Sabu AND Sandman's Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneo_22

Dark Match Jobber
It is believed that ECW originals Sabu and Sandman may not be around to much longer because the creative team dont have anything for them.
Are they serious? How can you not have ideas for these two. Yeah they may not be able to wrestle to well without weapons but come on the amount of ideas i have for these two. Firstly i think you could scrap having test as the number one contender and give that to RVD and then have Lashley turn heel by Lshley becoming Vince's new pet bi@tch and Vince telling Lshley to beat on ECW originals. Then RVD and Sabu rebel against Vince and stand up to Lshley then Vince puts Sabu and RVD in a championship match against Lashley at wrestlemania, then Sabu and RVD realize they want the tittle bad and fight against one another and Vince thinks his taken care of that. So its
RVD vs SABU vs LASHLEY at WM 4 the tittle.

Then for Sandman he could turn heel and for no reason at all beat the shit out of Tommy dreamer with his cane. And get the fans to really feel sorry for Tommy by getting Sandman to leave Tommy bleeding and with in a inch of his life in the middle of the ring. Then those 2 have a match a WM.

Also have both these matches Extreme rules matches. I think the Sandman vs Tommy Dreamer will really make the original ECW fans happy.

If WWECW wasn't so lame, Sabu and the Sandman would have good storylines. It's hard to push anybody when you take away what makes them unique. In the real ECW, the SAndman was involved in one of the greatest angles ever in wrestling (raven v. Sandman) so the creative powers that be can't say that Sandman can't work a storyline. If the last episode of ECW is an indication of what is to come, then I think Sabu and Sandman will be alright.

Yeah both Sandman and Sabu can work, but given that creative hasn't a clue about either man, they are stuck doing nothing. But after tuesday night I think their futures are secure for the moment.

It's more that the creative team don't believe they can work a good match without there weapons. Sabu can without the move limitations and Sandman can do some stuff. More then Big Show atleast. It's just with all the limits the WWE have they can't do nothing without there weapons. I remember before Sabu got all this heat Vince was so intrigued with him and his character but because of the heat he is getting pissed and it seems as if he is finding a reason to fire them. I doubt he will fire them. He might stop using them but he won't fire them because of the fear of them going to TNA.

From what I saw Tues. it looks like Sandman, Sabu, Dreamer, and Balls are forming a stable of ECW originals, and look to be feuding with Burke and probably a bunch of new ECW wrestlers, this could be good for the originals, it will give them a storyline and keep them on TV, I could see a possiable WM match coming out of this, an eight man tag match or something

If WWE feel Sandman and Sabu and work without the aid of gimmick's then there's only one solution. Let them use there gimmick's If WWE made al ECW match Extreme Rulez most of the ECW Original's would be superstar's. Sandman and Sabu are over as they are but imagine what they would be like if they were allowed to wrestle how they wanted.

No kidding. Vince brings in all these ECW Originals who have never had to worry about being DQed, or counted out, etc. And then wants them to fight without being able to use what made ECW? I think Vince is doing to ECW what he did to WCW, just bringing in the talent, and killing them off. Just the fact that Vince didn't want the ECW Original's on his shows, so he brings back the whole company as a 3rd brand and tries to run every ECW Original into the ground and bury them.

They brought in the Originals in order to have the link between the old ECW and this version. The difference is that people like Sabu and The Sandman thrived in th original ECW because of the Extreme Rules enviroment. Let's face it, Sandman can't wrestle and needs Extreme Rules to have good matches, Sabu is a decent wrestler, but his strength lies in using chairs, tables and performing sick spots.

Once the Extreme Rules matches were taken away, it was pretty much a given that creative would have nothing for them. Its not that they can't find storylines for them, its just that the payoff (the matches) won't be all that good, if its strictly a WWE type of match.

They are two great performers. If ECW was how it is supposed to be, extreme all the time and no rules, it would be better. it basicly turned into a nationally televised developmental show. The name of it isn't Extreme Championship Wrestling for nothing.

Sabu and Sandman would kick ass in TNA and I hope that they someday get that chance. I agree that Vince will hold each of them to their contracts to keep them from jumping to the competition, but if RVD goes to TNA this year, keeping Sandman and Sabu will do nothing to save his sinking ship!

It's the creative team's fault that these gentlemen don't (or until the current ECW originals angle) have much of a push on the new ECW. They need to embrace their strengths (the weapons and violence) and not worry about their weaknesses. They didn't have the Big Show trying to do moonsaults of the top rope, something tells me that would have been ugly. And their strengths fit right into what ECW SHOULD be. I can see where they might not want them on RAW or SMACKDOWN because they are typically pushing a different vehicle. Their strengths are what has made them fan favorites and it needs to be embraced, not put on a shelf.

