• Kobashi/Goldberg

• Austin/Angle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Basic Guidelines:
  1. First Round matches are conducted under basic WWE singles match rules - the really inconsistent ones you see on television weekly.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - twenty-four hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.
  5. No regions, no arenas, no gimmicks (for now) - everything is based on merit.

b6y0jb.jpg

Match Seven
KENTA KOBASHI & GOLDBERG
"Orange Squash"
vs.
STEVE AUSTIN & KURT ANGLE
"Beer Milk Inc."

I'm reliably informed that Kobashi is known as Orange Crush and that Goldberg squashes people, hence the name. In case you were planning on asking. I know you weren't.

I vote for Angle & Austin based purely on the chemistry they shared in 2001. You'd never see Goldberg & Kobashi singing together wearing hats. Goldberg doesn't even wear his kippah in public.

Blah, blah, blah, Kobashi is one of the greatest of all times. Yeah, he's aiight, but the cunt chops way too much. Y'know who's also one of the greatest of all times? Steve Austin, and Kurt Angle had a couple of good runs.

I'm going with Beer Milk Inc. Austin & Angle have history together as partners back during the time when they were both vying for Vince's affections as well as the time when they both were in the Alliance. Goldberg & Kobashi...have they even met each other. There such an odd pairing that I don't see how they get along. Goldberg was a guy with little wrestling ability but he could perform a bunch of power moves and make them look painful. Kobashi is one of the greatest in Japanese Wrestling history.

I'm going to have to go with Angle & Austin. Beer Milk Inc./The Bald Eagles progress.

I'm going with Goldberg and Kobashi. The communication aspect may not be there but both guys are the types who just go out and win no matter what the circumstances. Austin and Angle have a very short history of getting along but for the most part they hated each other. I see Angle trying to one up Austin and getting caught with a spear and jackhammer while Austin and Kobashi brawl on the outside.

Damn, this is a round one match? This could have been alot deeper in the tournament. I'm going Beer Milk Inc. 2 of my favorite wrestlers of all time in this team. They have chemistry as others have mentioned, and Austin has Goldberg's last image in the WWE under his belt with a Stone Cold Stunner. Beer Milk Inc. for the win here.

Austin and Kurt Angle wins this one hands down. Goldberg and Kenta would definitely be a challenge. However Kurt and Austin shares a past of good chemistry and getting along. They're also accomplished tag team wrestlers, which is more to say than about Kenta and Goldberg (Goldberg at least).

Kurt and Austin needs to win this, they'd be dominant and they'd be wrestling the ass off Kenta and Goldberg, into a victory.

Austin and Kurt Angle wins this one hands down. Goldberg and Kenta would definitely be a challenge. However Kurt and Austin shares a past of good chemistry and getting along.

This whole "Austin and Angle have good chemistry" argument is bullshit for the most part. They got along for a few months and that was it. They were rivals for multiple years. I'll take the multi year rivalry over the few months of chemistry. Let's also not forget that when they were together both were fairly weak. They were cowardly, comedic characters at that time and would have been destroyed by a team like Goldberg and Kenta.

This whole "Austin and Angle have good chemistry" argument is bullshit for the most part. They got along for a few months and that was it. They were rivals for multiple years. I'll take the multi year rivalry over the few months of chemistry. Let's also not forget that when they were together both were fairly weak. They were cowardly, comedic characters at that time and would have been destroyed by a team like Goldberg and Kenta.

True, but feuding also creates some kind of chemistry inside of the ring. They know each other, and therefore they would know how the other thinks more or less from a kayfabe commentator like perspective (Because I'm certain Cole is gonna spew that shit at one point or another).

Goldberg and Kenta doesn't have any history together (Mind you, I don't watch Japanese wrestling, I could be wrong). And therefore they wouldn't know how the other functions in the ring, creating less chemistry.

Besides, Kurt and Austin are dominant wrestlers. Sure they're not as dominant as Goldberg, but Austin and Kurt had their moments of dominance and being the top dog at occasions here and there. They would definitely pull this victory home, I'm sure.

Beer Milk Inc? Shit name. The Bald Eagles is much better, but does it surpass Orange Squash? I think so. No disresect to team Kentberg and the great nations of Japan and Tulsa, Oklahoma, but I don't have them winning here.

I'm a big fan of Kurt Angle, no doubt. I truly do believe he's one of the best in the world. Apparently that is real, damn real. Pair him with noneother than the winner of Wrestlezone's most recent greatest wrestler of all time, and they're a tough team to go against.

