Shane vs HHH in the near future?

kadroan

King Of The Ring
Since Shane has returned, the feud seemed to be Shane vs. Vince again. HHH didn't seem to take Shane as a threat to beat Taker seriously.

However, with Shane back and taking control of RAW at Vince's suggestion, it makes me wonder if HHH and Shane will clash one day.

God please no. No more Shane wrestling. He's not a wrestler. And did you not see how awful HHH's main event at WrestleMania was? Time has passed him by.

God please no. No more Shane wrestling. He's not a wrestler. And did you not see how awful HHH's main event at WrestleMania was? Time has passed him by.

The match was awful because HHH had to carry the entire thing, there was no moment where Reigns had any control over what was happening.

The match was awful because HHH had to carry the entire thing, there was no moment where Reigns had any control over what was happening.

That's an opinion. I happen to be fine with Reigns but felt both, together and collectively, gave a poor performance at WrestleMania.

Bottom line is I am not inclined to want to see a match between a non-professional wrestler (Shane) and an old wrestler with diminishing athleticism and skill (HHH).

Nah, I don't want Triple H Vs. Shane O Mac in a mtch either. I am ok if they lead a team against each other.

And Yes, Reigns Vs. Triple H wasn't good enough to main event Wrestlemania 32. Both are responsible for this, Not only Reigns.

The only matches I would want Triple H to compete in are each against Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Maybe Bray Wyatt too. Nothing else.

Nah, I don't want Triple H Vs. Shane O Mac in a mtch either. I am ok if they lead a team against each other.

And Yes, Reigns Vs. Triple H wasn't good enough to main event Wrestlemania 32. Both are responsible for this, Not only Reigns.

The only matches I would want Triple H to compete in are each against Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Maybe Bray Wyatt too. Nothing else.

I can get behind that. Here's a wild scenario: Between now and Survivor Series in November WWE keeps splitting the roster between Shane's guys and HHH's guys complete with surprising turns/flips/backstabbings along the way...

It culminates at Survivor Series with a "best of 3" Survivor elimination style matches with Shane and HHH choosing teams to compete...

Their sides split the first 2 for the main event featuring 2 teams and the surprise members of the teams are Shane and HHH. That way their actual wrestling is limited but the big payoff is they do square off in the match.

Don't get me wrong I love them both, but if your going to slate Triple H for still being able to main event and be the champ 20+ years after he debuted. Then you have to put Undertaker in that category as well because after watching both matches, trips can go much better than taker can nowadays!

This match shouldn't happen. If the WWE wants to regroup and have an epic WrestleMania next year I would do this....

1) Reigns vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins (WWE Title) - Ambrose wins Rumble, Rollins wins MIB
(The Fans want this match badly give them what they want)
2) The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
3) John Cena vs. The Undertaker (without the injury this would've take place this year)
4) New Day vs. Bullet Club (Tag Titles)
5) Charlotte & Paige vs. Trish & Lita (old divas vs. new divas)
6) Sasha Banks vs. Bailey (Diva's Title)
7) Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor (US Title)
8) Neville vs. Miz vs. Styles vs. Jericho vs. Owens vs. S. Joe (I-C Title Ladder Match)
9) Andre Battle Royal
10) Uso's vs. Lucha Dragons

2) The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
3) John Cena vs. The Undertaker (without the injury this would've take place this year)
I have a huge problem with these 2 matches.

Here is my point: These 4 are great pro-wrestling legends, Right? These two matches could be fun for nostalgia factor. But WWE has been failing to make new stars which is their ultimate need.

Now, how you make new stars? By getting rub off established stars. You could put these 4 in 4 different matches at Wrestlemania and the guys facing them will surely be put over regardless they win or lose. So either they lose or win, they are on the way to become stars which WWE needs most at this time.

That's an opinion. I happen to be fine with Reigns but felt both, together and collectively, gave a poor performance at WrestleMania.

Bottom line is I am not inclined to want to see a match between a non-professional wrestler (Shane) and an old wrestler with diminishing athleticism and skill (HHH).

Yeah that's one of the things I don't like with part timers working with younger talent, no RAW's, Smackdown's, etc. to work on their in ring chemistry.

