SANTINO AND KOSLOV

WweBreezybre

Occasional Pre-Show
Anyone else wondering what the hell happened to their Tagteam? I think maybe they got lost in the shuffle again which is disappoining.I had high hopes for them. If I was Wwe I would turn them heel and have them fued with The Hart dynasty.It would be so much better than seeing comedy jobber Santino and.........O Koslov by themselfs. If you were Wwe what would you do with this team .

Nothing, they are a comedy tag team who should be used as a stepping stone for real tag teams to get tag title shots they should never get any themselves. They should also be used for comedy purposes as they are currently being used so they are perfect as they are right now. Also how can you say that they have been lost in the shuffle, they were never in the shuffle to begin with, just becasue they have been off TV for the past couple of weeks dosent mean they are gone. It is just smart of Vince to keep them off TV in the build up to SSLam he knows it is an important PPV and it should be given a serious build up and things cant be taken seriously with Santino around. Anyway once SSlam has been and gone they will be back on TV (although I hope not).

I think they are getting lost in the shuffle of RAW. It is quite obvious that they are comedy jobbers and are not the highest on WWE's priority list. With everything building up to Summerslam, there just isn't time for these guys on television. It's that simple.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything different with them. I am not a big fan of them (well at least not Santino), but they are useful to job. They are better as a face team, as they can job to heel teams such as The Dudebusters, The Uso Family, and The Gatecrashers. Although I like Kozlov somewhat and think he could be doing slightly better, this team is probably the best these two are going to get and they're fine where they are.

The next time there's a lame celebrity guest host on Raw there's a good chance that they'll be wrestling Regal in a horribly thought out and booked match. It does feel that all the time they spent on this such as the gradual turning of Koslov and the horrible dance segment have been wasted and it is always unbelievably annoying when things like this happen. Hopefully they showcase the team more often and gradually transition the team into being a credible tag team that maybe many many many many months down the line could be involved in a tag title feud of some sort. I've heard that Santino is a decent wrestler, or at least in the indies he was, and it would be nice if they gave him some time to showcase that talent. Sure this guy can do one hell of a comedy angle but there's only so much borderline Eugene Santino that I can take.

Hey Yo!

Santino, Kozlov are comedy relief. Nuff Said.

Even if they become an onscreen tag team week in week out, they won't amount to nothing because they are just their for the sake jobbing and making me laugh when they are on TV and they don't do that very well often too. So who cares.

>.- Kozlov seems to have a case of John Morrison syndrome. He went to Raw and the best they've done for him is stick him with Santino in a position where he'll never get a real chance to shine again. Just like someone in the back has a hard-on against JoMo, methinks someone's got a prob with Vladimir. Great talent's being wasted there. It's not Santino's fault though.

I don't get why we would even need them to be a tag team. I mean they're the comedy part of RAW, that's all they will ever be. Kozlov is nothing anymore, and Santino has been zero ever since he lost the Intercontinental championship, where he still were a comedy act.

Why we would want to see this, is absolutely beyond my comprehension. They're practically only there for shits and giggles, so why they would need to tag team, or for that sake even be put in any position to give them a feud over anybody that are FAR beyond their level of legitimacy and potential is beyond me.

I don't get why we would even need them to be a tag team. I mean they're the comedy part of RAW, that's all they will ever be. Kozlov is nothing anymore, and Santino has been zero ever since he lost the Intercontinental championship, where he still were a comedy act.

Why we would want to see this, is absolutely beyond my comprehension. They're practically only there for shits and giggles, so why they would need to tag team, or for that sake even be put in any position to give them a feud over anybody that are FAR beyond their level of legitimacy and potential is beyond me.