Hopefully their name can officially be changed to the Bald Eagles for future rounds. I think that'd help them a lot.

Pretty good match-ups here. Both teams have a guy that is tough as nails and can pretty much decimate you with intensity alone, whilst the other guy is a professional wrestling expert and take you to levels you've never been before. I'd love to see any of these matches occur in singles matches, pretty epic.

Goldberg has beaten a lot of stars in his day, being almost damn near unbeatable. On his own, he is a machine... but hasn't had a tendency to get alone with many people. Kobashi does, on the other hand. He's teamed with some of the greats in the past and did exceptionally well. They are tag team experts by all means, but they would get the job done. However, going up against the Bald Eagles (good name GD), I don't think they could last. Kurt Angle is a gold medalist in wrestling... so he could go up against anyone and most likely out-wrestle them. I bet he'd even give Kobashi a hard time since both can go the distance and Angle can deliver a chop too. Austin is not a man to give up when the time calls for it and I don't think he'd let someone he would consider a rip-off himself get the better of him.

Tough choice, but I'm going with the Bald Eagles simply because this is a tag team tournament where the best tag team advances. Angle has worked in multiple tag teams with someone he hasn't liked and they held their own. Austin has too... I doubt that these two would have problems communicating. Goldberg wouldn't be one to use his partner enough, thinking he can handle it.

Other than that, I base my votes because I like Kurt Angle. My favourite wrestler... so Bald Eagles for the win.

Reactions: gd
Orange Squash FTW

What chemistry did Austin/Angle have? I remember Austin turning on the WWE, Angle joining Austin, and then Angle turning on Austin. Stone Cold does many things but one thing he doesn't do is forget. 1998 Goldberg was just as popular as 1998 Austin.

That Angle is a funny one. Falkon says he can go up against anyone and outwrestle them. He can but history tells us he's successful about half the time. Going up against somebody like Kobashi is tough but knowing the WWE, they probably won't let Kobashi do half the stuff he does in other promotions.

Even in the WWE, Goldberg beat Rock, Jericho, HHH, and others.

The Burning Jackhammers would be a better name.

Meh, I find Angle quite overrated. He thinks he can do a whole bunch of suplexes without creating a story and that nobody will notice. Austin's one of the best ever, no doubt, but Goldberg in 97-98 probably would have beaten Austin. Kobashi is supposedly one of the best Japanese wrestlers ever, so I'll take the word of some people, as I haven't seen a minute of Kobashi. However, Angle's shitty psychology and Goldbergs domination leads me to believe Orange Squash should win.

This was an easy one for me, I went with SCSA and Kurt Angle. Admittedly, my decision is somewhat based upon ignorance on my part, as I am totally unfamiliar with the work of Kenta Kobashi, and despite the fact that many of my fellow posters on these forums speak quite highly of him, I am not really in a position to speak positively or negatively about him. BY default, my opinion of him is neutral.

Goldberg, on the other hand, I am familiar with and do have an opinion regarding him. Over-rated, egotistical, a legend in his own mind. Sure he entered WCW with tremendous impact, but after all, that was only WCW. His WWE tenure was less than lacklustre and the lack of passion he showed for the business in his swan song versus Lesnar speaks volumes about him to me.

In stark contrast, we have two individuals who made vast contributions to the WWE and the world of professional wrestling. Some would say that SCSA was the biggest draw ever. Well, I wouldn't go that far with it, but I could argue that he was second. Over with the fans beyond belief, above average in the ring until his physical limitations and injuries slowed him down and eventually forced him to stop. And a tough bastard as well. Combine him with Angle, arguably the best and most well-rounded guy ever in the ring, and this is a true all-star team. May be difficult for the two egos to co-exist, but Goldberg's ego alone is probably bigger than both of them combined.

WINNERS: STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN AND KURT ANGLE

Angle and Austin. Kobashi may be quite good, but nothing brings a tag team down more than "communication mishap" and a Japanese guy and a loner are almost certain to go down that road. That team will probably be less than the sum of their parts, and seeing as Angle would probably beat Kobashi and Austin would have beaten Goldberg in his prime - that's how he would have lost in WWF - the match clearly falls to Austin and Angle, who may well win this bad boy.

While Angle and Austin probably would be as dominant as Kobashi and Goldberg, I think Angle and Austin would out smart them. Goldberg/Kobashi would be good for short runs, but while Goldberg would be in the dominanting Austin/Angle would get the tag eventually out work Goldberg and just not let him get a tag eventually winnin the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back