• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sasha vs Bayley - 30min IronWoman Match, Main Event @ Takeover - For Womens Title

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Not seen this mentioned on the Forum at all. Confirmed by the Twitter pages earlier today, Sasha will take her title rematch against Bayley in the form of a 30 minute Iron Woman match.

Not only that, but this match WILL be the main event of the next NXT Takeover.

Fuck. Fuck. Yes.

Their match at Takeover was absolutely amazing, but an awful lot of that is due to Bayley finally getting the belt. I'm not sure a second go round will have the emotional investment the first one did.

Can't wait for the final 10 seconds when Sasha has Bayley in the Bank Statement and then the clock runs out with Bayley being up 1 point to retain the title.

That'll be fantastic to watch.

I'm actually more interested for what comes next. NXT lost Sasha, Becky and Charlotte and those three (alongside Bayley) were what made NXT's female division look great. I guess it's time for Emma to shine next, but they'll need some time after this match until I care about anyother gal. I'll savour this one.

Can't wait for the final 10 seconds when Sasha has Bayley in the Bank Statement and then the clock runs out with Bayley being up 1 point to retain the title.

That'll be fantastic to watch.
Eh, that's a heel finish. Sasha Banks is a "cool heel", but Bayley's an unabashed face who'll have to continue carrying the title. Had this match happened six months ago you might see that kind of result, but Sasha's leaving NXT, and there needs to be a definitive ending.

So this goes down in either two ways; Sasha gets a 2-0 lead, Bayley evens it or gets the 3rd fall right as the time-limit expires, or they do the Bret/Shawn thing and go to sudden death at 0-0.
I'm actually more interested for what comes next. NXT lost Sasha, Becky and Charlotte and those three (alongside Bayley) were what made NXT's female division look great. I guess it's time for Emma to shine next, but they'll need some time after this match until I care about anyother gal. I'll savour this one.
Keep an eye on Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. They're new and currently saddled with Generic Diva Music and Generic Diva Gimmick, but they've both got several years of experience behind them, and more time on TV will allow their characters to flesh out more. Sasha Banks didn't start as The Boss; Becky Lynch started with that horrible God-awful "I'm Irish!" gimmick. Peyton and Billie are generic characters now, but they'll be going places.

I'm actually more interested for what comes next.

BBBBBBBLUE PANTSSS!

Seriously though, they got Kana coming in soon and two of the "jobber" women are actually really good talents in Peyton Royce and Billie Kay, especially Royce. Those 2 should get some more time to shine, plus with Kana coming and Emma and Bailey already there, the division is not as weak as it currently seems.

I support Kay and Royce since Billie is a personal friend of mine as well as someone who helped train my during my time doing pro wrestling, so look out for the Aussies to start making more of a impact soon.

BBBBBBBLUE PANTSSS!

Seriously though, they got Kana coming in soon and two of the "jobber" women are actually really good talents in Peyton Royce and Billie Kay, especially Royce. Those 2 should get some more time to shine, plus with Kana coming and Emma and Bailey already there, the division is not as weak as it currently seems.

There are a lot of female talents that they can just pick whenever they want. I read that they were looking for a TNA alumni some days ago, so yes, they can always build the division back up. As for Kana, I'm afraid that they'll just stick a generic gimmick on her and then totally lose interest. She's a good worker and she's as experienced as Sara del Rey.

Anyway, still interested to see what comes next.

I wouldn't worry about how thin the division looks right now.

The current crop of women who just recently made the jump weren't finished products from the start either, yet they all developed nicely and organically through the NXT product. The new wave like Dana and Carmela are making rapid strides, and coupled with another round of high level signees- like Kana, Athena, and possibly Nikki Storm, the division should look well filled out by the time Bayley is ready to drop the title and make the jump herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back