Should The Undertaker's Streak be ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I honestly wanted the streak to end was WM-X7 when he fought Thrple H. Maby its just me but given the way they built that match, with Triple H claming to have beaten everyone there was to beat only to have Taker come out and say "you never beat the deadman, and if you try me Ill make you famous". Then all the encounters they had leading up to the actual match, it just felt like Triple H could pull it off. As history show's us that didnt happen. Since then no one he has faced has really felt like they had a chance to end the streak. Out of everyone Taker has faced at WM since the only person that I feel was deserving of beating him at Mania was Orton. And if the streak were to end he is one of the few people that I think would benifit from it and have it be a fitting end to the streak. Reason being is like it or not Randy Orton is the future of the WWE. He is there to stay, he is still young, and he can actually wrestle a decent match. Sure Cena the "face" of WWE but seriously does anyone think that Cena could hold such a high profile match and keep the audience intrested the whole time?

The only people in WWE right now that I think could hold a match with Taker at WM and have it be both entertaining and a fitting end to the streak are Orton, CM Punk, or Edge ( if when he comes back he is able to stay healthy enough to have a career that spans past the next couple years.) At this point they are the only ones that I feel could end the streak the way it should be ended. Punk and Orton are going to be a staple in WWE for years to come and Edge as long as he doesnt have too many more serious injuries, would be the most deserving to end the streak then use it as a way to really cement the fact that he is a big player in WWE.

All that said I think Taker should remain undefeated at WM. Have him go 20-0 at WM, anyone that says it would be a pointless statistic dosent realize that this isnt a streak that is meant to be broken, no one will ever again win EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY WRESTLE AT WRESTLEMANIA, let alone as it is now 17 times. So I say let him get to 20-0 then at Survivor Series 2011, given he doesnt miss any WM's, then put him in the main event at SS and have that be his retirement match. The mistique of the streak stays intact, and Taker can go out at the same event that spawned his legacy.

This thread comes up a lot and my opinion hasn't changed on it at all. You have to end the streak at some point, it's the obvious choice. If you want to wait until Taker's last WM, fine, but he shouldn't retire with the streak. What good would that do? He'll go down as one of the best ever regardless of whether or not the streak stays intact. By not doing anything with the streak, the WWE misses out on a HUGE oppurtunity.

First of all, the obvious thing is that it'll put someone over. Sure, this may be overrated, but it still has an affect. Jericho and Kane have been able to be regarded as main event threats throughout their career due to beating the Rock and Austin in one night and being a former world champion, even for only a day. Just one match can have a huge impact on a wrestler's career, none more so than beating Taker at WM.

Also, this would simply be a huge deal that'd get a lot of attention. Can you imagine the shock and discussion that Taker losing would generate? I'm not sure what the fans in attendance would do if this happened, it'd simply be mind boggling.

As for who should beat Taker, I don't think Cena is the guy. He already is the bondafide top guy, I don't see why he'd need to beat Taker. Plus, it'd just make the people angry for Cena being pushed down our throats even more hostile.

I know I said Swagger should be the guy awhile back, but that doesn't look too promising now. If this were to happen, it'd probably be a couple of years down the road, so I think that Taker's opponent may not even be in the WWE yet. However, if I were forced to choose, I think I'd go with Miz, it just feels right.

But will the streak really be remembered? No.

Of course it will, they'll probably slip it into every video package at the beginning of Mania.

Remix said:
It would be worthless if he kept it because him retiring with the streak would mean nobody gets anything out of it. It's like retiring as WHC of a fixed sport, which you've held for years. Yeah, you look invincible but who else benifits from it?

Riddle me this. What was your reaction to Trish Stratus retiring as the Women's Champion? Sure she hadn't held it for years, but it's the most similar example i can think of. And don't say 'I don't care about women's wrestling, because if you saw it, you must have had some kind of response.

