Should Candice Michelle be the Womens Champ?

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This was on my mind today at work

Candice was given the title because there really wasn't any other option at the time. WWE had pretty much dropped the ball on the whole Melina vs Mickie feud (thanks mostly in part to that bullshit house show title change) and quickly wore down any kind of connection the feud had with the fans by not spending enough of time with the feud on the air and not giving the girls enough time to do decent promos, as the match backgrounds and previews were done very piss poor.

In my opinion WWE put the belt on Candice because she was the only choice left. Although WWE did spend a fair amount of time with the Candice vs Melina feud, Candice Michelle failed to change or even establish an image for herself. For a superstar to become an champion, win any championship, he or she , has to have an established image. Even Khali has an established image, an unstoppable giant, but what does Candice have? Not much. She posed for playboy, thats about it, and today, when pretty much all of the divas in WWE have posed for playboy save for 1 or 2, a diva having posed for playboy in the past does not make them special. So with her playboy credentials gone, what does Candice have left? Nothing. Some of you may argue that during the Melina feud WWE built Candice up to be an underdog champ, due to her lack of experience. This was true, and I'll admit, that I did jump on the whole candice for champ wagon, but I was only on board if afterwards Candice found a way to establish herself by using some means other than sex appeal. The underdog thing would have worked because it would have established Candice as a fighter who never quits in the face of adversity. But I check out the matches with Candice after her title win, and she's fucking dominating each match, its almost like WWE is trying to push her as the top woman in WWE, and its bullshit. Candice has no image, no foundation, her wrestling skills are mediocre as she still as trouble executing some of her moves and I've never heard her cut a promo or seen a promo where she didn't take her top off, she tries to get over on the whole **** image and its not working.

Personally, if WWE can't find anther way to establish Candice or get her over with the crowd, then I don't want her as champion any more. Now with the recent additions of Jillian Hall and Beth Phoenix, the womens division is now in a position where they can have great feuds with more air time without sparing any expenses or losses. This also places alot on Candice to perform well and get over and entertain us without having to take her top off. WWE already has Extreme Expose to do that for us, so we don't need someone else, especially the champion, doing it too. If Candice doesn't come up with some kind of image, and I don't care what it is. Maybe its the ability to cut a great promo, maybe the skills to become a good leader and lead a face group of divas against a heel group, or maybe she can use the fact that she was a model and use it as a catalyst April Hunter style and say "hey I'm a former model, I've posed for playboy and my tits are fake... but I'd still kick your ass". If something doesn't happen then I want her to lose the title and for it to be placed on someone that not only has an established image, but will work to get over with the crowd (something that Candice has yet to do).

Rant over, for now, commence discussion

I personally couldn't care less who's the womans champion anymore, the only matches worth watching for quality wrestling would be Phoenix vs Victoria. Other then that all the divas are to me is eye candy. And just like candy, once I get enough of it I'm sick of the shit.

Whoa, Jillian, Melina and Mickie all have great talent and are more than capable of getting over, Plus I watched the Phoenix vs Victoria match and I wasn't that impressed (partially the match was a "WWE" match if you know what I mean, compared to what it could have been if it were somewhere else), Plus Beth just seems to work better with the smaller, quicker divas, IMO.

I gotta agree with Ticked Off Texan..whats it really matter whos champion?...Most of them are terrible in the ring...ACCEPT Mickie James,Victoria and Jillian(ive seen old matches) and Phoniex ive never really seen in the ring..Candice is champion like you said shes all thats left and shes a face and has more feuds she can now have and Vince also seems to love overcoming the odds type fueds... also Melina ran out of opponets as there are mostly heels on the Raw Roster and had to drop the title because Candice was all that was left..but wrestling wise Candice is very bad IMO she even botches her own finisher the spinning heel kick but the Divas are just for looks and they all have great looks but they shouldnt even be in the ring as bad as it gets some nights..the Womens title IMO is meaningless now and as long as you have big tits and have posed for Playboy then you can be Womens Champion in WWE...

