Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, TNA:
Demolition - Ax and Smash
vs.
Jesus Aguilera & Ric Flair

No spam and no flaming.​

TNA rules are identical to WWE rules except:
- The ring has six sides and the ropes are made out of elevator cables for greater tension

Wooo! He will nevah retaahhh!

Easy pick is Demolition. These guys are one of the greatest tag teams, if not the best ever, to step foot inside any ring & will continue to hold that reign for a very, very long time. They have great chemistry together & know what they are doing. Many teams will fall to the great ones... including the likes of Flair & Jesus.

Having Flair on one's side will make a HUGE impact considering that he is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time whom out-succeed the likes of both members of Demolition combined due to his accomplishments & great working skills. However, with the help of Jesus whom does not have much creditals at all besides him being a bodyguard with no stamina whatsoever, the team is not likely able to hold themselves for any lengthy match & will soon run out of steam before Demolition.

Demolition wins the match here.

If it was Jesus, and not his Mexican counterpart, I could see this going the other way. But Demolition set a record in the WWE that has yet to be broken for their tag team run. Some called them a cheep rip off of the Road Warriors, some call them Bondage ...bondagies? I call them one heck of a tag team. And really, with Shocky making oneish posts a month, someone has to get up and vote for them.

Demolition has this one. Flair will do his damage and make this a good match, but Jesus is a major weak link and Demolition will isolate him and get the victory. Flair however will make this closer than it should be.

While Flair is great, he's teamed with a nobody, and is facing one of the most over teams in history. Demolition has chemistry, and that will take them over their opponents. Flair can out-wrestle them, but their strength is too much for me to see Ric coming back. He may make it interesting, but he doesn't need to be in the ring for Demolition to win. They can just beat on Jesus for a few minutes.

This is basically Demolition going against Ric Flair. Even though Flair is good I don't think he has enough to overcome this. They can beat up on Jesus for a quick win. Demolition advances.

This is one sided. Flair is a great wrestler, but Demolition is smart enough to just beat down Jesus. They beat Andre down. I don't think anyone else is going to be a problem. Flair will get his shots in, but he simply can't hang with a team of this kind of power on his own, plain and simple.

I find Demolition to be vastly overrated. They're a poor man's Road Warriors. Even at their most dominant they were never truly the best tag team even in their own promotion.

Since this is in a six sided ring, that will benefit Jesus as well. And since we're talking about Ric Flair in his prime, who's better than all three other contestants combined and multiplied by twenty, I think everyone here is criminally underrated the team of Flair and Jesus.

Flair/Jesus get my vote here. Because they'll most likely lose anyways, and they deserve a good showing.

Vastly Underrated, and perfected what the Road Warriors attempted to make. Demoltion was bad ass of all bad ass. Simplistic, yes, effective, yes, over, yes. The two man bash fest of Ax and Smash were awesome, and completely caught me and hooked me into their chemistry when I was little.

Demolition to this day remains the best tag team in WWF history, holding the belt for the longest period of time (and to strike the ire of those I'll throw in the favorite line of "When the Titles Mattered".) Demolition were able to double ax handle Andre the freaking Giant onto the mat, they will do that and more to Jesus and Flair. Demoltion for the Win.

Demolition gets my vote here. They were one of the best teams of there day and would isolate Jesus and destroy him not giving him an chance to tag in the veteran Flair who is the only one out of the two that would give them a run for their money.

Ax & Smash win this one.

I am definitely in the Demolition are overrated camp. They were a road warriors clone, no matter how you look at it, and while they did have the longest title reign, it is perhaps worth noting that they came after 4 reigns that were longer than six months. They lost their championships to the Brain Busters, who spent most of their careers as Flair's subordinates.

Had this been Flair and a power wrestler, or a technical God, I'd have given it to him. However, I think despite my misgivings Demolition deserve this one. The tag team division is the one and only area were lummoxes have thrived in TNA, and I think they have the business to go over here.

Demolition are overrated knock-offs, I have to agree. They were a solid team, I guess, but they aren't really anything great or spectacular. The only thing they have going for them is the fact that that are a tag team sorta similar to the Road Warriors.

On the other hand, you have Ric Flair, one of the best pro wrestlers ever. Looking at him in his prime, he was just as good as anyone ever. He went up against and beat some of the best of all time. Ax and Smash are far from the best of all time.

As for Jesus, he may not have been good or even relevant, but he was sorta big and he did stab John Cena or something. It's not like he'll need to do much anyway, Flair should lead this team to victory

Demolition is good. But they're overrated to hell and back. The Road Warriors were 5 times better than Demolition.

Jesus, well hes got the power of God. He can do what ever he wants. Seriously though, I think a lot of people are underestimating this guy. Not to mention its in a TNA ring. Where the ropes are made of a wire instead of actual rope. This gives more spunk in each and everyone of Jesus' high flying luchador styles. Plus hes teamed with Ric Flair, I'm under the influence Flair could win this match in a 3 on 1 handicapped match. With Jesus, Judasing (sp?) him halfway through the match.

By the way, I only assume Jesus uses high flying luchador style. I've never actually seen him wrestle. But I mean, its Ric Flair.

I’m going to have to go with the established team here. It’s always an advantage to already know your partner and everything about them in the ring. It’s even more of an advantage to have experience with that partner and winning Championships would prove that theory. Besides, we're talking about Ax and Smash here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back