Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan Capture Gold

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
As we all saw or heard about, Rollins and Jordan defeated the Bar in the main event of last night's Christmas episode of Raw to become Raw Tag Team Champions. This marks Jordan's 2nd tag title run on the main roster, his 3rd overall if you count his run as NXT Tag Team Champion, and Rollins' 3rd title run with 3 different partners, the others being, of course, Dean Ambrose most recently and Roman Reigns back during the days of the Shield.

This came as something of a surprise in some ways, considering it's the first time that Rollins and Jordan have teamed in a traditional tag team setting though, at the same time, maybe not so surprising when you look some factors. On last night's Raw, Ambrose's condition was updated by commentators saying that he could be out "for up to 9 months" due to suffering a ruptured triceps tendon, which was surgically repaired last week. Now there were reports out last week, after Ambrose underwent the surgery, saying that he'd be out for 2 to 3 months so it's entirely possible that the "up to 9 month" timetable is a little mix of fact and fiction. It's entirely possible that 9 months is how long it'd take to have a full recovery if the damage was about as extensive as it gets while the 2 to 3 month timetable could be an indicator of how long Ambrose is genuinely expected to be out; a while back, Braun Strowman had to undergo elbow surgery, minor surgery, to clear up a few issues and was written off TV after Roman Reigns "injured" his arm in a brawl and the dirt sheets reported Strowman would be out for about 3 to 4 weeks while WWE reported he'd be out "for up to 6 months." WWE has also used exaggerated timeline returns for guys like Cena in the past as a means of reinforcing this image of how tough and resilient some of their wrestlers are, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's where they're going with Ambrose, at least that's what I hope is going on.

Another factor to consider are the reports that Sheamus has been dealing with issues related to his neck as of late which, if so, aren't going to be helped by him being slammed around in wrestling matches. I don't think I've read anything suggesting exactly what the problems are or might be, just that they've become more pronounced; if so, then WWE will likely keep a close eye on Sheamus as they're always especially concerned about any sort of neck or cranial trauma. Sheamus is almost 40 and growing neck issues MIGHT mean that his in-ring career could be winding down quickly, which could mean his partnership with Cesaro could be coming to a close in the near future.

As to what this means for the eventual heel turn of Jordan, it could be up in the air at this point though this partnership with Rollins could be a good thing in the long run as they're definitely not rushing things. Jordan could possibly turn on Rollins somewhere down the line, just seemingly out of the blue, maybe this could play a part in the rumors of Dean Ambrose turning on Rollins, if Ambrose really isn't gonna be on the shelf for 75% of next year, with the idea of Ambrose being pissed that Rollins so quickly and easily moved onto another partner.

Like it, hate it, curious, indifferent, keep it all here.

You are going to hear people say well Ambrose is out and they have to push a babyface to tag with Seth because we have no tag teams on raw so Jordan could be the perfect choice. But here is the thing, you have a babyface on your show that could DESPERATELY need something to do on the show and could really REALLY benefit from teaming with Seth and Roman and that's Finn Balor. I would have much liked Balor and Rollins teaming up than Jordan

Wow, every week they continue to do more and more in an effort to get Jordan more "Die Rocky Die!" heat. This seems unnecessary but I'm still curious as to where they are going to go with it. One thing is for certain, everything they do with Jordan makes the WWE audience forget a little bit more why they hate Roman so much.

I found it funny that Jordan was on a mini rant at the beginning of the show with Kurt Angle. He said something about being in a tag team on SD Live and was brought over to RAW to jump start his singles career. Welp there you go, at the end of the night he and Rollins wins the tag belts. So much for the rant.

No real opinion on Jordan yet. He was good with Gable, but that was primarily Gable really. Jordan is kind of boring and even this angle with being Kurt's son, not finding him that interesting. We'll see what happens down the road I suppose.

This pairing is beyond off, but it could lead to something good. First of all, I think they went ahead with a planned title change on the Christmas Raw. Ambrose and Rollins originally beat The Bar, with the Shield all carrying titles into the Royal Rumble match.

But Ambrose got hurt. In still wanting a Christmas title change, this is where they landed. Reminds me a bit of when they threw Eddie and Tajiri together suddenly for a tag title win when Chavo was hurt so they could turn Eddie heel.

My first reaction is could anyone else but Rollins have been the full face paired with Jordan's oblivious heel?

This builds off of Kurt Angle's previous involvement with The Shield. Now his "son" is going to work his way in there. I'm betting Jordan shows up in unauthorized Shield gear, much to the chagrins of Roman and Seth.

Jason Jordan is one of the best guys to put over Reigns or Cena in the Rumble. A wannabe Shield Jason may just be enough to out-heel the often booed faces of the company.

This could be interesting. My thoughts were initially why not anyone but Rollins? It does make the most sense though. They don't want to turn Joe face, as he's one of precious few top heels on Raw right now. Jordan has been interacting heavily with the Shield lately. His "dad" just teamed with them not long ago.