Bullshit, sure the title may not be at the same spot it was 5, 10, or 15 years ago, but it DOES matter who the womens champ is, just like it DOES matter who the World or WWE champions are. Candice Michelle becoming champ was really nothing more than WWE's quick decision to put the title on someone because THEY ran out of competitors by either blotching feuds or a wrestler was injured, and thats THEIR fault. Candice Michelle is not an established wrestler who is over with the crowd, and your saying who gives a shit proves my point. IMO I want Jillian to be the champ, she has all the tools necessary to not only be over with the crowd as a heel or face, but she will bring prestige back to the belt

Bullshit, sure the title may not be at the same spot it was 5, 10, or 15 years ago, but it DOES matter who the womens champ is,

ok i did take that comment a little too far but I just dont see any talent in any of the divas other than the few i just named Jillian would make a hell of a Womens Champion and actually make me and other fans out there actually tune in to watch the matches..I have seen alot of old matches of Jillian on youtube and I have to say I was quite impressed with her skills all she would need to do is get rid of that terrible singing gimmick and get more matches on RAW and she would get more over with the fans..

I also wouldnt mind seeing Mickie James with the belt..shes pretty decent in the ring and has put on some decent matches and she is a face and could have more fueds just like Candice but they missed that oppurtunity at Backlash but I wouldnt mind Mickie carrying the gold again somewhere down the road but its a little too late now

Bottom line is the WWE needs to step it up with their Womens Division and look into the smaller promotions and find some talent and quit doing these damn divas searches(you dont even have to know anything about wrestling)and find them some talent that can work decent matches and then people will be more interested in the Women's Matches

Well here's the deal, Its sucks that they lost Victoria, but they gain Jillian Hall and Beth Phoenix, two of the best female talents in WWE right now. Candice has improved, I haven't attacked her wrestling skill because I know she has improved and can make a decent champ if pushed right. The problem with Candice is that she has yet to establish herself and get over with the fans, as most if not all champs are over with the crowd one way or the other. Candice is good enough for the main event, but if she can't get over with the crowd, then whats the point of her carrying the belt? What I don't want to happen is for WWE to spend so much time with Candice only for her to choke and back out of the main event, If Jillian and Beth spend all of their time jobbing and not trying to go off on their own to further establish themselves, then that could create huge problems down the road. WWE has been hinting at a Mickie and Beth feud, if Candice is indeed a transitional champ, then I hope Melina gets the belt next and we see a Melina vs Jillian program with Candice thrown in but only if she manages to get over.

To the original question, no Candice Michelle should not be Women's Champion. Sure, she improved, but Candice hasn't shown me one thing in the ring that puts her above Jillian Hall or Beth Phoenix or even the former champion, Melina. The WWE put the title on Candice way too soon. She's been training for what- a year? Jillian Hall has been wrestling since 1998. Would it have killed them to let the Melina/Mickie to continue? The feud was finally getting good in April and then they just pulled the switch. It would've made a lot more sense to drop the belt to Mickie, so that then she could've feuded with Jillian Hall or Beth Phoenix (who are both heels).

One thing that annoys me immensly about Candice as champion is the fact that she has no character, no personality. To be a champion, it doesn't matter if you're heel or face- you need to show why you're unique, why you're the best. I think that's why the crowd doesn't really respond to Candice much. One of the reasons I love Melina is because she's fierce in the ring and fierce on the mic (as well as in her blogs).

I like Candice and have nothing against her, but this is just a case of "too much, too soon."

Flames Out
Dragon

thats the main problem that I have with Candice as well, if WWE doesn't do something to establish her soon, then fans will lose interest in her matches, if they haven't already. It was fun at first because Candice was built up as this underdog champion, but it seems the WWE has left that behind and is now trying to push Candice as the top diva without her even having any establishment what so ever. Candice still doesn't even get a reaction from the fans, and thats a big problem.

I like Candice and have nothing against her, but this is just a case of "too much, too soon."

I agree, I like Candice, shes really sexy and nice to look at but she doesnt deserve to be womans champ.

Mickie James deserves it and Mickie is a developed character. Plus I just adore her, she was so much energy and her presence is very very entertaining.

Even Beth Phoneix could be champ and kinda make a character for herself on that....either a bitchy entitled new school diva or a spunky underdog type of thing.

