Should Jeff Hardy come back to WWE?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
Jeff Hardy is one of the biggest wrestlers on planet earth,
and is a fan favoriet, i really couldnt care less about his past hardy on drugs dont affect my life just like d young being gay dont affect it so why bring it up?
its their personal business we dont even know them?
i think wwe would bring him back i mean come on i bet theirs alot of wwe talent who are on drugs including rvd the no.1 contender for whc.
jeff is a big seller in merchadise, the question is should hardy come to wwe?
and would he be the face of the company?

Jeff Hardy when motivated can be as great as he wants to be, I think he has a tendency to be fairly lazy in ring and finds giving 100% all of the time tough. He's definitely the star of TNA by a million miles even when he does get lazy which just showcases how many problems TNA has to be honest.

I don't think it's up to WWE either on a comeback I'm sure they'd jump at the chance if Hardy had a desire to work the WWE schedule but I doubt at this stage of his career he would want to. And I don't think he's at the stage yet of Jericho or RVD where he should or would want to be a bit part player.

Dude, honestly , Jeff Hardy used to be great, now... hes all worn out. Just look at him in the ring, he is always in pain, always grabbing his back. Hes WORN OUT! Sending him back to the WWE would kill him! All the expectations in WWE would be too much for him. One of the reasons I stopped watching TNA is because of Jeff HArdy. Everytime Id see him, Id be seeing a sluggish version of Hardy. Lets face it, Jeff Hardy needs to retire. Hes banged up! He needs to take some long deserved time off.

Jeff gets lazy and burns out often that's why tna is soo much better for him. He's a big seller of merchandise and he can be great when he wants to be. However he's done it all in the wwe. If Jeff came back he might get a push to the top but it'll probably be more of a rvd role and put over young talent

Sure. Why not? There are plenty of wrestlers he could face now. The last time Jeff Hardy competed in WWE was in 2009. It does not feel like 4 years ago AT ALL. I would like to see him feud with Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, RVD, Christian (plenty of history there!) and Del Rio. They could also restart either of the feuds with CM Punk or Randy Orton since more than enough time has passed for these matches to work. While I doubt he would get to the World Heavyweight or WWE Championship title again anytime soon if he does return, he'd still be able to provide the fans with good matches. Just keep him off the mic, please.

WWE might not want to take the risk, but the fans really like him and there's a good number of potential feuds they could do whether he gets placed in the world title scene or not. He could go after the Intercontinental Championship again or maybe he could form a tag team with someone like Christian or RVD. There's so many different things they could do with Hardy if he returned and I'm sure the fans would like nearly any of them. I don't think it will happen though. Jeff Hardy will probably stay with TNA. If he does, there's nothing wrong with that. He's one of the biggest names they have on their roster. If he did return to WWE though then I would not be against it.

Dude, honestly , Jeff Hardy used to be great, now... hes all worn out. Just look at him in the ring, he is always in pain, always grabbing his back. Hes WORN OUT! Sending him back to the WWE would kill him! All the expectations in WWE would be too much for him. One of the reasons I stopped watching TNA is because of Jeff HArdy. Everytime Id see him, Id be seeing a sluggish version of Hardy. Lets face it, Jeff Hardy needs to retire. Hes banged up! He needs to take some long deserved time off.

He looked absolutely shot to bits and lazy and not worth a dime when he came back in 2006 and he turned himself around pretty fast. As with a lot of WWE guys that have gone to TNA they go there to relax and work the light schedule. If they go back to the WWE they generally turn themselves around and get motivated again, Hardy has done this previously, as have Christian and Van Dam.

i do agree hardy seems exhausted but he still puts on many 4 star matches.
he's still one of the best wrestlers, hardy has gotten older over the years so he kinda has slowed down but he still is one of the most exciting guys in wrestling of today.
he's always gets the fans excited and he seems to be in good shape not great though

Should Hardy return to the WWE... I'm not at all sure to be honest. He seems happy with his lot in TNA and has been problem free there for quite some time. The WWE schedule is intense and has previously burned out Hardy on numerous occasions. Hardy has many up sides, his merch sales and show stealing ability are proven assets to a promotion but his tendency to flip flop in and out of love with wrestling would be a possible stumbling block.

The time may not be right for a Hardy return but I do believe he will return for one final run at some point, there are lots of feuds he could have with people like Bryan, Ambrose, ADR and Ziggler. If he were to be put in a feud with the younger talent and wasn't in too bad shape then he could give a hell of a rub to some guys and we'd see some excellent matches.

