Team DX vs The Warriors '90

• Team DX

• The Warriors '90

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a third round match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team DX

Team DX is from the 2006 Survivor Series, and consisted of Shawn Michaels, HHH, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, and CM Punk. They beat Team Guerrero 11-5 in round two.

The Warriors '90

The Warriors '90 is from the 1990 Survivor Series, and consisted of The Ultimate Warrior, The Legion of Doom, and The Texas Tornado. They went to a tiebreaker, 7-7 with Team Michaels in round two, before winning 5-1 in a tiebreaker.

DX dies here. As good as they are, they have no power except for the Game, and he is easily overmatched here. LOD wipes the mat with the Hardys by just beating the living hell out of them, then take out Punk. DX against 4 power guys doesn't work for me. Shawn and Hunter take out LOD and Tornado, but they're drained from it. That leaves them against a fresh Warrior. Warrior was a god at this point, and he goes insane and beats a tired DX.

This match is all in the booking. Whichever team loses someone big first loses this match. I know that seems obvious, but it really rings true.

LOD beats the Hardys. DX beats LOD. Punk and the Tornado cancel out. The Warrior beats DX.

OR

DX beats LOD. Punk and the Tornado cancel out. The Warrior beats the Hardys. DX beats the Warrior.

Flip a coin on this one...

There's not really much different I can add here, as I think both posts before me pretty said what would happen.

LOD would take out the Hardy's. I think Punk would beat Tornado, but someone on the Warriors team would easily take out Punk afterwards. Then that'd make it down to Warrior/LOD, against DX. DX would take out LOD in a long, tough fight. Warrior, comes in, cleans house and takes out DX.

Warrior is the sole survivor here.

Warrior survives on his own. Match would be tight but LOD beating the Hardy's for early elimination tilts it to the Warriors as even though LOD get knocked out they do enough damage to DX to leave then as easy pickings for Warrior and Texas who would take care of Punk.

Triple H & HBK in D-X '06 are so much like LOD it's unreal. Super over for some reason unknow to me, crap matches, never losing, cool entrance substitutes for everything else, etc.

Part of me wants to say that Team D-X ( only HHH & HBK) win this match by squashing everybody. But I won't. They can get rid of LOD, but they can't The Warrior. How quickly was HHH pinned by him at Mania 12 again? I'll use that as a reason to pick The Warriors.

Would somebody who has not yet voted PLEASE vote for Team Warriors '90? I mean come on!

Team DX is an over the hill Shawn Michaels who wasn't even fully into the DX angle anymore because of his "born-again" status, HHH who was trying to cool off controversy after his long heel run, The Hardy's who couldn't decide if they were singles or tag team competitors, and a VERY green CM Punk.

Team Warriors is just so well constructed! Ultimate Warrior in 1990 was a beast - arguably as big of a draw at this time as Hogan was! The Legion of Doom were a dominant team in the WWF and were regular challengers for the Tag Titles. Kerry von Erich was an Intercontinental Title contender, and ONLY THREE MONTHS PRIOR to this Survivor Series match, he was the IC Champion, defeating a shocked Mr. Perfect. I mean, Warriors '90 is a prototype on how a Survivor Series team should be constructed - top main eventer, top mid-carder, and top tag team.

Let's get the Warriors to the semi-finals! End this Team DX Traveshamockery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back