• Deadpool

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One...

LIvtItN.png

Two heroic swordsmen will cross blades in a fight that can only be described as: the fight nobody knew they wanted. Indeed, Geralt and Deadpool do not have much in common beyond their penchants for adventure and swordplay, but isn't that what makes the BattleZone fun? Will Geralt's magic and Witcher training help him slay Deadpool, or will the Merc with a Mouth use his arsenal and insanity to win a trip to round two?

FIGHT!

Deadpool's only chance is his ability to take a tremendous amount of damage and keep fighting. But I think it wouldn't last too long, the result would be Geralt standing in the middle of a neatly chopped up, burnt Deadpool bits.

I don't want to simply this debate to guns vs. swords, but Deadpool has an extensive arsenal of guns at his disposal. I'm not super familiar with what magical and or ranged abilities that Geralt has, but he would need to overcome Deadpool's arsenal of ranged weaponry, which I have to question if he can.

Plus, let this classic It's Always Sunny clip demonstrate what happens when you use swords/knives vs. guns.

[YOUTUBE]7_8BzXING-A[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not super familiar with what magical and or ranged abilities that Geralt has, but he would need to overcome Deadpool's arsenal of ranged weaponry, which I have to question if he can]

Well I'm super familiar with them, so question no more.

Geralt can enact a force field shield which not only deflects any projectile attacks but "returns to sender" better than fuckin UPS.

Ill be by later with a more involved post, but Deadpools projectile attacks are fuck all useless and will be turned against him.

The weakness of any immortal, and indeed deadpool, is severing the head.

If only there was an individual who literally does this to every single OP adversary he has, as part of the very fabric of his livlihood.

Oh, wait, there is.

Geralt hangs the head of every enemy from the saddle of his horse, both to collect reward, and to signify he is not an individual to be fucked with. This numbers in the thousands. In fact, there is unlikely to be any person in this torunament more specifically practiced in beheadings, since this is the ritualistic act done at the completion of every job Geralt does.

[YOUTUBE]JNL29XCdRzc[/YOUTUBE]

A battle with a world traveled immortal swordsman you say? Geralt has done it, and won it. (sound is a little quiet for some reason)

[YOUTUBE]rKQrkfiHfhM[/YOUTUBE]

Deadpool has reanimated before when his head became re-united with his body, but.....Geralt specifically keeps the heads of his enemies as a trophy or reward turn-in. So best of luck getting it back.

There really isn't an argument for Deadpool. Geralt is a more experienced swordsman (by miles), specializes in beheading immortals, beheading in general, and has protective force shields which can not only deflect but return projectile attacks.

Vote Geralt.

But can he deflect explosives as well? I could see the shields you speak of, quen sign if my research is correct, repelling bullets, but what of explosives? I have to think that explosives couldn't be repelled back at Deadpool.

I know it is easy to write Deadpool off as a joke, I mean 95% of Deadpool's existence is a joke, but he is no slouch. He is a highly trained mercenary with an infinite arsenal of weaponry. You literally name a weapon and Deadpool has used it and survived it being used on him.

Hell the guy gets his own mini series where he kills off the entire Marvel Universe. If he can kill off the most powerful characters in the most popular comic universe, he can kill off a guy who isn't even the most powerful in his own universe.

But this is were tour argument twists upon itself.

He is FAR from the most powerful being in his own universe.

But he still always finds a way to win.

As to your explosives comment, well I don't purpose he can redirect an explosion, but he can certainly protect himself from the damage an explosion can cause.

It will come down to the swords, and Deadpool is no match. Especially if Geralt freezes him, which he is wont to do.

Can Geralt heal? Like on the fly, no potion prep time? I can see Deadpool learning his lesson quick from the bullet reflect thing, but what if he is seriously wounded? Maybe a severed limb or what if Deadpool sticks a cluster bomb on him and teleported out of the way? Seems like he could be fucked there.

Yes,

1. The sun heals Geralt, like superman.

2. Geralt heals as his adrenaline builds. Should be no shortage.

I don't think any of you quite grasp the nature of geralts potions.....he carries and assortment all ready to go at all times. Think like say, Batmans utility belt. Geralt doesn't leave the house without at the very least a healing and immunity potion.

