Should WWE bring back the single brand PPV?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Last year, after mania, WWE decided to drop the single brand PPV in order to cut on the number of events on the network and have all the big stars on those show and it pretty much killed off the brand split and piss off some of the lower card wrestlers that weren'T able to get on any PPV anymore. The even had to scramble sometimes to fit all the major stars on a show which lead to some really awful booking at times.

With the rumor going around that Fox really doesn'T want any crossover between the Raw wrestlers and the smackdown wrestlers, i'm thinking that it might be time to bring back the single brand ppv.

I'm not saying to do it the same way they did it when the newest version of the brand split started and have 2 PPV a months. I'm saying keep the 12 ppv schedule as it. Have half of them be dual brand and half of them being single brand. That way the dual brand one will feel more like big events and you will have more time to build up stories and feud for the single brand one

Here the schedule i would use for this

january: Royal rumble(dual brand)
february: Elimination chamber (RAW)
March: Fastlane (SMACKDOWN)
april: Wrestlemania (Dual Brand)
May: Backlash (RAW)
June: Money in the bank (Dual Brand)
july: Extreme Rules (SMACKDOWN)
August: Summerslam (Dual Brand)
september: Hell in a cell (RAW)
October: clash of Champion (Dual Brand)
november: Survivor series (dual Brand)
December: TLC (SMACKDOWN)

So that how i would book the PPV schedule if i was WWE. You need to find a way to create stars or at less give them exposure on the network and on tv and i feel like if you give them more time to build toward a PPV, the feuds my not feel so rush all the time.

I think that the MITB ppv should have 2 MITB matches, one for each brand like before. Hell in a Cell should be a dual brand and the Elimination Chamber ppv

The single-brand PPVs have always been an excellent idea, but Vince hates them because he can't stand his top RAW guys not being on every show. He deliberately underpromotes SmackDown and does everything possible to sabotage it and call it the B show, then points the finger at them and blames SmackDown for when PPV buyrates fall.

I think that the MITB ppv should have 2 MITB matches, one for each brand like before. Hell in a Cell should be a dual brand and the Elimination Chamber ppv
The problem with that is that you always have to rush one of the cash in because they don't want 2 people holding the MITB briefcase, that's why i feel since they are already doing 2 MITB match and one of the briefcase holders will have a rush cash in, why not stick with what they have right now which is one briefcase for the guys and the girls.

I'd rather have a standard PPV return to replace MITB. If the money in the bank ladder match isn't the focal point of the event (which honestly it never has and never will be), then why name the whole event after it? I'd rather move it to Wrestlemania and replace the pointless battle royals, which themselves replaced these MITB matches.

Instead of the June ppv being a standard card, why not bring back the King of the Ring tournament. That way you keep the variety going, but you don't over extend yourself with buildup that doesn't feel too light.

I think the PPV setup should stay with both brands. The old problem with the single branded PPV's was repeat matches from mid card talent that made the show somewhat of a snoozefest at times. The rosters have the weekly TV shows to get over and prove their merit to have a PPV match in my opinion.

I definitely want the single brand pay per view format to return. It offers opportunity on pay per view for wrestlers who might never get such a chance on the current format. They should do a Big Six. The original Big 4 alongside Money In The Bank and Night Of Champions (NO NON-TITLE MATCHES) with each having an NXT Takeover that weekend. The remaining 6 months would see 3 Raw only shows and 3 Smackdown only shows. It's better to me than seeing mostly the same people on pay per view each month.

No. The buyrate is significantly lower when it's a single brand and WWE is in the money making business.

No. The buyrate is significantly lower when it's a single brand and WWE is in the money making business.

The buyrate is lower, which is bad in the short term, but the single-brand PPVs are one of the best ways to build new stars, which is good in the long term. WWE's problem is that they're always thinking short term and not long term.

It's really confusing how they did the brand split, did the draft, and then just went back to dual branded ppvs. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the brand split? However I do feel like when the ppvs were single branded, there were way too many events and the rosters weren't really deep enough to make for a good ppv card every month. There's too many championships in WWE thsee days also. For starters, there should only be one set of tag team titles. Look at the Raw tag team division. It's not even worthy of having a champion at the moment.

I think we need to look at the combined brand PPV with a more holistic business sense. The reason why it was combined in the first place is because Smackdown is too weak a pull a full-8 matches card on its show. It will look like a joke with weak ticket sales, empty seats and this will inadvertently damage the brand value and advertiser confidence.

However, to mitigate this idea. the creatives can reach a mid point here. Perhaps hold an annual or bi-annual RAW and Smackdown exclusive PPV. That would draw more eyes due to its exclusivity plus lower down business risk in terms of results.

I thought having two briefcases for the men cheapened it a bit. Just made it seem a bit less special. Besides they always seemed to rush one of the cash ins anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back