Brock Lesnar vs Vladmir Koslov

TheRealLionheart089

Occasional Pre-Show
Lets say sometime soon Koslov won the WWE Championship, and since Brock Lesnar is the UFC Heavyweight Champion and they both have legitimate fighting/grappling backgrounds, what if there was some type of agreement between WWE and UFC to let them fight each other MMA style on TV?

The buy rates would be huge on both ends.

Vladimir Koslov (36 years old)
-6'8" 302lbs
-2005 USA Open Heavyweight Sambo Champion
-USKBA International Heavyweight Grappling Champion
-trained in freestyle wrestling, sambo, kickboxing, judo, and mixed martial arts

Brock Lesnar (31 years old)
-6'3" 265lbs
-1999/2000 Big Ten Conference Champion
-2000 NCAA Division I Champion
-1997/98/99 North Dakota State Univ. Heavyweight Champion
-1999/2000 Big Ten Conference Championship

While Koslov is bigger, Lesnar has won more titles.

So who do you think would win in a MMA fight between these two?

It's one of those interesting theories, despite the fact it's never going to happen. To be honest, Koslov on paper looks better suited to the grappling aspect with his martial arts background. Add to that the fact that Koslov is bigger, has a longer reach but with that comes the risk that Lesnar can avoid contact.

Both are really strong, big guys. I'd give Lesnar the nod on toughness and power, but Koslov on style. That being said... overall, I'm giving this to Lesnar on the sole basis that he's used to the atmosphere of MMA and knows what he's doing. I mean look at his first fight. He made a slip up and lost and I could see Koslov doing the same.

But I doubt this will happen due to the dislike of WWE and Lesnar

I agree that Kozlov looks better on paper than Lesnar, but I think Lesnar would go over Kozlov in an MMA fight. Like Polley said, he's used to the MMA atmosphere, and that would be a major advantage to him. Lesnar also looks like he's stronger than Kozlov, and would be able to take him down. I think his brute force would be enough to get him over Kozlov. But this has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening.

I remember seeing a press conference with Lesnar during his amateur wrestling days. Someone asked 'what do you bench press?', and Lesnar said 'whatever I want'.
I may be paraphrasing and uncertain if this was real or a figment, but my point is Lesnar is much stronger. Not only that, but I believe that Lesnar's speed would allow him to grapple circles around the Russian oaf, despite his previous MMA training. This being said, I should mention that I'm basing almost all of this on what I've seen from these guys in their WWE tenure. I may be way off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back