Rich the UK WWE Fan said:
From a personal viewpoint, if there's one new up and comer who I'd like to face Mark Calloway and possibly even beat him at Wrestlemania, it would have to be Drew McIntyre, after all he is the "Chosen One" (then again so was Jeff Jarrett in WCW and he's doing next to nothing in TNA now) and he's also from the UK (granted it's Scotland but last time I checked, Scotland is still part of the UK), not sure what the International reaction would be to Taker losing to a non-American would be though.

Wouldn't happen in a trillion years. Great idea, wish it'd happen, but won't. No way. They're not wild about having World titles change hands anywhere but the US (with the occassional title change in Canada), so the chances of a foreign nobody up and beating one of the cornerstones of the company, who has helped shape WWE into what it is today, are not particularly promising.

First off, let me say this. Every now and again, you see someone in the crowd holding a sign that reads, 'IF (insert wrestler) WINS/LOSES, WE RIOT! We see it, and have a giggle at the concept, and think back to ONS when it happened the first time etc. Well, if John Cena does in fact beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, while half the audience finishes their collectice orgasms, the other (and i'm going to assume) LARGER half of the audience will rush the ring, and there'll be sudden technical difficulties right at the end of 'Mania, and we'll all be online wondering what the fuck just happened.

I'm not saying that Cena shouldn't do it, because it's Cena (although i'd probably be clearing up a lot glass and blood shortly afterward, should it happen), i'm just saying that's what would probably happen.

I agree with the conflicted posters on this site that think that uber-pushes are a good idea, but is is there anyway to do it without ruining the mid-carders career almost immediately due to white heat (because ya know, they don't get that it's not up to him), plus tarnishing Taker's only real shining achievement in his 20 year legacy.

Those who've actually read my posts and know I'm a Taker mark, won;t be surprised to hear me say, that it shouldn't end. I too, can't really believe that any of the current ME'ers could ACTUALLY defeat the Undertaker, unless it was some stupid swerve, run-in bullshit that would probably have worse consequences than Cena winning. It's more laughable than Friday's title match. Like i think Rey Mysterio is going to beat the Undertaker for the World title, on SD no less! It's an iffy call, because while Mysterio should get flattened in about 30 seconds, it's Christmas, and Cena lost last week so they might pull a stupid swerve, just for the kids will go happy after a trip to Vince McMahon's squeaky clean, PG, bubble wrapped, wrestling promotion.

-Hogan founded Wrestlemania, and even if he shot Vince in the face, they'd STILL have him in the WM video packages slamming Andre.
-Ric Flair is a 16x World Heavyweight champion(once with them), a feat that'll (hopefully) never be duplicated.
-HBK defeated Bret Hart in the 60 minute Iron Man Match at WM, founded DX, and innovated shed loads of everything throughout the '90's
-Austin delivered his KOTR speech, won a fuck load of titles, had the fued of the Attitude Era, and won 3 Royal Rumbles (a streak they won't forget)
-Foley flew off the Cell, plus many other great memories. People will forget this TNA stuff and remember that moment.
-Big Show is the only man to hold the WCW, WWE and ECW title
-HHH is the closest to surpassing Flair and is married to the boss' daughter.
-Kurt Angle won everything but the tag titles in 1 year.
-Until Mickie James surpasses it, Trish Stratus holds the record for Women's Title reigns, and probably the hottest Diva they've ever had.
-Jericho is the first Undisputed Champion
-Orton's the youngest Champion ever (although that could always change)

I listed these accolades because these are all career defining moments that these wrestlers had ensure that they'd be remembered forever by wrestling fans and more importantly, that WWE will still bother to acknowledge them 5 years after they're gone.

So why can't Taker go undefeated at Wrestlemania? 5 years from now 'Buried Alive' and Casket matches will be a fading memory in WWE. All Taker's title reigns have just about been long enough for him to keep the belt warm for the next guy.