Team Shane vs Team HHH survivor series winner gets Raw loser either Smackdown or NXT. 1 on 1 match won't be very bad as both of then can still go but i think a traditional SS tag elimination match will be better.

I'm sure we'll see a Shane vs Stephanie/Triple H feud before too long. Honestly I was surprised to see Shane stick around after Wrestlemania so they're looking for a payoff on this somewhere down the line, probably not as far out as Survivor Series but who knows, Shane might have enough room in his schedule to do both WWE stuff and whatever else he's doing. I'd really rather not see Shane vs Triple H or whoever in the ring but I wouldnt be opposed to seeing him lead a team or even be on a team against the Authority.

The groundwork has already been layed for this feud. The Authority are going to want control back and will be jealous of Shane's success running Raw. I think a Shane vs Triple H in a No Holds Barred match at Summerslam would be great. There's a lot of personal history between the two and they have never faced one on one. It would be a good attraction match and I think it will draw in a lot of casual viewers much like Undertaker vs Shane did at Wrestlemania.

First off, no I don't want to see Shane vs HHH. Now that's out of the way, I am anxious to see how they explain the absence of HHH and Stephanie out of the blue. I mean, there wasn't a stipulation, nor did anyone get overly hurt to the point where they couldn't show up to Raw. I'm certain things will clear up more after Payback concerning the Authority, but I'm just confused as to why they would just gloss over this without any explanation.

First off, no I don't want to see Shane vs HHH. Now that's out of the way, I am anxious to see how they explain the absence of HHH and Stephanie out of the blue. I mean, there wasn't a stipulation, nor did anyone get overly hurt to the point where they couldn't show up to Raw. I'm certain things will clear up more after Payback concerning the Authority, but I'm just confused as to why they would just gloss over this without any explanation.

Because they don't think anything through. The writing is lazy and they fail to tell well-developed stories.

Stephanie took an accidental Reigns spear at WrestleMania. Would it have been so hard to make one mention of it and claim she needed medical attention after Mania and is required to take, I dunno, 4-6 weeks off to recover?

Look at what we've seen in the 3 RAW's since Mania... most storylines either make no sense or are poorly written.

Reigns had no natural next opponent or feud so they did a match to determine a No. 1 contender.

Ambrose had no natural next opponent or feud so we are getting him vs Jericho because of a talk-show squabble.

Miz and Cesaro... nothing natural about it since they had to give Ryder the title at Mania and have Miz take it from him the next night. Can't build a rivalry with Ryder.

New Day has no next opponent after a worthless feud with League of Nations so we're waiting for a tournament to play out.

Instead of feuding with Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch after their amazing Mania match we have Natalya vs Charlotte.

Only thing that makes any sense is Owens/Zayn.

So, it's simply a matter of awful creative/writing which doesn't think anything through. It's as though they throw things together the day before an event and don't logically consider stuff for weeks down the road. It's terrible really.

Wowie. Can you imagine Shane taking on a physically fit Triple H? Did you see how difficult it was for over-the-hill Undertaker to carry him through their Wrestlemania Match? I don't ever want to see Shane kick out of a Pedigree. My suspension of disbelief was cut in two watching the non-wrestler kick out of a Last Ride, a chokeslam, and break through Hell's Gates. There's just no way I can see the match be any good. But eh it would sell tickets.

A better idea to me is for Shane and Triple H to hash it out in a power struggle that builds and builds until finally it reaches its conclusion at Survivor Series where they let teams of wrestlers compete to determine who reigns supreme. Is it a bit away? Sure. But WWE has shown that they can continue something for that long and bore the audience to death if they have to.

Because they don't think anything through. The writing is lazy and they fail to tell well-developed stories.

Stephanie took an accidental Reigns spear at WrestleMania. Would it have been so hard to make one mention of it and claim she needed medical attention after Mania and is required to take, I dunno, 4-6 weeks off to recover?

Look at what we've seen in the 3 RAW's since Mania... most storylines either make no sense or are poorly written.

Reigns had no natural next opponent or feud so they did a match to determine a No. 1 contender.

Ambrose had no natural next opponent or feud so we are getting him vs Jericho because of a talk-show squabble.

Miz and Cesaro... nothing natural about it since they had to give Ryder the title at Mania and have Miz take it from him the next night. Can't build a rivalry with Ryder.

