SCW

The theme plays, pyro shoots into the sky in screaming bursts, the crowd roars. It's that time again – time for SCW!

“Hello, everyone, and welcome to another episode of SCW!”

The familiar voice of Joey Styles sounds over shots of the cheering and jumping crowd. The camera cuts to a close-up of Styles, seated in his usual position at the commentary booth.

“I am, as always, your play-by-play man, Joey Styles, and what an episode do we have for you tonight! The chairman of SCW, Dude Love himself, is going to deliver what he promises to be a blockbuster announcement! And speaking of announcements, we have a guest at this table tonight!”

The camera pans over to the left, completely passing over Wade Barrett, who is sitting with his arms crossed and looking extremely miffed, and settles on the third man at the table, Justin Gabriel.

“Justin Gabriel, it's a pleasure to have you.”

“The pleasure is all mine, but don't thank me – thank the Lord for giving us this day, this fine day that allowed us all to come together and commentate this show. He is Great.”

“Er, right,” says Styles, as Barrett just sighs and rolls his eyes. He looks down, trying to remember where he was. “Anyway, the chairman is- Oh!”

“Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the chairman of SCW – Dude Love!!”

The crowd cheers as the owner of the company comes shimmying and shaking down the aisle, doling out high fives to the dancing audience members. He is carrying a large black satchel.

“And here he cometh, the one who writes the cheques, the creative genius behind this company, Mr. Dude Love. Coming from the time of love and peace, this man hath but good in his heart, and surely when the Rapture arrives, he will be given a place among the most high!”

“Translation: He's a dirty hippie.”

Gabriel turns towards Barrett, a cold and icy glare etching his face into a mask of rage. Before either man can say anything, Styles butts in.

“A- anyway!” exclaims Styles, laughing nervously. “The chairman's here with his announcement! Let's hear what he has to say, shall we?”

Dude Love stands in the center of the ring, satchel by his side, as his music fades and the crowd cheers. He clears his throat, and grabs a mic.

“WOOOOOOOOOOO!” he calls.

“WOOOOOOOOOO!” the crowd cheers back.

“Now I'm sure you all are wondering what my huge announcement is, dudes and dudettes,”, the Dude continues. The crowd voices its assent. “Well then, I'll make it quick.

Now, I'm sure we can all agree that SCW has the best tag teams in the biz, am I right?
"

The crowd whoops approvingly, to acknowledge that he is, indeed, right.

"So such teams should be recognized, right?"

The crowd whoops again. Dude Love flashes a smile and a thumbs up before reaching into the satchel and withdrawing two sparkling gold titles and hoisting them into the air.

"Feast your globes on THESE babies! Woooo!"

The crowd cheers at the sight of the SCW Tag Team Championships.

“Of course, we need ourselves some champions, don't we? That's why I've decided to hold a tag team tournament to crown the first ever SCW Tag Team Champions, culminating at SCW Walk of Fame and starting...right now!”

The crowd cheers as Kung Fu Naki and Jimmy Yang exit from the curtain. Dude Love climbs out of the ring, carrying the satchel and belts with him. He passes Tokyo Beatdown as they sprint down the aisle, giving them a thumbs up as their paths cross.

“Wow! What a development!”
“You've got that right, Styles,” says Barrett, seemingly cured of his previous disgruntled state. “A tag team championship for SCW has been long overdue. It will be interesting to see which competitors will come out on top come Walk of Fame.”
“One must remember not to get caught up too much in the realm of material wealth. One cannot take those championships with them once one passes on. For there is no treasure greater than His love, and all who know the light know this to be true.”
Barrett glares at Gabriel, who takes no notice.

The bell rings.

“The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and is the first round of the Tag Team Tournament! Currently in the ring, weighing in tonight at a combined weight of 396 pounds, they are Kung Fu Naki and Jimmy Yang – Tokyo Beatdown!!”

The crowd cheers as Fu Naki plays to the crowd. Yang just stands in the corner, waiting.

“And here we have two men all the way from the mean streets of Tokyo, Japan. Highly skilled in the martial arts and made tough from their childhoods of scrapping in underground arenas in order to pay their ways to America.”
“Fighting is a sin...They will get theirs come judgment day.”
“But, Gabriel...” Barrett starts to say, but is interrupted by the music of Tokyo Beatdown's opponents.

“And their opponents, weighing in tonight at 450 pounds...Trent Barretta & Caylen Croft - The Dudebusters!!”

The crowd boos loudly as The Dudebusters make their way out of the curtain, high-fiving each other and walking to the ring with purpose.

“The Dudebusters look extremely fired up tonight.”
“As they should be; this is a major opportunity for them. Neither Dudebuster has tasted gold as of yet in SCW.”
“Could it be because they are the personifications of sloth, that sin most deadly?”
“No, I rather think it's because we haven't had a tag team championship for them to win in SCW until now.”
“All right, you two, stop arguing; we have a match going on.”