If done right, this could make for great TV, if done wrong - and it easily could - it'll be forgettable.

I don't know where this whole bratty, entitled son angle is going but I have to admit, it's really starting to pay off for Jason Jordan. At first it seemed really stupid (And still does to a point) because the guy is like a dry piece of crab cakes on the mic. But I think the heel reactions he's getting are boosting his appearances on Raw. Any reaction is better than no reaction at all. People hate the guy, they boo when he walks into a shot with Kurt Angle, he's hated when his entrance music plays, his ring gear is super generic and there's nothing special about this guy other than his athletic ability in the ring.

He caused Roman Reigns to get cheered when he got superman punched out of the ring the other week. If the whole goal was simply to get under everyone's skin (I highly doubt WWE creative are that smart) then mission accomplished. But I really think they were heading in another direction and changed plans mid way and went with the flow with Jordan embracing the entitled brat angle. He could end up having a very good program with Seth Rollins if they do it right.

With Ambrose injured, likely past Mania, and Kurt Angle looking like his whole body had calcified in his last match, I wonder if the direction they're heading in is Jordan/Rollins at Mania. If so it could be good for both of them.

A couple of weeks ago, a poster on this site said Jordan was maybe the most interesting character in WWE. At first I thought that was pretty insane because Jordan is one of the least charismatic wrestlers I've ever seen. However after thinking about it, I see their point.

Although I believe WWE's original intention was to get Jordan over as a face, they have created one of their best heels. Jordan is booed every time he is shown on screen and even got Roman Reigns cheered. Who can say that? Two of the best heels in WWE over the last few years, Kevin Owens and The Miz, were cheered over Reigns by a large portion of the crowd.

As far as the actual title win, I'm okay with it. It was certainly a surprise, which can be good. I'm not a huge fan of Cesaro and Sheamus losing the belts, but they'll win them back soon enough. It will also be an interesting situation if/when Ambrose returns and sees Rollins and Jordan as champions. Perhaps that could be fuel for Ambrose's eventual heel turn.

Kinda would be a stupid idea but i feel like they might do the backstabbing storyline next week were The Bar gets their title rematch and jordan double cross rollins and cost them the titles.

anyway i don't see as a long term title reigns and i feel like this was done mostly because they wanted to do something special for the christmas edition of raw.

Why would Jordan, somebody who's been looking for an opportunity each week, double cross his partner a week after winning gold?

I think where all this is leading is the empending Ambrose heel turn. It will probably go something like Seth and Jordan will become friends and they’ll be backstage one night and Seth will eventually say yea you’re a better partner then Dean, and they will lead to Ambrose costing them the belts and start a feud if they still have them by then and personally I really dont

I was quite surprised by the title change. It just seems so random. Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan....? My prediction would be that this eventually leads to some kind of feud between Rollins and Jordan at the next Raw brand PPV. It also depends on how long Dean will truly be out, whether short-term or long-term they could possibly use this for Dean turning heel. The biggest problem with this is how pointless it makes it for them to have split up American Alpha in the first place. Jordan goes over to Raw to work with his (kayfabe) father and work on his singles career. Then he goes and wins the Raw Tag Team Championship. Yeah, that happened. I'll give it a chance. It's just.... strange. If anything the silver lining is that Seth has another Tag Team Championship reign to add to his list of accomplishments.

It is very weird. I dread every segment Jordan is in and I really liked Cesaro and Sheamus as champs. The raw tag team division is going to go nowhere but south because of this.

Why would Jordan, somebody who's been looking for an opportunity each week, double cross his partner a week after winning gold?

Because he see being tag champ as a demotion and see feuding with Rollins as a better opportunity. Let's not forget that Jordan is playing a whining type of character and while not a official a heel, he still playing his character as a heel.

As long as they don't throw the ol' swat vest on Jordan, I'm actually cool with it. I don't mind Jordan as much as he's an incredible talent in the ring. And Seth Rollins is one of the most consistent performers currently on WWE's roster. As great as the tag division matches have been for the last few months on both brands, the team of Jordan and Rollins will do the tag titles justice.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't mind Jason Jordan and I think a lot of the negatives about him are typical internet fan exaggerations. That doesn't mean that Jordan doesn't have a few areas he should improve on, because he does, but I genuinely find it funny that some think that him being Angle's "son" is the worst WWE angle this year. Jordan has a good look and is pretty damn good inside the ring, he also has fans interested in what he's doing; sure he's getting booed, but heels are traditionally supposed to get booed and the heat he gets has fans interested in what he's doing, such as what we've seen with other non-internet darlings like Cena & Reigns, instead of the sort of heat where fans have no interest and change the channel, ala Jinder Mahal.