Candice seems to still try to get over with the GoDaddy.com thing which nobody even remembers or knows about (i see her do the slow spin around in the ring sometimes to try to get the crowd into it, just doesn't work) she has improved allot but the constant wins over Victoria were just shitty & didn't make her look like a champ contender.
I don't know why they felt they couldn't put the belt back on Mickie who gets major crowd reaction & knows how to wrestle then have Melina bring Beth in to attack Mickie & spark back the fued they never had a chance to finish.

Most of the divas are established and over, here is a list of all the current divas

Jillian Hall
Mickie James
Maria
Melina
Candice Michelle
Beth Phoenix
Cherry
Kristal
Maryse
Michelle McCool
Victoria
Torrie Wilson
Brooke
Kelly Kelly
Layla
Ashley

of these, Melina, Jillian, Victoria, Mickie James, Maria, and the girls of Extreme Expose have been established and are over with the crowd, everyone else has yet to establish themselves. I expect Cherry and Maryse to establish and get over as managers, the same way Shelly Martinez, got over. Beth should get over through her feud with Mickie James. The other divas like Ashley and what not had their chance to get over and they failed, so don't expect them in the main event anytime soon. Candice needs to get over because she's the champ, but she should already be over to be the champ in the first place, but its ridiculous when the fucking champ doesn't get a reaction from the crowd, as WWE could potentially lose money because Candice can't draw. If WWE comes to that realization, she will lose the title, and quickly.

I think Torrie Wilson should get a push toward the women's title. She's spent the 2nd longest time in the company next to victoria and has really improved her wrestling skills. She has had some really good matches before. Check out her matches that she used to have with Dawn Marie and Molly, she really wrestled well in those. She could get over with the crowd given the right push and she already has the look of a champ. I say you should give her the push she deserves.

They seem to be trying to establish this new "heart over experiance" gimmick for Candice right now, which I think is just complete BS. Candice is accusing others of not having heart, yet she admitted a couple years a go that she used wrestling to get try to get her over as an actress. Candice improving her wrestling skills doesn't mean that she has more heart for this buiness than Melina, Jillian, Beth, and Mickie.

I think Torrie Wilson is actually a better wrestler than Candice, but I doubt that she will ever be Women's Champion.

Flames Out
Dragon

I think Torrie Wilson should get a push toward the women's title. She's spent the 2nd longest time in the company next to victoria and has really improved her wrestling skills. She has had some really good matches before. Check out her matches that she used to have with Dawn Marie and Molly, she really wrestled well in those. She could get over with the crowd given the right push and she already has the look of a champ. I say you should give her the push she deserves.

Problem is WWE fucked Victoria and Torrie both over when they moved them to SD!..and thats another thing I dont get is why would you not have all the divas going after the belt either on SD! or RAW..but Torrie imo is no better than Candice in the ring or getting over with the crowd even though she has been with WWE for awhile the fans really dont pay any mind to her

But if I had to take one champion its got to be Mickie James I really dont know why in the hell they didnt let Melina drop it to her during their fued it didnt make sense to me as Mickie would have had future fueds with both Jillian or Beth and would have drawn more and got more reaction from the fans and is 5x better in the ring as Candice maybe WWE will soon realize that Candice isnt going to get the division anywhere and maybe bring back Victoria or add some new talent or put the belt on someone else...they could use it..but Candice as champion to me is BS and it should be Mickie but right now the whole womens division on RAW is lacking direction after this feud with Melina where will Melina go?...to feud with Maria?? o yeah thats a waste

IMO Torrie was never an established competitor. She participated in so many gimmick bikini matches and lingerie matches that most of the fans, myself included, would look to Torrie to give us a quick sex fix, and nothing more. Torrie has built zero credibility over the last few years, and the only reason why people want to see her win the title is because she never won it. She's never won it because WWE doesn't consider Torrie championship material, otherwise, odds are she would have been champion at leat once during her 6 or 7 odd year stay with WWE.

But if I had to take one champion its got to be Mickie James I really dont know why in the hell they didnt let Melina drop it to her during their fued

Melina did drop the title to Mickie during that feud during a house show where Mickie won the title from Melina at the beginning of the show, SHE HELD ON TO IT FOR 20 FUCKING MINUTES, THEN LOST IT BACK TO MELINA DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW. WWE even counted the title reign for Mickie as her 3rd, and counted Melina regaining of the Title as her 2nd title reign. Total Fucking Bullshit. IMO the title change never happened, despite what the records say, way to kill a good feud WWE by going and pulling some bullshit stunt like that. If I remember correctly the whole Melina and Mickie feud crumbled one match later when Mickie failed to "regain" the title on RAW setting up for the Candice vs Melina feud.

