Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, TNA:
Swagger/Vader
vs.
The Motor City Machine Guns - Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin

No spam and no flaming.​

TNA rules are identical to WWE rules except:
- The ring has six sides and the ropes are made out of elevator cables for greater tension

Having to put this match up made me weep.

I will go with the MCMG. They are one of the reasons that I started to watch TNA in the first place. Shelley is so damn hot... I mean, attractive, if I was not a married man. But because this is not a match on attractiveness, I must discuss their wrestling ability. It truly is top notch. They have worked as a team for a long time now. Of course, I would not count out all the Wildcards in that matter, it would not be fair. And this is a very good wildcard set as it is. But are they? Vader is a fast big man, just ask IC. But Swaggar to me is very untested. I think MCMG would work hard together, using smart moves that distract Swagger, and tire out Vader.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. The motor city machine guns get drawn with the pick of the deuces wild teams. But I will always stick by the motor city machine guns when it comes to Tag Team wrestling.

When you think of Chemistry, you think of The Motor City machine guns. Both Wrestlers are insane when together in a ring. Their double teams are great. And before you think that Vader and Swagger will just push them around like Ragdolls, you have to remember what the motor city machine guns base their offence off. Speed, speed and more speed. Neither of their opponents will be able to catch them. The guns use a wide array of stiff kicks and high flying to take their opponents down, and then kill them with awesome combinations.

And you can say that Vader and Swagger are both better than the Guns, but you have to think about them as a team. Do you honestly think Vader can work in a random team with someone with the ego of Jack Swagger. All the guns need is for one of their opponents to bend down, and then the double kick combo will be all she wrote.

The Motor City machine guns are the greatest tag team to never win a title, at least in this era. If they were in WWE, they would definitely be in the title picture, because they're suffering from two things in TNA. 1) Idiotic Bookers. 2) The Dudleys clogging up the title scene.

I'm voting for Shelley and Sabin, but I don't expect many others to afford them the same support. Oh well.

Damn...I'm a really big fan of the Guns, and like the APA, wish they had gotten a better draw. They work really well together, and are exciting to watch.

But, this match is going to be awfully one-sided. Swagger will wear them both out and toss them around the ring, and then Vader will catch one of them and put a hurting on him. This will be ugly, and end with a Vader Bomb on to both guns.

Damn this a tough choice. While Swagger and Vader have power behind them, the MCMG have agility, quickness, and chemistry behind them. I believe they can isolate Swagger but when Vader gets into the fold, the tide may change. I believe Swagger/Vader will squeak out a close victory but I won't be shocked if MCMG wins.

I like the Guns, but there is flat out no way they win here. Vader would make a small meal out of these two. It means nothing that they're faster or the ring shape or anything like that. Vader and Swagger are simply too big and too strong here. Vader is an absolute monster, and Swagger si hardly a slouch. No way the Guns win this, even in TNA.

It pains me to vote against MCMG, but I simply have to here. We're talking about Vader here. Forget Jack Swagger even exists, Vader alone would squash MCMG like children. Throw in another powerful guy like Swagger, and MCMG doesn't stand a chance here.

Sorry TNA fans, Swagger/Vader get my vote here.

Sure the MCMG have been together for a long time and are funny and flashy in the ring, but they don't win. For how long they've been in TNA, how many World tag titles do you think that they have? 3, 4, 5? Nope, the anwswer is a big fat 0. Don't get me wrong, I love the MCMG, but they are just fun to watch, they don't have much substance.

A lot of their offense wouldn't work on a team that completely dominated them in size and strength. Add to that, Vader is probably just as fast as both Sabin and Shelley, and the winner is clear. Vote for the team that is overall better and has a chance of going really far in this thing, the AAM.

I have to go with the Motor City Machine Guns here.

While a Swagger/Vader team would be simply epic in real life, I still can't vote a non-real team over the best tag team the business has had these past few years in the Motor City Machine Guns. It's just not right.

Shit, in 2008 the MCMGs had my Match of the Year when they faced Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black, and my Match of the Year this year is them facing each other at Genesis. Shelly and Sabin are just two spectacular wrestlers, and they make one hell of a team. They're a HUGE bright spot in the abysmal tag division the business has had these past few years. Thank God for them.

You can talk about how the MCMG have strength and speed, but Vader and Swagger have that too. In fact, they have more. Vader is one of the best big men ever, and Swagger is a surefire main-eventer. True, the MCMG have chemistry, but they're going up against two wrestling beasts, who will manhandle and crush them. Vader has tag teaming experience, and Swagger has done well for himself in a few as well.

All-American Mastodons ftw.

swagger and vader are so much bigger than the mcmg, and theyre technically proficient and brutal as well, it's hard to see how mcmg would win.