To be fair Santino did get to have an onscreen relationship with Maria and then another one with Beth and I would chop off my left testicle to be with Maria. I find it sad that they replaced the great T&A that they used to showcase every week on Raw with these annoying comedy angles, even if the segments sucked we still had Trish, Torrie, Stacy, Sable, and the other sets of tits I don't remember the names of in bikinis/lingerie/mud wrestling/yanking each others clothes off to jerk it to. Now if Santino turned into the Godfather and brought back the ho's now that would make him a legitimate mid carder in my book, all he'd need to do is turn the Cobra into the Pimp Hand

To be fair Santino did get to have an onscreen relationship with Maria and then another one with Beth and I would chop off my left testicle to be with Maria. I find it sad that they replaced the great T&A that they used to showcase every week on Raw with these annoying comedy angles, even if the segments sucked we still had Trish, Torrie, Stacy, Sable, and the other sets of tits I don't remember the names of in bikinis/lingerie/mud wrestling/yanking each others clothes off to jerk it to. Now if Santino turned into the Godfather and brought back the ho's now that would make him a legitimate mid carder in my book, all he'd need to do is turn the Cobra into the Pimp Hand

And were Santino more than just a comedy act back then? No.

So it wouldn't make any difference, Santino wasn't worth anything else than shits and giggles without the Intercontinental championship, which were only worth watching him with when he was with Beth Phoenix, who still struck me as the dominant champion of the two back then.

Santino is a comedy act for life. Our forum post-count ranks even says so :)lmao:). So why would I want to give any care to watching him being turned heel, or getting a push in any manner when it's obvious the only time he's worth watching is for comedy acts? I sure as hell wouldn't want to watch Santino getting pushed over the Hart Dynasty, young wrestlers who has a lot of potential in the future. Hell probably any of the slightly legitimate tag teams currently active deserves more of a push than Santino ever will.

And were Santino more than just a comedy act back then? No.

So it wouldn't make any difference, Santino wasn't worth anything else than shits and giggles without the Intercontinental championship, which were only worth watching him with when he was with Beth Phoenix, who still struck me as the dominant champion of the two back then.

Santino is a comedy act for life. Our forum post-count ranks even says so :)lmao:). So why would I want to give any care to watching him being turned heel, or getting a push in any manner when it's obvious the only time he's worth watching is for comedy acts? I sure as hell wouldn't want to watch Santino getting pushed over the Hart Dynasty, young wrestlers who has a lot of potential in the future. Hell probably any of the slightly legitimate tag teams currently active deserves more of a push than Santino ever will.

The WWE definitely dropped the ball on Santino when they never thought to let him gradually improve his inring ability after the Milan Miracle. I do agree though that I am happy that Santino is not stealing the push of younger wrestlers that aren't severely limited in the ring due to their characters though it has been laughable seeing Santino come to the rescue during some of the Nexus attacks when we all know he could be booked to even lose to someone like Funaki and nobody would care. I'm thinking that the WWE should use one of their hopefully last comedy sessions to show Kozlov turning on Santino and "injuring" him so that he can be off tv for a while so that they can repackage him and show that "this NEW Santino sure can bring it in the ring." With that in mind I still prefer my Godfather character idea, maybe I'm just blinded by my love of the ho's.

One of these days I will get that forum rank and I too will be a Santino but I won't let my comedy jobber days last for life!

Santino shouldn't be repackaged, nor should be be booked anything different. He has absolutely nothing to do outside of the comedy skits that he is currently in. Besides the crowd likes it, so Vince won't have him repackaged for the sake of giving the guy a push, mostly because he's not worth it.

Kozlov doesn't need to turn heel either, especially not on a guy like Santino, he's nowhere near the point where he could possibly regain the push he were getting back in 2008. It wouldn't really make sense for him to all of a sudden get a push, after only dominating, or being jobbed out in the lower mid-card and ECW environment.

Besides you constantly compare him in some manner or another to The Godfather, who were not much more than a comedy act as well. The only time I really saw him make a difference in the card in any manner was during Right To Censor, and he still weren't anything big back then. So that wouldn't make sense to try copying him in any manner, especially not in a PG environment.

Santino shouldn't be repackaged, nor should be be booked anything different. He has absolutely nothing to do outside of the comedy skits that he is currently in. Besides the crowd likes it, so Vince won't have him repackaged for the sake of giving the guy a push, mostly because he's not worth it.