Melina did drop the title to Mickie during that feud during a house show where Mickie won the title from Melina at the beginning of the show, SHE HELD ON TO IT FOR 20 FUCKING MINUTES, THEN LOST IT BACK TO MELINA DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW. WWE even counted the title reign for Mickie as her 3rd, and counted Melina regaining of the Title as her 2nd title reign. Total Fucking Bullshit. IMO the title change never happened, despite what the records say, way to kill a good feud WWE by going and pulling some bullshit stunt like that. If I remember correctly the whole Melina and Mickie feud crumbled one match later when Mickie failed to "regain" the title on RAW setting up for the Candice vs Melina feud.

Yes i agree 110% that is total horseshit..It doesnt make sense to just drop it in the middle of a fuckin house show I didnt even hear about this or i would have jumped all on it

As for Torrie Wilson I agree with you there too..She too me has done nothing in the ring or being anywhere close to Championship worthy..you put her in Candice's spot right now on RAW with this Overcoming all odds and having heart type thing,It would be exactly the same IMO no crowd reaction whatsoever or anyone giving a damn about the Women's Divison..no matter how long she has been in the business she is just not title worthy IMO

Candice shouldnt be champ but she is and now they at least have to try and gain her some credibility and hopefully she can get into a decent feud with Jillian and try an get some more fans believing she is title worthy but she is going to have to improve in the ring it is just god awful too watch her in a match..Point is she was rushed into holding the title when she has no business holding it and now WWE really has to go with her because of the lack of faces in the division but IMO Candice isnt title worthy and the belt should be on Mickie but thats long gone and I'd say she could drop it to Jillian or possibly Beth Phoenix but there really isnt anyone for them to feud with unless they went back to Mickie James again..either way its a little late and we will just have to see if Candice can improve and get some type of reaction and build up some type of character and establish herself but she should have already done this before she held the belt..and thats what I dont understand and it seems most of you are the same way

Well I know there will be people that will try and argue Candice's case, I just need to wait for them to post.

Your right, the WWE is short on Face divas right now, and again, no fault but their own. They could turn Jillian face, it could work and it wouldn't be that hard, or they can try and establish Candice. I don"t know about this whole "having heart" deal. If its a type of having heart because I'm an underdog deal, then I think thats fine, considering Candice's lack of experience. But if Candice is going to sit there and accuse the other divas of not having heart then thats bullshit, and WWE should know better than that. An act like that wouldn't get Candice over at all, because only a complete ****** mark would look at something like that and agree with it and cheer. Then again, we have dumbass marks that cheer for Batista, so anything could happen.

I think Candice Should have NOT won the belt. She is just some lame ass diva search contestant who knew NOTHING about wrestling and just wanted the 250,000 dollars. Just because she showed improvement for like a couple weeks doesn't mean she deserves the belt.

I think Torrie does deserve a title run. She is championship Material. She is a very good Wrestler and has enough expirence to become champ. Victoria is also a diva who just isn't given what she deserves. I want Victoria and Torrie to come back to Raw so they can challenge for the belt and maybe even win it soon.

Again gonna have to disagree with Torrie being Championship material. In fact, Torrie and Candice are in the same boat, as both have decent in ring skill, but lack any kind of establishment with the crowd as they both fail to draw a reaction. If Candice could find a way to get over, as a heel or face, then I'll stop complaining about her lack of drawing power. Same goes for Torrie.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is with her as champion. No she's not no Mickie or no Beth but that still doesn't mean she cannot make a great champion. She has heart and determination and that can get her through a title reign. There's no doubt that she will be better then what she is right now. Just let her progress a little more first. She hasn't really had no time to show us what type of champion she is. The only match she had was the tag match that lasted two minutes with her working 45 seconds of it! Not much to show with that time!

I remember when people all over the internet were against Melina becoming champ at first. Seriously I went through hell on another women's wrestling forum trying to say that Melina was good enough! The same with Trish. They were absolutely against her and she was no better then Candice is now. Trish just sold and bumped better then Candice. I just think it's funny but look at them. They are two of the greatest champs!

