The Miz - The Streak Begins?

THEpapachamp

YOUR POST IS GONNA GET GOT!!!
The Miz is 2-0 at Wrestlemania!

I only recall this because of a promo he did last year after Wrestlemania claiming he was only 17 wins away from beating Undertaker's streak.

With The Miz being groomed into the next "People's Champ"..

& With Undertaker looking as if he won't even make it to another Wrestlemania.

Could The Streak be reborn in The Miz?

You Thoughts?

Good lord I hope not. How prestigious is the streak? The streak has become more relevant to Wrestlemania than any title match there. The streak is something that should never be ended or even duplicated. Having two men that successful at Wrestlemania would just make the streak seem less valuable. Besides, The Undertaker's character fits the streak perfectly while The Miz's gimmick does not. The streak is just too valuable to do a second time and therefore, the WWE should not try and redo the streak with anyone.

No. I'm not a mark for the guy but I think even if you ask anyone who is they'll agree. Undertaker is able to carry the streak by pulling out performances like the one at mania last night, what has Miz got that would allow him to do the same thing? He hasn't got as much as taker and that's all that matters.

I know how like WWE ignoring things....it's what they do...but didn't he technically lose to the Colons at Mania 25 for the unified tag team titles.....I mean I know it was technically a dark match but it was advertised and actually had a storyline built around it but was thrown off the main card a la Bryan vs Sheamus. Does anyone else think this ought to count as a loss?

no it will not be. i dont think it would work.... plus i agree with A-Zone. The Miz technically did lose to The Colons at WrestleMania 25, even though it was a dark match. It should count as a loss.... It annoys me when they say he is undefeated...

I hope you are asking this question sarcastically. There is no way in hell The Miz will go undefeated for his career at Wrestlemania. That would be an incredible insult to the Undertaker, as The Miz is nowhere near his league. Really, I hope this was not a serious question. If it was, you need to re-evaluate your life and where it is heading.

I think it could work great actually.. The very opposite of Undertaker, having the entire crowd hoping the streak breaks instead of continuing.

Could be the greatest heel move for the next decade..

& If it was a dark match, the WWE won't acknowledge it on television. Just like this didn't acknowledge that there was no Sheamus vs Bryan match (Even tho there was and Great Khali won?)

I'm just stating facts.. lol, Miz has been being groomed as the next big star, I mean the man did just get a victory of John Cena at Wrestlemania

Lol but let's consider exactly HOW Miz retained the title....It shows how much faith Vince McMahon has in making the Miz the FACE of the company if firstly he only manages a draw and then that's followed up by the rock having to beat down Cena in order for the Miz to get the win....oooh yeah what a BIG STAR they're making him out to be!

But yeah The Streak is the Undertaker's thing and as many commentators have said and will say....only HE can do it and make it seem believable. It's HIS legacy....you can't give a legend's legacy to the Miz as a gimmick.

His loss to the Colons at 25 does count. For the simple fact that it was taped and it's on the DVD of Mania 25. Not to mention they advertised it for the show.

Simple answer is no. He and John Morrison lost to the Colons in the match to crown the Undisputed Tag Team Championship back in WM 25. Even though it was a dark match, it was still on Wrestlemania.

Thing about the streak is its been going so long everyone has got wrapped up in it. go back 20 years and do you think people were hyped about taker being 2-0 probably not. in 5 years after the miz has worked his arse off and is 7-0 people will start saying he might deserve to have his own streak, because in 20 years time i doubt any new fans will know taker and any old fans will probably have stopped caring!

I still don't think 25 counts. It was recorded but it wasn't shown on live PPV. Its on the DVD but as in the special features. Its like a deleted scene in a movie. The match happened but wasn't part of the main card. Even The Miz himself stated on Live Raw that he was just 17 wins away to tieing The Undertaker. He wouldn't have said that if 25 counted. He is beingg groomed to be a main eventer, we can all agree about that and he's only 30. In 17 years he'll be around Undertaker's and Shawn Michaels's. It is very possible that he could start a new streak.

Holy fuck it's been 2 matches. 2-0 isn't impressive. Hell, Edge was undefeated for years until people noticed it. And they didn't notice it until a little bit after they noticed Undertaker's streak. Both were unplanned. Miz will eventually lose at Mania. The Streak has only recently become relevant. And Taker is the only person to pull it off as superficial because he is superficial.

There is no-way in hell that the miz will have a prolific streak (in terms of consecutive Victories at WM) like the deadman im not saying that the Miz wont do well at future WM events, i just think the streak is unmatchable and no superstar will ever achieve it.

The Streak will always be associated with the Undertaker. Nobody could pull off another one. People would barf at it.

The Miz is not the right character for such a winning streak. It would have to be someone way more iconic. Right now there is no one who that could be.