Kozlov doesn't need to turn heel either, especially not on a guy like Santino, he's nowhere near the point where he could possibly regain the push he were getting back in 2008. It wouldn't really make sense for him to all of a sudden get a push, after only dominating, or being jobbed out in the lower mid-card and ECW environment.

Besides you constantly compare him in some manner or another to The Godfather, who were not much more than a comedy act as well. The only time I really saw him make a difference in the card in any manner was during Right To Censor, and he still weren't anything big back then. So that wouldn't make sense to try copying him in any manner, especially not in a PG environment.

The Godfather is more of a personal preference in that I would be more entertained by it and I just like the thought about him doing an Italian accented promo about his Pimp Hand. I haven't seen much of Kozlov since I have lacked a tv in my college dorm the past year and never got to see ECW to the point that I had no clue who Sheamus was when he won the title so I was unaware of his ECW jobbing career and only remember the dominant Smackdown heel that would destroy anybody that got in his way, usually with a sick headbutt. While dancing Kozlov was the funniest part of the otherwise dreadful segment on the horrible Viewers Choice night I still find it deeply sad that a once devastating heel can become so irrelevant (Khali Syndome?). You do make a good point about Santino being perfectly fine the way he is since the crowd loves him despite his nonexistent showings in the ring and less than dominant championship reigns as you pointed out. The Godfather was a fun character to watch in the attitude era before they turned him PC with the RTC crew but that faction so I will give you that as well.

The Godfather is more of a personal preference in that I would be more entertained by it and I just like the thought about him doing an Italian accented promo about his Pimp Hand. I haven't seen much of Kozlov since I have lacked a tv in my college dorm the past year and never got to see ECW to the point that I had no clue who Sheamus was when he won the title so I was unaware of his ECW jobbing career and only remember the dominant Smackdown heel that would destroy anybody that got in his way, usually with a sick headbutt. While dancing Kozlov was the funniest part of the otherwise dreadful segment on the horrible Viewers Choice night I still find it deeply sad that a once devastating heel can become so irrelevant (Khali Syndome?). You do make a good point about Santino being perfectly fine the way he is since the crowd loves him despite his nonexistent showings in the ring and less than dominant championship reigns as you pointed out. The Godfather was a fun character to watch in the attitude era before they turned him PC with the RTC crew but that faction so I will give you that as well.

There weren't really much of a direct jobbing period. He had a very long mix of both winning and loosing against Christian and Tommy Dreamer as a part of a Regal faction with Ezekiel Jackson and Kozlov as his lackeys, never really amounted to much except Ezekiel winning the ECW championship on it's final night.

Kozlov had become irrelevant before he went to ECW as far as I remember, he never really were that dominant guy ever in 2009, after he lost twice in a row to Undertaker and Shawn Michaels when they were building their Wrestlemania feud, he never really did much more ever since. And I don't see why they would want to push him again now when they've clearly dropped him all the way to comedy act. The same really goes for Santino, but he just never amounted to anything but a comedy act as well as a comedy champion.

It's a shame a good talent like Kozlov is going to waste...I don't get why they are a team..it has seriously killed Kozlov IMO, because when he first arrived he was like a russian monster, just like Big Show and Kane were when they first started, Kozlov could have been that next monster, but just like WWE killed the monster in Show and Kane, they have done the very same thing here with Kozlov...and he never even got that good push...I will never take him seriously anymore...

As for the team...they can do whatever, leave them as they are or just have them horsing around the ring doing funny stuff..

Knowing how weak the tag team division is compared to what it was back in the 80s, 90s and early 00s, it wouldnt surprise me if the WWE put the unified titles on Santino/Koslov. The straps have definitely lost a lot of their value from the days when teams like LOD, Demolition, the Hart Foundation, Strike Force, the Brain Busters, the Steiner Brothers and more modern teams like Edge/Christian, the Hardys, and the Dudleys fought for the titles. There are really three legitimate teams in the WWE (Hart Dynasty, Usos, and Dudebusters) and none of which are largely over. Based off this, I wouldnt be shocked to see Santino/Kozlov win the unified titles just for the fans that enjoy their comedy. Not saying its written in stone, but I wouldnt be surprised if it happened.

