Runescape?

Kermit

the Frog
Please, withhold your nerd comments and general hate towards the game. I already know.

I haven't played since 2009, but the recent release of their "old school" version for free to play got me interested. Evolution of Combat completely killed the game for me on top of just getting bored with it. I am wondering if anybody on the forum plays? I'll probably only be playing pretty casually, but I'll give you an add to my friend list if you are on.

[YOUTUBE]Q3LE15AyT5g[/YOUTUBE]

May check into that. Been playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Tera in my spare time, but I do miss Runescape.

[YOUTUBE]Q3LE15AyT5g[/YOUTUBE]

May check into that. Been playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Tera in my spare time, but I do miss Runescape.

I played back in the classic days, so it has never been a game I could fully quit/forget. I got 99 smithing on top of a couple other 99s before I called it quits back in 2009. Old School sees everyone start from scratch. There is even an Ironman mode where you can play and not have the ability to trade with other players. Plus, you only get one life. In addition to all those things, party hats are actually cheap enough to be acquired by casual players like myself. At least for the time being.

Anyone have a link?

I remember watching my cousin playing way back when I was a little kid. Would be interested in giving it a try, though since then there have loads of new options of similar ilk.

Utterly wank game. I remember a few lads in school being obsessed with it, but I fell asleep while watching someone play it, so dull.

Apparently, there was big money in selling the passwords to top level characters on it. This Indian kid in school, Amir I think his name was, sold the password to his character on ebay for £1,000 and then ended up hacking back into it, getting control of the character again and then reselling the access to another buyer. I dont know if its a true story, but it was well known in my hometown back in the day.

Utterly wank game. I remember a few lads in school being obsessed with it, but I fell asleep while watching someone play it, so dull.

Apparently, there was big money in selling the passwords to top level characters on it. This Indian kid in school, Amir I think his name was, sold the password to his character on ebay for £1,000 and then ended up hacking back into it, getting control of the character again and then reselling the access to another buyer. I dont know if its a true story, but it was well known in my hometown back in the day.

Runescape brings out the absolute worst in gamers. No-joke, I had a close friend ask to borrow a pretty rare item when I was in middle school. I said yes and then he logged. He later claimed that it wasn't him, but admitted a year later that he was peer pressured by another friend to steal it.

On top of that, there is a black market for trading gold and accounts that can honestly become a high-paying job for some. The trade, of course, is against the game's rules and can get you permabanned and even sued in some serious cases.

All that being said, it's not for everyone. But if you can get hooked it can become a fun outlet for gaming. It sounds dumb, but I can be training a skill while writing a paper. I enjoy that aspect. It probably also helps that it has that nostalgic feel for me.

This old school Runescape, does my character transfer over? I have a fairly high level that I haven't touched in probably six years and haven't played seriously in like eight.

You still have your account, but none of your items or stats will transfer over to the old school version. It is like starting from scratch.

You still have your account, but none of your items or stats will transfer over to the old school version. It is like starting from scratch.

That's kinda depressing. I don't feel like I could do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back