The bell rings, with Croft and Kung Fu Naki starting us off. Naki strikes a karate pose, hands lifted. The two men circle each other around the ring, neither daring to make the first move until Naki steps forward and brings his leg up in a sharp kick. Croft catches the leg and pushes forward, sending Naki sprawling to the mat. Naki jumps back up immediately and rushes Croft, taking him by surprise and causing him to back into the ropes. Naki smacks Croft's chest with a chop that echoes around the arena.

“Ouch!”

Croft tries to make his way to his corner, but Naki starts throwing kicks at Croft's legs, causing him to stumble. Naki runs to his own corner and tags in Yang, who leaps over the ropes, dives towards Croft's legs, and locks in a brutal-looking submission, hooking the legs and twisting them in a way they were never meant to be twisted.

“Crofty's not going to be playing much Dance Dance Revolution after that.”

Croft is screaming in pain, fighting to get out and tag his partner. The crowd is going wild, screaming for him to tap out, but suddenly Croft manages to roll and kick a foot up, causing Yang to loosen his grip enough to allow him to escape. Croft lunges towards his partner, tagging him in. Barretta steps through the ropes, obviously angry at what Yang did to his partner. Full of rage, Barretta rushes towards Yang and flattens him with a huge clothesline. He picks up his opponent and swings him around, throwing him across the ring!

“How is that even possible?”
“Adrenaline is a wonderful thing.”
“Wrath. That's another sin they're guilty of...”

As the crowd boos loudly, Barretta lifts the prone form of Yang from the mat, and throws him towards Croft, who catches him and holds Yang's arms, preventing escape. Barretta lifts a fist.

“Falcon...

PUNCH!!
"

As Barretta screams these words, he draws his arm back and blasts Yang in the face with a vicious punch, knocking Yang out of Croft's arms, sending him crashing to the mat, out cold!

“Oh my God!” squeals Styles.
“Their finishers get more and more ridiculous each week, but if they work...”

Barretta goes for the cover.

“One...Two...Three!!”

The bell rings.

“Here are your winners – The Dudebusters!!”

Croft steps gingerly into the ring, before throwing an arm in the air. Barretta and Croft hug each other as their music plays and the crowd boos. Croft motions for a mic, and Howard Finkel hands him one.

“3 Count!” he says. “You'd better win your match tonight! And when we finally take each other on again, it'll be Game Over for you.”

And they leave the ring. The camera cuts to the commentary booth.

“Some powerful words from the Dudebusters,” says Styles.

“But of course, Styles. The Dudebusters seem to have really gotten their acts together these past few weeks, and they want their rematch.”

“They just may get it. We'll find out later tonight as the Tag Team Tournament continues! And speaking of tag teams, we have a huge main event tonight!”

“Tonight we have a freak and a wannabe-superhero taking on a man stuck in high school and a pirate. I'm not sure 'huge' is really the right word.”

“Of course it is, Barrett. We have some of SCW's top stars in a tag match the week before Walk of Fame! Goldust and The Hurricane vs. Alex Riley and Paul Burchill! It's going to be one for the ages, so be sure to tune into SCW as the night of tag teams continues, next!”​

We come back from commercial to see the General Manager of SCW, Sandy Scunthorpe, standing in his office with his boss, Dude Love. They are conversing eagerly about the tag team tournament and the upcoming PPV.

"I'm telling you, Mr. Love, it was a great idea." Scunthorpe is saying. "We're going to be getting so many great matches out of this. The Legion will face 3 Count, Deuce N Domino will face Too Cool, and I can't wait to see what potential matchups we could have at Walk of Fame!"

The Dude nods approvingly. "That's all well and good, man, but where do the Spirit Squad fit in this? I've been noticing them, they're a talented group of youngsters and deserve their shot.”

“While I may not agree with their methods, they certainly are talented,” Scunthorpe agrees. “That's why I've advanced them to the semifinals already. They will face the winner of Deuce N Domino vs. Too Cool at Walk of Fame!”

“Woo, baby, things are just h-e-a-t-i-n-g up!” Dude Love glances over his shoulder. “Hey, Sandy, I'm going to grab a cup of coffee. Do you need anything?”

“Thanks, but not right now.”

Dude Love shrugs and leaves. Scunthorpe turns to shuffle some papers on his desk. Suddenly, a large hand clamps down on his shoulder. The camera stays focused on Scunthorpe's face, which is now full of fear. The man who is gripping Scunthorpe's shoulder speaks.

“May I ask why you haven't put my daughter in any matches since her loss to Beth Phoenix several weeks ago?”

Scunthorpe swallows hard. “Well, Signor Mancini, time issues-”

He blanches as Don Mancini tightens his grip.

“I'm going to make an offer you can't refuse. I want my daughter in a match, tonight.”

“Yes, yes sir.”

“And I want her to be on the pay-per-view.”

