Round 1; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night(60) v Football Manager[original](69)

?

• castlevania

• football manager

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Football Manager looks like a typical soccer game, only without real players. It looks more fast paced then most soccer games, but still the graphics are mediocre, and they use little O's to resemble players. The Castlevania series is great, and I like all their games so this gets my vote against this.

Football manager is a management game, it's not where you play the game, but you mmanage the team buy players and such. Either way I am undecided on this round.

Hmmm one of the most celebrated side scroll action games, vs. a extremely basic soccer management game. Oh I'm sorry I mean football management game.

Symphony of the Night should take this, and I actually just started to play it again after picking it up for my PSP. The level of difficulty for SotN was challenging, yet once you got good enough, you could fly through it. Excellent level designs, intriguing enemies, vampires, I mean what else do you want in a game? Football manager will probably get some love from the European members here, but SotN was an excellent game, one I still haven't quite been able to finish so it gets my vote.

Football manager is a management game, it's not where you play the game, but you mmanage the team buy players and such. Either way I am undecided on this round.

I see. it still looks weird to me. It's far from WWE management mode or anything else that has this style of gameplay. Already cast my vote, and I will stick by it.

Castlevania is another one of those games series that is classic in every way. Symphony of the Night was a perfect representative of the series, with a storyline that sucks you in and makes you obsess over it. It's a game you just can't put down once you've started playing.

Castlevania wins easily with a thorn whip.

Ty (or Vincent) pretty much summed up some of the great things about Castlevania that easily launches it past this "Football" (SOCCER DAMNIT) manager.

I know the old-school sports manager games like those get alot of love, but they pretty much became obsolete once modern sports managing games came out.

Castlevania though was great. As a kid it both scared and sucked me into it at the same time. Definately gets my vote here.

Voting for Football Manager, Is this Castlevania the one on the SNES because if it is I only played it a handful of times in my youth and found it boring as hell. I'd probably find it more entertaining now had I played it again. Football Manager is a football management game where you dont actually play as the players you play as the manager, looking up stats to scouting players it has all you could want being a young football fan growing up in Leeds. Later incarnations of this game would let it down though as they just could not compete with the superior and Premier League endorsed Championship Manager.

Voting for Football Manager, Is this Castlevania the one on the SNES because if it is I only played it a handful of times in my youth and found it boring as hell. I'd probably find it more entertaining now had I played it again. Football Manager is a football management game where you dont actually play as the players you play as the manager, looking up stats to scouting players it has all you could want being a young football fan growing up in Leeds. Later incarnations of this game would let it down though as they just could not compete with the superior and Premier League endorsed Championship Manager.

It's for PSP, Playstation, and xbox I believe(not entirely sure on that last one) as well as a few more i'm sure.

I know I am most definitely fighting a losing battle here for many reasons. However, I have decided to vote for Football Manager because quite simply it is part of my favourite PC game series ever. For me, when I was young, I did not do a lot of gaming on the PC but this game revolutionalised it for me. Many people will see different of course and I think that FM was always up against it in this tournament. Quite simply because soccer/footbal is not big in the USA. The problem is that Castlevania is a good series and a good individual game by itself and no one is going to for FM on a predominantly US forum. Like Civ. 2 this game is super challenging and is a greatly interesting game as it tests your skills in management. FM will not get throguh this round but I think that if every one gave it a fair shot, people would like it and it would go so much further.

While its retro 2D graphics may have off-put some PlayStation gamers at the time, anyone owning a 16-bit system could easily appreciate the greatness of Symphony of the Night. Konami took the side-scrolling idea to its fullest in this title. The game's enormous maps, huge range of weapons, constant enemies, and excellent balance all still puts this squarely on the all-time list, no questions asked. Add to that a memorable soundtrack and you have a gothic masterpiece.

While I'm usually not a fan of RPGs, shooters, or first-person action, Castlevania sucked me in. I was young (13) when I first played it, and it stuck with me for a few years.

It's also a vote against the other game, because management games are never as fun as they seem at first.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, this is the only Castlevania game that I can stand to play. I'm not entirely sure why that is, I think it has something to do with the Belmonts using whips as their main weapons, but I do agree that Castlevania is a great series of games.

I bought this when it came out on Playstation and played it nonstop, I just had to reason that 200% completion of the game. I was even more excited about it being released on XBLA, so I could play through the entire game again and earn achievements. This is one of my favorite games from the Playstation era, it should move on along the rounds here fairly easily in my opinion.

I don't like any permutation of football/soccer, be it live action or video game. Even if I did, SotN is one of the best games made for the PSX/PS1, and locks up my vote in a heartbeat.
After loving the PSX version, I got the Japanese import for the Saturn that let you play as the other Characters... couldn't read a word of the text though, so upgrading weapons, reading menu choices, etc was a huge pain in the ass. I had to DL and print out a huge fan made translation guide. Good times...

Castlevania: SOTN is a perfect side scroller with an insane amount of items, armor and weaponry to collect, multiple endings and huge bosses to fight. I think I played this game obsessively for months trying to get a Crissaegrim.

Also, the game had classic lines like this one: "What is a man? A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS! But enough talk! Have at you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back