Deadpool isn't severing shit. Geralt has made a living with his sword for over 300 years. He is by far the superior swordsman. If Deads is close enough to stick a bomb on him he is close enough to be defended against by either telekenitc blast or superior hand to hand skills.

Hey Norcal, can Geralt freeze Deadpool solid? Like turn him into a block of ice instantly? He has no way of actually killing Deadpool, as he took the force of a nuclear blast head on and then regenerated on the atomic level all to impress some girl. But these matches should be to a knockout or a battle field removal and not to the death. If Geralt can freeze him solid, and you have clear evidence for it you've got my vote. Otherwise I'm still on the fence.

EDIT: The Marvel master edition has Deadpool listed as being faster than Black Panther and stronger than Captain America. So yeah, freezing him solid is the only chance Geralt has. But now I question if he can do it fast enough.

I'm on team Geralt for this one.

I tend to think of how these fights will literally play out rather than how Ech picks the stronger of the two based on several categories (not that I'm willing to concede right away that Deadpool is the stronger character, but that's not the point I will be making here).

Here's what nobody is mentioning: Deadpool is a fool. He's an asskicking fool, but a fool nonetheless. There's no way Deadpool is going to look at Geralt in all his badassery with two swords strapped on his back and not think, "Oh my god, I need to sword fight this guy!" Furthermore, Deadpool is cosmically aware and may very well know who Geralt is, which will only increase his desire to cross blades with Geralt.

Of course, Deadpool won't beat Geralt in a sword fight. Geralt has fought off dozens of sword toting baddies at once, and a single Deadpool will not match that level of difficulty. And as soon as Deadpool realizes that he's not going to beat Geralt by the blade, he'll pull out one of his guns and aim that sucker squarely at Geralt's temple, say something goofy, and pull the trigger. Unfortunately, that's when he'll find out that Geralt has protected himself with a Quen spell, shielding him from all damage. The bullet will undoubtedly break the shield, but when a Quen shield breaks it bursts, sending all nearby enemies flying to the ground. Geralt doesn't waste time with goofy one-liners, cuts Deadpool's head off, ties it to his horse, and rides on to round 2.

Of course, Deadpool's body would slowly grow back underneath his head, but by the time that happens, Geralt will already be balls deep in one of his many sexy sorceress girlfriends.

Hey Norcal, can Geralt freeze Deadpool solid? Like turn him into a block of ice instantly? He has no way of actually killing Deadpool, as he took the force of a nuclear blast head on and then regenerated on the atomic level all to impress some girl. But these matches should be to a knockout or a battle field removal and not to the death. If Geralt can freeze him solid, and you have clear evidence for it you've got my vote. Otherwise I'm still on the fence.

EDIT: The Marvel master edition has Deadpool listed as being faster than Black Panther and stronger than Captain America. So yeah, freezing him solid is the only chance Geralt has. But now I question if he can do it fast enough.

Actually he can. Good question. Aard sign has the ability to freeze his opponents, yes, not to mention northern winds grenades that Geralt always has on him. I'm on my phone so I can't post the video but a quick YouTube search "ice aard" or "northern wind bomb" will attest to this.

Geralt deals with opponents who are even faster than that ..Reference the first video I posted were he fights the Bruxa.

In the end, to win, eventually there will be physicality....and Deadpool is no match.

People also don't seem to know that Geralt has superhuman strength and reflexes, developed in a method know as the "trial of the grasses" a government sponsored super human factory....not too unlike Deadpools origin. Only in Geralts case, this is how the society gets rid of their unwanted orphans, and only 1 in 10 survives the treatment.

God, I love Deadpool, but so many here miss the point of the character. He's a lovable loser in the darkest of ways. Yes, Wade Wilson is a fantastic swordsman, but he's also a goofy son of a bitch that is easily distracted. Part of Deadpools' charm is his ability to bounce back after getting his ass kicked, which happens to him on a regular basis. Could Geralt kill Deadpool, probably not, can he beat his ass down long enough for a victory to be declared, absolutely. Now, could a 4th wall breaking scenario take place, where Deadpool interrupts the next round match involving Geralt, absolutely.

A girl I hang out with plays Witcher a fair bit, it prompts me to ask questions and the guy is a compelling character. The only question Deadpool posed of me was "why did I part with my hard earned Dirhams for this?"

Deadpool is the uncool person's idea of a cool person and would definitely be bullied at school. Geralt's the kind of guy that saves you from a bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back