Shelton to ECW!

Shelton cut a great promo tonight and he's clearly improving on the mic. Its a shame that they went ahead and immediately destroyed that positive incline with a negative decline by having him job out to Funaki 2.0 in one move. Hopefully, Shelton comes out next week and destroys the living SHIT out of this guy and starts his upward climb towards a long ECW championship reign. This is a great opportunity for him to shine as the top heel on this brand and I really hope WWE doesn't overlook that possibility.

Shelton cut a great promo tonight and he's clearly improving on the mic.

Improvement yes, great? No...It's not hard to mock a japanese accent, but it's far too racist and painstaking to watch.

Its a shame that they went ahead and immediately destroyed that positive incline with a negative decline by having him job out to Funaki 2.0 in one move.

So because he's japanese, he's Funaki mark 2? Erm no...

Hopefully, Shelton comes out next week and destroys the living SHIT out of this guy and starts his upward climb towards a long ECW championship reign. This is a great opportunity for him to shine as the top heel on this brand and I really hope WWE doesn't overlook that possibility.

It is a great opportunity for him, however there's only one person to blame in this, and it isn't vince. We'll see how things go in future weeks, but for a man who is the gold standard, things are not looking good.

Its a shame that they went ahead and immediately destroyed that positive incline with a negative decline by having him job out to Funaki 2.0 in one move.

Mmm... no. Yoshitatsu is actually really talented in the ring, though ater seeing what became of Shelton tonight, it makes me sick. Good to see he DOES have personality as a heel, but come on. He still did the job in about 5 seconds. Hopefully, this will escalade into a feud, and if it does, Yoshitatsu may be one of the most pushed Japanese superstars in WWE since Yokozuna in the 90s.

Wow yeah, what a great way to start your monumental push in ECW Shelton, firstly being incredibly racist, though he did get a reaction, something which is rare for him. Then he gets beat in about 30 seconds by a guy who is debuting?

Future endeavours is soon to follow methinks.

Basically everything I can say. He didn't do anything entertaining tonight. Basically, his promo mirrored Washington's (being racist and such), and was not good for him. He should've just cut a promo on why he's better than a jobber. Getting squashed like that isn't good either. With any luck, we see some more stuff like this. Turning Shelton into the Compton Brawler is the only way I want to see him on TV every week.

What I want to know is...Why is there this load of garbage on TV, but no sign of the Hurricane? If Hurricane won't appear, can we at least get a "Stand back! There's a jobber coming through!" every time Shelton enters?

Jesus Christ how many times can they screw this phenomenal athlete over? He loses to the new guy in less then 10 seconds. Wasn't this the guy who gave shawn michaels one of the best matches he's ever been in? Now he's jobbing to new guys from FCW. This is BS. Once that contracts up he needs to call up Jeff Jarett

I know this has already been ripped apart at least twice, but I wanted to give it a shot as well.

Looks like someone took JR/Cole's "Shelton Benjamin is the best pure athlete in the WWE" to mean wayyy more than it actually does. Yes, he is a terrific athlete, but that doesn't automatically make you a great wrestler, and it means even less when it comes to make you a great entertainer.

Shelton Benjamin can put on an entertaining match, but he doesn't do it very often. Unfortunately for him, wrestling, something he is only slightly above average at (and I mean professional, not amateur), is his strongest point. He is no good at in ring story telling, and his promos are fucking horrible. Anyone who thinks this guy is interesting on the mic is delusional. Remember the promo he cut against R-Truth just last week? You know, the one where he literally talked all the way to the ring that he was walking towards at a painfully slow speed. He didn't even get to his point until he actually got in the ring, and his point was... people from the "hood" have BAD GRAMMAR! Oh man, you could see that really hurt R-Trtuh, it cut him deep. After this PAINFULLY boring promo, he put on a typical Shelton Benjamin C+ match, that he lost.

Shelton's days of putting on good matches with some of the biggest names in the WWE are long behind him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him waste away in ECW. He's going to be discouraged that he's been relegated to the 3rd tier show, and he'll start mailing in his matches more than before. Don't be shocked if he is used to put the younger superstars over, while Dreamer, Christian, Kozlov, and Regal to carry the main event for the next few months.

The great thing about ECW is they at times they get the wrestlers we internet fans love to see get a push at what could be considered a World title. He saw this in Chavo Guerrero, Matt Hardy, Kane, Christian & Tommy Dreamer. And now I’m hoping that with his second stint on ECW, Shelton actually wins the ECW title. The guy can work the ring like no other man, hell he is in a class of his own, the only problem he has is the mic skills are not main event par, but are well better than Jeff Hardy screaming promos. So I an see this as his make it or break it push, because if doesn’t walk away with the ECW title in this stint, he will never be a main event talent.

