Show of the Year

• Wrestlemania 26

• Old School Raw

• Night of Champions

• Whole F'N Show

• Lockdown

• 1/4 Impact

Results are only viewable after voting.
My favorite Show of the Year was The Whole F'n Show.

I thought this was A Great Show and one of the best Impact's I have ever seen. AJ Vs Angle was excellent, Solid Knockouts match, triple threat was decent Beer Money Vs MCMG 2/3 was Great and probably the best TV match of the Year. RVD vs Abyss was a Great Hardcore Match. So in 2 hours I believe thats how long the show was who got 3 really good to great matches AJ/Angle Beer Money/MCMG and RVD/Abyss and 2 solid matches sounds like a Great Show to me. My other Favorite Show of the Year was WM26 I thought it was really good and I really enjoyed it.

Old School Raw

From top to bottom, it was 100% pure entertainment. Plus, I'm a bit of an old school guy so this completely catered to what I've been craving for years. It was a DIFFERENT kind of product that we're used to. And it went back to its purity and reverted to when the 'wrestling' aspect of the show was the most important part.

Had to be Old School Raw, reason being is that Wrestlemania is designed to be a spectacular event every time, everyone had written Old School Raw off before it aired only to be one of the best Raws of the past number of years. This turned heads regarding WWE's capability, while Wrestlemania was great, it was expected to be where OSRaw stands firm and tall.

Yeah, George Steele eating that turnbuckle really brought me back to the days when wrestlers wrestled.

Anyway, I've gotta give it to the Whole F'N Show. Free TV like that just feels right.

WrestleMania. This was arguably the best built WrestleMania since WrestleMania 17 and it certainly delivered. We saw drama, excitement and comedy and it was one of the few Mania's in recent years that has totally lived up to its hype. We saw one of the greatest in-ring performers retire. Fantastic event and show of the year in my humble opinion.

I loved the Old School Raw too, but there weren't any noteworthy matches besides maybe Bryan vs. Swagger. Even though there was a lot that went wrong with the live Impact shows, I enjoyed the January 4 Impact and the Whole F'N show. Both shows were exciting and were the first Impacts to compete against Raw on Monday night.

WM 26 will probably win here since there was so many huge matches. Cena vs. Batista, Edge vs. Jericho, Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker. A lot of the matches were less than stellar, but I can understand the hype people voted for it as the show of the year. It was a loaded card. The old school Raw would probably be my favorite Raw show and The Whole F'N show would be my favorite Impact this year.

There are so many good shows on this list. Each of these deserves to be on there. The 1/4 Impact dramatically changed the TNA landscape and had a SOLID A.J. Styles/Kurt Angle match. WrestleMania 26 was solid as well, featuring many good matches and an emotional classic in the main event. Lockdown was a solid show with several good matches and one classic match (which is great considering two talents didn't show up). The Whole F'n Show was solid, featured the 2/3 Fall Tag Team Clinic between Beer Money and MCMG and the shockingly entertaining Stairway to Janice Match.

I voted however for the Old School Raw. I didn't just vote for this because Jim Ross came back for 15 minutes, although it was a MAJOR plus. This was a great escape from the normal Raw telecast, and it felt like Raw transported back to multiple time periods in its history all while featuring many of the current roster. I know most of these guys were extremely old and couldn't do much physically. But to see all of them together on this show interacting with the current stars was amazing. I still laugh every time I see Steele walk out randomly to eat the turnbuckle or Mark Henry walked out to his "Sexual Chocolate" theme. And Piper proved he still had it by MAKING Survivor Series interesting even to the most uninitiated WWE fan. Old School is cool in my book and earned my vote.

(Night of Champions was the one show I didn't see on this list.)

WWE Old School Raw gets my vote. I would have voted for The Whole F'n Show but it wasn't better than Old School Raw although the MCMG vs Beer Money match was the match of the year. Sorry Undertaker & Shawn Michaels:)

Old School Raw was certainly good fun, but WrestleMania 26 may well have been the best wrestling show of the last three or four years, absolutely brilliant matches were had by most, and Hart vs McMahon, while hardly a masterpiece, was closure wrestling audiences have wanted to see since before the Attitude Era really kicked in.

Elimination Chamber was the best show of the year, but obviously I can't choose that.

Wrestlemania was quite good, Cena/Batista and Undertaker/HBK were both excellent, but there was also a decent amount of crap on the show. Not the best show of the year.

Of the options, I'll go with the Whole F'N Show. The tag match was freaking incredible and Abyss had one of his best matches of the year as well. TNA obviously isn't great all of the time, or some of the time for that matter, but these live shows always work out.

I think people has forgotten how great Money in the Bank was.i think it should be added to the list.

I actually went out on a limb and picked the Whole F'n Show. It reminded me of Turning Point 09, when they just let the boys go out and wrestle, while not having to go through any creative gymnastics.

And just like Turning Point, within a week or two, they scuffled all the progress thy made with this one show.

Old School RAW was great, and created a lot of memories. Perhaps it's because it is fresher in my mind, but I have more memories from that one episode of RAW than from Wrestlemania 26. Honestly, I think WWE should have an Old School PPV, simply based on the success of that show. I know I'd watch it, and I'm sure I'm not alone. That's why Old School is cool, and it gets my vote.

Wrestlemania 26 is the easy pick here, but as a Wrestlemania I didn't find it too great. IT was a good PPV, but not a good Wrestlemania.

I'll take the Old School Raw, I had so many mark out moments and laughs along the way. The show was scripted so well, and they went FULL OUT on the old school. Plus, they brought back Sexual Choclate Mark Henry. Loved that gimmick, never thought they'd bring it back with TV PG.

I went for 'mania. Far from the best but the genuine drama and emotion of HBK v Taker made it for me. I enjoyed the whole f'n show, but the ending ruined it. It's hard to buy into the shock of the Fourtune attack on EV2 when the Impact Zone are chanting "This is awesome" and the Abyss ketchup attack on RVD just made it so much worse.

Uh, hard, its was between old school raw and wrestlemania... altough the oldschool raw was awesome, in the end was a raw not a ppv, so im going with wrestlemania 26. We miss you hbk.

Old school raw being voted for so much is crazy to me. That show wasn't even all that good. It was actually pretty unbearable to watch some of those guys out there. Lockdown SHOULD take this cake hands down. And I hate TNA right now.

WrestleMania 26 obviously,WM 26 had great matches and it was electryifying.You had the 5 Star quality MiTB ladder match,Orton vs Rhodes vs DiBiase,Edge vs Chris Jericho,Cena vs Batista,and HBK vs Undertaker.Overall,a 5/5 WrestleMania.Just amazing:worship:

I thought WM 26 was a great show but for just the sake of pure fun, I had to go with Old School Raw. I was surprised at how good of a show it was and it was just entertaining really from top to bottom. Initially, I thought it was a very good episode of Raw but not the best. However, I've gone back and watched it a few more times and I've liked it more and more each of those times.

I was surprised at how seriously the WWE treated the show and they really went all out from the clothes the ring announcers, refs and commentators wore to the old school WWF benners to the ring ropes to the old fashioned steel barricade, the little promo boxes that appeared in the top corner of the screen in which wrestlers gave brief promos, the legends were a lot of fun to see. Tons of nostalgia involved of course but it was pulled off perfectly. I hope the WWE does another Old School Raw in 2011 and that it's half as good as this one was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back