Why Beef up Raw?

CitiBoy7

Occasional Pre-Show
So if raw is the entertainment brand and smackdown is the less entertainment brand then why does raw basically always win the draft? I mean look at guys like Punk, McIntyre, Ziggler and even the likes of Tyler Reks and Chris Master whom are all doing complete shit. When I seen the draft and noticed smackdowns core roster which is Rey, Show, Swagger, Kofi, McIntyre and Del Rio all got drafted on top of the fact that raw kept all their important guys except Orton and Sheamus that raw was just loaded and I said to myself somebody gonna have a bad year with that crowded roster. I'm saying some of these guys should have stayed on SD especially guys like Ziggler and McIntyre and I personally prefer Punk to be a SD guy. My point was proven on this past monday of how in the hell can you push half these guys on raw when we know Miz and Cena are the top guys that must be on tv every week so how do you fit the new guys and what raw was already building. Smackdown is naked when it comes to stars which they only have about 4 and that point was proven when we had Khali and Henry make their cases for world champ. People actually complained about this past mondays raw and I personally think that was a preview of all the raws to come and it's sad because raw has to big a roster to have long ass talk segments. By two years half of the raw roster is gonna be known as what could have been but not given the opportunity. So my thing is why o why beef up raw in the draft every single year when half these guys could be shining on smackdown instead of having a filled up raw where someone has to turn into a jobber and on the record raw REALLY DESTROYED Zigglers career for me I just hate him on raw and every thing they did with him and wow another point to what im saying is look how much time him and vickie had on SD every week and now they get one segment a show on raw lol.:smashfreakB:

I think since the roster is so loaded on Raw with pretty much all the big names except Randy Orton, Sheamus, Kane and Christian that they might as well put both shows together and use the B show or whatever it's called to promote the younger and move them over to Raw when they are able to compete with the big names. Smackdown is completely deserted now and apart from Randy Orton, Sheamus and Sin Cara, all they have got are jobbers in the draft. Some unnecessary drafts were Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio and McIntyre. They all did much better on SD but now (specially in the latter's case), there's so many top stars, they get somehow lost in the shuffle and the focus goes away from them.

I think since the roster is so loaded on Raw with pretty much all the big names except Randy Orton, Sheamus, Kane and Christian that they might as well put both shows together and use the B show or whatever it's called to promote the younger and move them over to Raw when they are able to compete with the big names. Smackdown is completely deserted now and apart from Randy Orton, Sheamus and Sin Cara, all they have got are jobbers in the draft. Some unnecessary drafts were Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio and McIntyre. They all did much better on SD but now (specially in the latter's case), there's so many top stars, they get somehow lost in the shuffle and the focus goes away from them.

i dont even think you can count sin cara as a big star on sd or any show. so far he is all hype and no substance and what i have seen in the ring is ...well...sloppy. hence why he was moved to sd. it is a taped show and from what WZ says, they needed to edit his matches and take out the botches. not a good sign. not knowing english isnt a plus either. he was hired so vince could continue getting his foot in the door in mexico but im not sure sin cara will be around next year at this time.

for one thing we have sheamus, orton, christain, sin cara (who i believe will be big), big zeke, and a couple other guys on SD.
i do agree that raw has to many guys now, they dont use half of them so they are just being wasted (though alot were just being wasted anyways).
this is how big stars are made, wwe has to use this new talent on smackdown cause lots of their big names are leaving or leaving soon so wwe is either gonna figure it out or go up in flames. preferably they figure it out.

I remember people saying the same thing a few years ago, "Smackdown is doomed" "Smackdown has been shafted" "Smackdown has no stars"...what happened next actually did what the draft always promises to do, it changed the landscape....CM Punk became a huge star on Smackdown with feuds with Taker and Hardy...Hardy became a star through his feuds with HHH and Punk and suddenly Smackdown had a really healthy Main Event.

There is a huge amount of potential on Smackdown that is now not blocked by the so called "Core" of Smackdown. Christian, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Cody Rhodes and several other younger Superstars now have a genuine chance of making it up to the Main Event to challenge Orton who now has the chance to show he can carry a show. So yes, Raw is loaded, but the future of the WWE is very much dependant on how these people step up to the plate, im for one excited to see what they deliver.

