The Visionaries vs King's Court

• The Visionaries ('90)

• King's Court ('89)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

The Visionaries

The Visionaries is from the 1990 Survivor Series, and consisted of Rick Martel, The Warlord, Hercules, and Paul Roma. The defeated The Rockers, Jimmy Snuka, and Jake Roberts. In what was then a VERY rare feat, the entire team of The Visionaries survived, and joined Ted DiBiase on the heel team at the final "test of survival."

King's Court

King's Court is from the 1989 Survivor Series, and consisted of Randy Savage, Canadian Earthquake, Dino Bravo, and Greg Valentine. They defeated "The 4 x 4's," which consisted of Jim Duggan, Bret Hart, Ronnie Garvin, and Hercules. Savage, Quake, and Bravo survived, and the match ended when the 4 x 4's brain surgeon of a captain got counted out going after Sherri. Quake replaced "The Widowmaker."

King's Court in a walk. When your lead wrestler is Rick Martel, that's not a good sign. Martel is great, Herc is ok, Warlord was decent at best, and Roma was just bad. Savage had been world champion earlier in the year, Dino was ok, at least he could match power with Warlord and Herc, Valentine is as solid as they go, and then you have Earthquake. Warlord and Herc are strong. Quake is stronger. Their power means nothing against him, period. This is King's COurt in a walk.

In a head to head, it seems that it would be power vs power with an addition of Martel vs Savage. Just looking at it from that perspective, I'd give it to Savage and his team.

I don't want to underate the Visionaries, but Martel isn't in the same league as Savage, Dino Bravo and Valentine would walk all over Roma and Hercules, and the only reason I remember the Warlord is because of his short rumble performance.

I agree with the Baron, King's Court would take this one quite easily.

Yeah. Kings Court takes this one easily. As badass as Rick Martel was with his gimmick. You have Macho Man, Earthquake, and Greg Valentine on one side. Who could take this match by themselves. Of course the other team has Paul Roma. Who is extremely awesome. Note the sarcasm. This one to me isnt close. The Kings Court in quick fashion.

The Visionaries worked very well together for a bunch of guys who were mainly power hitters with few other skills, led by a guy wit no power and all skill. But King's Court has an outside shot to go VERY DEEP in this tournament on their overall merits. Solid all around, no true weak link.

King Court FTW.

I'm not voting for The Visionaries, but in any other thread people would be pointing out that they beat Jake Roberts and a future superstar in Shawn Michaels. They also would have pointed out that they were the first team to survive without losing a single team member. Oh, and that they only came undone againts two of the biggest stars of the 80's in their second match of the night.

I hate to vote against the visionaries, because despite the lack of big name power hitters, this was the very definition of a team. They worked extremely well together and became one of the very few teams to survive as a whole team.

The Kings Court though is just insane. Overwhelming strength, overwhelming speed and athleticism, and over whelming in ring ability in almost every regard. This team is stacked and is a legit threat to make an impressive run in this thing.

In one of the first round's few true blowouts, Randy Savage's "Kings Court" dispatches "The Visionaries" with relative ease, despite Martel's team coming in as one of the first, if not the first, SS team ever to survive ALL of its members.

The team of Savage, Earthquake, Bravo, and Valentine is a fantastic group, and could make some waves in round 2, depending on their draw. There are several teams winning who have the Hogans, Warriors, and Cena's of the world, all of whom can match power with Quake. But this may be a cohesive enough unit to run deep in the tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back