“Of- of course!”

“Good.” Mancini loosens his grip and turns to leave. His face is still off-camera, but one can tell his head turns towards Scunthorpe one more time. “One more thing: Make sure you give her an opponent she can beat, or else.”

The door slams as Mancini takes his leave, leaving Scunthorpe to sink into a chair and massage his temples.

“Oh God, we're all screwed.”

“Now, Barrett, it won't be that bad, surely.”

“Yes it will! Serena's going to go out there and something's going to piss her father off and we'll all have horse heads in our beds before you can say 'Godfather'.”

“We brought it on ourselves by turning our backs on The Light and associating with The Darkness.”

Barrett turns incredulously towards Gabriel.

“We??”

Any further bickering is cut off by the sound of the ring bell, causing both Barrett and Gabriel to flinch. Howard Finkel stands in the ring, mic held up to his lips.

“The following contest is scheduled for one fall!”

“Introducing first, from South Beach, Florida, weighing in tonight at 235 pounds...”Showtime” Percy Watson!!”

The crowd roars as lights start flashing in time with the music and Percy Watson comes strutting out of the curtain, clapping his hands and laughing.

“Things just got from bad to worse.”
“Now, Barrett, Percy Watson is a talented and energetic individual that- Hey!”

As Watson is walking down the aisle, five figures race from the curtain and ambush Watson, knocking him to the ground and attacking with stomps galore.

“The Spirit Squad! They're beating the hell out of Watson!”

Security comes running from the curtain, followed by stretcher-bearers. The security guards wrestle with the Squad, tugging them away from the groaning and bloodied form of Watson. The stretcher-bearers gingerly lift Watson and place him on the gurney, wheeling him away as the detained Squad jeer.

The camera cuts back to the commentary booth, where all three men are listening intently through their headphones.

“Well it seems the show must go on and we're going to continue to our next match...Watson was scheduled to compete tonight but as we just saw, he was the victim of an absolutely brutal attack by The Spirit Squad, who has been a thorn in Watson's side for quite some time now.”

“While I would never wish ill on anyone, I'm almost glad it happened so we don't have to see that man make a fool of himself dancing around like he does.”

“And speaking of dancing...”

“Oh for God's sake...”

The crowd cheers loudly as Too Cool's music hits and the trio of Scotty 2 Hotty, Grandmaster Sexy, and Rikishi enter from the curtain, dancing in time with the song.

“The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is the second round in the Tag Team Title Tournament! On their way to the ring, accompanied by Rikishi, at a combined weight of 422 pounds – Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexy...Too Cool!!”

“Hey now I want to hear all y'all clappin' those hands and stompin' those feet!” yells Scotty into his mic as the crowd cheers.
“I want to see you grooving along to our funky BEATS!” calls Grandmaster Sexy.

The crowd responds by dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin' as Too Cool begins to rap, walking to the ring with Rikishi dancing by their sides.

“Station wagon cruisin' on the south of sixteenth
Tappin' on my brakes to the sound of my beats
Got the red lights blinkin' with the sound of the heat
Ain't no samplin' 'cause we don't cheat – YEAH!
”

Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexy roll into the ring as Rikishi uses the stairs. Once in the ring they continue their rap.

“Feelin' kinda charged, got a positive flow of cash
Can't tell my mood by the sound of this rap
So quit actin' tight, take a notch out of yo cap
Take a roll of fives and put a tip in my hat!
”

The three men start to do an elaborately choreographed hip hop dance in the center of the ring.

“My cash
My jewels
My car, it ain't no thing.
My cash
My jewels
My car, it ain't-
”

The crowd boos loudly as the happy rapping times are interrupted by a loud car horn sounding. Deuce N Domino ride out onto the stage in their bright red convertible.

“I am so glad that that horrible music was stopped. Talking about greed as though it's some kind of petty misdemeanor! Awful!”
“For once, Gabriel, I can say I somewhat vaguely agree with you!”

The car pulls to a stop at the top of the ramp, and the two greasers step out and start walking down the aisle.

"And their opponents, from The Other Side Of The Tracks, at a combined weight of 465 pounds...Deuce and Domino!!"

Deuce has a microphone in his hand, and he starts to speak when the team is halfway down the ramp.

“Ey! Domino, what're those things in the middle of the ring?”
“Look like Socs to me, Deuce,” Domino replies.
“I hate Socs!” spits Deuce.
“I ain't exactly a fan of them myself.”
“So whaddya wanna do about them?”
“Same thing we always do – Let's rumble.”

And they rush the ring, sliding under the bottom rope and attacking Grandmaster Sexy and Scotty 2 Hotty.

“Both teams are full of vigor and the will to fight tonight!” says Styles as Too Cool and Deuce N Domino brawl.
“Of course they are, Styles! Both want to advance to the semifinals of the Tag Team Title Tournament!”
“Which team will come out on top? We'll find out as SCW returns!”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back