A lot of people think it'd be selfish on his part and a wasted opportunity for someone else. I think that it'd take a damn miracle to pull it off without whoever it is having to get used to deafening boo's for the next however many years, with maybe a 'You Suck' chant to go with his theme music (God, i miss that). I simply don't have faith in WWE not to try it it and fuck it up completely. The Invasion angle was crap, the brand split forced us all to accept a new way of doing things we didn't really like, ECW became a joke once they fired all the old talent, although they've recovered it nicely, and now they're they've turned PG. I really don't expect them to end Taker's streak in a manner that ANYBODY would think was appropriate, other then fans who accept what they see on TV and ask nothing more.

The man deservers something for all he's done. He may have beaten a long list of nobodies and train wrecks but from #10 onwards he's mostly had great matches. Let him go out on a high. Right now he's watching guys who he first met as rookies, surpass him in title reigns and TV time on a monthly basis, so let him have his streak.

We'd all love to have Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania.. why? Because we've never seen it before.

Perfect example was Kane being unmasked. Nobody have ever seen Kane unmasked by WWE.. it was huge and everybody wanted to see it because it would be new.. and now (and for some time now)? Everbody thinks Kane was better with the mask etc etc.

This would play out exactly the same.. it would be huge.. possibly one of the biggest things to happen in the WWE for a long time.. and we would love it.. however eventually we would regret that Undertaker lost.. Guarenteed.

This wouldn't do anybody any favours. Having Taker lose to a new face, fresh talent and up coming superstar is crazy! Why ruin a wrestlemania tradition with someone who isnt' a star yet and possibly may never be?

This then leaves the only guys to do it, if this was to happen, is our top guys. BUT they don't need this. Guys like HHH just doesn't need this for them.. its the type of greed where you have too much and you feel physically sick.

There are guys out there who i can see this happening with though, although they wouldn't be a blockbuster mainevent.

People moan but i think Kane. Kane is one of the only superstars who have a decent and worth while storyline with Undertaker and this will always remain. Having the Undertaker lose to Kane wouldnt be a passing of the torch.. it would just be another page in their fued but does this need to happen? Does the Undertaker need to lose?

We all buy in to Undertaker's Mania matches (and so we should ) however we all know the outcome.. no matter who he faces.

I think Undertakers WrestleMania streak is just something to big to end, i don't think there is or ever will be a superstar bigger than the streak or worthy enough.

Everyone will regret this happening if he lost.. it's the only thing Undertaker can keep to his name other than a title.

Just for starters the streak lives!!!! No if, ands, or butt's. The streak lives forever!!! There is no good argument that you can make, no angle you can create, no greater good you can mention to justify the ending of the streak. It's the greatest record you could ever have. Records like Ric Flair's 16 title reigns wither away into dust, and float off into the wind taking on less and less importance standing next to the Wrestlemania streak of the Undertaker.

One of the main reasons, is because it will probably never be duplicated. The odds are astronomical. You would have to have a guy you knew was going to be with the company almost or at least 20 years, plan it from the start, and find a way to keep that one guy as relevant as the Undertaker has been for this amount of time, all the while keeping him undefeated at Wrestlemania for that entire time, credibly. Not to mention you'd have to keep him healthy that long which brings it's own challenges. The problem is, that you're never going to get another Undertaker, just like you'll never get another Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Rock, Kane, Foley, Triple H, Hogan and so on. They are characters you can not recreate, and they all come from a time that will never be duplicated or reincarnated.

There have been a ton of arguments made as to why and why not to end the streak. I personally don't think there have been any made that were strong enough by any stretch to substantiate a plausible cause to ending it. I also think it has been made horribly obvious why it should stand, and that you shouldn't even need to negotiate it. It has been said a couple times already in this thread, and I am going to say it again; If and when it does happen, you won't feel good about it. It won't feel right, and you'll wish it never did. Whether you believe that or not right now is irrelevant. I assure you, when you are honest with yourself, you know it won't feel right, and you know you will regret it.

The argument has been made multiple times in this thread that for one reason or another the streak should be ended to elevate someone else. In opposition to that people have said it wouldn't be worth it, it won't have a lasting effect, essentially ruining the streak in vain.

