Should Kane Get Another World Title Reign?

RH23

Getting Noticed By Management
So the other day I was on youtube and I watched his one night as the WWE champion. Paul Bearer and Kane got a lot of heat that night and I was disappointed that he only got the title for one night. I'm pretty sure that in a couple of years Kane is going to retire.

So my question is do you think Kane should get another world title reign?

here's the videos of his one night as champion:

[youtube]2iKcC3ZlKG0[/youtube]

[youtube]S8ZakkCbcQw[/youtube]

[youtube]wfo2hCPAfUg[/youtube]

No i really dont because right now hes i feel like hes being stuck in the mid card section. .Right now what they should do with him is send him off to e.c.w that would give some new fueds and may help push some new talent coming in and give some credibility to the show. Maybe he could go to e.c.w and get an actual title reign their and make it mean something but he hasnt done anything that i can really remember beside holding the e.c.w for that stint that he did. Other then that what has he done? lets face it e.c.w seems to be the place where new people come to grow and the old people go to retire.
NOW THATS FUEL FOR YOUR MIND

I always thought that Kane should get another World Title reign. I hear that he says that he doesn't want the spotlight all up on him and wants to put over the young talent, but do you really think that he's felt that way his whole career? His 24-hour title reign was an insult to everything that Glen Jacobs stood for. It's 11 years later and he hasn't had a single other World title reign since (except if you classify the ECW Championship as a World Title). He is on Smackdown and the main event scene on SD! is not too full, so the name value of Kane could easily help him be World Champion. But WWE doesn't like giving Kane many pushes. If he doesn't win the World Championship, he still deserves to atleast be in the World Title scene.

Yeah, he definetly should. They could totally amp his character up literally over night back to the sick bastard he used to be and people would buy it as legit because he's played that character before. Monster heels who come in fresh nowadays and act like that (e.g. Snitsky, Heidenrich etc.. - ok, they were a couple of years ago) generally aren't seen as legit monsters because no one gives a shit about them - everyone knows Kane's backstory i.e. getting burnt by Undertaker, so he can EASILY carry of a monster run with the title - have him drop it back to John Cena or something and give us a Cena/Kane feud, which can lead into Cena/Undertaker - which would kick ass.

No, he shouldn't. At this point in his career there is no reason for Kane to have a World Title. He should be an upper midcard who helps elevate other superstars to the main event. Don't me wrong, I'm a big Kane fan, but he has no reason for the WHC right now. Sure, he probably deserved a couple of title reigns about 10 years ago, but giving him a title reign now would just hurt the company.

w.o a shadow of a doubt kane shood be put in the main event area idk y every1 puts him in the midcard section i mean look at him hes a mad man hes huge and styll is athletic for his size the only time they give kane that momentum is if undertakers his tag team partner but other than that they never gave him a chance to create a new era of destruction and entertainmnet for the people =(

I agree Kane should be pushed back to Heavyweight status not have him refeud again with Great Khali what the hell is this? Put him up against CM Punk or Randy Orton or ship him off to ECW and go after Tommy Dreamer he needs a belt badly now ! He is a jobber again!

Every remember when edge first one the world heavyweight title. he feuded with kane and for awhile i truly believed he could win the title. Edge then got injured and the great kahli won next. but is he going to get another title reign probably not but should he i think he could be a great champ.

I think Kane should get one more shot because he's been one of the more consistent performers. Yes, he's been shit on by new guys. Yes, he's been buried by other guys. But he definitely deserves another shot to live up to his name, the big red machine!

Honestly I believe that kane should have another reign as world champ regardless if its short so the wwe can build talent up a little bit more or a solid reign so he could feel a void on the sd roster,but yeah I think he should besides now that his current character can talk he could maybe cut a great promo.Think about it........

Kane personally said a couple of years ago he doesn't want another title reign. Same thing HBK & Stone Cold stated I guess.

It's cool with me, I still respect the hell out of him.

This is my first post so i hope i do this right. I think that Kane should get at least 1 more WWE or World Heavyweight Championship reign. He's one of the longest employed guys in the company right now and his last world title reign was like 11 years ago(unless you count the ECW title). He should have one more reign before he retires.

I think he should, by the way should have made a poll for this thread. But than again most fans don't give a flying fuck about Kane, so even if he did get another reign I doubt it would be that long, plus Kane is 42, a World Champ has to be fresh, and healthy, where as Kane isn't old and banged up. But overall I think Kane should have one last run.

Kane should not be a world champ. His character has been stale for a while and a world title reign would just be more of a "career achievement award" then a credible title reign. I like Kane but he should not have a world title.

So the other day I was on youtube and I watched his one night as the WWE champion. Paul Bearer and Kane got a lot of heat that night and I was disappointed that he only got the title for one night. I'm pretty sure that in a couple of years Kane is going to retire.

So my question is do you think Kane should get another world title reign?

here's the videos of his one night as champion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iKcC3ZlKG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ZakkCbcQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfo2hCPAfUg

Why should he? He's far from top of the pecking order, a sound midcarder at best. His time of main eventing is long gone, his in ring work has dramatically fallen and he is but a shell of his former self.