I was, however, very happy to see Miz win at Mania. He is a made man now.

The Miz is 2-0 at Wrestlemania!

I only recall this because of a promo he did last year after Wrestlemania claiming he was only 17 wins away from beating Undertaker's streak.

With The Miz being groomed into the next "People's Champ"..

& With Undertaker looking as if he won't even make it to another Wrestlemania.

Could The Streak be reborn in The Miz?

You Thoughts?

Um.....he's 2-1 at Wrestlemania.....

Him and John Morrision lost to primo and carlito at WM 25 in a WWE Tag Team champion unification match.WWE has fucked up big time with that promo last year, just hope someone realises it before he makes another one of them, and don't give me crap about how the tag titles don't mean shit anymore because a lost is still a lost.And the streak is UNDERTAKER'S legacy, its one of the few things that make taker standout as a legend. Not even Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, the Rock, or John Cean(All faces of the WWE/WWF at different times) havn't gone undefatted at mania, why in bloodly hell should the Miz? Plus he needs to last for another 17 years AFTER taker retires to match the streak. This is Undertaker's thing, and it should STAY undertaker's, that's also why NO-ONE should EVER break the streak, the cons far out weigh the pros. But that is a discussion for a different time and topic.So Miz or anyone else should EVER re-invent the streak,it should rest in peace with Taker, unbroken and un matched.

the miz is 2-2 at mania's 24: he lost in the battle royal, 25: loss to the colons, 26: win w/ the big show over morrison and truth, 27:draw w/ Cena then a win against Cena. And they showed the Colons vs Miz and Morrison that night in a re-cap moment filler thing during wrestlemania 25. So no the Miz doesn't have a streak at Mania.

Dark matches don't count. They are dark. The WWE does not count them as a real match. It wasn't on the program. It's like watching the short cartoon before a movie. It just warms up the crowd.

So as far as the WWE is concerned, he is indeed undefeated. But like I said earlier, 2-0 is not impressive.

I'm a huge Miz fan, but I really don't see him staying undefeated at Wrestlemania long. Cena was like 4-0 now he's like 6-2. When Edge started bragging about being undefeated at Wrestlemania he had a 4 year losing streak until this year. The streak is something that is for Undertaker that separates him from the other greats. Mr. Wrestlemania himself HBK has a losing record. Even HHH has a less than stellar record on the grandest stage of them all. The Miz will have a great career, he will just have to find another way to leave his legacy.

Miz isn't undefeated.. like everyone has said, he lost at WM 25 in a tag match.. i would normally say it doesn't count because it's a dark match, but tag titles were involved, they lost their titles to the Colons, so since a title was involved and changed hands, I'd say that loss counts :)

i dont think they should do another streak. i will reiterate that the hhh/taker match was not good last night. i dont know what match everybody else was watching. everybody who i watched it with and have talked to thought the match was a piece of crap. i personally think the taker is below average wrestler and it seems like everybody loves him. somebody said "the streak" is because of performances from last night. apparently laying in the ring doing one move every 75 seconds for the last 10 minutes of the match is "a great performance."
undertaker is a great character, not a great wrestler. i cant wait until he retires and i guess until then i will have to take my bathroom break during the taker's 1 1/2 star classics.

Miz isn't undefeated.. like everyone has said, he lost at WM 25 in a tag match.. i would normally say it doesn't count because it's a dark match, but tag titles were involved, they lost their titles to the Colons, so since a title was involved and changed hands, I'd say that loss counts :)

You can't have it both ways. Dark matches are either counted or not, it doesn't matter if there is a title involved or not. If dark matches count then the Miz is 2-2 because at 24 he was in a 1st contender's battle-royal and also his tag title match at 25.
But if you don't count them then he is 2-0, I'm actually seeing all of this as a personal preference to the fans because I've looked and there hasn't been any official word on wether dark matches count or not, besides The Miz's promo last year. So personally for me I think he is 2-0. There's no denying that those first two matches happend but they weren't part of the actual event card.

People, Miz is undefeated at WrestleMania. Dark matches have never counted as part of the show. For example, I paid $55 for mania on Sunday but I didn't see the battle royal. Do you consider dark matches that happen on Monday to be a part of Raw? Even if you disagree for the sake of this thread let's say Miz is undefeated at mania. We don't need the same response repeated over and over about how he lost at WM25. That doesn't really add to the discussion. WWE can easily spin it that Miz is undefeated even if you don't agree. Miz already referenced being undefeated at mania before WM27 happened.

I don't see it going anywhere long term. In order for it to really matter Miz will have to go undefeated for severl more years and I doubt WWE is going to have that kind of commitment to him. He can mention it just for some heel heat until he loses but I doubt WWE will intenionally keep him undefeated for any real purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back