Team DX vs Team Farooq

• Team DX (2006)

• Team Farooq (1996)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team DX

Team DX is from the 2006 Survivor Series, and consisted of HHH, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, and CM Punk. They defeated "Team Rated RKO," consisting of Edge, Randy Orton, Johny Nitro, Mike Knox, and Gregory Helms. In a rare feat, all of team DX Survived. Best moment in this match was after 30 seconds of banter, Michaels superkicks Knox and pins him. He stands up, asks HHH "Who was that?" and HHH replies "some guy from ECW."

Team Farooq

Team Farooq is from the 1996 Survivor Series, and consisted of Farooq, Vader, Diesel #2, and Razor Ramon #2. They drew "Team Vega" consisting of Savio Vega, Yokozuna, Flash Funk, and Jimmy Snuka. There were no survivors. There were no winners, and the only losers were the fans. I included this team to remind everyone how shit the angle of Jim Ross's imposter Hall and Nash was, and how poorly the WWF booked Vader.

At first glance, this is a blow out. After thinking about it for a bit though, it's an interesting contest. Farooq's team has three former World Champions on it, the same as DX. Keep in mind that Diesel #2 is now known as Kane. At the end of the day though, HHH, Shawn, Punk, and the Hardys are a damn fine team. That's two tag teams and a former World Champion together, and that's going to be difficult for a guy that never did much in singles in this company, a fake team, and Vader. Have to go with DX here.

Had this been the Outsiders, Vader and Farrooq, then I may have tempted to consider putting them over. However, poorly booked Vader and an imposter team wouldn't go over DX, Hardyz and Punk... even without the man down.

A full contingent of Ramon, Nash and Vader could have removed the lighter elements of the team with their power and maybe taken down DX...but even with Kane in the team, it wouldn't get it done as is.

I take an aging Vader and Farrooq any day of the week over an aging Triple H and Shawn Michaels. CM Punk and the Hardy's get over by name only, but I take a young Kane over the three of them every day of the week. The power game and the experience of Vader and Simmons is enough to negate anythign that Trips and Michaels could throw at them. Throw in the power of Kane, and it's a wash for me.

People seem to forget DX's magical powers; even though they age, and their opponents get younger and faster, they still manage to better no matter what. A fake Diesel and a Fake Razor are exactly the kind of fodder that 06 DX thrive upon. The fake Hall and Nash would still probably be able to come together to eliminate a small guy like Punk tho, or maybe Matt. Vader, while deteriorating in the ring at this point, would still be able to over power the Hardys. Throw in that Faarooq is still in great shape at this point, and the Hardys eventually fall to the big men. This leaves Farooq to be humilated by having his Dominator countered by HHH into a pin, and then DX picks off Vader with a SCM-Pedigree combo.

It's actually close. DX could take the combo of the fake Outsiders. Then possible Matt and Jeff could do a little double team on Farooq. Eliminating him. It would come down to Vader and the rest of the team in my opinion. Vader would get rid of THe Hardy Boys and C.M. Punk easily. But then HHH and HBK would come in and do the SCM-Pedigree COmbo and take him out. It would be close. But to me DX takes this one. In a close contest.

I don't think this would be close.

On one side you have: Two imposters that didn't achieve anything, a guy that can't win anything without backup, and Vader.

On the other you have: Two great main eventers, a unique tag team, and for no other reason an extra guy (who just so happens to be CM Punk)

The imposters lose out, just like any other big guys. They are the equivalent of Mike Knox in DX's actual matchup, gone and forgotten. This makes it 5 on 2.

Vader could eliminate Punk, just to get rid of the extra guy. Farooq loses to HBK or HHH, whoever was in the ring at the time. This makes it 4 VS 1. Just knowing that the 1 guy isn't Andre is enough for me to side with the team with 4.

Think of it this way, if the DX pair decided to sit on the side, it would still be the tag team of the Hardys VS Vader. That matchup might be close.

If this happened and DX lost, I'd be shocked.