Ah but he has been in the WWE for a long time hasn't he? So has Funaki, you going to make him champion? I think it's a bad move.

kane deserves it 100% and with edge out i think it would be a great time to elevate him back to the ME. face or heel. (better as heel but might not have an option if he's facing punk) anyway i would love for him to replace edge untill he retires and edge comes back. would also love to see another kane taker feud. title vs streak at mania (yes taker will win but thats what kane does best he puts others over, and he's one of the best in the business)

Personally, I'd love him to have another title reign.

Realistically, No he shouldn't get one.

Basicly the guy could NOT carry a company these days. They need younger, more energetic guys to carry the company in these kid friendly days. They want action, promos etc.

I just don't think Kane could cut it as champ now in terms of holding an audience captivated like he used to, he couldn't do that anymore. I love the guy and would personally MTFO if he did win another one but my honest opinion would be he shouldnt get one. :(

Does Kane deserve it? I believe so. He's always stood in the shadows of 'Taker, and others, but like 'Taker, he's been diehard dedicated to the company, working hard to put over a lot of guys and never wanting more than midcard titles. He's worked with loads of tag team partners over the years, working to get them over, and has put over big names in his time. He's got some damn fine matches out there, if you appreciate the style, and he's always been an easy main event fill in when he was called upon. He works a great face or heel, and I think helped ECW with his time there. So in short - yeah, he deserves and would be a good World Heavyweight Championship.

Will he? No, for one major reason - he doesn't want it. He's like an HBK - he goes out there, does his job, has a good match (not nearly as good as HBK's, but I digress) and in the long run puts a guy over.

I wish he'd take one, honestly. Him wearing the WHC for a few months would be a great "thank you" reign, and would be a lot of fun for SmackDown, but then, I think what he got with the ECW title is destined to be his "thank you". He may yet wind up with the IC title from Rey, and hopefully he does, Kane's always a great IC champ.

Kane's been a big part of the WWE for a long time now, was one of its best characters in the old days, has produced a number of great matchups (though certainly, they're not all great), and yes, in terms of deserving it ad having the potential to succeed at it, I'm all for a Kane WHC reign. But the fact is, the guy has never wanted it, and will probably continue to do what he does best - occupy the midcard and give other guys a nice rub on their way up.

He would be a great Heel champion, and I have the angle that would work. I'm talking about taken and idea from the Dark Knight. He can be the antagonist, or the bad guy that a certain GM or Vince needed to take care of a lose end. Maybe Triple H or Cena aren't doing what they are suppose to be doing. So Kane comes to him with a twisted plan, and he ends up with the title, and back stabbing vince or the GM, holding the title for months. He can be the sick, twisted heel that people would fear, and hate as a champion.

Right now I think Kane should only have another title reign if they stop giving him ridiculous feuds and gimmicks that has made me not even care that Kane still wrestles. The only entertaining thing that Kane has done in the last like 6 years was his Feud with the guy pretending to be Kane and they even managed to mess that up, that could've been brilliant they could've even kept the other Kane out there, or made them both masked monsters, but instead they make him horny for Kelly Kelly, and lose to Rey Mysterio... He is almost as pathetic as Big Show has been looking to John Cena lately.

If the big red monster is going to be a serious main eventer again he needs to do something amazing with Khali, or atleast look scary and demented again so his character isn't lost otherwise its time to hang up the boots of the big red monster

If Kane gets another World title, it will be the ECW Championship. That's it. He should spend his time in the WWE elevating talent to the main event level. Anything other then this is beyond his potential as a wrestler.

the perfect time to put the strap on kane is when he was unmasked
he has lost all of his momentum
i would love to see kane as champ
but sorry to say it aint gonna happen

and btw any body and their grandma can be ecw champion
matt hardy proved that!

with Edge out i think they can push Kane as a top heel.i don't know who Punk will drop the belt to since Jeff Hardy's future's in queston.i could see Kane taking the belt.hopefully for longer than 24 hours.

Awesome thread. Thanks for the links. Kane was awesome then. They drew so much heat with this angle. He should've had the strap for at least a month. With Edge out, he should get a decent run. Its on Smackdown! so he doesn't have to carry the company. Shit if Punk can get it, Kane most definatley can. He is more over with the crowd, and more recognizable. A title gives a heel instant heat, especially if he goes back to the psycho Kane. We'll see how it plays out. He is looking strong thus far in his comeback...hopefully it will continue, because I am a big fan of Kane.

Well, he is main event already. If the WWE ever wanted him to be champion, it wouldn't be a really far jump. The crowd will ALWAYS believe Kane viable for the title, which is all you really need to be champion.

However, I don't think Kane should be champion unless he's going to drop it to a new heel or face they want to build up. Kane has embraced what he is in the WWE to do, and that's build up new stars to take the new main event. If Kane were to get the title only to lose it to Orton or Cena, two people who don't need the build, then it'd be pointless. But to lose it to Swagger? MVP? Miz? It'd be the epitome of what he's been doing on ECW for years. It'd be the most fitting way for him to close out his WWE career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back