• Austin/Angle

• Batista/Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Basic Guidelines:
  1. Second round matches are conducted under tornado tag rules - all participants are legal, all the time.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - Forty-eight hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.

15wl5zd.jpg

Match Four
STEVE AUSTIN & KURT ANGLE
"Beer Milk Inc."
vs.
BATISTA & BIG VAN VADER
"Big, Bad & Batista"

Quite possibly the two most formidable teams in the tournament, fighting. Is this what happens when a tornado meets a volcano?​

Quite the matchup, no doubt. Not really though, I have this going to Austin and Angle, the Bald Eagles, quite easily.

Kurt Angle is the best in the world at the moment, for sure. He's also had plenty of other real good matches back in they day, you can be sure of that. Steve Austin? Heard he was alright.

Despite it being an easy choice, it was still somewhat close, I guess. I have no problem with either member of BBB. But there has to be a reason Vader didn't become a huge star if he was a 400 pound guy that could do a triple moonsault, no?

I think that this one is pretty easy. Angle is better than Batista and Vader. Austin is better than Batista and Vader so I think that Beer Milk Inc gets the win here convincingly.

Angle didn't have the level of domination Batista had. Point for Batista.

Even when Batista was losing to a main-event Edge, Angle was losing to a midcard Edge who just got out of a feud with Booker T over a shampoo commercial. Point for Batista.

If Vader can beat a prime Sting then I have confidence that he can beat Austin which can evolve into a debate on when Austin's prime was. Point for Vader.

I quite honestly have no idea how I'm going to vote here. In one corner you have Austin and Angle two HUGE stars who were great during the attitude era and in the other corner you have a giant muscle machine and the greatest super heavy weight of all time (at least thats what i believe). So really I'm just gonna wait and see what you guys say before i vote.

Beer Milk Inc. in a fucking landslide. Austin is unstoppable, he could most likely beat this team by himself and drink a few brewski's afterwards, but the addittion of Angle seals the deal. Vader is a beast, no doubt about it, but his partner, Batista is pure, grade a rhino shit. Fuck Batista, he brings Vader down with his shit wrestling and loses them the match.

I liked Batista just before he left. I think it might have perhaps been because I just really, really wanted to stroke his stubbly beard though. He's good though, no doubt. Of all the matches he had with Cena, I can comfortably say that three of them were great, one of them good.

Vader, also good. The momentum he's been carrying since what, four tournaments ago, must be waning somewhat by now, surely. Still, together, a good team if you like big, powerful men. And who doesn't?

Kurt Angle. Kurty Kurty Angle. I've gone off him in recent, um, months. Could it be because I've actually stopped watching TNA? Could be. Could be. Still, I own two DVDs solely because they have a great Kurt Angle match on them. In terms of physical evidence, that means I like Kurt Angle more than anybody else in this match.

And, you know, ten years ago I thought Austin was the shit. That was fun; being in that little niche.

I'll have to muse on this one. Is that the correct usage of muse? I'll probably go for BBB. I'm a sucker for alliteration.

This was a relatively easy decision for me, although I hated to vote against the big men. One one side, we have Vader, a dominant big man for years who was extremely agile for a man of his size, case in point his tendency to the moonsault. He was a very intimidating guy as well; he just looked like he'd rip your head off if you looked at him the wrong way. Batista, while no technical in-ring wizard, was a pretty imposing character as well, with a dominant smash-mouth, in your face, aggressive style of wrestling as well. Especially in his last days (for now) as a heel, his character was far better than he got credit for. Just because he wasn't a flippy in-ring technician, people tend to not give big Dave his due respect; he was in the main event for years, and not only because he's Triple H's buddy.

But let's get real. Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kurt Angle? Together? Tough to vote against this. One of the two biggest draws in professional wrestling history, tagging up with the man who in his prime was one of the best technical wrestlers, and only Olympic gold medalist in professional wrestling history, a man who is still pretty damn impressive today despite numerous injuries, supposed drug issues, and wrestling in near obscurity in Orlando. No one could capture a crowd like SCSA, and there'll only ever be one Kurt Angle.

WINNERS: STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN AND KURT ANGLE

wow. this would b a classic indeed. 2 massive beasts, vs one of the best brawlers ever teamed w\ arguably the best technical wrestler alive today...

i got to go with angle\austin. now their opponents are strong & large enough to stomp most guys into the ground, but speed plays a big part here. austin can fight like a fucking maniac & wont quit. kurt has the wrestling ability & speed. i would imagine batista & vader countering alot of moves (austin- thez press=batista-spinebuster, etc...) but angle just might be the man to pull off a german on vader. hes a suplex machine.

i see this ending: batista puts angle down & sets up vader for the moonsault. austin pulls angle away from vader causing him to miss the vadersault. austin hits the stunner on batista & angle recovers right into the ankle lock on vader, grapevines the leg. tap tap tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back