WWE could not mess up his re-debut anymore than what happened. He mocks the new guy and gets pinned after a kick to the head and that's all that happened in the match. Shelton is an amazing athlete and WWE isn't using him properly like he should. I bet he's going to have a rematch and still lose to get whatever that guy's name is to build him as a decent mid-carder.

WWE could not mess up his re-debut anymore than what happened. He mocks the new guy and gets pinned after a kick to the head and that's all that happened in the match. Shelton is an amazing athlete and WWE isn't using him properly like he should. I bet he's going to have a rematch and still lose to get whatever that guy's name is to build him as a decent mid-carder.

I disagree. Whilst Shelton was beaten by only one kick does that not really help the guy go over? Which is a good thing yes? Shelton was being racist but in this context I don't mind as he was the heel and got his come uppance. Any damage to Shelton this "match" did can easily be minamised by him cutting a promo saying " I underestimated you, next time we meet I won't make that mistake etc".

Just a word on people being "bad on the mic". Bear in mind alot of the time they are sent out with scripts that they must perform word for word, if they don't they get a dressing down. So instead of concreting on showing the correct emotions they are thinking about remembering they're lines.

i think he can feud with dreamer and win the ecw title and have a 4-month run with the title. He is young and exciting to watch. He is entertaining. His mic skills were funny of tuesday with yoshii tatsu. he could do great promos and great matches with his athleticism. I think the gold standard gimmick is gold

i think he can feud with dreamer and win the ecw title and have a 4-month run with the title. He is young and exciting to watch. He is entertaining. His mic skills were funny of tuesday with yoshii tatsu. he could do great promos and great matches with his athleticism. I think the gold standard gimmick is gold
If I may channel my inner Booker T, tell me you didn't just say that. Great promo's? When? Where? I will answer that for you-never. The promo on Tuesday was the best one he has ever had. If you call that a compliment you are wrong. Think about it, the best promo he ever cut was in a racist, cheesy, asian accent. Lame. I wouldn't hate him so much if it wasn't for comments like these. Truth be told, he lost to the better athelete in my opinion. Yoshi has a lot of potential, something that waved Bye Bye to Shelton Benjamin long ago. All that being said, I am glad he moved back to ECW. He has the ability to put on watchable matches every couple years or so.

I think this is great for ecw they were in serious need of a top knotch guy to fued with chrisstian cause dreamer kozlov are just boring to watch wrestle and as a lot of people know I think shelton is a great talent who needs a world title on his record..

I think this is great for ecw they were in serious need of a top knotch guy to fued with chrisstian cause dreamer kozlov are just boring to watch wrestle and as a lot of people know I think shelton is a great talent who needs a world title on his record..

Is this something the noobs have set to CTRL+V? Sure, he's athletic, but he's been given chance after chance, and yet again, we see him landing on ECW so he can get some more seasoning. Hasn't he been seasoned enough? By now, he should be the guy putting over the younger talent, and making them look credible. Yoshi knocking him out only gave Yoshi a fanbase, so he is a face jobber, instead of someone we're screaming for Vince to fire.

Shelton does not need a world title on his record, nor should he have one on his record. He's a career mid-carder, who will be forgotten shortly after his time in WWE is over.

Shelton isnt brilliant but better than he used to be. a half intresting feud over the ecw title will probably do him some good. He really needs to find some charisma and mic skills from somewhere though if hes ever to be more than mid-card.

Shelton isnt brilliant but better than he used to be. a half intresting feud over the ecw title will probably do him some good. He really needs to find some charisma and mic skills from somewhere though if hes ever to be more than mid-card.
Is there a place where you can buy charisma and mic skills? If so, Shelton should be fired. He could be main eventing every Pay Per View, but instead he was selfish and spent all his money turning his hair into gold. Selfish asshole. No way he makes it to the ME though. If he does on ECW, I will be baffled. Not impressed though as the ME there is the midcard elsewhere.

I agree and disagree with Shelton's move to ECW because his in ring ability is great and considering his amateur background in wrestling it makes him valuable to ECW in my opinion. His mic skills need improvement but he's been successful with his US reign and it was lengthy too, had a good feud with MVP with it.

Also his small feud with R-Truth on SD! when he took personal shots at R-Truth that was good so now he's moved to ECW and mocking a Japanese guys with jokes thats personal insults and worked well, because now he could use personal insults or shots against his opponents while in ECW.