While both sides make their points, and counter back and fourth I must ask you to take a second away from that, and place yourself in that moment. Think about it. Not who it would be. I don't think that matters as much. But put yourself there at Wrestlemania or watching it on pay-per-view. The Undertaker comes out in traditional fashion. The lights, the fog, the lightning, the music. The Undertaker is wrestling one of the best matches you've ever seen, arguably on of the best matches of his career. He does it all. He flies over the top rope, walks the ropes, sits up from a devastating move, big boot, flying clothesline, chokeslam, tombstone everything. Then suddenly, his opponent recovers, and things start to go wrong. The Undertaker is reeling, he's fighting back with all the power he can draw from the dark side, back-and-forth-back-and-fourth. It looks like a stalemate for the moment as the two combatants are fighting for ground, neither man giving and inch. But The Undertaker is visibly slowing now, he's tiring, you can see the will to fight leaving him with every move. His opponent turns the tide, the Undertaker is on the defensive, doing all he can to avoid the brutal attack of his deadly foe, but he goes to the ground like a pile of bricks falling out of a potato sack under a barrage of punches, kicks, slams, and submissions . His opponent lifts him to his feet, and in an act of arrogance taunts the staggering Undertaker as he revels in his certain success as he signals for his finishing move. Your heart is pounding because it looks like the end, but you know the Undertaker is going to win because the streak can't end. Undertaker has to do something, because this couldn't be the end, not yet, the Undertaker must win!! Your eyes are seeing what is happening, but your mind isn't certain. Then after the opponent lands his finisher, and the Undertaker lays on the mat, the opponent turns over the broken body of the Undertaker, and pins it with his own.
all you hear is..........1................2.......... You then wait for the shoulder to rise, for the split second where the Undertaker gives you that last bit of hope, where he comes back to win it all but.......3......the bells rings......................
And it's all over.
How do you feel ?
Tell the truth, it's ok. I don't think any point be made further.......... But you know me, I will anyways.

What good really comes from that ??? The win wouldn't really do anything in the long run for the guy who got it, and I think we can all be assured of that when we really ask ourselves. No up and comer, no show stopper, no game, no legend killer, or anything else will be any more what they were for beating the Undertaker and ending the single greatest streak, breaking the greatest record, in wrestling history. Sure, we could say the novelty would give someone some real hype for an undisclosed amount of time, but what really would be accomplished? Nothing. Instead the legacy that has been built, and the prestige that has been earned over the course of a career spanning across 3 decades would all be for nothing in a matter of seconds. How could you cheer that? How could you accept it? It wouldn't seem right.

There is one, and I mean only one way I could ever see it happening, and it would be at the Undertakers decision. The only way I see it ending is if the Undertaker loses to Shawn Michaels. Now I am sure you are wondering, why would that be the only way, and how would that be the Undertakers doing. Let me explain.

Shawn Michaels is the only wrestler in the company with more time in the company, as big a character, and as big a fan base, with as much greatness to their legacy. In an act of respect, as a tribute and a homage to Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker may lose to Shawn Michaels and voluntarily end the streak, in Shawn Michaels last match at Wrestlemania. That is the only way I could see it happening. The Undertaker would have to do it, to honor someone greater than himself, or at least as great as himself, and that would be Shawn Michaels. He would do it as the ultimate sign of respect, to give someone who has meant as much or more to the business as himself, the honor of ending that streak. That is the only way it would mean anything in the end. It would have to be Shawn Michaels' last match.

I don't think that there is any other alternative, besides allowing the streak to stay intact. It means too much, and the Undertaker deserves to keep it unless he decides otherwise and wants to use it to do something special for someone else. As I mentioned earlier, no one else will ever come close to doing what this one man has done in his long career, storyline or not. There is something about that to be honored, and to be cherished. It's not like someone winning their umpteenth title, or being the youngest or oldest to this or that, or the only one to win this many titles in this many companies, it's much greater than all that. I think it is easy to forget how much has went into it over time, and how special that really is, which means it's also very easy to take for granted.