It all depends on which Hardy it would be I suppose, if he wants to work a RVD type schedule and puts in hard work and try's to have good matches then yeah I don't see why not. But if it's the dispassionate, lazy, burnt out Hardy then he may as well stay in TNA where he can work at his own speed.

If TNA are indeed on the downward spiral and Hardy becomes available then I think it would be worthwhile signing. He is popular meaning merchandise sales will go up. Secondly, he is good in the ring meaning he can put on entertaining matches. However, bringing back Hardy would take another spot on TV that could be used on someone else. The positives probably just outweigh the drawbacks to bring him back even if it was just a short term deal.

i don't know if I'd want to see him back in the WWE.I guess I'm one of the few folks out there that actually enjoy TNA and them losing Hardy would be devastating to them, and with them on the brink financially, it could be the straw that breaks their back...

i don't think there's any doubt he can still put on great matches, when he wants to (as previous posters have already mentioned). i would be concerned about the schedule though, I'd hate to see him get burnt out again and relapse. I think he's "healthiest" when in TNA - he's a star, he knows it but doesnt take advantage of it, and can work the way he wants to.

on the other hand, there could be some excellent feuds he could get into. thinking about hardy vs bryan gets me all silly inside :)

I wouldn't mind him making a comeback, and I'm sure it would put a few asses in seats, but imagine the superstars who have been busting their own asses trying to climb that spot that Jeff Hardy just magically filled upon his return. Imagine how unfair it is for the people in the back who are becoming names just to sit back and give someone who already showed his disdain for WWE the spotlight.

I am not a big fan of big/slightly big names returning when it means someone has to get bumped off the program, or barely featured. I don't think the show needs it right now when RVD just came back into the game himself.

I actually don't agree at all that Jeff Hardy is one of the biggest wrestlers on planet earth. He's a complimentary performer. He's not a main guy. He's not the guy you build the show around. He's Mick Foley. I respect what he's done and what he put his body through. Several moments of him flying off a ladder, similar to Mick Foley flying off a cage. Unlike Mick Foley though, he doesn't have the mic skills or ability to captivate a crowd or even advance a storyline in a convincing fashion with a promo.

My opinion of Jeff Hardy is that he is always, and always should have been, a mid-card draw. He's not the guy people pay to see. But he is highly entertaining in the middle of the show.

If Jeff were to come back to WWE... He would be doing the exact same thing Jericho or RVD are doing. Except Jericho is far better both on the mic and in the ring. And RVD is far more reliable (which says a lot about Jeff, because it's RVD). They don't need both Jeff and RVD to fill this upper-mid card veteran spot. That time should be going to guys like Rhodes, Sandow, The Shield or the Wyatts. Maybe RVD doesn't pan out in the mid-term, and they backfill that spot with Jeff. I'm sure he'd get big initial pops for his return, but in the long run, the WWE doesn't need him... and I don't see Jeff making much, if any of a difference.

For my two cents, i would not want J Hardy back in the E

His high risk style does not fit with 90% of the roster and i think his only feuds would be with Orton and RVD, Orton has bigger fish to fry than some spot-monkey.

Plus how many strikes on the wellness would he miss in the first 3 days? This guy has been high most of his adult life

if he got a part time deal like Jericho or RVD I think he could come back. He went to TNA because the travel schedule is light compared to WWE and that's part of what wore him down in addition to his high impact style.

That said, nothing would make me happier than hearing his last WWE theme hit during the Royal Rumble and hearing the pop as he comes out to the ring and seeing he and Punk pick up where they left off in 2009.

Jeff Hardy used to be great, now... hes all worn out. Just look at him in the ring, he is always in pain, always grabbing his back. Hes WORN OUT!

Maybe he's "medicating" less and feeling the pain more. After the debacle with Sting, Jeff was forced to realize he couldn't go on the way he was and had to make changes in his chosen lifestyle. While this might have improved his overall health and well-being, it may have made it harder to function as a pro wrestler.

Jeff would still be an attraction if he came back to WWE. They'd have to keep a tight rein on him, as they did last time he worked there. In fact, if he had stuck around, he might have never scraped the bottom of the barrel as he did with TNA.....I remain convinced the structure of his dealings with WWE kept him on the straight and narrow more than the "freedom" offered by the younger company.

Yes, we don't know how long he'd last in WWE if his body truly is wearing out.....but then, the same question applies where he's working now.

Perhaps it's better to do a Van Dam and go back to the big guys......and get a larger paycheck for further torturing your weary body. Only a few performers rate that privilege.....and I would think Jeff Hardy is one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back