I can't see Shelton being main event but getting the ECW title at some stage and having a good feud is what he needs, if he were to go up against the new comers and people like Christian even feud with The Hurricane maybe. But helping put over other talent as well as having some type of title run will be nice.

I like the move to ECW. He would be a good ecw champion and get a push that he's been needing for a while.

I can't believe I missed an oppurtunity to shit on Benjamin. /facepalm

Benjamin is here for one reason, folks. He's failing at his job. He's not over, and he's had months and push after push to get it done. Now he's in ECW to prove he can get over and make something of himself. If he can't, then he's going to wallow in ECW hell. Which I honestly believe he deserves.

As far as Benjamin getting the ECW championship....I'd hate for him to get any kind of gold, even the ECW title. But he has to do this to prove he can pull off a major title reign. However, he needs to prove he's over first. Which he's not. Maybe this feud with Yoshi will get the crowd to give two shits about him. Probably not, though.

This, I’m pissed off about. Only because he’s been here before and no matter how many Shelton haters tell me he isn’t ready for the next level, I swear he should be upper-midcarding SmackDown long by now. Once again though, he’ll probably main-event ECW, and if he doesn’t then he’ll mid-card and Regal will take the main-event and we’ll probably see Goldust opening, doing backstage comedy and jobbing.

Shelton is a talent gold mine and even with bright gold hair and a nickname like the “Gold Standard” the WWE writers still don’t seem to see that! Well, I don’t think they can pin it on the fact he’s black.

I don't think it's because Shelty drops the ball on his pushes either, I think it's more probably because WWE gets wrapped up in the blanket of their current main eventers to think of pushing a guy like Shelton up. It seems like only if you have a link to the main event in WWE, you get there. (C.M winning MITB, Ted DiBiase can get there from fueding with Randy etc...)

Yay another Shelton mark! I will likely devote most of my time here bashing him from now on. For one, Shelton should be exclusively working dark matches at this point. He isn't better than Jimmy Wang Yang, and that's what he does now. He shouldn't even be in the upper mid card on Superstars, let alone Smackdown. Shelton Benjamin is not a gold mine for talent. Shelton Benjamin is a waste of space, and doesn't have an ounce of charisma. He is on ECW so they can give him his final chance at making something of himself, without taking tv time away from somebody who deserves it on Smackdown.

Look, I could care very little about Shelton. However he should the ECW champion, and he should be champion until someone as talented as he is in the ring comes along to take it from him. Benjamin is the perfect ECW champion, and I think he needs to be the center of the show. Dreamer should be the GM, and his champion should be Shelton. Honestly he should be champion until the next draft. Holding the longest title streak in wrestling today, the ECW title. I'm sure losing it along the way could happen, but he needs to be champion now!

I have no idea what's gonna happen to Shelton in ECW.

Over the past few months the WWE has completely buried him.

I think it's gonna be impossible for him to come right in and contend for the ECW title when the WWE has completely ruined his credibility as a wrestler.

I could see him feuding with Christian again, but then what?

They're gonna have to build him up by putting him in the ring with tomato cans.

I hope he does well. I'd love to see him feud for the ECW title and win it. Which is possible, because ECW doesn't have a top heel and he can be that.

Shelton Benjamin is not that good. I know thats not real popular to say in these forums but c'mon, he's done shit in his tenure with WWE. He's a good athlete and does some incredibly crazy spots in MITB matches, but, what else? A pretty good match with HBK years ago? HBK can pull a good match out of anybody really. So, Shelton in ECW? Who cares. He'll do what he always does, win a mid card title(ECW belt is a mid card title), and lose it a few months later. Nothing memorable with Shelton. Same as always.

Shelton Benjamin is not that good. I know thats not real popular to say in these forums but c'mon, he's done shit in his tenure with WWE. He's a good athlete and does some incredibly crazy spots in MITB matches, but, what else? A pretty good match with HBK years ago? HBK can pull a good match out of anybody really. So, Shelton in ECW? Who cares. He'll do what he always does, win a mid card title(ECW belt is a mid card title), and lose it a few months later. Nothing memorable with Shelton. Same as always.

Well, that's your opinion. It's wrong, but it's still your opinion.

I wouldn't say someone who wins 3 I-C Titles, 2 Tag Team Titles, and a U.S. Title hasn't "done shit". It's funny how you're trying to downplay his accomplishments

He's had plenty of really good matches since his match with Shawn Michaels 5 years ago.

Just last night he beat Christian in a really good match.

Obviously, a lot of people care if every wrestling forum you go to, people are talking about how good Shelton is.

Ah, there you are... I can't tell you how many times I've shown your posts in the forums, as the example of "how not to post". Anyway, let's see here what we got.

