Sami Zayn's NXT Debut?

MINISTRYrising

Championship Contender
This week on NXT we saw the debut of Sami Zayn. For those of you who don't know Zayn is better known on the Indy circuit as El Generico. Sami has won many championships on the indy circuit since his debut in 2002 and had the feud of the year in 2010 with Kevin Steen. During his Debut, Zayn looked impressive in his win over Curt Hawkin's before going on and upseting Antonio Cesaro later on in the night.

So what did all of you think about Sami Zayn's debut and how far do you think he can go in the company.

I thought he did pretty well. I've only seen a couple of El Generico matches, so I can't compare it to anything. I thought the DDT he hit on Hawkins was wicked and sold perfectly. He seems like a guy the fans could get behind and he also has an intense look to him, despite his size.

I think he'll work out well in the WWE midcard scene and could probably put on good/great matches with Cesaro, Fandango, Ohno, Rhodes, Sandow, etc.

I was impressed by the NXT debut. That NXT was great. I just have it on my PVR and don't want to delete it. It's really awesome that WWE hired him. I think with the success of Punk, Bryan, Amrbrose and others WWE is now more open to hire guys who don't look like body builders and guys that can go in the ring and are passionate about wrestling. This is an excellent thing.

I loved that show, he debuted and beat Curtis Hawkins, and then Cesaro did a great promo there's no one Raw, Smackdown, Saturday Morning Slam, Superstars or NXT this is competition for him. Zayn came out, Zayn spoke french to him, it was great. As El Generico Zayn was a Rey Mysterio type daredevil with a lot of fierce power moves like the brainbuster. You let this guy really go and the crowds will be chanting "This is Awesome" or his familiar "Olay Olay Olay"

I like his mask, and questioned whether WWE should have got rid of the whole "El Generico" look but I like his mike skills and I'm very intrigued where they go from here.

Seems like a great wrestler with a bright future.

He's got high flying skills and mat wrestling skills so he can really get the crowd going.

As Sami Zayn they don't have him in a mask like El Generico but when they are ready to bring him up to the main roster they could and he could fill the void of baby face masked wrestler once Rey Mysterio retires (probably soon) and Sin Cara may be let go since he's not catching on as well.

I'd say Zayn could be in NXT about 2 years and then be called up to the main roster.

I think he will be called up much sooner than two years to be honest. He showed great ring presence and also some pretty decent mic skills in his brief promo.
I didn't follow him in the indies as El Generico so I'm viewing him as it's happening now. I honestly think the WWE have a lot of talent coming through and Triple H must get praise for this.
I personally can't wait to see more of him.

NXT creative team is the only group of people ive seen be less creative the raw or sd so Ill give him a break but tbh I fast forward through his promo it had the such little substance there was nothing to draw me in he also needs a character change i dont even know what his character is meant to be just the nice guy? its not going to go anywhere. His matches where good though I need to see more of him before in wwe before im convinced he is worth while. Some guys do well in the E some dont dosen't mean their not good but wwe is a different ball game the likes of sin cara and kaval while very talented just dont have the it factor for wwe standards. I dont is Sammy does but I guess time will tell.

Hawkins sold that DDT like a champ. Has been awesome for years and with the surge of new talent I for one am getting excited for the future! Again I don't get these shitty names they get stuck with like I understand WWE want to have the rights to the name and all but gawd dang it's horrible. Also put Hawkins back on TV!

It was great seeing El Generico finally wrestle on a WWE program. I was surprised that he wrestled twice in the same night. I wasn't expecting that at all from him. It was great seeing him win both matches though. Too bad NXT doesn't mean shit and never gets acknowledged on WWE TV. Hopefully Sami Zayn gets called up on the main WWE roster soon and wrestles two matches in the same night again during his debut (although doubtful). He should wrestle Sin Cara and Evan Bourne. Anyway, I'm totally excited. I hope he has success. It's cool seeing more former ROH wrestlers being employed by the WWE.

Do you guys think he will work or jobber?

It's funny watching a battle royal because you can really tell the pecking order by the eliminations. The recent NXT battle royal was no exception. Zayn got eliminated somewhere just before they had that "final collection of remaining superstars stare down." I'd say he definately more at the top of the roster even though he's new. And after his debut beating two people in one night one being Antonio Cesaro, he won't job, he's gonna be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back