New Day has no next opponent after a worthless feud with League of Nations so we're waiting for a tournament to play out.

Instead of feuding with Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch after their amazing Mania match we have Natalya vs Charlotte.

So, it's simply a matter of awful creative/writing which doesn't think anything through. It's as though they throw things together the day before an event and don't logically consider stuff for weeks down the road. It's terrible really.

I believe Ryder got his rematch on the Smackdown after WM and lost.

I like the tag tournament and number one contender's match for a title shot against Reigns. It's better than last year where Sting just showed up and got a title shot against Rollins despite HHH beating him at WM or when Demon Kane got a shot at the title too.

Tag title, beats having the usual opponent beats the champs in a non-title match and it leads to a title match.

I assume Sasha is hurt especially after seeing how involved she was in the tag match on RAW. We already seen Becky vs. Charlotte.

Wowie. Can you imagine Shane taking on a physically fit Triple H? Did you see how difficult it was for over-the-hill Undertaker to carry him through their Wrestlemania Match? I don't ever want to see Shane kick out of a Pedigree. My suspension of disbelief was cut in two watching the non-wrestler kick out of a Last Ride, a chokeslam, and break through Hell's Gates. There's just no way I can see the match be any good. But eh it would sell tickets.

A better idea to me is for Shane and Triple H to hash it out in a power struggle that builds and builds until finally it reaches its conclusion at Survivor Series where they let teams of wrestlers compete to determine who reigns supreme. Is it a bit away? Sure. But WWE has shown that they can continue something for that long and bore the audience to death if they have to.

HHH would allow himself to be more vulnerable.

The Surivor Series idea is interesting but I'd rather them settle sooner than later, it sucks to cheat fans legitimate big matches on lesser PPVs like Battleground.

No offense, but I disagree. To me this has been the best Raw has been in awhile. The absence of the Authority alone brings the show up. And the Authority has been off screen before without explanation. We all know that WM stip was that Shane would not run Raw if he lost and guess what, he lost and he's running Raw. We know there is going to be a Steph/HHH vs Shane storyline with Vince in the middle coming soon. Whether that's a fight between the two or teams at Survivor series who knows? By the way, we recently saw the Authority team at Survivor series and they lost (Sting interference) so I think its more likely to see HHH/Shane. But that will be a bit down the line.

Reigns had no natural next opponent or feud so they did a match to determine a No. 1 contender. - Who else should he fight? Bray - been there done that...anybody but Bray. Ambrose - not the time (see below). Cena - not ready. HHH- just did that. Randy Orton didn't get an immediate rematch when he lost title at WM to Daniel Bryan. Lesnar got "suspended" last year when he tried to get his immediate post WM rematch against Rollins. Nothing new not giving HHH the rematch at Payback. They've picked Reigns to be the guy like it or not. His next opponent is someone new and someone who most wouldn't expect to win the title. Makes sense.

Ambrose had no natural next opponent or feud so we are getting him vs Jericho because of a talk-show squabble. Point taken here. For the past year or so Ambrose has been in the right place but at the wrong time. He's extremely over with the fans but everyone can't be pushed for the title and its clear WWE was pushing Rollins and when he got hurt Reigns. He's coming off a loss to Lesnar. Jericho at least puts Ambrose on the winning side and you can figure something out from there.

Miz and Cesaro... nothing natural about it since they had to give Ryder the title at Mania and have Miz take it from him the next night. Can't build a rivalry with Ryder. Ryder got his career achievement award, not many can say they won a title at WM. With all the returning and new talent recently brought up from NXT Ryder doesn't deserve to be at the top of the mid card. The right thing happened. Fans have been clamoring for Cesaro let's see if he can grab the brass ring. Plus with Maryse back it makes sense for Miz to be more visible and the I/C belt helps that, at least until this new season of Divas ends. (yes what happens on Divas sometimes drives wrestling programs)

New Day has no next opponent after a worthless feud with League of Nations so we're waiting for a tournament to play out. New Day had a good run. Ended up being over way more than most anticipated. Enzo and Cass are going to be the new champions. New Day just need to do enough to kill time and not lose the titles before Payback. Pointless feud with League of Nations accomplished that.