Well, that's your opinion. It's wrong, but it's still your opinion.

Um... The point of an opinion is that it is his, and therefore you really can't qualify it as "wrong". It's just that; his opinion. And opinions, sir, can't be wrong. You're entitled to your opinion, and we may disagree, but then again, I'm not going to say you're absolutely wrong. I'm just going to say why we disagree.

I wouldn't say someone who wins 3 I-C Titles, 2 Tag Team Titles, and a U.S. Title hasn't "done shit". It's funny how you're trying to downplay his accomplishments

I won't, he's won a lot of belts. I'll state that. Vince wanted to try and jump start his career multiple times, and he tries to put the belt on him. But my evaluation of a wrestler is what he does in his reigns.

And you know what are the only things I remember from any of his runs?

[youtube]sJ-uaDs2CYs[/youtube]

[youtube]CTCWske0nOQ[/youtube]

I'm not going to lie... Those are hilarious, and I wish the WWE would have moments like this more often.

But in case you didn't notice, That was all the work of Christian and Chris Jericho. What exactly did Shelton do through that entire reign?

He's had plenty of really good matches since his match with Shawn Michaels 5 years ago.

I don't think I can say any more... that pretty much says it all. You're relying on a match five years ago to prove your point. Why don't you use a more recent example to prove your point?

And I'll use one as to prove that Shelton is going nowhere.

[youtube]8uJ6bO48NtU[/youtube]

And to my belief;

What you do two weeks ago > What you did five years ago.

Oh, and just about everything > Racism.

Just last night he beat Christian in a really good match.

Quite boring, in my opinion. But we're allowed to our opinions, so I'll say what the Hell, he beat Christian. Whoopie!

Obviously, a lot of people care if every wrestling forum you go to, people are talking about how good Shelton is.

I'm sorry... But since his debut on ECW, this is the only time I've heard people discuss Shelton. And the people who talk about Christian... Well, I'll try to be nice about it.

I greatly value the opinion of those that don't like Shelton over the opinion of those that actually do like Shelton.

Including you.

Ah, there you are... I can't tell you how many times I've shown your posts in the forums, as the example of "how not to post". Anyway, let's see here what we got.

Um... The point of an opinion is that it is his, and therefore you really can't qualify it as "wrong". It's just that; his opinion. And opinions, sir, can't be wrong. You're entitled to your opinion, and we may disagree, but then again, I'm not going to say you're absolutely wrong. I'm just going to say why we disagree.

I won't, he's won a lot of belts. I'll state that. Vince wanted to try and jump start his career multiple times, and he tries to put the belt on him. But my evaluation of a wrestler is what he does in his reigns.

And you know what are the only things I remember from any of his runs?

[youtube]sJ-uaDs2CYs[/youtube]

[youtube]CTCWske0nOQ[/youtube]

I'm not going to lie... Those are hilarious, and I wish the WWE would have moments like this more often.

But in case you didn't notice, That was all the work of Christian and Chris Jericho. What exactly did Shelton do through that entire reign?

I don't think I can say any more... that pretty much says it all. You're relying on a match five years ago to prove your point. Why don't you use a more recent example to prove your point?

And I'll use one as to prove that Shelton is going nowhere.

[youtube]8uJ6bO48NtU[/youtube]

And to my belief;

What you do two weeks ago > What you did five years ago.

Oh, and just about everything > Racism.

Quite boring, in my opinion. But we're allowed to our opinions, so I'll say what the Hell, he beat Christian. Whoopie!

I'm sorry... But since his debut on ECW, this is the only time I've heard people discuss Shelton. And the people who talk about Christian... Well, I'll try to be nice about it.

I greatly value the opinion of those that don't like Shelton over the opinion of those that actually do like Shelton.

Including you.

1. Opinions can be wrong. Like it was once the opinion of people that the Earth was flat. That was an opinion, that turned out to be wrong. Either way, I was just joking.

2. I wasn't actually relying on a Shelton match from 5 years ago to make my point. I was saying that he's had plenty of really good matches since his match with Shawn Michaels.

Case in point...

[youtube]HiOoYftnzfA[/youtube]

[youtube]85BQm_Oc-GM[/youtube]

[youtube]AAG6W4S7kCA[/youtube]

I'm glad that you show my posts to other people. I have no idea who you are, nor do I care, but the fact that you take time out of your busy day of eating Cheetos to single me out makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!!!

Look as much as you would like to think that I lie awake at night wondering whether or not you like my posts, I don't.

I was just saying that I disagree with his and your assessment of Shelton Benjamin.

I like the guy, sue me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back