RVD, The Big Show and Mark Henry v The Shield?

fouldsy91

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now, I know the scheduled match is RVD v Dean Ambrose at the moment, and since there is no current tag team title match announced (Big Show and Mark Henry v The Shield) their could be a completely different scenario at SummerSlam.

What if, on the pre-show, Ambrose gets DQ'd intentionally with help from The Shield, which leads to the inevitable Big Show and Mark Henry save. They are brawling in the ring and don't seem to be going to stop and this is happening just before the PPV airs, so The Miz comes down (since he's in charge if he can make matches on Raw for SummerSlam I'm guessing he can on the actual night) saying that the show is about to start they need to stop, and he's sick and tired of The Shield causing havoc. So, for later in the night, he makes a match up of RVD, Big Show and Mark Henry v The Shield.

This would kill two birds with one stone as it gets all of them on the main card, and after Ambrose and RVD have a stellar match on the pre-show, people will be drawn in by this scenario.

However, if this happens, or just the tag team match happens, I think The Shield will retain either way by interference from Ryback. Ryback and Mark Henry's feud seems to be starting back up again. They faced each other last week, Ryback walked away, the battle royal last night, Henry eliminated Ryback. Ryback currently doesn't have a match at SummerSlam so he needs to do something, and this is what I think he will do.

Nah. RVD vs. Ambrose happens on its own, no matter the finish (honestly I could see anything happening). If it turns into a 6-man, it almost has to be a double-title match.

So Show & Henry vs. Rollins & Reigns happens on PPV. There are some people, that don't have cable who only watch Smackdown, who would find interest in that match. And honestly with an extra week of build, the match would be intriguing to the masses also. A title reign since April has people thinking "something's gotta give." I don't expect all three members to lose their belts Sunday, but it wouldn't surprise me if The Shield lost one of their two matches this weekend.

They might spring a tag title match as something of a surprise at the SummerSlam card. Given that Big Show has returned, has aligned himself with Henry & RVD in holding off The Shield this past money and how he & Henry and Rollins & Reigns currently have nothing advertised for SummerSlam; I think it's quite probable this match will be added.

As Ambrose & RVD are on the Kickoff Show, it's entirely possible the match will be announced then if Rollins & Reigns try to interfere or do interfere in the match. Show & Henry run out to make the save, the babyfaces clear house and a tag title match is announced for later on in the night. Depending upon whether or not RVD is severely battered before Henry & Show make the save could determine the outcome of the tag title match. If RVD isn't able to head off Ambrose from providing some sort of aid to Rollins & Reigns, then I don't see the titles changing hands. If it's all even with RVD supporting Big Rules, a little name that Michael Cole used to describe Show & Henry when they teamed several months back, then it could go either way.

I would prefer a tag title match personally. However the Shield could benefit from the rub from three vets. However I think putting these guys in a tag match would be premature, I would like to give this feud some time to incubate.

I forgot to say about it being a double title match as well.

Thanks for the feedback, what do you reckon for Ryback involvement?

I think Henry and Show vs The Shield is a lock for Summerslam. Which is extremely odd because Henry/Show have never tagged nor do they deserve a shot at the titles.

The pay off from the Raw angle will be a match on Smackdown to hype the 2 respected matches at Summerslam in my opinion. We saw this formula a few weeks ago with Christian/Usos and also Henry/Usos. Shield attacks on the monday and they fight in a 6 man tag on the Friday. Textbook.

I can see them having Henry/Show vs Rollins/Reigns for the tag-titles. It will be interesting to see how this match will play out. Big Show and Henry aren't exactly a technically gifted tag-team and I'm not sure if this match would be particularly entertaining.

Thereafter, we will probably see feud between The Shield and Henry/Show/RVD. Again, I'm not sure about Henry and Show being part of this team; there are surely better options. The Shield have had various feuds with 3 others but this combination is probably my least favourite. I love RVD; Henry is good but The Big Show is, at this stage, boring me. I'd much rather someone else was involved but I guess I'll have to get used to it.

If anything I think Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam for the U.S. Championship would go down as scheduled on the pre-show & if WWE didn't want to add just another tag team match to the card they might add a 6-Man Tag Team match & Ambrose would wrestle twice, once on the pre-show & once on the main card with the rest of The Shield.

But I don't see that happening. I think The Big Show & Mark Henry vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns for the WWE Tag Team Championships will be a last minute addition to the Summerslam card if their is any space when WWE time's out the show, which I think there will be.

I think this feud between Big Show, Mark Henry, RVD and The Shield is gonna last a while, so I'd save Show & Henry vs. Rollins & Reigns for the Tag Team Titles for Night Of Champions. Show just returned on Monday, I don't think they should waste a match like that on PPV with just a one week build up.

I'd go with the OP's idea of Ambrose getting disqualifed for interference by Rollins & Reigns, Show and Henry running out to make the save for RVD, and The Miz ordering a 6-man tag between The Shield and Show, Henry & RVD for later in the night. But I wouldn't put the US Title or the Tag Titles on the line. I'd have RVD, Show & Henry defeat The Shield in a non-title match, that way Show, Henry & RVD all earn themselves title shots down the line (NoC) with RVD rematching Ambrose for the US Title and Show & Henry going for the Tag belts, and it gives both of those matches a proper 1 month build.

a six man tag match wth the tag champs and us champ would be a bad idea i would rather see the tag tiles on the line in a tag team match tired of 6 man tag matches over the years we have seen too many on SD.

Given that Big Show has returned, has aligned himself with Henry & RVD in holding off The Shield....

Sure, the big guys with nothing on tap need to be given something to do at one of the major PPVs of the year. Fortunately, there's still time to come up with a specific match for Big Show and Henry. Show is just returning (if they can just keep him off carbs, he might continue to look as good as he did Monday night) but he has nothing going because he just got back. We're just getting used to Mark Henry as a good guy and he hasn't had time to develop a specific feud yet. I think setting these guys as a team to go against the tag team champs is as good a place as any to start them off on what might be the farewell tour for Henry. I presume Show didn't lose all that weight just to ease himself into retirement, so they're going to have to develop some plans for him.

However, I like RVD and Ambrose as a singles match. It would be great if they could battle it out with no interference, although that's rare with Shield. The thing is, Dean Ambrose doesn't really defend his title much, does he? Personally, I don't believe a guy who holds an individual title should be buried at a major PPV by turning his contest into a multi-person match.

I don't see RVD winning the title since he's due to take time off after his first 90 days. He could win this match, though, and either way it would be good for Ambrose to go it alone, for once.

ible SummerSlam **SPOILER**

WWESummerSlam
Source: The Wrestling Observer

According to one source, an angle is likely going to be shot during the Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam WWE United States Championship match during the WWE SummerSlam Kickoff Show on Sunday night prior to SummerSlam.

The source claims that the angle will either lead to a trios match featuring The Shield against The Big Show, Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam, or a regular tag-team match between Show and Henry and Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. We're not exactly sure as of this writing as WWE is constantly changing plans.

Regardless, all of the aforementioned WWE Superstars have been informed that they will be working on the actual SummerSlam pay-per-view card itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back