Signing Big Stars Is What TNA Needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiralHands

Hardcore Revolutionist
Okies so I havent posted anything on here for a while, been very busy. However after the epic Monday Night war yesterday I thought I should post!

So this thread is not for the TNA haters, please take it somewhere else! But does anyone else who likes TNA agree with me that singing huge names like Jeff Hardy and Ric Flair was exactly what TNA needed?
Now this does exclude the Nasty Boys, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman because they have no use to TNA what so ever I believe.
So heres why I think it was the right move for TNA to sign these big stars, TNA has been developing younger stars for a few months now which is good, its what we all want to see, however when making young stars theres only a certain amount of things you can do with them in order to push them. Obviously putting belts on them does this and feuding with top name stars does this. However TNA only really has Kurt Angle they can use in oder to put over new talent like for example it has done for Desmond Wolfe! However you cant have your whole locker room of talent all beating Kurt Angle because the more you use the guy to put other wrestlers over the less credible it is. So by singing Jeff Hardy who was so over when he left WWE and as a former world champ hes someone that can help build new stars and so can the Nature boy, so personally I think TNA did the right thing in signing big house names! Not to mention that it now has upscaled TNA to look more major league I mean that many singings in one night? Thats good!

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Jeff Hardy (even though he is going through criminal procedings a the moment) is probably the biggest signing. The guy was the most over guy in the biggest company last year. If TNA can capitalise and advertise the fact they have this guy we might see alot of new fans watching TNA. The guy is super over. TNA has to kep his momentum, especially since he is very fresh in fan's minds... he was way more over than Cena. I know alot of people say that TNA shouldn't push ex-WWE guys over their guys but ardy is something different. He is really, really, really popular.

Don't give him titles or anything but have him feud with some top heels and give him wins over Nash, Jarrett, Raven keep him in the spotlight.

It is the right move. Quite honestly it's the ONLY thing they can do in order to get noticed.

However these same big stars should not cross the line. Pun intended. They must...MUST remember that 99% of TNA is filled with young guys that have talent steaming out of their pores. If the dinosaurs cut this incredible talent's head off and ruin this otherwise great plan, most of them will jump ships to WWE and eventually either die or be forgotten and burried by the man that defeated God himself.

All of them with the exception of Jeff Hardy are at an age where they are just not any good anymore. They won EVERYTHING they could during their...80 years of existence, won titles, made money, time to move on. Right now they must realize that their role in TNA is to be advertisments with legs, helping new talent, putting them over, making men like AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe, Daniels, Abyss, Shelley, Pope and a plethora of other young wrestlers just as big as men like Hogan, Flair, Hall, Foley. Teaching them the pros and cons but at the same time leaving them come up with new, fresh ideas and we know that TNA is majored in innovation and breaking away from some of the taboos in pro wrestling. ( exactly the reason why I don't think they should trash the six sided ring for example )

TNA needs the old guys to reveal to the brain numbed wrestling world ( courtesy of McLucifer ) that there's still hope out there.

I'm not a TNA mark, I'm not a WWE mark, I enjoy parts of WWE and parts of TNA. Not saying WWE has gone TOTALLY bad but they're surely hurting our intelligence week in and week out with some BS they do. ( midgets anyone? )

If TNA wants to sign big stars, then stars like Hardy are what's needed. Jeff Hardy is someone that's young and still very relevant in wrestling today. Arguably, he was the biggest babyface in the WWE when he decided to leave the company. I'm hoping that Jeff Hardy, to begin with, is going to be put into the X Division because the X Division sure as shit needs some help. It's a pale shadow of what it used to be.

As for guys like The Nasty Boys, Ric Flair, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman, I could really care less about them. Yes, Ric Flair is a legend but he's also 60 years old. The Nasty Boys haven't been relevant since the mid 90s, Hall is another 50 year old that's majorly out of shape and has a bad history, Waltman is...well he's just there I guess. Jeff Hardy is a real feather in TNA's cap, that's very true. What it needs are guys that are in his league like the John Morrison and CM Punk. Guys that are great in the ring, young and relevant to wrestling today.

signing big stars is exactly what they needed, but it didnt seem like a wrestling show to me.. it seemed like they were just introducing people the whole night. Imagin how much bigger the rating would be had ric flair, jeff hardy, shannon moore been advertised. advertising jeff alone would have made me tune in. had jeff actually climbed into the asylum and fought, that could have got over alot better. and outside interference might have been alittle better of a reason to end the match in a no contest.

last night should have started feuds, instead it showed all the new guys. flair, jeff, shannon, fat world order, the nasty boys. i think its funny that the only of these men to start a feud was the worst of them

I thought RVD was a lock for Jan 4? Is he truly signed? Maybe he'll debut at the next ppv? But with Hardy joining, RVD would be the next best signing as TNA does highflying better than anyone. Guys like Styles, Daniels, Joe, Wolfe and the Guns vs the likes of Hardy and RVD would be awesome.