When the dust settles, and all the wrestlers now have come and gone from the business. When people look back at the all time greats they are going to look back at the Undertaker, and his Wrestlemania streak. How many wins will it be? I'd like to see 20 if he can stay healthy enough to keep giving us quality matches like the last one with Shawn Michaels. If not, 18 or 19 is fine. If that's as far as he wants to go, so be it, that man has earned it, and I mean you have to look at him as a man for that one.

He has given us the majority of his life, his body, and his hard work. Sure, we've cheered him all this time, and we've bought the merchandise, and bought the tickets. But without him, many of us wouldn't cheer for someone all the time, or always but someones merchandise, or pay for that ticket every time to see that one person. We need to be ok with whatever he decides is right for the Undertaker, as a man. He has given us arguably the greatest character and greatest wrestlers of all time. Whatever he wants to do, is what should be done. Not what a bunch of people in a forum think, not what a board of writers thinks, or even what Vince McMahon thinks. It should all be up to Mark Callaway to decide if and when the streak ends. He has earned it, and we should respect that.

Don't f with the streak!!! Obviously wwe has massive amounts of love for the 1 n 1 of the only guys to not b a ship jumper. Wwe creative I feel is going to need 2 dip into that bag of tricks for a ratings boost if tna gets too big and they will have the streak ended. Jus an opinion.... I hope it does not play out like that. Undertaker is the most respected superstar of all time..... Maybe its kuz bak n r day he scared the shit outta u so u had no choice 2 love him

i personally would like HBK to end the streak..as of now, i dont think theres anyone credible enough except for him nd maybe trips.. and yes, the reason it should end is for the simple fact that "streaks are meant to b broken".. yeah.. jst think, what good would it do if the UT retired with the streak... no doubt he will b remembered as the phenom and all that stuff, but jst think, UTs gimmick does'nt allow for a nice little emotional send off like ric flair's, someone breaks the streak, nd he retires.... coz thats a feat noone can even think of achieving, i basically think an end to the streak will b the thing putting an end to his career as well... its bound to happen
plus, WMs hav always provided great moments( i dont need to mention) that u are bound to remember forever... nd this would def be the biggest of them all...UTs streak is something we have seen for the past years... nd not breaking it wont be anything new..
someone brought up the point of the streak being in every WM video package to come...but i think that the moment when it is broken would b bigger than the streak itself..nd that would def feature there..
as for this WM, i hav a feeling that if ti s HBK( and no bret involved) it has got to b it... as he is facing him for the second straight WM(i jst hope he will)..UT has had a lengthy title reign.. nd all this jst point towards the fact that his careers coming to an end.
thus, HBK shuld be the one to end it not because he needs it, but because this is going to b a legendary moment tht evry1 is bound to remembr for decades to come..

Well, I am biased as a Taker fan but hear me out on this one please.

The streak should not end, will the streak be remembered? Yes, why? because only one man was able to pull it off. Should Cena beat Taker? Hell no, he has done that before, yes, never at the big dance but there is no need to try to boost Cena more that he already is, besides even if some are happy with it most people won't and proof of that is that every up man has fallen not to the streak itself, but to the fans who has heavely boo everyone who has tried to ended. The closer one was Shawn and not even him should ended in a rematch because that WM is Taker's playground and will be until he retires, which also brings another point, why he has to retire at Wrestlemania? why not at the PPV he debuted on (Survivor Series)? It seems like everyone want the Man to retire after losing at Wrestlemania and retirement and losing are not bonded as many may think.

Now, if Taker's Streak is going to end I thing he won't had a problem with it, he never had before, but at least for me it won't be right specially if you throw the following names in:

HHH: What for? so he is the only one allowed to make history in the Wrestling world? He has recetly become Unified tag champ, 13 time World champ (and soon at some point to break Ric's record) had a title made specially for him since the Brand split, has defeated everyone in the WWE at some point and besides that, he was put over cleanly at No way out last year by none other than The Undertaker.

