Save_Me_Y2G!!! Return to the past???

Sometimes fate is out of our hands. Regardless if you believe in God, if you believe in fate, things will happen the way they are meant to happen. It could be by random chance that your Parents ran into her. It could be by random chance that you and her ever first met, and shes made this much of an impact on your life.

I don't exactly think anything is random chance though. I can retrace most everything thats been important in my life to a crossroads, a decision I made that lead me down that path, to that individual. Whether that was me making my own decisions, or God or fate secretly showing me the path to take, I'll likely never know.

The thing is, you can lie to a million people. You can lie to the entire world, and even attempt lying to God. But you'll never be able to lie to yourself. So why try?

This girl meant the world to you. If you feel its best if she lived her life without you as someone important in it, then thats your decision, but you'll never know what SHE wants from you.. if you don't ask. And the most important thing of all is you honestly shouldn't be making "her" decision, just because you "assume" something bad.

Thats admirable. We as humans generally don't feel we're good enough for those we truly love. I could greatly be wrong on that, and it could be more my own opinion on the matter as well. But the fact is, you're basing this off of believing that you aren't good enough for her because of the things you've done in your life.

When the fact is, you don't know she would see it the same way. She loved you at one time. She cared for you, and she obviously remembers you. Good or bad, if she remembered you then you made some type of lasting impression, especially when you haven't seen each other for years.

Don't sell yourself short, simply because you see all the negatives in yourself. Because the right person won't look at those negatives and see an awful person, but instead accept them as imperfections, which everyone has.

You assume, I would presume. You can't know for a fact that you would treat her like shit unless you're preplanning to do so. You "assume" you'd do that, because its what you've done to every other girl who wasn't her. But keep in mind the reason you likely did it, was because in the back of your mind (or directly up front) you knew who you wanted.. and none of them, were her.

The bolded part is what I want to stress on the most. Because I've been there. Its NOT fair to hold onto someone, when you love someone else. Its NOT fair to simply settle down and become stagnate with one person, merely because its a safe bet they won't leave you.

Its NOT fair to them, to give you all of their love, when you can't give it back in return. If you become complaisant to her, then all you'll be doing in the long run is hurting both of you and any children you may come to have together.

You have to let go of the past and release the grip on the memories. I'm not saying forget them. I'm not saying quit holding love for the girl from your past. I'm simply saying, don't just settle in another relationship because you feel its what you need to do.

Hollywood ending don't happen often. If ever at all. I won't tell you to stop dreaming that they could, hell I still dream that they could, but in all likelyhood you take what you get. And you live your life to the best of your abilities.

Life is a risk. Love is a chance. You don't gain anything, by constantly playing it safe. You go out, you life, you learn. You fall, you get hurt, but you keep picking yourself up with more knowledge than before.

I know you're scared of seeing her again. And if you don't wish to, or want to, then don't. But do NOT do it due to being scared. Because this girl has meant the world to you at one point.. and you don't just suddenly give all that up, because you're afraid of the outcome.

Life goes on, regardless of anything. She lived her life without you, because she had no alternative. You can't just stop living because you aren't with someone.

This is a personal demon that you really can't blame on her. You can opt to claim it was in light of the situation regarding her, but it was your own decision.

The thing I honestly feel you need to do, before all else, is fix yourself. You need to focus on repairing and rebuilding your own life. Become stable. Don't rely or depend on anyone else giving you happiness, or giving you a better life.

Its up to YOU to live your own life. Its up to you to make your own decisions. Good or bad, at least you're living for yourself and not allowing someone to control you, or make your decisions for you.

My drinking problem I could blame on the situation I had with her as I like the feeling of being intoxicated, but over time I've learned that I think about her more when I'm drunk but it just doesn't feel as bad. I control my drinking better than before, but I need to quit all together.

My thing is, if she wanted to really talk to me, or see, she would have done it by now. And I truly think my parents overreacted on what she may or may have not said. So I kind of like glad they told me they spoke to her so I can get out some feelings, but I doubt we will ever see each other or speak. AS in 3 years apart, I have see or spoken to her once. I live in a small town, if you can not see someone for 3 years, the rest of my life won't be hard.

As for just settling. I can learn love, because I'm that type of person. I just need a reason and its cool with me. People say you need love to make a relationship work, but I've see people in love break up alot faster than those who are not. Sometimes you just need a common ground. Maybe trying to reach the same goal.

I was talking to a friend about this the other day, she said we would make a great team but we would never be in love with other. Like we both want kids, a spouse with a solid career and goals. We both are the same path & we are cool, but I would never fall in love with her, because I see as just her. So I I think I could be in a relationship without love. Hell if I have sex with a girl and don't have a feeling for her, a relationship can't be that bad.

My drinking problem I could blame on the situation I had with her as I like the feeling of being intoxicated, but over time I've learned that I think about her more when I'm drunk but it just doesn't feel as bad. I control my drinking better than before, but I need to quit all together.

Drinking doesn't solve problems though. It only creates more. If it dulls you, or helps ease pain then what happens when you sober up? You go back to that same pain? You can't go through life drunk 24/7. You have to figure out another route on how to deal with the painful feelings.

And again, its not precisely her fault though. You decided to let her in. You made the decision to build her up the way you did. You can blame her until the day you die, but unfortunately its not her job to make you happy. Its not her job to change your life.

My thing is, if she wanted to really talk to me, or see, she would have done it by now. And I truly think my parents overreacted on what she may or may have not said. So I kind of like glad they told me they spoke to her so I can get out some feelings, but I doubt we will ever see each other or speak. AS in 3 years apart, I have see or spoken to her once. I live in a small town, if you can not see someone for 3 years, the rest of my life won't be hard.

Are you saying you and her have lived in the same (small) town for 3 years, and neither of you have had contact in that amount of time? How small is this town?

As for just settling. I can learn love, because I'm that type of person. I just need a reason and its cool with me. People say you need love to make a relationship work, but I've see people in love break up alot faster than those who are not. Sometimes you just need a common ground. Maybe trying to reach the same goal.

I can't argue this point. Love hurts and it kills relationships at some point because some people suffocate their love onto others.

However you have to understand there is a major difference between a loving relationship, and a mere friendship with someone. So if you don't love whomever, yet you tell the world you're in a relationship what would happen if that girl fell in love with some other guy?

Sounds to me like you're scared of a major loving commitment. Sounds to me like you're afraid of being scarred as badly by another, as you were by this first girl.

I was talking to a friend about this the other day, she said we would make a great team but we would never be in love with other. Like we both want kids, a spouse with a solid career and goals. We both are the same path & we are cool, but I would never fall in love with her, because I see as just her. So I I think I could be in a relationship without love. Hell if I have sex with a girl and don't have a feeling for her, a relationship can't be that bad.

So what would you explain to your child? Would you tell them that if they feel too scared with life, to just settle?

Furthermore, how would you explain to that child your situation, when they figure out you don't love each other? That more or less you're friends with benefits or nothing more than roommates? That child would grow up with a warped view on love and relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back