• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shawn Michaels: Beyond His Prime?

Is Shawn Michaels Passed His Prime?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I thought it was his knees actually lol, but the only reason he retired wasn't because of this apparently. He didn't like a lot of the storylines going on with him.
He had a bad neck injury, had bad knees. It was a good move, he didnt want to be completely immobile by the time he reached fifty.

Oh no, he did. I loved the Rock's promos. I aren't taking away from one thing he did, I was a fan of his. I just don't see why, he doesn't return, especially on the Raw anniversary to say something. And there's a reason he is always dubbed Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
I never get why people criticize the Rock, they use Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson because "The Rock" draws, people dont know who Dwayne Johnson is, so apparently Johnson knows that, that is why they use that name.

Probably in that order. With satisfying his ego thrown into the mix somewhere..
Every big star has an ego, but Hogan loved his fans, and he probably still does, he knows we made him big, and he cant take that away, but he helped throughout his career, so who cares about his ego when most big performers have one?

You're losing track of what I'm saying. I know tht's the reason we buy it, but I mean the quality of matches could be rubbish, but it wouldn't matter because we'd already bought it.
I think you are missing your own point for some reason.... You buy the event because the card appeals

If you watch them you'll actually find out.
I have watched their matches, and i dont see how they revolutionized tag team wrestling.

Exactly. What happened in Montreal was Vince's choice. Maybe Vince had known him that long his opinion was more of the worse?
According to Chris Masters, it was HHH's choice

Shawn was ACTUALLY injured.
proof?

I don't mean as a specific to Angle here. I mean Vince needs to try his damn hardest to make sure he doesn't lose out on any talent which could help another promotion.
See but Vince is always bad at grooming home grown talent, he is good at taking other talent and rebuilding. like he did with Taker, Austin, and many others.

I don't WANT him to come back. And in any case, then what would happen? Cena and Hogan..
But I was just using it as an example that it can't just be his injuries to blame. I aren't saying he needs to come back but I was pointing out I didn't see the need in that one random match with Shawn.
It was to make money. So their was a point to the match

I never get why people criticize the Rock, they use Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson because "The Rock" draws, people dont know who Dwayne Johnson is, so apparently Johnson knows that, that is why they use that name.

But it draws, because it's generally WWE fans who watch his moves. Same with The Marine, and See no Evil. We watched them because they had a wrestler in them. Both films are rubbish. I think The Rock should just remember where he came from because at one point he was actually for the fans.

Every big star has an ego, but Hogan loved his fans, and he probably still does, he knows we made him big, and he cant take that away, but he helped throughout his career, so who cares about his ego when most big performers have one?

All wrestlers have an ego to some extent, that much is obvious. But their ego doesn't generally make them need to win something.

I think you are missing your own point for some reason.... You buy the event because the card appeals

Personally I buy it whatever. But the matches could be awful and it wouldn't matter because it's already been bought. Lol, the fnny thing is we've now done this so many times I forgot where the PPV thing originally came from.

I have watched their matches, and i dont see how they revolutionized tag team wrestling.

Before The Rockers, the match ups were almost just about 2 singles matches going on at once. I wasn't about team work as such. The Rockers made it about that.

According to Chris Masters, it was HHH's choice

I'm also on my way around to thinking HHH was the mastermind of this plan. But Vince was worried about Hart not returning the bel, and this wouldn'y have happened without Vince agreeing to it. He actually said to Shawn he wanted to go out there to take some of the heat of Shawn so people know it wasn't Shawn's idea.

Unless we can get hold of his medical records, we can't prove it either way. However how this is spoke about in his autobiography leaves me in no doubt it was a real injury.

See but Vince is always bad at grooming home grown talent, he is good at taking other talent and rebuilding. like he did with Taker, Austin, and many others.

I don't really think it matters where they cam from, as long as he can turn them into great wrestlers.

It was to make money. So their was a point to the match

Deja Vu coming on..lol

But it draws, because it's generally WWE fans who watch his moves. Same with The Marine, and See no Evil. We watched them because they had a wrestler in them. Both films are rubbish. I think The Rock should just remember where he came from because at one point he was actually for the fans.
but he acknowledged his fans for like 5 years. He mad tons of money, so i think the Rock did enough

All wrestlers have an ego to some extent, that much is obvious. But their ego doesn't generally make them need to win something.
See but Hogan was the face, if he was the heel you could have something. But fans usually pay to see the face win.

Before The Rockers, the match ups were almost just about 2 singles matches going on at once. I wasn't about team work as such. The Rockers made it about that.
but it is tag team wrestling, so i dont see where you are heading. it's always been a tag team, and some of the greats were before the Rockers, so saying they revolutionized tag team wrestling is ignorance imo

Unless we can get hold of his medical records, we can't prove it either way. However how this is spoke about in his autobiography leaves me in no doubt it was a real injury.
yeah, because you should believe everything you read. Some stuff is legit but not all.

I don't really think it matters where they cam from, as long as he can turn them into great wrestlers.
If i remember correctly you were talking about talent and how McMahon should hold on to it. But the talent McMahon usually lets go is home grown talent,and they usually turn out to be rubbish. Their are a few exceptions but their always will be.

HBK Match of the year vs John Cena. He keeps on delivering. He may be past his prime, but for some reason the man delivers. Four times in a row again. I mean he doing the same awards that he was doing back when he was 28 at 42 years old. It like Jordan, he got older so he started fading away instead of Dunking, does not mean he was past his prime. HBK can't high fly like the old days, but he still entertains adding a submission element to his arsenal. People talk about how HBK was the figurehead during the low point of WWE, yet HBK was still putting on the best matches of the year and was still the most popular. I wonder what the ratings were doing HBK matches on Raw. HBK is still the greatest/

Okay, first off, HBK is still one of the all time greats and a top competitor on RAW. The only reason he hasnt had the title is because of his recent schedule change just like Rey, which is how I knew he would not beat Edge at the Royal Rumble. When you work a limited schedule you miss house shows or get most off, and the WWE needs the champs at house shows so Rey and Shawn will get titles whenever they get back on a fulltime schedule working all house shows and televised shows. That could happen in 50 years, 6 months, or three minutes.......wait a minute.......... Did I just hear myself say, THREE MINUTES!!!! (LOL) forget that flashback promo, just was watchin Bischoff earlier on WWE 24/7, cant get enough WWE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back