HBK: With a rematch at hand sure it seems possible, but that is not really how it really happened, A decade or so (1997) Taker put over Shawn time and time again, and never got anything back or even requested it, they even pointed it out during their feud towards WM 25. That victory was a thank you for putting so much effort into make HBK the most hated champion there was. Taker's reing has barely pased the 2 moth mark so lengthy is not really a way to call it, more now that he might not finish with the belt after the Rumble.

Cena: This man ghas been put over by everyone, included Taker, The only man in the main even he has not defeated is Batista, now if Batista can stay healty long enough probably he will put him over too, that won't make him any more over than he already is.

Orton: Someone else that does not need that at all since he already defeated the Undertaker too, maybe not at WM but he did it and even burned the coffin after a casket match with Taker inside.

Kane: probably would have been nice back then if Kane himself dind't back out from that, Taker wanted him to win at WM 20, but Kane didn't wanted to mess with it saying that the Streak was part of a legacy.

Now you can throw a bunch of names in if you will but lets be honest, even if Taker Retires (that probably won't be at WM), what would be nicer to hear, "he was impresive and has been the only man undefeated at Wrestlemania with an 19-0 record" or "well is the only man to get to a 18-1 record"? that 1 in loses sucks.

Besides, is not like he main evented in every one of them, even when his matches were bigger than others he always let the main events for others. Like I said, last year his match wa so big, that it didn't needed a championship, so why not put over cleanly the guy that was to become champion and main event the event? He did and put Hunter over like none has never....never...put Hunter over before, did Austin did it? No (Not even on the Three Stages of Hell), did the Rock did it? No because they were pretty much at the same status back in the day Did Shawn did it? Only really until his later days and they were back and forth, the only guy you can compare in this department was Mick Foley and sorry but foley does not get near Taker on legendary status.

So for me, No the streak should not end, if Taker is to lose his last match that match also should be at Survivor Series and not at Mania, who ever gets over with it, Dod Brock needed his HIAC match to be at Mania? No, it was a secondary PPV and it was one of his biggest win ever. Did Austin needed his win At Mania? No, He won't at Smmerslam and eventhough he was a big thing, that made him even bigger. When Taker loses it means something big, does not matter the event, so I would love for the streak to continue and he can put anyone over on the other 11 months of the year.

Plain and simply no. There are very few superstars in the WWE that have something that nobody else has. Undertaker is one of those superstars and that something is the undefeated streak. Nobody should beat him at Wrestlemania, not HBK, not Cena, not a young superstar. Taker should end his career with a undefeated streak.

Ending the streak is seriously the wrong thing to do at this moment in time. Especially if its to try and put someone over, it just wouldnt be right.

The only real person that could end the streak would be Cena at this moment but if the WWE really wanted to boost someone they would at least let the taker keep his streak then let whoever he faces beat him up after the match.

But the ideal way is to let The Undertaker keep the streak, in my opinion.

The Undertaker should not have his streak end. However, the WWE has done a good job doing things that should never be done. Look at Linda McMahon. She should never have turned heel. It was not part of her character at all. So they turned her heel (even if it was brief).

In addition, there should be some things that they can talk about regarding Wrestlemania decades later. Hogan bodyslamming Andre. The Iron Man match. The beginning of the Austin Era. The Streak. It fits in there.

HBK is probably the most likely option to end the streak now. HBK has that aura around him and that "can-do" ability. However, from an accomplishment stand point, HBK gets another feather in his cap while Undertaker loses something that is truly unique. This isn't like a world title reign here. This is something that has gone on for YEARS.

You said it dude & totally agree, Takers Streak should stay intact. If HBK/Taker happens then likely the streak is dead cause don't see HBK losing twice to Taker. Unless by chance HBK is retiring after Mania but it was mentioned in the wwe news some couple of months ago I remember that Shawn could still have possibly a couple years left in him & theres been no news lurking around telling that he's retiring this year. With all that said, there is still hope. After watching (Tyson's) RAW, then come next week hopefully its John Cena to the rescue.