Candice at least worked for her belt. She didn't get it handed to her. She had to have like 10 matches before earning a shot at the title. At least she puts on decent matches and matches that can be watched. At least she also doesn't suck like MARIA!!!!!!

I also doubt to see her loose the belt anytime soon because WWE went out of their way to get her the belt and to get her over with the crowd!

Whoever said Candice gets no reaction is wrong! Way wrong! Candice got a huge pop this Monday on RAW and RAW's before that! Just listen to it. The fans are not loosing interest in her either. Sorry but they are not.

I think Candice will be a good champ, right now and in the future! I am sure she will develope a character as time goes on! It hasn't even been a month yet. Don't forget the women don't get as much t.v. time as their male counterparts do. They don't have the trime to show what kind of champion they are.

I have to also ask, what kind of character did Mickie have in her second reign? Not really any character if you ask me!

At least Torrie, Maria, Extreme Exopse, Michelle, and Kristal (who I think her and Michelle are pretty decent in the ring) didn't win the belt!

One more thing. The WWE had the Candice vs. Melina feud planned way before the second Mickie vs. Melina one! The original plan was for Melina to face Mickie and Candice and Victoria but of course Ashley just had to get pushed!

Please don't say Candice is just their for good looks and such, that's what is BS!!!!

I have to both agree and disagree with the previous post. I agree with it in that I have no problem whatsoever with Candice Michelle being champion.

But I disagree with the idea that she is not there based upon her looks alone. Because that is precisely why she is there. Despite her recent improvements, she still cannot wrestle to save her life. The only reason she has shown such "remarkable improvement" is because she was so brutal to begin with, and because she has learned a couple of moves which makes it appear that she has learned to wrestle, which she has not.

I always get heat when I post this, but I still think it's so clear that I have to say it again. The women's division has degraded to the point of serving no current purpose other than eye candy. That may be good, that may be terrible, but that's the fact of the matter.

Candice Michelle is a sexy attractive woman and that's why she's champion right now. WWE doesn't care about the women's "division" anymore, that's clear.

Victoria is physically unable to fill the role as champion. Melina and Mickie are better wrestlers, but they are not that spectacular either. I keep hearing that Jillian is all that, but I'm still waiting for evidence of this. She has a history of remarkable stuff on the indy scene, but WWE will never let her showcase this so that's irrelevant.

Let's face it, they'll squeeze Candice Michelle, Torrie Wilson, and others into the skimpiest outfits possible, put them in paddle on a pole matches, or pudding matches, or bra and panty or evening gown matches, and that's the current status of the women's division. I know that really aggravates some guys such as Echelon, but show me how I'm wrong. Show me an example of how the WWE has tried in the slightest to indicate a slight interest in the women's division, and I'll retract these statements.

Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the next WWE diva search which is ready to start soon. And you'll get to see our next Playboy cover girl, as well as a participant in WM24 for the title at the same time.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is with her as champion. No she's not no Mickie or no Beth but that still doesn't mean she cannot make a great champion. She has heart and determination and that can get her through a title reign. There's no doubt that she will be better then what she is right now. Just let her progress a little more first.

IMO before they went and put the belt on her she should have already progressed and been getting over with crowds...It doesnt make sense to go and put the belt on Candice when she is terrible in the ring and hasnt had a decent match that went past 3 minutes before she was champ..and she also gets no reaction from the fans at all... But they had to because she was all that was left and thats the WWE fault not Candice's but still the question is should she be Womens Champion and my answer is NO she wasnt near ready

I remember when people all over the internet were against Melina becoming champ at first. Seriously I went through hell on another women's wrestling forum trying to say that Melina was good enough! The same with Trish. They were absolutely against her and she was no better then Candice is now. Trish just sold and bumped better then Candice. I just think it's funny but look at them. They are two of the greatest champs!

