C.M.

WrestleMania Main Event
Round 1, TNA:
Hardy Boyz
vs.
The Briscoe Brothers

No spam and no flaming.​

TNA rules are identical to WWE rules except:
- The ring has six sides and the ropes are made out of elevator cables for greater tension

This is the Hardys all day long. They're just flat out better. The Briscoes are spot monkies and not particularly good ones. The Hardys can do spots all day too, but they can wrestle a standard tag team match as well. There's a reason that the Briscoes are in indy companies and the Hardys are multi-time world tag team champions in the biggest wrestling company in the world: they're better.

The Hardyz are just a better version of the Briscoes that includes 2 former World Champion (give ECW some love). The Hardy's pretty much have the BB outmatched in every possible way here. At risk of sounding smarkish, they'll make quick work of these guys.

If it were the Brisco's, it may be a different story, although I doubt it. Hardyz move on

The Briscoes? You mean the guys from ROH? (If you want to check out a great debate about the Briscoes and Briscos, check out SK vs Hip in Round 7 of the debaters league) Yeah, they are gonig to need the Briscos in their corners to even compete against The Hardyz. One of the top three best tag teams in a time when there was at least 4 tag teams in the WWE. (APA?). But besides that, Hardys have proven themselves to the fans on a national level way more than the Briscos ever have. The fans worship them, and even when one gets fired, the fans call for them. The fans want them together, because the fans love their matches. That is dedication to a tag team.

I'm assuming judging by the previous voters that the Briscoes in this match are Mark and Jay and not Gerald and Jack. The Hardyz have this one though. Even against Gerald and Jack, I'd be inclined to vote Matt and Jeff. Jeff has experience in TNA and him and Matt were one of the greatest tag teams the WWE has had.

Ok, I'm gonna support my ROH boys on this one. I have always been a fan of the Hardy's and I think they were a great team. Although while it appears thus far people seem to think the Briscoe's are just an indy-fed version of the Hardy's, I beg to differ. I think the Briscoe's have taken what the Hardy's had and improved it. These 2 teams have very similiar styles- the older brother is more of the power guy who uses mat wrestling and the younger brother is the daredevil. Mark can match Jeff on high spots any day of the week and Jay is just as well versed in the ring as Matt. They match up pretty evenly except the Briscoes wrestle with more fire and intensity than the Hardy's ever have.

I don't care that the Briscoe's never won a WWE tag team championship. That really doesn't hold much water with me considering some of the teams that have held that title. I understand that the Hardy's will win this vote with absolute ease, but it shouldn't be that way. The Briscoe's are every bit as good as the Hardy's and deserve a little more credit than they are being given.

The Spotmonkey Invitational has started with the Briscoes and the Hardyz. This is the Hardy Chronicles all the way. As much as it pains me to say, Jeff Hardy DID contribute to a great tag team. Matt was more of a sound wrestler and Jeff was the nut job who fell on his head through a table. I also don't know much about the Briscoes except they're not related to the actual Briscoe Brothers and that sucks. Matt and Jeff in a romp.

I went with the Briscoes here. Why? Because the Hardys are going to win this anyways, but the Briscoes deserve some love. RVDGurl was spot on in describing them as a better version of the Hardyz, there's literally nothing the Hardyz could throw at the Briscoes that they couldn't deal right back. Not to mention the fact that the Hardys were never better than what, the 3rd best team in the WWF? They were always losing to E & C and the Dudleys. Not that they aren't one of the better teams this decade, but, the Briscoes deserve some love. So they got me vote.

It is a spot monkey team from the indy circuits taking on a spot monkey team that can wrestle a standard tag team match without doing too much for spots. Well, clearly the one that can go to the air & go for grounded wrestling is able to take down the spot monkeys. The Hardys a great team in their own right that have immeasurable experience in matches with variations, being the six sided ring. Add to the fact Jeff has wrestled in TNA gives them the boost.