I think the writers are half the time smart, and the other half dumb as shit. The draft this year was kind of weird. Alex Riley was drafted but still shows up on RAW. Daniel Bryan was a smart choice because he is pure wrestling. Sheamus needed a new landscape as did Mark Henry. Sin Caras botches and getting used to the new style are covered up easily, but why werent the Corre broken up. Now they will have to remain on the same show for the next year, possibly always running into each other. I get they all moved from Raw in January, but still. Why not keep Gabriel and Slater as a team on SD, move Barrett on RAW because he is more of a talker? And then, why move Show from Kane because we all know once they break up theyre done. Then we got McIntyre who really needs to develop a personality first. I thought it was a good idea, but with guys like Miz, ADR, and Punk he will go NOWHERE as a heel. Bourne should have moved in the draft. why move Reks when people still dont know who he is? The only draft picks that I truly liked are Rey to RAW, ADR to RAW, and Orton to SD. They really should have drafted Ziggler back to SD because he did win his first world title there. He probably wouldnt have had his haircut. Theres just too many heels on RAW and they probably dont know what to do. They got ADR, Punk, Ziggler, Miz, Swagger, McIntyre, Nexus, Truth, and then you got heat magnets like Cole and Vickie. Its just too much especially when looking at the faces being Cena, Rey and Kofi pretty much. On SD the only heels are Sheamus, Mark Henry, Corre and Cody Rhodes. Only 2 of them are most likely going to hold world title gold within the next year. Just look at the numbers, there are 17 heels on SD and like 12 faces. And its not just that, the main issue is that the heels are all featured prominently, whereas the the only faces featured regularly on SD are Orton, Christian, Cara and maybe Daniel Bryan. WWE has backed themselves in a corner because they have created too many heels and very little faces. They screwed up by making so many heels that now we have to watch Orton who is natural heel be this face that just isnt working anymore. And then we all know Christian should turn heel. If you turn those two the top face on SD would Sin Cara or Daniel Bryan lol They need more debuting faces for the fans to get behind. Heels may have been cool in 2010, but they need to make a priority to have faces be cool this year.

They treat Smackdown! like a breeding ground to boost RAW up into this supershow. Everytime someone gets hot on Smackdown! they ship them off to RAW. Then these same guy get a push, then they are forgotten about(MVP, Kofi Kingston,CM Punk, etc.) These guys first run on RAW was ill-fated. MVP got into a rivalry with Orton that lasted two weeks and the he lost his U.S. title to Kofi, next was his tag team with Mark Henry that went nowhere. Kofi got into a feud with Orton too and it took his career nowhere.He ended back on "the B show". I think these writers get all exited about these guys on Smackdown! and then realize they have nothing for them to do on RAW and end up stalling careers. They cheat the fans with these stupid moves because we all know a guy like Cena would never end up on Smackdown! because RAW is ratings driven. WWE makes fans NOT want to tune in to Smackdown! It's like they are bias against there own show. If they showed a bit of equality, they wouldn't need to send guy to Smackdown! to "save" the show. I don't like to choose between shows, but I think Smackdown! is a better show because it more wrestling orientated than "sports entertainment" oriented.

Side note: I'd prefer CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio on Smackdown!

In an ideal world, I'd want there to be one big roster that all competes on the same show...as it was for years and years.

However, with as bad as creative ALREADY is, just imagine how bad it would be if they had to keep storylines interesting and fresh with them playing out TWICE a week as opposed to once a week. Some of the wrestlers could take one show or the other off every few weeks, but does everyone really want to see guys like Cena and Orton all over BOTH shows each week?

I just don't have enough confidence in the writing of these shows right now. I think it would be a terrible mistake to end the brand extension right now. You'd think there wouldn't be so much oversaturation the way it is, but it's pretty bad. It'll be ten times worse without two rosters.

Idk why they beefed up Raw but I know "It's The WWE UNIVERSE'S" fault for the face/heel ratio as they cater to who we cheer and boo to determine which way they'll go with the direction of a superstar or diva. For example look at Kharma, Vince is using her to figure out if she's going to be a face, heel, or tweener. I would think she would be the Stone cold of the Diva's by not being a face or heel. And the reason why Mysterio and Del Rio went to Raw and Cara went to SD! was they didn't want Del Rio-Sin Cara on the same brand due to their history from down south and plus Mysterio-Cara due both of them are masked superstars plus Rey rarely needs a 2nd take while Sin Cara can get all the 1's he needs. Plus they can use lighting better on SD! then Raw.

Sin Cara was moved to Smackdown because he botched quite a bit on Raw, and Smackdown is a taped show. So it's based upon how green he is. Other than that I think Smackdown didn't get shafted that much this year. We got star potential in the likes of Orton and Sheamus, who we know will make an impact on the Blue Show. And we already have a rising star in Cody Rhodes. Not to mention a wrestler in Daniel Bryan, and since Smackdown is more wrestling than Raw, it fits perfectly. Yes we lost Drew McIntyre (who wasn't doing anything) and Dolph Ziggler (who hasn't been doing anything except feud with Morrison and Snookie), so I think it's pretty equal.

