Sandman's release

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinkey1

Pre-Show Stalwart

Here are some details regarding The Sandman's release from WWE on September 11.

When they were on tour in South Africa in early September, he got drunk with some of the wrestlers before a flight. Road agent Ricky Steamboat was sitting in front of a wasted Sandman. Sandman put an unlit cigarette in his mouth and Steamboat turned around to tell him that you can't smoke on an airplane. Sandman scoffed back at Steamboat by saying that the cigarette wasn't lit and that he didn't have a lighter on him anyways. It was simply in his mouth for the 'taste'. Ahh, addictions.

Ayways, on one of the shows on the tour, due to time constraints, some wrestlers were pulled from the show, including Sandman. Sandman thought it was Steamboat's way of getting back at him. He then called Johnny Ace asking for his release from World Wrestling Entertainment. A few days later on September 11, Ace gave him his release from the company.

Prior to his release from the company, McMahon wanted to turn him heel and give him a significant run on Raw because the brand is desperately lacking heels. McMahon was a big fan of The Sandman's unique character, hence his promotion from ECW to Raw back in June.

There has been a lot of speculation about his released, all pertaining to him and Ricky Steamboat. What I want to know, is how do we know McMahon was planning to push the sandman. It may be true that he was a fan of his character, I can't argue against that.
BUT
If McMahon really had big plans to put him over as a big heel on Raw, I highly doubt Vince would have accepted his release. After everything Randy Orton has "allegedly" done wrong in the past didn't seem to keep him from regaining the WWE title. The WWE always had big plans for Randy Orton, and they never fully deviated from them.

Does anyone really care about Sandman anymore i mean i loved his matches when he is in the original ECW but when he came back he was garbage he couldnt do anything except drink beer and hit people with the cane he had no muscle at all to do any sort of wrestling move i was ready for his realese and happy it came

sandman was and still is an ecw original my be hes just had his time and its come to an end bacause of vine mac
i loved ecw when it was hardcore but naw its just wwe whith wwe wrestlers
and wwe rules eg no hardcore matches no flaming tables and bo barb wire
thees days its just so boring and its so esey to work out who will win the match

sandmans release was a good thing for sandman, he was being wasted on raw and when he was on ecw they shouldve let him wrestle for the ecw title, he was one of the ecw originals and yet he didnt get one shot at the title he held 4 times i think, where does sandman go from here, people would say tna but he's already been there but at least if he goes there he wont get held back and will start smoking his cigarrettes and come out to the enter sandman song by metallica but he wont get pushed as a main eventer there, maybe he should try out roh but you know what i thought of a suitable promotion for him, czw, its not ecw but its hardcore like the old ecw was, spike dudley went there so i think sandman should go there too

I don't think he would have recieved a main event heel push, the most Sandman could have dreamed for was an Intercontinental title feud that went to a PPV match. Even that is a longshot, no matter how much Vince may have liked the gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back