Clearly the Hardy Boyz here.

I went with the Briscoes here. Why? Because the Hardys are going to win this anyways, but the Briscoes deserve some love. RVDGurl was spot on in describing them as a better version of the Hardyz, there's literally nothing the Hardyz could throw at the Briscoes that they couldn't deal right back. Not to mention the fact that the Hardys were never better than what, the 3rd best team in the WWF? They were always losing to E & C and the Dudleys. Not that they aren't one of the better teams this decade, but, the Briscoes deserve some love. So they got me vote.

X (and RVDGurl) basically said everything I could say about this match. I'm a big fan of the Hardyz, but I have to show some love for the little guys. They can do anything that Matt & Jeff did, and make it look 10x better. Toss this into a TNA ring, and you have something that resembles Steel Asylum from this year's Hard Justice. Spot after spot after spot...And usually, it's not the favorites that win.

I thought this was the Brisco brothers at first, and I was thinking, ugh, what a decision to make, but no, this isn't, its one of the better tag teams of the last ten years against a team which are basically an unpolished and unrefined version of them. The Hardys won more tag titles, in a better company and had multiple singles successes. There really is no reason to vote for the Briscoes here at all.

Hardyz all the way, they are 2 better versions of the Briscoes, and are multi tag team champions in the best company in wrestling today, and not in the indy circuit. Plus Jeff has the TNA advantage here and can teach Matt of the differences between the 2 giving them enough advantages and plus are just better then the Briscoes.

The Briscoe Brothers are two equals, whereas the Hardy Boys were really a one man team with a really hot chick in their corner. That's why I have to go with the Briscoes.

Matt Hardy as a singles wrestler is fine, but I always found him lame a tag team wrestler. He did nothing but sell like a little bitch every tag match he has ever been in. His offense was never impressive, and while he was in there taking a beating, you just sat there waiting for him to finally tag in the good Hardy. The only time he shined were in ladder and TLC matches, and even then he still got outshined by Jeff Hardy.

The Briscoes, on the other hand, as I said, are complete equals. Not one is better than the other when you watch them wrestle as a team. Sure, Jay is obviously the smart one in the relationship, lol, but as wrestlers, you get the same entertainment value watching the both of them perform. That's what makes a GREAT tag team in my opinion; you know, when both wrestlers are equally entertaining, and it's impossible for one to out due the other.

the hardy boyz are the biggest face team of recent years, and that makes them the rock or austin of the tag divison tbh. they, along with edge and christian and the dudleyz made tag team wrestling a main event of consecutive wrestlemanias and for that reason i can't vote against them here.

This is easy people, Hardy's all the way here. They are multiple tag team champs in the biggest organization in wrestling! It's an easy choice, the Hardy's are going to dominate this and go far in this tourney. They were a part of some of the best tag team match's and feuds of all time. Jeff is a world champion and Matt has had success too with the ECW world title. The Hardy's here very easily. They are just too good.

This is a tough one. On one hand you have the great Briscoes. I’ve heard so much about these two and I’ve seen the history on DVD. On the other hand you have the Hardys. I’ve seen Jeff and Matt rise to popularity and witnessed their careers first hand. I think I’m just going to vote based on what I’ve seen for this match. A lot of Wrestling historians may see it differently, but I’m picking the former WWE / World Champion and the former ECW Champion.

This is easy people, Hardy's all the way here. They are multiple tag team champs in the biggest organization in wrestling! It's an easy choice, the Hardy's are going to dominate this and go far in this tourney. They were a part of some of the best tag team match's and feuds of all time. Jeff is a world champion and Matt has had success too with the ECW world title. The Hardy's here very easily. They are just too good.

While I should agree with you, we both know that theres 2 many Hardy haters on here to let them get too far.

The Hardyz stroll to a win here, they were a fantastic tag team who held the division together along with Edge and Christian. Whereas the Briscoes hardly amounted to anything on the indy scene let alone the biggest organization there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back