I dont really see what the problem would be with Melina being champ...she was a very good heel and not bad in the ring and actually got alot of heat from the crowd so i agree with you there but for you to say Candice is on the same level as Trish is idiotic to me...Trish was good in the ring and put on alot of decent matches with other women in her day and was the face of the womens division for about 4 years and never had a problem getting people involved in her matches...Candice does she is absolutly terrible to watch and is incredibly sloppy in the ring...she in no way is near one of the greats IMO

Candice at least worked for her belt. She didn't get it handed to her. She had to have like 10 matches before earning a shot at the title. At least she puts on decent matches and matches that can be watched. At least she also doesn't suck like MARIA!!!!!!

Candice DID get the belt handed to her IMO look at it she had matches that were what 5 minutes each and she did terrible in each one rather it was botching moves or no selling...none of those matches were decent and Candice worked for the belt?? then why is she so bad in the ring...she is no better than Maria they are about the same when it comes to wrestling.. Maria to me seems more over with the crowd than Candice does...

I also doubt to see her loose the belt anytime soon because WWE went out of their way to get her the belt and to get her over with the crowd

They tried but did it work?? NO...she still gets zero reaction from the fans and most dont even seem to care anymore

Whoever said Candice gets no reaction is wrong! Way wrong! Candice got a huge pop this Monday on RAW and RAW's before that! Just listen to it. The fans are not loosing interest in her either. Sorry but they are not.

The only pop she gets is when she does that strip thing during her entrance other than that...complete silence during the entrance and after during the matches...she bores the crowd and they lose interest during her matches

At least Torrie, Maria, Extreme Exopse, Michelle, and Kristal (who I think her and Michelle are pretty decent in the ring) didn't win the belt!

They are all no different from Candice..nobody cares about them neither and they get zero reaction from fans,or put on decent matches

Please don't say Candice is just their for good looks and such, that's what is BS!!!!

ALL the divas have good looks so that to me is not the problem...Candice to me is there because they lack talent in the Women's Division and WWE screwed up by not letting Mickie have another run with the belt awhile back so therefore they ran out of choices for Melina to drop the title to so they had to HAND it to Candice because she was the only face left and now she can have future feuds with heels such as Beth and Jillian which IMO are alot more Title worthy than Candice

acaully as of right now i think melina or mickie james should be the champ.i loved melina as the champ she was great in the ring,very aggresive,had a strong gimmick,got huge reactions from the crowd,and kept her opponents on their toes.also mickie james had a great giimick,was decent with the mic,had great ring skills and carried the title with pride.i think that beth pheonix and jillian are amazing,but i think beth is still new to wwe and needs to get her character over,and jillian needs to work on her cgimmick some more.i really think beth and jillian have so much talent and i cant wait for them to get their shot.but for now i like melina as champ.but beth and jillian should be thrown in the storyline.as for candace.shes just another time filler for wwe who will soon fade and she shouldnt be champ.but,if candace was to take time off,get a good trainer and develop a character and better ring skills then she just may get over with the crowd.maybe she might even need a name change.but imo i hate candace,but if she tries maybe she might be champ material someday.but right now wwe needs to get rid of that waste of time named candace michelle.

Really? Because I watched the same matches you did and I'm pretty sure she got nothing from the crowd. I'm pretty sure they were chanting for Mickie James. Unless you can tell me exactly how Candice has gotten over and what the crowd is cheering her for, my point stands that Candice is failing as womens champ, and the belt should be taken off of her.

Now many of you are playing the looks card. Really? In that case then any of these girls could be champ and be over with the crowd. Oh yeah lets make Kelly Kelly or Maryse are champion next and see how well they get over. Please, don't bullshit me on looks. Its true that the WWE may choose to spice up the division with Bra and Panties matches and Pudding matches, but its all for show. Its a quick attempt to reach a different part of the audience that may not be buying into a storyline. But what I don't get is that usually these gimmick matches are reserved for lesser storylines, and not main event storylines. So for WWE to be pulling these pudding matches with Candice and Melina tells me that maybe WWE doesn't have faith in their future champion, IE Candice, drawing on her own and that maybe she'll need something quick to help get her over for the time being.

And Hatehabsforever, again complaining about Jillian Hall, tsk tsk. Let me tell you this, on a second rate gimmick, her "Brook Hogan Knockoff" gimmick, Jillian has drawn more heat then any other heel in the womens division, including Melina and Victoria. Jillian Hall can not only wrestle, but she is an amazing entertainer that can play any role to near perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back