Yeah they need big stars but thats why they push talent to turn them into big stars. they dont need to get every former wwe talent. thats pathetic. shows how desperate they are by signing every former wwe talent. its nuts

I can't belive that you are writing that!

First off, Hall, Waltman, "Val venis", Nasty's are washed up beyond belief, they have no proven drawing power what so ever any more and they SUCK in the ring.
TNA only has one proper TV show, now these fools will take up valuable time, that should be spent on Desmond Wolfe, Young Bucks and others, who are the FUTURE of this business, not these dinosaurs!
Only hope is, that they're on a short term deal!
I can understand Flair and Hardy, but the rest are dead weight!

Second AND MOST IMPORTANT!:

TNA needs original and proper STORYLINES, that make sense and that people will care about. And they need to stick to them and whatever stipulations there might be, something TNA really lacks!
And, they need to respect these storylines and follow through all they way.
They need to remove all the gimmick matches from Impact and save them for special occations, to undestand that LESS IS MORE!

Monday's Impact was SHIT!! Too much happened, they let nothing settle in, before the next "surprise", the next angle, whatever and that is typical TNA.
I was REALLY hoping for a change, but all I saw was the same old, with "new" old faces.

TNA needs to fire that IDIOT Vince Russo, if they're ever gonna grow!!!

I like TNA, but they're so busy looking at what WWE does, that they forget to create their own identity, it takes more then having a six-sided ring to do that!!

Although I haven't really heard anything on Ric Flair officially signing with TNA, as far as Jeff Hardy goes, TNA has made a good signing. Unlike Hall, Waltman, Val Venis, and The Nasty Boyz, bringing Jeff Hardy back to TNA brings alot of good things and bad things to the table. The good things are his popularity with the fans. He is extremely popular (especially with the girls), his merch sells, he's still young, he's an established name and was the face of SmackDown last year, and he's a very good fit with the current TNA stars.

On the flip side, he has his personal problems and with that comes negative press for your company. But hopefully after his case, he'll learn his lesson once and for all because he doesn't really have that many chances left in his career.

You gotta admit though; TNA has been very opportunistic with these big free agent signings lately. Nigel McGuinness, The Young Bucks, Elijah Burke, Bobby Lashley, Taz, etc..it just keeps coming. Although it seems like they flurry with these aquisitions at times, you gotta take advantage..

Yeah they need big stars but thats why they push talent to turn them into big stars. they dont need to get every former wwe talent. thats pathetic. shows how desperate they are by signing every former wwe talent. its nuts
Are you nuts... I thought tna had a great show very entertaining the only part off wwe worth watching was bret hart returning... pg era sucks.... and they don't just sign old wwe stars... jeff gardy was once in tna when a free agent, he doesn't like traveling a lot so he chose to go to tna instead of returning to wwe. Hall was in tna and is most notable for time in wcw with nwo along with xpac,nash,hogan... flair chose to go to tna simply because he wanted to be back in wrestling and didn't wanna go back to wwe cuz of the great sendoff they gave him.. there all mostly ex wcw stars... the young talent from wwe they sign like olando,elijah burke weren't used right in wwe... tna I've enjoyed tna than any other wwe pg show.... how is tna desperate... wwe uses frikin GUEST HOSTS!! That just show there creative team sucks! Now if that's not desperate than idk what is... wwe needs to go back to the attitude days or tna is eventually gonna gie them a run for there money

this is stating to look like what wcw did just sign everybody but 1 big difference tna does not have the constant fan base the frequent ratings or the background that wcw did funny note for all the new wrestling fans who want 2 know why all the guys popping up are famous can buy it from wwe

Forget about signing BIG names, the biggest name in WCW during the Monday Night Wars was probably Goldberg - the guy the company created. The key is creating guys and branding the company.

WCW won for 80 plus weeks by forcing Vince to change his game by using cruiserweights, luchadores and edgier content and starting and ending off the hour until .... Vince CREATED new stars, the Rock and Stone Cold and rebranded his company, the attitude era.

TNA needs to force WWE out of the box again.

They are not going to hang with Val Venus, Jeff Hardy, Hogan and Flair and the NWO. Bischoff can say what he wants, he was RELEASED by the WWE. As Vince once said, there is a reason why Eric Bischoff was the GM on Monday Night Raw, instead of Vince appearing as GM on Monday Nitro.

Here's the thing with signing older names. Current wrestling fans really don't care about Flair, Hogan, Foley, Sting, Hall, Nash, NWO, etc... BUT fans that are NOT watching will say "hmm I remember these guys I'll check them out." The point is that these guys are NEEDED to interest some people but to the current fans they'll simply be old. When the newer fans get used to them, they'll still be used to get NEWER fans beyond that. To a lifelong fan it's going to be irritating but it's needed.

