Roman Reigns VS The Miz: What did you think?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I've always liked the Miz as a talker, but found his in-ring work to be very mediocre. He's not terrible, but unlike Orton or del Rio, you don't see any notable technical skills. Roman Reigns isn't quite the talker and his matches so far as a singles competitor have been unimpressive. So pit these two together and we'll be lucky if we're treated to mediocrity.

Yet I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this, although maybe it was because Smackdown was pretty underwhelming as a whole this week. I like how Roman Reigns showed a more amusing side of his personality, while the Miz looked legitimately pissed off. There were some good laughs at the Miz's expense, but he also got in some really good offensive as well. I thought it was strange that so far, the Miz has done more damage to Roman Reigns than he has to his real enemy, Dolph Ziggler. Not only were there funny moments though, but the part where Roman started powering out of the figure four was pretty damn epic. The Miz's face was what really sold it.

I found it strange that their clash was more compelling than the 'Miz Vs Ziggler' or 'Reigns Vs Orton' feuds. They worked really well together and showed that not all fun matches need to be technical classics. It made Roman Reigns look more vulnerable, even though he won, and the Miz look dangerous.

But what do you guys think? The Miz doesn't have the most beloved reputation amongst internet fans, so I'm curious whether it's just me. Or did you think Roman was wasted on the Miz?

I've always liked the Miz as a talker, but found his in-ring work to be very mediocre.

That's the size of it. Miz is a firmly-planted midcarder, but he has a defined gimmick, much like Fandango, so he might get a bit more attention and respect than the average guy in the middle. As a former world champion, he still has enough rep remaining that a victory over him means more than a win over one of the Matadores or Kofi Kingston.

These are the type of guys Roman Reigns needs to build his legend, although logic might dictate he's already faced people tougher than Miz.

Still, there's no reason the two can't put on a decent contest......and they did. No matter how much a WWE match seems to be headed for a squash when you consider the abilities of the participants.....it seldom is. Even John Cena takes more punishment than he delivers during a match, much in the manner of one of the all-time immortals, Randy Savage. Taking a beating and still coming out on top seldom diminishes the climb of a prospect, so why not treat the fans to some give-and-take, at least allowing the slight possibility that the enhancement talent is gonna take the duke? Makes for more interesting viewing.

So, Roman Reigns can be seen being punished by a middle-of-the-road performer like the Miz. So what? It makes for a more entertaining match.....and the contest between these two guys was fun to watch.

Life as a pro wrestler.

I liked this match and thats saying something coming from a Non-Miz fan.. It was especially cool during the segment Roman popped miz in the jaw from a seated position,sending his glasses flying some 10 feet..

Anyway,Roman is not a bad wrestler at all.. He still is by far the weakest of the ex shield members as far as technical ability and mic skills,but Roman is slowly improving.. Roman needed this,a win over a Former WWE champion and the current IC Champ.. Not only to build his cred coming into Summerslam,but more importantly to be taken as a future ME!

I think this could be a good feud after Reigns is done with Orton and perhaps HHH. It isn't necessarily a bad idea, either, if he was to win the IC title.

The Miz is a very good heel and is thus hated. Reigns is being groomed as the next top babyface so it is a good match. If Reigns were to feud with Cesaro, Wyatt, Rollins then the crowd wouldn't completely be in his favour. Moreover, those combinations are big money feuds that could really develop in the future.

The Miz is an experienced guy and Reigns could really benefit from working with him. A match might not be a 5-star classic but would be fine, I'm sure. It would also help Reigns develop in his promos.

These guys seem like total opposites really.
Miz is a smaller guy with a big mouth and a very conceited persona.
Reigns is a big guy who doesn't say much and has been very loyal to friends.
I doubt this feud will go more than a couple months. It will be hard for the Miz to make a believable attempt to take out reigns, unless his character evolves into a more menacing (mankind vs taker) or at least clever opponent (Jericho vs big show). Usually the only time a mismatch goes over well with the fans is when the face is severely overmatched by a physically superior opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back