Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basic Guidelines:
  1. First Round matches are conducted under basic WWE singles match rules - the really inconsistent ones you see on television weekly.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - twenty-four hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.
  5. No regions, no arenas, no gimmicks (for now) - everything is based on merit.

Time for match number eleven:

b6y0jb.jpg

Match Eleven
AJ STYLES & MICK FOLEY
"Mrs Foley's Phenomenal Baby Boys"
vs.
KANE & ABYSS
"Big Red Monsters"

Size and power meets athletic ability and the deranged mind of Mick Foley in what promises to be an epic encounter. Will brawn prevail over flips and thumb tacks (Singles Match rules) stupidity?

Leaning towards MFPBB's here, despite the fact that they have the weaker name. It's a shame, too. I'm sure there's something that someone could come up with for them.

Anyway, when it comes to match quality, AJ is one of the best in the world, or at least he used to be. I still think he's pretty good. On the other hand, Kane and Abyss are mostly shit. And they'd more than likely beat the crap out of each other. AJ and Foley main evented a PPV in a tag team match and won. That should be enough.

I'm going to throw chemistry out b/c even though Kane and Abyss have never team together unlike AJ and Foley. I think their love for destruction and pain will be able to bring them together. With that being said, Abyss will be the weak link for the Big Red Monsters. Both AJ has multiple victories over the monster and Abyss has pretty much lost more than he has won but the same can be said for Kane and Foley too. Though Styles has made a career of winning big matches whether it's for the world title, X-division, or tag team. Styles and Foley have a more sucessful career in tag teams than Kane and Abyss. I feel one of the monsters will be put down with a Mandible Claw and finished off with a Superman (springboard 450 splash).

Boy, a normal match featuring the likes of Abyss and Kane would probably be a DUD. Kane was pretty dominant in his debut, but he's never really fared well with keeping his partners. And Abyss is a psycho as well, so there's that. AJ's had his success on Abyss in PPV matches in Abyss's environment, which will be the inevitable downfall of the Big Red Machine and his lesser talented (which is saying something) carbon copy Abyss. Hell, I didn't mention Foley, either.

Kane has always been a boring worker, Abyss was only interesting in 2005, pretty much says it all. Styles has cooled off significantly in recent years, but he's still talented. He's also occupied TNA's version of the Jericho spot. He'll never be a full time headliner, but he'll never be an opening match act either. What has this got to do with the match, I have no idea.

I remember when I wanted to see Mick Foley in TNA. 2005, what a year for that promotion.

I went with AJ Styles and Mick Foley here. In AJ Styles we have a terrific albeit somewhat bland professional wrestler. While he makes for a lousy heel and has the charisma of a grapefruit, with zero mic skills, his in-ring abilities cannot be discounted. Pairing up with him is Foley, not the greatest technical wrestler in the world, but a hardcore legend who does have the charisma, the fan appeal, and the mic skills that his partner lacks. AJ Styles can dish out the offence, while Foley can certainly accept the punishment and be the defence.

I really like Kane but in the grand scheme of things, he's basically meh. Good but not great. Big but not dominant. Better than his partner, the "monster" Forrest Gump, er, I mean Abyss. These guys just don't bring enough to the table to be able to hold their own versus Styles and Foley.

WINNERS: AJ STYLES AND MICK FOLEY

I've gone for Kane and Abyss. If there's one thing that AJ Styles does more than anyone else, it's lose to WWE wrestlers who join TNA. Similarly, if there's one thing that Mick Foley has made a career of, it's losing to monsters, including Kane. Abyss is just Mick Foley ten years later, to be honest, in terms of style and general position, but without the likeabilty. Likeability doesn't win matches, and I think this one goes to Kane and Mankane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back