Should WWE be incoporating more City-specific themes/packages into their shows?

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
As a goodwill gesture to all the cities that WWE visits, I wonder if this is something that may give some of the individual shows out there a more unique feel.

On Raw in New York last week, they incorporated this video into the broadcast, which was "Empire State of Mind" sung by Jay Z and Alicia Keys .... and this special video package tailored to previous WWE events done exclusively at the Garden.

[YOUTUBE]wxwdLJHf1LE[/YOUTUBE]

Great song, btw.

In the past (going back to the early 90's), I noticed that they would have their announcers do some dressing up ... such as if they were in Hershey, PA ... the announcers wore Hershey Kisses hats on their hard throughout the broadcast.

Or when they were in Wisconsin, Jesse Ventura would deck himself out in a Cheese Head hat along with "Pro Wisconsin" attire.

I am just wondering if little things like this make a difference in the perception of the fans in some of these cities, that WWE is reaching out to them ... if they enjoy the little things like this, if it makes the fans feel special, etc. if WWE would focus on doing some more city-specific material (and I'm not just talking about a casual "Hello, Insert City" from the talent).

Would you like to see things like video packages put together from past events from your specific arena (like they did in NY) ... and/or superstars doing more to reach out to the audiences of these cities? Would it make the show more interesting for the live crowd and get them to come off better on TV?

I think it would be a nice thing to do, and make each episode feel like something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back