Shane O' Mac - Art Imitating Life

If for any reason at all, Shane's "side" loses (him or his rep, as I can't see Shane vs Taker 1v1 being a WM match.... It's ridiculous), then I don't know what to think of WWE anymore.

Such a big shake off, and WWE actually shit talking itself with letting Shane say the Ratings are awful, the product is boring and injuries, I don't see this going against Shane, as it's a huge storyline that wouldn't even survive past a week.

My Big sad assumption is that we're heading to a brand split, since Shane just wants control of RAW, which would lead to Quadrupple H and Stephanie leading the RAW Rewind show that nobody actually watches.

But as other people said, Shane ends up losing, but takes over Smackdown, WWE continues pushing Smackdown Hard, but with it being taped, NOBODY CARES.

As others have said, it's lose-lose.

If Undertaker wins, Shane's return was completely pointless and nothing changes.

If Undertaker loses, he has ANOTHER WrestleMania loss on his record, and it's not even to an athlete, it's to Shane Freaking McMahon, in front of 100,000 fans, in his home state, in what is very likely his last match.

Either way, the fans lose.

In addition, there is ZERO storyline reason for Undertaker to be fighting for Mr. McMahon. If anything, he'd fight for Shane against Vince. The storyline just makes no sense. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see something as stupid as Undertaker laying down for Shane and taking the WrestleMania loss, just to stick it to Vince.

Shane could lose this match against The Undertaker but go on to get some revenge and interfere in the main-event costing HHH the Title.

I will believe Shane vs. Taker is the actual match when I see it actually take place. It makes no sense. Why would the Undertaker fight for Vince?

And when is the last time Shane was a legit performer? He gets a Mania match with Taker? SMH. Nah. No way.

By the way, we've seen this while thing before. McMahon A shows up to stop McMahon B's evil reign.......and within months McMahon A will be doing the same evil things McMahon B used to do. If Shane(or whoever wrestles for him) wins.....a year from now he'll be heel. Probably with Stephanie and/or Vince back alongside him.

It's not impossible. The notion of Vince stepping down soon isn't all that far fetched, though I think it's more wish fulfillment at this point than anything else, because regardless of how many days a week he still hits the gym, Vince McMahon is still 70 years old and just isn't the same person physically that he once was, it's not a realistic possibility. One reason why Vince hasn't gotten all that physical, including what we've seen happen with Roman Reigns, is that he's more susceptible to injury now than he was 15 years ago. I've read that it also takes him much, much longer to recover whenever he's sick; reportedly, a few years ago, Vince had a really bad case of the flu that took him the better part of 4 or 5 months to fully shake.

I also do remember Vince saying not all that long ago, maybe a year or so, when he was asked about who would take his place whenever he stepped down. I won't swear to it, but I think it was asked during a quarterly financial report in which he was asked, and he said that it wouldn't be any one, single person but a number of people who would take over. I could possibly see Shane being given control of the WWE from a generally corporate standpoint, namely the guy who helps oversee the various agreements and contracts with networks, sponsors, merchandise, etc. Shane isn't back because he needs the money or anything; if what I've read is accurate, he has a net worth of $35 to $40 million, whereas Stephanie and Trips are worth about $25 million each so Shane definitely hasn't been a failure since he's been out on his own. Stephanie has been working as the Chief Brand Officer for a while and I could see her staying in that role where she basically helps WWE sell its image by establishing partnerships with various organizations like the Boys & Girls Club, Make A Wish, Susan G. Konen, activities like the WrestleMania Reading Challenge, etc.. I see Triple H staying the head of WWE's developmental program, the head of talent relations and quite possibly be THE final creative word on what goes down pertaining to what we see on our televisions week in and week out in WWE.

At this point, as I alluded to, I think it's more along the lines of something a lot of people are wanting to see happen. There's too much conjecture at this point in time though, also as I alluded to, Shane didn't have to come back to WWE for financial reasons. Why would he suddenly return after all this time just to help sell a WWE ppv? Not to say that isn't the actual reason why he's back, it just seems strange to pop up out of the blue so suddenly just for that particular reason.