Come on, this isn't close. Anyone who says it is, well, is committing one of two crimes:

1. They are using the term "fake Outsiders" and allowing some of the legacy of the real Hall and Nash to creep into their minds, and / or,

2. They are allowing themselves to think "well, the fake Diesel went on to become Kane, so he's badass. Doesn't matter. That's like saying Issac Yenkem would have had a chance against The Undertaker.

Team DX owns this match hands down. Vader is the only one of merit on Team Farooq, and even I realize that at this point in his career with WWE's booking, he's not much other than a SHW legend. Team DX is young, hungry, and they were on fire at the time.

In complete agreement with Irish here, not even close. Team DX is amazing. We have 2 great legends teamed with the next generation of stars. Shawn and Triple H's experience is teamed with The Hardys' and Punks youth and enthusiasm. This team had it all, and worked well together. Shawn and HHH, and Matt and Jeff were all so used to working together, and Punk joined in brilliantly. This team should go pretty far, and shouldn't even be slightly worried by Team Farooq.

In complete agreement with Irish here, not even close. Team DX is amazing. We have 2 great legends teamed with the next generation of stars. Shawn and Triple H's experience is teamed with The Hardys' and Punks youth and enthusiasm. This team had it all, and worked well together. Shawn and HHH, and Matt and Jeff were all so used to working together, and Punk joined in brilliantly. This team should go pretty far, and shouldn't even be slightly worried by Team Farooq.

They win, but the match was all Punk, with D-X saving the day.

If the match is 20 minutes, 10 of that was Punk selling. And he did a great job of it. Before and after Punk getting beaten up you have a couple of pinfalls by the Hardys. But really what the match is about is D-X making themselves look better than Rated RKO. And they did a great job of it.

Punk & the Hardys weren't harmed by the match. But D-X were and possibly Gregory Helms were the only people who benefited from it.

Anyway, Faarooq sucks and WWE doesn't like Vader. So how do Team D-X not win?

Having never watched old school wrestling, Team DX v. Team Rated-RKO is the best SS match I have ever seen, The fact that the in ring shenanigans of DX and company took longer than the dispatching of Rated RKO makes me chuckle. That and HBK getting a little close to Melina was funny too. You have 4 (and most likely soon to be 5) top show champs, ECW taken as it is. The Hardy Boyz, overrated as they may be could still whip the current tag team division into submission, minus Miz and Morrison. CM Punk was still using the anaconda vise back than so props for that, and he can put on a good match, then we have DX, who in 2006 were the hottest thing going. Then we have Faarooq with out Bradshaw, Glen Jacobs in failed gimmick number 2, a man whose WWF tenure lasted till the end of 1996, and Vader.so basicly we have a 5 on 1, DX wins handily

There is absolutly no way I can put over a team with the fake outsider's over team DX, give me the real outsiders and turn fake Deisel into Kane then team them up with Farooq and Vader and this is a white wash, Team DX wouldnt stand a chance.

Thats just speculation though so it's gotta be DX, Shawn Michaels and HHH are the two survivors with Simmon's and Vader disposing of the Hardy's and Punk, both guy's taken down by the SCM Pedigree combo. Desiel and Ramon eliminated in similar fassion to Mike Knox.

I agree with most of what some people said, had it been the real Diesel and Razor Ramon then we could call this match up a fairly even one, even with Team Farooq being one man down. But as already said, it's not the real Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, it's Kane (which isn't a bad choice either) and some guy, a poorly booked Vader, and a man who's now known for saying 'Damn' more than he is for being a former WCW champion. Team DX pulled off the rare feat of having no one from their team being eliminated and their team consists of two of the WWE's biggest champions (HHH and HBK) and three very talented wrestlers who have and probably will hold many more world championships. Hands down, this one goes to DX.

I hate HHH and Shawn Michaels but i can't vote against them. Farooq was alright, but Vader was mediocre when he was in the E. Nash and Hall aren't even the real Outsiders, therefore team Farooq is overmatched. Jacobs was good as Kane, but he wasn't so good imposing as the fake Nash.

The Hardyz are a great team in the eyes of the WWE and CM Punk was an up in comer. I believe this is a cake walk for team DX with team Farooq only eliminating one member of team DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back