It's a shame a good talent like Kozlov is going to waste...I don't get why they are a team..it has seriously killed Kozlov IMO, because when he first arrived he was like a russian monster, just like Big Show and Kane were when they first started, Kozlov could have been that next monster, but just like WWE killed the monster in Show and Kane, they have done the very same thing here with Kozlov...and he never even got that good push...I will never take him seriously anymore...

As for the team...they can do whatever, leave them as they are or just have them horsing around the ring doing funny stuff..

Kozlov has been "killed" since last year when he got pinned by Undertaker in the Elimination Chamber and HBK the week after. Kozlov was nothing special to be honest. He had a few good matches here and there but he wasn't somebody I could see dominating WWE for a long period of time. If nothing else, teaming with Santino makes him more interesting which he couldn't do much on his own.

All of you people are actually wrong. Damn... guess I'm the only one watching Superstars. Not only have Kozlov and Santino been featured on TV week in and week out, they are also undefeated in tag team action. Just last week they've picked up a victory against The Usos. Yes, sad but true. I just pray to God that that win didn't make them the new #1 contenders for the unified tag team championships. *shudders*

All of you people are actually wrong. Damn... guess I'm the only one watching Superstars. Not only have Kozlov and Santino been featured on TV week in and week out, they are also undefeated in tag team action. Just last week they've picked up a victory against The Usos. Yes, sad but true. I just pray to God that that win didn't make them the new #1 contenders for the unified tag team championships. *shudders*

I would actually like to them be the #1 contenders for the unified tag team championships. What makes the Usos and Hart Dynasty so much better than them? The Usos can't get heat to save their life but maybe that's because the Hart Dynasty is so dull. The only reason people cheered for them was because they had Bret with them. At least Santino and Kozlov actually get a reaction.

I don't mind the tag team. Like it has been established.. They are funny. How many times have you watched a match on Raw and went "Well, that sucked."? At least you can laugh with one of their matches. Koslov is pretty solid if the other guy can work around the fact that he is a big mofo who should be whooping ass instead of mat wrestling. And Santino is so damn charismatic, why should he be doing something else?

People talk about how the companies "throw" away money by having certain matches on TV. Well, merchandise makes as much money as PPV in theory: If 10 buddies do a pot to help pay for the PPV, that is 40-50 bucks. Now if 2 of those buddies brought a WWE t-shirt at 20 bucks a pop, that is 40 dollars. What if one of them has a son that is a fan of someone? That is an extra 10 bucks for his t-shirt.

And why can't they be tag champs? They actually get the crowd going, something that the Uso's or the Hart Kids REFUSE to do. Okay, maybe the Uso's are getting the short end of the stick, but I don't see how anyone can thing the Hart Kids are worth a damn now that they have been pushed hard since Bret came back.. And they are having bad/flat matches with people like The Miz and Jericho.. THE MIZ AND JERICHO! [/rant]

Kozlov has been "killed" since last year when he got pinned by Undertaker in the Elimination Chamber and HBK the week after. Kozlov was nothing special to be honest. He had a few good matches here and there but he wasn't somebody I could see dominating WWE for a long period of time. If nothing else, teaming with Santino makes him more interesting which he couldn't do much on his own.

Actually he had had a good showing against Taker and HBK. Nah, I'm pretty sure what killed him was that title match. It was supposed to be him vs HHH and Edge got added. I think the addition of Edge is what really killed it. It seemed that backstage, Kozlov wasn't trusted to carry a decent match with HHH.

Now Kozlov has the talent to get it done. I've just not been big on comedic things.

To be completly honest,
I don't want to see them again,
Y
Because I get sad,
They've put Koslov in a position where he can never amount to anything,

But I still like Santino by himself,
He's uber over,
& Still funny as hell,
& Not that bad a wrestler,
I think it's time to bring back the greatest champions of all of the times,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online