Breaking News: Sandman Fired

Thank God! Finally the Sandman is free from McMahonland and will hopefully return immediately to the indy curcuit where he can finish out his career doing what he does best- drink beer, smoke cigarettes and swing canes.

Not sure what to think of this. i liked Sandman but i saw this coming sooner or later. Sandman is not that much needed for many reasons. one of them being that he wasn't that much of a good wrestler. so i dont think this is that much of a big deal that he got fired.

Thank God! Finally the Sandman is free from McMahonland and will hopefully return immediately to the indy curcuit where he can finish out his career doing what he does best- drink beer, smoke cigarettes and swing canes.

I'm 100% in agreement with you, It was only a matter of time from the time he was drafted to Raw everybody knew this was coming, and I could be mistaken but didn't Sandman want his release a long time ago, like around the time when Heyman was sent out the door, could be wrong but that's what I remember, Sandman never belong in WWE, he belongs in the indy's where he can wrestle his hardcore style, though I woulda liked to see a Sandman/Stonecold beer drinking contest though;)

RVDGurl, im not a indy expert, so, which promotion do you think Sandman will go? back to Philly? going to japan First and then return to the american Indy scene?
I just hope he doesnt go to TNA :D

I guess being an ECW Original is a damn curse this days....

RVDGurl, im not a indy expert, so, which promotion do you think Sandman will go? back to Philly? going to japan First and then return to the american Indy scene?

I really don't see him as part of TNA, I know he wrestle for them a long time ago, and I don't think he liked it there, I see him wrestling for smaller promotions, and maybe making some appearances in promotions like ROH, not sure though, he doesn't really wrestle a ROH style

Before he signed with WWE, Sandman did small Indy shows. I don't think you'll see him back in TNA and ROH is not a good fit for him. Pennsylvania has a kick ass indy scene so I am counting on gettig to see good old Hak in action a few more times.

I'm not really suprised by this release and it won't affect WWE at all. I'm suprised they ever hired Sandman in the first place. He has charisma, I'll give him that, he always had an exciting enterance and persona. But as soon as he stepped into the ring he always looked like crap. Even in the original ECW, he looked like crap unless he was swinging a weapon. I respect everything he did in ECW, but will not miss him in the ring.

I Cant Believe They Gave Him That Big Of A Segment This Past Raw. As Soon As Rvd And Sabu Departed I Figured Sandman Would Be Right Behind Them. His In Ring Ability Is Awful And Other Than Chugging Beers And Using His Kendo Stick He Is Useless As An Actual Wrestler. Forget Roh, Or Tna I Think Perhaps He Should Forget About This Wrestling Thing And Perhaps Pursue A Career As A Bouncer At A Strip Club. If He Does Show Up In Tna Though It Would Have To Be With A Faction Of Former Ecw Alumni. That Might Actually Work. Other Than That Or Maybe Doing A Couple Of Jobs To James Storm After An Arguement On Who Drank The Last Beer

It's not just the length of the segment he did on RAW that surprised me, it's the fact that he originally "won" the RAW GM Battle Royal only to be tricked by Regal. I mean, he's the classic "close, but not quite" guy.

I also wonder what this means for the other remaining ECW originals such as Stevie Richards, Tommy Dreamer, and Balls Mahoney. It's a slow phase-out program that I am a little disappointed with. Vince could have used the ECW show to bring back the hardcore division.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=191635904

The Sandman had been nothing but a model employee for the majority of his WWE run. He's been known to turn up early, suggest ways he can help put other guys over and do everything that is asked of him. This being said it was a shock to see the ECW original fired.

Early sources indicate that The Sandman may have shown up less than 100% to work during a recent international tour.

PWInsider.com also notes that on the plane ride home he might have exchanged words with Road Agent Ricky Steamboat.

The general Sandman character is also considered to be distasteful with the pending Congressional Hearings.

Well I know i'll miss Sandman but then again I've missed the true Sandman since pre spike tv ecw days. The old I'll cane everyone in the room Sandman was a blast to watch and the Raven took my wife and child angle was one of the very best imo. Overall I agree with most people that he'll do alot of indy stuff and I could see a "special" apperance in tna sometime say alongside Raven or if Sabu shows up anytime soon. Never a great wrestler though he never had to be. And the White Russian Leg Sweep with the cane is a pretty funny move and the rolling rock. Never let it be said this man wasn't true to his gimmick and love for the business. Anyone that would stay locked up at home for a month to sell a blind angle deserves major respect.

They should of gave more ECW originals besides Rob Van Sham the title. I like the direction they went in with John Morrison and CM Punk and Burke has charisma and with the way they are pushing BDV he is going to get it eventually. I would've like to see more depth as far as ECW in WWE but this is nothing like ECW and it is not a good product currently. If anything they should've named it something different so it would not tarnish the ECW name. I would like a tag-team division in there and more wrestlers because the same feud for 4 Months was BORING... lol this was about Sandman. Good luck to where he goes. TNA or Indies

They should have kept the ECW guys ECW. The Sandman had to be watered down again to go on RAW. I mean he eventually had to lose the beer thanks to the Austin appearances. After that they made him a glorified jobber. Why they fired him I don't know, I'm guessing it was an image thing. IMO the best thing they could have done for the Sandman would've been to give him back his beer and Cigarettes and send him back to ECW. Albeit ECW is now only a shell of what it used to be. I kind of compare it to WCW's Saturday Night show right now.

I'm really disappointed that Sandman was fired. I never really heard of him being a big problem backstage, so I don't know why this release happened. I'd guess that it was because with all the bad press and impending congressional hearings, It wouldn't look good to see a guy you smokes, drinks heavily, and hits people with a stick. I think after all this bad press cools down, Sandman will be back, mostly because WWE needs him.

He most likely got fired because of the lawsuit he was in and Congress is starting to investigate the WWE. Also, his character drinks like a fish and hits people with canes. I love it, but WWE doesn't want anyone like that associated with them with the investigation looming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back