Why would he suddenly return after all this time just to help sell a WWE ppv? Not to say that isn't the actual reason why he's back, it just seems strange to pop up out of the blue so suddenly just for that particular reason.
Because Vince is trying to set the indoor attendance record. If this was Night of Champions, I'd agree. This is supposed to be the biggest event ever, so, I'm gonna say that "just to sell a PPV" is the most likely reason.

There's still a faint chance that Taker comes out and says he's going to fight FOR Shane McMahon, which forces Vince to find another pawn, effectively giving us Unbeatable Texas Taker with the huge storyline behind him, vs, whomever Vince wants to get a Taker Rub (Braun Strowman? lol)

I am just having trouble believing that Shane with fight Taker. It's just a lose lose situation for the company. I think all the details aren't there yet, we just have to wait for one or two more RAWs until it makes sense.

I really hope any of these thoughts and feelings about ways the match gets changed come true.

I just have zero faith in WWE actually doing it because their creative/writing team has proven incompetent over and over and over again for the last 2-3 years.

Most of the time, I wish the minds on these boards were the writing team for WWE. The product would be sooooo much better.

Probably a crazy theory, but here goes:

In the next few weeks, Taker comes out to address the match which has been made. He refuses to be McMahons lapdog, so Vince sets Braun Strowman on him who beats the hell out of Taker.

Thus setting up a match at Wrestlemania, The Undertaker (w/ Shane) vs Braun Strowman (w/ Vince or the Wyatts, or both). Taker gets the win, Shane gets control, and Strowman gets the rub of a match with Undertaker.

I do not see WWE booking a match where the crowd should see the Undertaker as a heel, with it being in Dallas and possibly his last match.

Probably a crazy theory, but here goes:

In the next few weeks, Taker comes out to address the match which has been made. He refuses to be McMahons lapdog, so Vince sets Braun Strowman on him who beats the hell out of Taker.

Thus setting up a match at Wrestlemania, The Undertaker (w/ Shane) vs Braun Strowman (w/ Vince or the Wyatts, or both). Taker gets the win, Shane gets control, and Strowman gets the rub of a match with Undertaker.

I do not see WWE booking a match where the crowd should see the Undertaker as a heel, with it being in Dallas and possibly his last match.

The problem is, Braun Strowman isn't believable as a threat to Undertaker. It's just completely implausible.

The problem is, Braun Strowman isn't believable as a threat to Undertaker. It's just completely implausible.

I agree, you are correct.

However illogical booking hasn't stopped WWE in the past.

If he is accompanied by the Wyatts, the impression may be that they all may be too strong for Taker.

All "what if's" and fantasy booking.

This is how Shane going to win. Takers going to be beating his ass Vince going to gloat and do something stupid Taker gonna look at Vince and chokeslam him and quit.

Shane wins

This is how Shane going to win. Takers going to be beating his ass Vince going to gloat and do something stupid Taker gonna look at Vince and chokeslam him and quit.

Shane wins

Maybe something like this plays out where Undertaker grabs the mic and explains how he wants his legacy to be that he's leaving WWE in a good place and believes the only way it's possible is if Shane takes over...

So, he just kicks Shane's behind and entertains for a while, but doesn't pick up the pin. Makes a little speech, pisses Vince off and walks off to a huge standing ovation.

There's one possibility for the "He fights FOR Shane camp that makes a lot of sense..."

Vince pulls the Ric Flair/Shawn on him... "If you lose... you're fired/retired" and he changes it to Taker and Shane vs The whole Wyatt Family... over the weeks and on the night spooky things happen to take first Rowan and then Harper out... leaving it Bray and Braun on the night...

For the LOLs when Undertaker returns on Raw this coming Monday to turn around and say to Vince 'fight your own battles' tombstone him and it lead to something else. Even if it pisses Vince off to have Taker fight someone else. This match has very little market. No one really wants to see it. It'd be better done the way they did Trump v McMahon and have them both pick a guy to fight their battle.

If this is the last Taker match, i can see him tombstoning Shane, so everyone is sure, O'Mac is done, and then just walking away from the match to be counted out and giving Shane "the win"

WTF! Shane fighting Taker in a HIAC match at WM32?

It would make more sense to have Shane fight Triple H in a HIAC. Because it is for control of RAW, it is the son and natural successor against the man he blames for pushing him out of the company. It would make the story make sense, since it is for control of RAW.

