ROH May Have Lost TNA Lead-In Spot

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by ABMorales787, Jul 26, 2015.

1. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

It would not surprise me one bit if this is true. This trigger happy network showed pretty quickly it has no clue how to work with wrestling or even primetime programing in itself. No sense of patience, investment or anything really. ROH doesn't even cost a dime to produce. Yeah, advertising numbers, yada yada. But Jesus Christ 7 months for TNA. 1 and a half for ROH. That's just preposterous.

Or are they making way for GFW? Even so, that's still pretty terrible business sense.

2. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Destination America is pretty much the bottom rung of the ladder when it comes to cable television because they just don't have...well much of anything really when you get right down to it except TNA and ROH. TNA was consistently the top drawing show on the network and ROH's numbers haven't been far behind. Generally speaking, Impact Wrestling's first airing would usually draw somewhere in the 330,000 to 430,000 range while the replay would sometimes draw in another 100,000 or so. Sometimes it'd be more, sometimes less but usually in that neighborhood. ROH's total audience would be somewhere in the 350,000 range for both shows, it's not unusual for the replay to draw close to what the original did.

Generally speaking, these numbers don't even register as a blip on the radar compared to just about any other cable network during prime time hours but they're bigger than anything else DA has, at least to my understanding. You'd think that a rinky dink network with nothing else going on whatsoever would be thrilled to have ANYTHING that consistently draws audiences in the mid six figures.

3. stingray11214

stingray11214 Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie

DA is Discovery's "throwaway" channel. They put nonsense that will not get aired elsewhere. It is designed to lose money and be a writeoff. Problem is that the wrestling programs are actually making them money, which in turn, hurts their bottom line as the purpose of a writeoff on the ol' taxes.

4. The Dragon Saga

The Dragon Saga Whale in a Teardrop

http://pwinsider.com/article/95447/...a-and-what-is-going-on-with-the-move.html?p=1

If I was ROH, I wouldn't be worried. They still have a show available to people who want to find it on cable which is what the show was to begin with when it went to Destination America anyway. Syndication makes up over 60% of their weekly audience anyway so losing the timeslot for now shouldn't effect them, in fact depending how the ratings do condensing both viewerships to one timeslot may help. It's an interesting situation anyway.

5. rmp0012002

rmp0012002 Championship Contender

They are just showing ROH at 11 and cutting the 8pm slot before TNA. I would think ROH would be a great warm up for TNA but I just think DA is lost at how to present wrestling. DA for the most part is hillbilly TV but if it was the Alaskan Alien Yeti ghost chaser federation it would get a major push.

6. Lowdown

Lowdown Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!

This is confusing to me. You would think if both wrestling shows bring in decent viewership then there's no reason to play musical chairs with the programming. Once in a while way before they started airing wrestling I watched food shows or natural disaster shows on DA. Aside from that there was no appeal to the channel at all.

7. Adriang4

Adriang4 Dark Match Jobber

Well that sucks .. we need ROH to do well for the good of the inudstry.

8. stingray11214

stingray11214 Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie

It is probably because Sinclair will not pony up for the airtime for 8pm. Prime time airtime purchase is very expensive. DA was not going to pay for RoH repeats.