It's the creative team's fault that these gentlemen don't (or until the current ECW originals angle) have much of a push on the new ECW. They need to embrace their strengths (the weapons and violence) and not worry about their weaknesses. They didn't have the Big Show trying to do moonsaults of the top rope, something tells me that would have been ugly. And their strengths fit right into what ECW SHOULD be. I can see where they might not want them on RAW or SMACKDOWN because they are typically pushing a different vehicle. Their strengths are what has made them fan favorites and it needs to be embraced, not put on a shelf.

One thing that Paul Heyman did well was taking a wrestler and amplifying the strengths while hiding the weaknesses. One of the greatest things about the Sandman was his entrance. For 5 minutes and 17 seconds, he put on a performance that had the audience on its feet, and that was before the match even started. He worked the crowd so well that by the time he got to the ring, he was "the man". Sandman was seen as a bar room brawler who came to the ring, not to wrestle, but to fight. Heyman gave him the latitude to do that.

Similarly, Sabu did things in the ring that no one else had ever seen before. His body was his weapon, and ECW was just the place for him to showcase an innovative arsonal of moves that the average wrestling fan had never seen before. With his "style" taken away from him, he just becomes another mat wrestler, which is exactly what he is not. He can blow people's minds with what he can do off the ropes, but many of his moves are banned. This hurts not only the wrestler, but the quality of the matches that presented.

One thing that Paul Heyman did well was taking a wrestler and amplifying the strengths while hiding the weaknesses. One of the greatest things about the Sandman was his entrance. For 5 minutes and 17 seconds, he put on a performance that had the audience on its feet, and that was before the match even started. He worked the crowd so well that by the time he got to the ring, he was "the man". Sandman was seen as a bar room brawler who came to the ring, not to wrestle, but to fight. Heyman gave him the latitude to do that.

Similarly, Sabu did things in the ring that no one else had ever seen before. His body was his weapon, and ECW was just the place for him to showcase an innovative arsonal of moves that the average wrestling fan had never seen before. With his "style" taken away from him, he just becomes another mat wrestler, which is exactly what he is not. He can blow people's minds with what he can do off the ropes, but many of his moves are banned. This hurts not only the wrestler, but the quality of the matches that presented.

Preach it Preach It!!!! Thats thetruth and as long as WWE is doing what they are doing this ECW they will never get to do what they can do. I see Sabu leaving eevntually maybe after Mania and Sandman well just use him to beat people up with his kendo stick..

I kind of like the new breed vs. originals but it'd be nice if they'd have the originals win. It would've liked to have seen 4-on-4 though, extreme rules, and originals kick ass. Ok so that sounds kind of crazy but that would've been cool.

It is only the start of this feud, this is one of those feuds that can go on until Survivor series, if they manage to keep RVD and bring in more originals( Stevie Richards anyone?)

lol Shadowmancer, I'd love to see Stevie back in the WWE with the old daisy dukes on, that'd be great.

And in regards to Sabu and Sandman...if WWE doesn't hold onto these guys they are absolutely insane. TNA would surely snatch up Sabu if not both of these guys if they were let go. Sabu is one of the few reasons I still tune into the ECW show.

Yeah they will prolly need to bring more originals in to help fight like Stevie Richards who is doing nothing in ECW right now or hell even Terry Funk he is listed under the roster but has not appeared on the ECW show yet. This is just wishful thinking but maybe even Tazz come out of commentating and have him wrestling for this angle.

Terry Funk isn't even signed to WWE. He is still listed as an extremist for the same reason that The Rock and Hulk Hogan were listed as Superstars on RAW, its to do with the fact that he is a big part of ECW History, as well as WWE and WCW history, Anyway the Funker is wrestling in another promotion. Tazz's body is to screwed to do much wrestling anymore, why do you think that his match at ONS II was pretty much a squash match over Jerry Lawler. They went and released a number of originals that could have been good for this feud, Amish Roadkill was released and noone noticed, Danny Doring was released, by himself, then they did the mass cut of Mamluke, CW andersen and others that could be good additions to this storyline. but that just shows how quickly creative comes up with decisions if they need to. It also shows how short sighted the people in charge of personnel are if the charcters don't have a storyline planned.

That reminds me they still have Little Guido. I didn't think they got rid of Roadkill i could have swore he went down to OVW or DSW? but i could be wrong, but yeah regarding Tazz and Funker thats why i was saying wishful thinking heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back