Saint Patrick's Day

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
As I am reading a book on Patrick, and I am reading the Bar Room, I wonder why the discussion on our favourite day of celebration has not been more active in the Bar Room.

What is everyone doing for the big day? Will you be wearing green? Who here knows about Saint Patrick? Is this the day that Protestants get to pretend to be Catholics, or should religion be thrown out on this day?

Just remember, KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

shamrock.jpg

Um, I'm a very little bit Irish, have no clue who Patrick is, and probably won't wear green because I'll forget the date of St. Patty's day by tomorrow.

Green beer rocks. Figured I'd get that out of the way. I got a little Irish in me but I plan to celebrate as much as I can that day. I wish it was on a weekend instead of in the middle of the week but what can you do?

Oh and yes I know who St. Patrick is and what he did. If you want a history lesson let me know.

I'm very much looking forward to the Feast of St. Patrick. My day goes as follows:
1. wake up at 5 am
2. walk to mass.
3. go to breakfast with the family.
4. sleep till 1-ish
5. go to work.
6. get drunk (it's a tuesday this year, and tuesdays are my drunk days)
7. go to sleep.

I'm also very aware of the story of Patrick, both legend and history.

Most people seem to not know what Saint Patrick did fully. I am interested to see what you know he did. I don't know anything, but I am writing a paper on him and other Saints of the British Isles, so I know quite a bit.

I only drink Guinness for two reasons, St. Patricks day, and to get the taste of oil out of my mouth if I ever get it in there.

He is the man who is credited for bringing Christianity to Ireland. Contrary to popular belief, he was in fact Welsh and captured as a slave by the Irish where he was a shepherd on Slemish near Ballymena (crappy little 'mountain'). He escaped, went to either Scotland or home to Wales and was converted to Christianity and then came back to the land of his slavery.

He is famed for casting snakes of Ireland, though this is thought to be related to the beliefs of the day, representing themselves by serpents, as opposed to actual snakes. That being said, no snakes either.

He is said to be buried in either Down Cathedral in Downpatrick (hence the name), or he was loaded onto a cart and two mules pulled him away until they died and there he remained.

He is also famed for using the Shamrock (not Ken) to teach about the Trinity (not TM)

He is the man who is credited for bringing Christianity to Ireland. Contrary to popular belief, he was in fact Welsh and captured as a slave by the Irish where he was a shepherd on Slemish near Ballymena (crappy little 'mountain'). He escaped, went to either Scotland or home to Wales and was converted to Christianity and then came back to the land of his slavery.

He is famed for casting snakes of Ireland, though this is thought to be related to the beliefs of the day, representing themselves by serpents, as opposed to actual snakes. That being said, no snakes either.

He is said to be buried in either Down Cathedral in Downpatrick (hence the name), or he was loaded onto a cart and two mules pulled him away until they died and there he remained.

He is also famed for using the Shamrock (not Ken) to teach about the Trinity (not TM)

DAMN!!!! You beat me to it! Although I didn't know the bit about the cart and two mules, and my inclusion of the Shamrock wouldn't have been as funny with the mention of Ken.

By the way, to add to the discussion: Beliefs of the day= Paganism/Druidry.

Discuss.

DAMN!!!! You beat me to it! Although I didn't know the bit about the cart and two mules, and my inclusion of the Shamrock wouldn't have been as funny with the mention of Ken.

By the way, to add to the discussion: Beliefs of the day= Paganism/Druidry.

Discuss.

You didn't have to go visit the church where they supposedly stop. I have. Back ass of nowhere. Much like Slemish.

My ex-gf took me on a walk to see Slemish... that was a fun date. No wonder we lasted 3 months and I spent half of them in a different country

Yeah, I just had to clear up the fact that I am not an eighty year old IRA terrorist and we don't have the same middle initial.

Good for you.

Now, I said I will be at Smackdown 500.

Who wants to touch me.

I said who wants to fucking touch me??!!???!!!!?

Pretty shitty actually. The American Bank Center isn't that big, so I don't think it will be that bad. I had hockey tickets in that same area (yes, we have a minor league hockey team) and I could see fine. We're off the floor, twelve rows up.

Or when you said seat, did you mean my ass? Is that where you want to touch me? I expect that from KB, but you? Actually, yeah, it makes sense. We both have beards, so an ass slap is obviously a "good game" slap, and perfectly acceptable.

My buddy wants to take in an H20 sign and then rip the bottom right leg off the H when we get in there.

I'm going to make a sign, I just don't know what. I think a Koko B. Ware sign might be in order......

I might also make a Corp-Haas Christi sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back