Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

wolfwood-vs-nick-fury.png

Nicholas D. Wolfwood was raised at a young age to fight, and it has turned him into a preacher to which the commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill" has little meaning. He's going to have to be on top of his game as he faces the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury. Fury has lived a long life dealing with all manner of competitors, super and non, and he has no plans on dying just yet. Which Nick will advance to the next round?

Voting closes five days after the poll opens.

FIGHT!

Okay now this is interesting. On one hand, you've got a tough desert brawler with the biggest weapon in the tournament (in this bracket anyway) vs. a tough super spy with the largest arsenal of weapons ever assembled. So how will I vote, simple, I'll break it down:

Wolfwood's got that bar room brawl mentality which makes him powerful, though sloppy in terms of physical combat, while Fury is sleek and refined with super spy training in practically every field. I'd have to say Fury there as he'd no doubt be able to adapt to any climate much better. Then there's the weapons situation. Fury prefers two hand-guns but can access weapons later, however, Wolfwood is one of the fastest draws in all the tournie and to be frank he'd probably have gunned down Fury with the Punisher. That leaves us with the deciding category; smarts.

Now I like Wolfwood and he has a smart head on his shoulders, but Nick Fury is a tactical master. i mean this guy knows every secret hiding place and base known to man. He knows where to plant a bomb to and where to hit someone to cause extreme physical pain. With that in mind, I have to give the edge to Fury and as such I cast my vote for him. Though I'd love to see the fight.

One of my favorite characters vs Nick Fury? I hate to do this, but Wolfwood is done here.

Funkay nailed this one folks. Fury is up against a good brawler with great weapons, but Fury is no slouch. You dont get to be the top guy in S.H.E.I.L.D. by being an idiot. Fury has plenty of weapons at his disposal, but his vast experience vs human opponents and supers means he has the knowledge to adapt and take down anyone, despite whatever wheapons they might have. Fury has alot of technology at his disposal as well and that is a big advantage in his favor. Plus he is well versed in many combat styles that could take down anyone, even a bar-brawling priest.

I see this being a huge firefight, but Fury causing a distraction to buy enough time to get in close. He renders 'Punisher' useless and takes Wolfwood out man to man.

I originally voted for Wolfwood, but I look at this and think twice.
FunKay hit the nail on the head when he said Wolfwood's a bit sloppier whilst Fury is more sleek, and I suppose I didn't think about this before.
I'd still like to see any possible argument for Wolf, but it looks like I'm sliding over to the other side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back