More on topic here. Yes there were good signing by TNA. Using Val Venis and other names as jobbers is ok. The Nasty Boys however, that's just ******ed. They are not and never have been entertaining. They are not and never have been over. As a one shot in the form of "we're friends with Hogan we want in" is fine, but not as a regular staple. They just need to make sure they keep up on the young signings and have those guys go over the big old names.

If fans are not watching, I doubt that Val Venis and the Nasty Boys are going to give them cause to return.

The Monday Night Wars are over and unless TNA can brand itself as something other than a place where old WWE guys go, this is going to be a Monday Night Massacre.

First off, I never I did say that its what TNA needs exlcuding Hall, Waltman and Nasty Boyz because I agree with everyone 100% these are dead wieght and cannot be used successfully! However im glad that everyone agrees with me that this is the right thing to do, but its only the right thing if they are used properly and thats to put over thier own talent like the have done recently with Angle and to use the for advertisements and etc.! Just read on the main page that more people may be on the way to signing for TNA, and I think what they need is someone relevant to to the business today like Jeff Hardy was, and another big name someone like RVD, who people have been wanting back for so long. I think that would be icing on the awesome cake the TNA is right now!

Forget about signing BIG names, the biggest name in WCW during the Monday Night Wars was probably Goldberg - the guy the company created. The key is creating guys and branding the company.

TNA's Goldberg is already in TNA. It could be AJ Styles, Joe, McGuinness or others. Now these guys didn't begin their careers in TNA but are pretty much TNA home grown since they were pretty much unknown to the marks. I thought someone heading in that direction was Kaz but they killed all of his thunder by putting him in as Suicide. (one of TNA's worst mistakes of 2008)

But back on topic, TNA should signs some more big names. Now, there is no wrestler too big for TNA. They have the most know wrestler ever, and two wrestlers considered by many people the best. Ric Flair and Kurt Angle. Maybe they could get The Rock to come in or Stone Cold. Although they don't really have any room for non wrestlers.

Signing more big stars could be a good thing but, as has been said by me and others, these stars need to be young, able to go and be relevant to current wrestling fans.

Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Sting are all in their 50s. Ric Flair is officially 60. The Nasty Boys are in their mid 40s, well past their physical prime and haven't been relevant in the least since the mid 1990s. Waltman is a non-issue, he's just there and doesn't contribute anything in my view. Sean Morley, Shannon Moore, Orlando whatever his name was just do nothing for me. With the exception of Jeff Hardy, none of the big names that showed up at TNA the other night excite me at all.

A bunch of senior citizens and a handful of neverwases just isn't enough to get me all tha excited.

no they don't, they need to make there own stars so they can continue the war against wwe after the old guys take there leave six months later, with that being said,jeff hardy is a great big signing, but it is only short term, so it is in fact,useless, big name signings are not the awnser to tna,the stars they have now are.

They don't need to go on a spending spree, getting every big name available under contract, but they could definitely use one or two big names. These guys could come in and revitalize the X Division, or build the midcard for TNA, and not taker the spotlight away from AJ, Angle, Joe, and the rest of the main event.

I agree with everyone that TNA doesnt need to bring in these old, washed up guys... but you have to stop and think....

Say you used to be a wrestling fan in the 90's when ECW, WCW, WWE were all booming....Once WCW and ECW ended you stopped or faded out of watching wrestling...

Now comes a "new" company, putting on a live show to go head to head with WWE, the first monday night wars in x amount of years. You cant go out and try to bring in an old or new audience with unfamiliar names. Nobody who hasnt watched wrestling knows who Daniels, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe are...so the best way to get to this audience, bring in familiarity. Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Hall, Nash, Waltman, Nasty Boys, Flair. These names ring bells in peoples heads and bring back the old memories, and therefore old fans, even new fans who know those names tune in to check it out.

I dont think TNA is going to keep these guys around for years on end. But the start of something big (Live on Mondays) is what TNA needs right now, familiar names mixed with the new school.

I think once TNA gets going these guys will be faded out, and the new guys will be the familiar and popular faces of TNA.

MODERATOR'S EDIT said:
There's a separate thread for who TNA should sign or cut. This thread is about the impact signing big names could have on TNA.

I think that signing a couple of big stars is what TNA needs because it will help bring in more fans to the product. However, they should only sign a few. If they go after too many then they might not be able to afford paying all of them as well as the members of the current roster. However, signing a couple of big names could really help them because the fans of those wrestlers will eventually find out where they went and tune in to watch them, thus making new fans of TNA as a whole. That could do wonders for TNA in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back