What shouldn't happen is Jordan being made a member of the Shield, don't put the black SWAT vest on him. Ambrose is out for who knows how long so put the Shield reunion on the shelf, start it back up later on down the road in a year or two or just slowly let it die down altogether. If Jordan is being inserted into a spot with angles planned for Dean Ambrose at some point down the line, then good for him because nobody can turn around and claim a year from now that the kid hasn't been or isn't being given ample opportunities to prove himself. It sucks that Ambrose got hurt but this is how opportunities sometimes come about.

I don't like it. They are pushing Jordan way too far. This leading to Jordan turning heel is stupid. Jason stands no chance against Rollins. Leading to an Ambrose heel turn in the future? Maybe, but any other wrestler could have ended up being Seth's partner.

My wish is that it leads to the whole Angle family turning on Seth and a Rollins vs Kurt Angle match.

If that's not the case then Finn Balor should have been Rollins' partner. They have big history and Balor needs a direction. Jordan already had the whole Angle's son thing going for him.

Or they are just turning Jason into the new heat magnet in order to turn Roman a face. Brilliant.

I don't like it. They are pushing Jordan way too far.

Yea, that's the gimmick. Congratulations.

I was pumped to see this, as its a new direction for both Rollins and Jordan which can lead to ....

Insane matches with the revival

Insane matches with each other

an actual angle for Seth Rollins.

If this can lead to a barn-burner match between the two of them at Mania, all the better.

If it wasn't already firmly etched in stone that Triple H vs Kurt Angle will be happening in New Orleans, because every Triple H feud has to involve a 6 month build up and by the time it happens no one cares, I would have loved to believe this would lead to Seth Rollins vs Kurt Angle at Mania. It does make me wonder if Ambrose wouldn't have been injured, would him and Rollins have won the titles on Monday again? They seem to be in a Joker-Batman feud with the Bar in that they will never stop fighting. I am hoping Ambrose is ready to go before Mania so the turn can happen leading to him vs Rollins at the big show. They certainly deserved to have a match at WrestleMania after their history together.

Jason Jordan is doing fine in his role. While it's basically a universal consensus that American Alpha shouldn't have been split up so soon, Jason is getting the whiney undeserving prodical son routine down and it will lead to everyone despising him even more every week he's on TV. There are a lot of scenarios that could play out with this and that makes it interesting.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan and Seth feud with each other while holding the tag titles. I generally like those angles as long as they don't overstay their welcome. The best thing for Jordan right now is that he keeps getting chances to show off his athletic ability, because he's got a ton of it. It wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to have Jordan/Seth face each other on a PPV before defending their titles on that same PPV. As long as they give Jordan the opportunity to show how much of a beast he really is, and having two strong matches on the same card would go a long way in proving that, he'll be fine. The Rumble is probably not the best time for this considering it's dual branded and there are now two Rumble matches, but the Raw PPV after the RR would make sense.

I'm probably in the minority, but I do see improvement from Jordan almost every week. Considering he's only been a singles competitor for a few months now, I think he's doing just fine. He's not necessarily a natural, and it make take a long while for us to see his payoff, but I see big things in Jordan's future. Let's not forget that it took people like HHH and The Rock a few years to hit their stride. A heel turn would obviously be the best thing for Jordan, but I don't think it needs to happen right away. This gray area character is working great right now so I see no need to change things up so quickly.

I'm hoping that WWE have enough sense that they are doing this so they can setup the split/feud between Rollins and Ambrose w/ Ambrose turning heel because he's pissed about being discarded. Ambrose needs the reset button bad as him as a face is just boring and has been going on much too long. I wanna see him as a heel just cutting people down and really going crazy ala Brian Pillman style (not gonna happen but one could only hope)

Heh, well so much for the Shield reunion lasting.

They had those great t-shirts and everything ... and ...

Ambrose injured so they have to stop it.

To me this looks like the last Shield reunion for quite a while as this Jordan replacing Ambrose has got to be a angle towards Dean feeling discarded by Rollins and turning heel and stabbing ROLLINS in the back somehow leading to a WM match between Dean and Seth. (side note, and Reigns obviously too big to last in the Shield much longer as he's looking to go on to beat Lesnar at WM for the Title)

I'm fine with this booking if this is the way it's leading to and Jordan gets a chance to build his character but holy smokes does Raw ever need to step up their tag team division game!!!

Raw Tag Division is embarrassing aside from Rollins (and Jordan now), Sheamus & Cesaro. I know the Revival are back but that's gonna take some work to get them going. This goes to show again how WWE shoots themselves in the foot by making certain teams complete jokes for so long that they can quickly stick them in a feud again and have it seem legit.

The WWE COULD have Gallows & Anderson and Miztourage's Axel & Dallas as credible tag teams but both have been jobbed to death and would need a lot of work to look credible. But, this is the hole WWE dug so it is better they start trying to crawl out of it than dig any deeper.

Yea they need to at least add s few teams to Raw. It’s time for the authors of pain to get the call up. There’s really nothing left for them in nxt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back