Why would Shane fight the Undertaker? Taker is the hardest prospect to beat at WM. Even though I didn't like that Brock beat him, at least it is believable that a guy of Brock's size and strength could do it. No way Shane can beat Taker, especially in HIAC.

This could be Taker's last match, in his hometown. Hell, have Taker fight Bray again (since Bray isn't fighting Brock), or as someone suggested, Kevin Owens, which would be interesting (since Taker is all about respect and Owens shows no-one respect). But to fight a non-wrestler in his first match in years in a match that Taker has fought in heaps before, makes no sense, and doesn't belong on a B PPV, let alone Wrestlemania.

WTF! Shane fighting Taker in a HIAC match at WM32?

It would make more sense to have Shane fight Triple H in a HIAC. Because it is for control of RAW, it is the son and natural successor against the man he blames for pushing him out of the company. It would make the story make sense, since it is for control of RAW.

Why would Shane fight the Undertaker? Taker is the hardest prospect to beat at WM. Even though I didn't like that Brock beat him, at least it is believable that a guy of Brock's size and strength could do it. No way Shane can beat Taker, especially in HIAC.

This could be Taker's last match, in his hometown. Hell, have Taker fight Bray again (since Bray isn't fighting Brock), or as someone suggested, Kevin Owens, which would be interesting (since Taker is all about respect and Owens shows no-one respect). But to fight a non-wrestler in his first match in years in a match that Taker has fought in heaps before, makes no sense, and doesn't belong on a B PPV, let alone Wrestlemania.

Oh I agree with you about Shane fighting Taker. It's a no win situation for him. Taker has been beaten once and that was a former UFC Heavyweight Champion that beat him. Shane O'Mac as much as I like him is not Brock Lesnar.

I have a feeling Shane will find someone to take his place, maybe a returning John Cena, and we'll get Cena/Taker. A match that a lot of people want to see. Don't forget Vince McMahon made this match, you know the Vince McMahon that you think can do no wrong.

They are scrambling at the last minute here to sell these tickets, and everything is going to be thrown against the wall to see what sticks.

Could be a very weak rumour but I heard through a friend that Shane is just a placeholder in case Cena is available. Not sure how legit it is (neither is my friend) or how they could turn the story this way, but that's what he heard.

I liked Shane O Mac's return. Although the storyline he is engaged in is awkward, yet I like it. With his opponent being Undertaker and place being Wrestlemania, Most probably he will lose. There is a very very slight chance of Taker losing.

Well I do hope that someone else face Taker in his place though.

:devil:

The more that I think about this, the more that I think it's actually a work to get Shane to be in Roman Reigns' corner for control of WWE Raw (so that the fans have no CHOICE but to cheer for Roman to win so that Shane can take over Raw), against HHH with Vince in his corner. I want to think that somehow, Undertaker doesn't accept this match, Cena or someone safer becomes his opponent, and the HHH/Roman Reigns match gets the HiaC cage, with Shane and Vince in opposing corners.

It's probably nonsense, but I think that while Shane might be able to do a few big high spots, I don't think that I want to see him actually wrestle.

Oh I agree with you about Shane fighting Taker. It's a no win situation for him. Taker has been beaten once and that was a former UFC Heavyweight Champion that beat him. Shane O'Mac as much as I like him is not Brock Lesnar.

I have a feeling Shane will find someone to take his place, maybe a returning John Cena, and we'll get Cena/Taker. A match that a lot of people want to see. Don't forget Vince McMahon made this match, you know the Vince McMahon that you think can do no wrong.

They are scrambling at the last minute here to sell these tickets, and everything is going to be thrown against the wall to see what sticks.

I never said that Vince McMahon never does wrong. He makes a few missteps (ending the Streak, this, and I have been highly critical for his role in the drug use of WWE wrestlers for decades), but I don't see it black and white and blame him for everything wrong with the company, and can still enjoy it, even though it needs improvement in places.

The fact is, Vince has had more successes than fails, or else there would be no WWE today. You don't do that unless you know what you are doing. I think Vince has lost his touch, but I am not like a lot here, who say he never had it to begin with, and put every bit of WWE success down to the fans themselves.

Even though I back Vince, more often than not I back the guy who has run a successful wrestling company for over 30 years compared to the guy behind the internet who has never run a wrestling company. If you were a sponsor, shareholder or advertiser, who would you back more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back