Ending it would be a terrible thing..it should really not be touch. It is a great thing and something Taker would be remembered by..imo it is not a case of streak meant to be broken.

However, I`m pretty sure it will end this year. I don`t see Michaels loosing 2 straight wrestlemanias vs. Taker. I for one am not that hyped about the match either. Last year was historical and unforgettable, imo one of the top Wrestlemania match ever...I don`t see them being able to put on such a show again.

In all honesty no the streak should not end. But taker has asked kane many a times to end the streak and kane simply has told taker no he doesnt want to be the one to end it. so id say let people keep challanging Taker for the Streak and the more the people step up to End the streak they dont. Let taker retire undefeated. will there ever be another streak that can compare to takers Mania streak. I highly Doubt it

I don't think that the Undertaker's streak should be broken until hes ready to retire. Here's what I want to happen with it.

Undertaker takes a newer guy under his wing, the person takes a similar gimmick. Than around Royal Rumble time, the "apprentice" attacks Undertaker, and goes on to meet him at wrestlemania. Under the condition, if he ends the streak, he ends Taker's career.

Otherwise, I don't think so. It's one of the biggest feats. in wrestling history.

no way to ending the streak, the undertaker, is THE MAN, he has been there the longest, and he is the head locker room leader, he must go out on top, cena has already been pushed hard enough, with his dam commercials, orton is on a push now because of hhh, and punk is getting pushed now, because edge is not there right now. so lets say this person beats taker then what. we are going to have the announcers say "he was the one that gave taker his loss at mania." that is going to be pretty annoying

I really think ending Taker's streak would be a terrible decision. The streak is Taker's big achievment, when you think about. He has been world champion, wwe/wwf champion. He has won the Royal Rumble. He competed in the first (and best) Hell In A Cell. But those are things a lot of other people have done as well. This will be his claim to fame long after he is gone and retired. between Hogan, Warrior, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, etc., he was never been the biggest superstar of an era. I think this will turn out to be a HUGE part of his legacy, and I can't see a reason to end it.

For those of you who say he needs to give another guy a big push by losing at Mania, you are NUTS! John Cena doesn't need it, and besides, fans would reject it BIG TIME. Orton, Jericho, Punk, etc. etc. are over enough, they don't need to beat him at Mania. This guy has put over more people than anyone I can think of. I think they need to give him something (this streak) that is all his own. Something hopefully no one will ever touch.

I don't think Undertaker should ever lose at WrestleMania. It should be his legacy that he leaves behind and his reward for all the loyalty he has shown Vince McMahon and WWE during his career. I believe he should end it at 20-0.

I find it hilarious that the reason you have for many of the proposed wrestlers to end the streak is "no, it would be another feather in the cap". As if The Undertaker isn't wearing the biggest Indian headdress ever at this point. If you are going to come up with excuses for him not to lose you are going to have to work harder than that because the man has accomplished more than almost anyone and he certainly doesn't lose cleanly with any sort of regularity.

And for the record, if anyone does end that stupid streak it certainly should be HBK, HHH or to a lesser extent Cena because you are talking about 3 men who bleed for the WWE and have ALWAYS been faithful to the company exactly like Undertaker.

I personally don't want to see the streak end, but if it had to I'd like someone who could do something with the rub he would be given by beating him. Having HBK beat him would be a terrible decision considering that HBK will also be retiring soon. Having someone like John Morrison beat him would give him a rub that would help jump start him into the main event. Ending the streak really isn't a good idea to me, but a young guy is really the only smart way to go with ending it.

It depends on the wrestler that would beat him and how they build it.

Stories are stories. I can understand why some people wouldn't want it to end. However, if someone did end it, and the story makes sense and it was well told and obviously Taker would be fine with it (otherwise, he wouldn't do it), then why not.

Right now, there is no way in hell that the Undertaker's streak should end. Personally, I believe that the Undertaker should retire with the streak intact. He's done so much and meant so much to the WWE, and he has a ton of respect from the boys, if the streak is ended, it should be because Taker decides its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back