Should WWE have turned Cena?

fishy

Fishy Since I was born!
Simple thread really.

Just after watching TLC I thought WWE could have done a heel turn with John Cena, something I think is long overdue

It could of been played down the lines of everyone against john Cena, he gona take everyone out etc etc

Im not a massive Cena fan myself, I much prefer him Heel then Face any day

What do u think Guys?

See I am wondering if this Vow he made to not lose a match is apart of a bigger story. Let him run rampant, everyone is so sure he is going to get the belt back and THEN have Shaemus actually legitimately beat him to help further make Shaemus a believable champion. It seems as if Cena is overselling the obsessed focus he has and I wonder if that is on purpose. TO set up for a downfall in other words.

Guys, before posting threads please check the history to see if it exists. Threads about turning John Cena heel have been done about a million times.

Turning the WWE's top babyface, #1 merchandise seller, and leader of the PG Generation into a heel is an absolutely horrific idea. Personally, I feel Cena is a great babyface and is exactly what the WWE needs as their top wrestler in the company right now. The guy is a great draw for the company and one of the main reasons for the PPV buys and sold out television events. And you wish to turn him into a heel so everyone can start hating him?

The biggest problem that you face when turning a monster babyface like John Cena into a heel is replacing him. Without affecting the rest of the roster (i.e. breaking up DX, turning another heel into a babyface) who do you feel could take Cena's place and do just as good of a job, if not better, at drawing current buyrates and attendences?

Guys, before posting threads please check the history to see if it exists. Threads about turning John Cena heel have been done about a million times.

Turning the WWE's top babyface, #1 merchandise seller, and leader of the PG Generation into a heel is an absolutely horrific idea. Personally, I feel Cena is a great babyface and is exactly what the WWE needs as their top wrestler in the company right now. The guy is a great draw for the company and one of the main reasons for the PPV buys and sold out television events. And you wish to turn him into a heel so everyone can start hating him?

The biggest problem that you face when turning a monster babyface like John Cena into a heel is replacing him. Without affecting the rest of the roster (i.e. breaking up DX, turning another heel into a babyface) who do you feel could take Cena's place and do just as good of a job, if not better, at drawing current buyrates and attendences?

I don't really have a problem with the redundant threads at this point and placing them SOMEWHERE on the forum. But if people try to do this in the Non-Spam sections, it is more than likely going to get moved to either Wrestling Spam, as I already explained to the Thread Starter ... or if the thread is awful enough, to the Trash Can. I typically send rejected threads to Wrestling Spam more frequently than other Mods, but if the thread is absolute, utter garbage, I will send it to The Trash. Your thread has to be absolutely awful if I go as far as to actually Trash it.

This way, even though it may be rejected in Non-Spam, it at least gives the Spam section some fresh material and you can put as much, or as little effort into it, as you want.

I don't know, should WWE of turned Cena? Wait, how would he have turned at TLC, he faced Sheamus.

After watching “Wrestling with Shadows” for the first time the other day, it got me thinking that John Cena and Bret Hart are more alike than first thought. Both wrestlers played the role of hero who finds a way to succeed while projecting wholesome ideals for their fans. When Hart was supplanted by Shawn Michaels, Shawn was the up and coming anti-hero with tremendous momentum and crowd support. Because the then WWF had the role of underdog within its war with WCW, the marketing machine decided to go into a different direction. With Hart being booed and losing steam, the WWF threw its went to Shawn Michaels then ultimately Stone Cold Steve Austin. However with John Cena, when faced with the same situation with Randy Orton in the role of Shawn Michaels, the WWE steadfastly stayed with Cena. So my question to the forum is, do you think if the WWE had been not been the underdog would Bret have enjoyed similar success currently being enjoyed by John Cena? And as a follow up question, what potential feuds or storylines do you think would have occurred. This is my first question to the forum so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back