Instead of feuding with Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch after their amazing Mania match we have Natalya vs Charlotte. I would bet a lot of money that Sasha will be champion before end of year. No rush for that. And prior to WM we had already seen Becky vs Charlotte. Also need to build a proper program of just Sasha vs Charlotte without Becky being involved. Natalya buys time and gives us the family vs family thing.

Only thing that makes any sense is Owens/Zayn. Agreed. Can probably get 3 ppvs out of this feud.

At this point I like that things are a bit different than they have been. Let's see where it goes.

No offense, but I disagree. To me this has been the best Raw has been in awhile. The absence of the Authority alone brings the show up. And the Authority has been off screen before without explanation. We all know that WM stip was that Shane would not run Raw if he lost and guess what, he lost and he's running Raw. We know there is going to be a Steph/HHH vs Shane storyline with Vince in the middle coming soon. Whether that's a fight between the two or teams at Survivor series who knows? By the way, we recently saw the Authority team at Survivor series and they lost (Sting interference) so I think its more likely to see HHH/Shane. But that will be a bit down the line.

Reigns had no natural next opponent or feud so they did a match to determine a No. 1 contender. - Who else should he fight? Bray - been there done that...anybody but Bray. Ambrose - not the time (see below). Cena - not ready. HHH- just did that. Randy Orton didn't get an immediate rematch when he lost title at WM to Daniel Bryan. Lesnar got "suspended" last year when he tried to get his immediate post WM rematch against Rollins. Nothing new not giving HHH the rematch at Payback. They've picked Reigns to be the guy like it or not. His next opponent is someone new and someone who most wouldn't expect to win the title. Makes sense.

Ambrose had no natural next opponent or feud so we are getting him vs Jericho because of a talk-show squabble. Point taken here. For the past year or so Ambrose has been in the right place but at the wrong time. He's extremely over with the fans but everyone can't be pushed for the title and its clear WWE was pushing Rollins and when he got hurt Reigns. He's coming off a loss to Lesnar. Jericho at least puts Ambrose on the winning side and you can figure something out from there.

Miz and Cesaro... nothing natural about it since they had to give Ryder the title at Mania and have Miz take it from him the next night. Can't build a rivalry with Ryder. Ryder got his career achievement award, not many can say they won a title at WM. With all the returning and new talent recently brought up from NXT Ryder doesn't deserve to be at the top of the mid card. The right thing happened. Fans have been clamoring for Cesaro let's see if he can grab the brass ring. Plus with Maryse back it makes sense for Miz to be more visible and the I/C belt helps that, at least until this new season of Divas ends. (yes what happens on Divas sometimes drives wrestling programs)

New Day has no next opponent after a worthless feud with League of Nations so we're waiting for a tournament to play out. New Day had a good run. Ended up being over way more than most anticipated. Enzo and Cass are going to be the new champions. New Day just need to do enough to kill time and not lose the titles before Payback. Pointless feud with League of Nations accomplished that.

Instead of feuding with Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch after their amazing Mania match we have Natalya vs Charlotte. I would bet a lot of money that Sasha will be champion before end of year. No rush for that. And prior to WM we had already seen Becky vs Charlotte. Also need to build a proper program of just Sasha vs Charlotte without Becky being involved. Natalya buys time and gives us the family vs family thing.

Only thing that makes any sense is Owens/Zayn. Agreed. Can probably get 3 ppvs out of this feud.

At this point I like that things are a bit different than they have been. Let's see where it goes.

I appreciate the reply and can get behind a lot of what you're saying but I think you're missing my overall point and theme which is simply that WWE, for a while now, fails at telling a good and strong story that makes sense.

I am all for tournaments and things to determine an opponent once in a while. But it's a consistent theme to just randomly place certain people in certain spots without much explanation for why. Feud begins out of nowhere then suddenly ends and not much seems to make sense.

Good writing, whether in WWE or TV or movies has a point and a detailed, well developed storyline from various angles with plots that thicken as it goes and endings that make sense. WWE has been lacking in that department for quite some time. They show flashes here and there, but overall it's not nearly enough.

That was all I was getting at. That even now, there's very little that makes sense. It's just a bunch of random new rivalries/matches at Payback that seem to be thrown together without a good history to explain why or path to a good pinnacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back