Swagger and Vader are not a good team. Vader doesn't take shit, something Swagger deals out in abundance, and, well that's it really. They will do far better in this tournament than they deserve to. With that being said, MCMG are hardly giant killers, and Vader is exactly that. I expect Vader to pretty much win this single handedly.

I love the Guns, they are easily two of my favorites in TNA, but AAM would handle them here. Swagger would do the damage and then the MCMG will gain control, only to be stopped by Big Vader and crunched. Sorry Guns, AAM FTW!

On one hand, you have the fast-paced, possibly high-flying styles whom have tagged together for a long time, especially in the six-sided TNA ring, the Motor City Machine Guns.... against the one of the greatest team combinations of power & technicality to be formed, Vader & Swagger. Despite the fact that the Guns have a lot of experience in tag team wrestling and breaks the rules every so often to help them capture the victory, Vader/Swagger can be too much of a team to handle with all that power.

My vote goes for The All-American Mastadons.

The Guns are so shit that they're TNA jobbers. Think about that for a second. Despite all their popularity they're on the same level as Cody Deaner. At least Cody is a success in his respective division, yeah, former Knockout champion right there. The Guns are a team from TNA apparently stacked tag division, yet they've never won the world tag team championship in TNA.

The Guns are a team that Brutus Magnus squashes on his own. I make the comparison because green, a bit like Swagger.

Yeah, the MCMG are awesome alright. They're very popular, and they can do plenty of flippy things. We all know theyre talented and just not being used to their full potential. But the fact of the matter is that the way they've been booked, there is no way they can win this kayfabe. Because they AREN'T BEING USED TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Or at least thats what MCMG fans think.

Forgetting Vader, who has been an absolute monster his entire career, and you have Jack Swagger. In the year or so Swagger has been with the WWE he had already captured a big title in ECW and been pretty damn dominant for his entire stay. Not once has he been made to look like a jobber, which is what the MCMG are right about now.

Big Van Smile FTW.

Big Van Vader has been booked with random partners before in both the US and in Japan. and do you know what he's done with them? Won. Vader is a man single minded in purpose - he doesn't play politics in tag teams and doesn't let differences with a partner get in the way of victory.

Swagger has something to prove here, and he'd be much too scared of Vader to screw up.

In the meantime, the MCMG's will be too busy screwing around and pointing to their palm (Thissss...is where the power lies, bruther!) to be effective against a sick and scary combo of power, speed, agility, technical ability, youth, confidence, and killer instinct.

In other news, Vader once defeated Ric Flair AND Arn Anderson in a handicap match.

Game. Set. Match. AAM FTW!

he doesn't play politics in tag teams and doesn't let differences with a partner get in the way of victory.

I think we can both agree not to post his Survivor Series 1997 match. For the sake of your argument. It was all Goldust's fault anyway.

Swagger has something to prove here, and he'd be much too scared of Vader to screw up.

What is Swagger, 24? He probably only remembers Vader from Taboo Tuesday 2005.

I doubt Vader is on the required watch list of the WWE trainees, considering Vince never rated his ability.

Wait a minute... didn't Abyss defeat the MCMG in a two-on-one handicap match on Impact once?? That pretty much says it all... it proves that Vader could destroy these two pretty boys by himself. And add Swagger into the mix?? I have a feeling that Vader and Swagger are the sleepers in this tournament and will go a looooooong way. It's too bad that the MCMG's and their Atari-video game theme music are their first victims.

Vote Swagger and Vader.

I'm actually giving this one the Vader/Swagger. Yeah the guns have speed on their side but Swagger would stop that and Vader would DESTROY them without a doubt.

I like the MCMG but they just can't compete here.

Edit: Fuck, I accidentally voted for the guns but at least Vader/Swagger is still winning 17-13.

Swagger/Vader have to win this. They are stronger, bigger and more technically sound. Vader though big is a great in ring wrestler and would work well with The All American American Swagger.

The MCMG though fun and entertaining just wouldn't be able to topple the big guys.

Vader and Swagger FTW here.

While i hate voting for randomly thrown together teams against those that are more established, the sheer speed, size and strength of AAM is more than enough to take care of the Guns. while i'm sure they'll put up some fight, in the end it will be all for naught

I’m going to have to go with the established team here. It’s always an advantage to already know your partner and everything about them in the ring. It’s even more of an advantage to have experience with that partner and winning Championships (IWGP Jr. Tag and others) would prove that theory. One issue, I don't think they're going to make it past the first round even with my help.

Gonna br as unbiased as poss, but I'm pickin AAM to go far in this.
For the record MCMG are my TNA faves, but AAM would destroy them.
As IC25 pointed out, Vader beat FLAIR & ARN Anderson in a handicap match, not to mention taking on 8 officers and 2 police dogs...
"I will and can kick all of your asses! Let's fight."

Swaggers just the icing on the cake...
Go Vader!

Gotta vote MCMG both know each other through and through and would use their speed advantage and their knowledge of the six sided ring and come out on top :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back