWE are petty when it comes to crowd signs as NoFate007 said, the fans are expressing their opinon. A couple of years ago when Cena was being heavily booed by the fans they wouldn't allow any anti-Cena signs in the crowd yet they let other fans have signs dissing other wrestlers. People pay a hell of a lot of money and I feel as long as the signs aren't offensive, then the least they could do is let the fans should be allowed signs with anything they want on them

Back in the Attitude Era almost everyone could show up with whatever sign they wanted. Nowadays it's way too strict...okay, I can see them taking away "WHO'S DAMIEN DEMENTO?" signs and those referring to non-WWE performers who openly criticize the company, but Ric Flair's leaving had nothing to do with bad blood with WWE it seems. Taking away Ric Flair signs, a man who is nearly synonymous with wrestling...I don't get it.

And taking away signs dissing top guys...I remember the "IF CENA WINS WE RIOT" sign from One Night Stand 2006...that just sucks. People have the right to state their opinion as long as it isn't offensive. "Cena sucks" signs, "Hardcore Holly blows chunks" signs and the like should be allowed to be used. I just hate preferential treatment, like WWE banning any image from their new SVR game featuring Triple H in vulnerable positions. Everybody has the right to boo and cheer and criticize/give props to whatever wrestler they see fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back