Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
r2wallvfuture_zps8f5b9f6a.jpg

Round 2: Wall-E vs. Back to the Future

This poll will close on Tuesday, October 23rd at 5pm PT (ish)​

Really no need to type this but hell....

Doc Brown single handed could be more than enough to stop Wall-E here. Add in freakin Marty McFLy and a Delorean? Game over folks. All the fancy pants CGI in the world will never trump the greatness that was\is and forever will be Back to the Future.

Doc Brown uses Wall-E for parts, cranks up the Delorean and off to the 3rd round we go.

Yeah, while Wall-E was a Pixar film and just like almost every other Pixar film had a great story, breathtaking animation and a character you wanted to root for it just does not compete against Back to the Future. The whole cast was perfect. There was not one bad actor in the whole bunch and they all knew just how far they could push their respective characters. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd were (of course) literally the only actors that could play their respective roles and both Marty McFly and Doctor Emmett Brown are both immortalized in character history.

Hands down I give this one to Back to the Future.

I simply do not care about Back To The Future. I watched it, I smiled a few times, it ended and I switched it off and never thought about it again. It is a classic 80's throwaway kind of film, entertaining but with nothing else to recommend it. Put simply, the fire extinguisher scene in Wall.E is enough for me to justify not voting for it.

For me, this is the toughest match up of this region. Wall-E was a fantastic story that had a bit of everything - adventure, romance, comedy. B2TF was a fantastic story that had a bit of everything - adventure, romance, comedy.

Extremely slight edge to B2TF. Wall-E deserves to advance, but it was up against a tough matchup against a movie that is still remembered vividly to this day. Plus Wall-E's preachy-ness got a bit tiresome (environment = good).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back