'They all did much better on smackdown'

It's been 2 weeks! And Del Rio & Mysterio are already in the title picture, so I'm really baffeled by this. Yes McIntyre hasn't been used as of yet but that's to be expected, not everyone can be showcased immediatly in a 1hour 30min program

Id just like to add this to the discussion, yes the rosters are loaded in favour of Raw but if im being honest I actually enjoyed Smackdown last week more than i enjoyed this weeks raw? Dont know if anyone felt the same? maybe having less competition will enable the smackdown guys to step up and build there characters more without the fear of someone immeadiately stepping in and taking there spot??

Exactly so why move them all

Not everyone thats been moved to Smackdown have been showcased either, give it time before you decide whether they are being wasted on a show or not... it's been 2 weeks. I swear the internet community are soooo impatient.

Well Smackdown! got Seamus, the faceless one, and Daniel Bryan, so let's wait and see. Smackdown! is the A-show if you compare the two. If they would quit doing RAW recaps on SD!, maybe they could keep more guys. However, despite getting raped with a metal codpiece with spikes on it at every draft, Smackdown! still beats RAW. I am more interested to see what will happen tomorrow than I am next Monday. Albeit SD! lost Mysterio and Del Rio, they didn't get completely screwed. Let's just wait and see. I guarantee that Smackdown! will beat RAW again this year.

A near empty smackdown could actually be a good thing. It could give the former jobbers before the draft on smackdown to step up to the plate and get some more air time. Who knows what talent that the lower card superstars have if they are given the chance? They could be the next main eventers or at least good mid carders. This is a good chance for guys uch as Trent Barreta, JTG, William Regal, Daniel Bryan to get back on track, an many more guys.

Not everyone thats been moved to Smackdown have been showcased either, give it time before you decide whether they are being wasted on a show or not... it's been 2 weeks. I swear the internet community are soooo impatient.

Your not understanding the point im trying to make which is it's not about how early it is to judge but the fact that it is to many top stars on raw to the point where someone is going to turn into a jobber. When I say top stars I mean familiar contenders. I understand someone can lose a couple matches and stay relevant but it does hurt. Im saying is it possible for Punk, Ziggler, Del Rio, McIntyre, R-Truth, Jomo, Rey, Show, Swagger, Kofi, Miz and Cena to all have a good year. I don't think so because I don't see how can you keep 12 guys relevant unless you keep having quick fueds and on top of that wwe has to keep the cena vs rock storyline together and you have diva matches also saving the lower card wrestlers for superstars. Out of all these guys someones gonna miss shows or job out. Also people say they are trying to build stars on smackdown which I like but raw is gonna lose stars because of screen time. I just felt like alot of guys were on raw and they should have the smaller roster while smackdown could improve more stars over the years with the bigger roster and not as in bigger names.

Well Smackdown! got Seamus, the faceless one, and Daniel Bryan, so let's wait and see. Smackdown! is the A-show if you compare the two. If they would quit doing RAW recaps on SD!, maybe they could keep more guys. However, despite getting raped with a metal codpiece with spikes on it at every draft, Smackdown! still beats RAW. I am more interested to see what will happen tomorrow than I am next Monday. Albeit SD! lost Mysterio and Del Rio, they didn't get completely screwed. Let's just wait and see. I guarantee that Smackdown! will beat RAW again this year.

I feel the same way! SmackDown has become the A-Show, at least for me!!
I want to see SD! more than I want to see RAW!! I dont give a fuck if SD is taped, guess what movies are taped too and we all love them!

Randy Orton to SD was a great move, stripping Christian out the tittle was an awesome move, they really make something cool, because now he will have a feud between Christian and Orton!!

Look at Over The Limit!!

We probably will see:

John Cena vs The Miz - AGAIN from RAW
Randy Orton vs Christian vs SHeamus or Henry - I think that SD! wins here!

Michael Cole vs Lawler - I'm tired, i cant see that anymore, they should both get fired - RAW again

Cody Rhodes vs (some guy) - I think that even Barreta vs Ryder is better than Cole vs Lawler, so SD! gets the point!!

Nexus kind of match or filler - New Nexus = Mason Ryan? I hate it!!

The Corre match or filler - I dont give a fuck about CM Punk popularity, Barret is way more entertainer right now!

So i just want to say that SmackDown is better and they aren't pushed like RAW guys are!! Friday Night SmackDown > Monday Night Bo....RAW!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back