So DA removed ROH from TNA's lead in position

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Destination America has dropped the 8pm EST airing for Ring of Honor TV on Wednesday nights. They still have the 11pm EST airing but the first is no longer scheduled. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Destination America is trying out new programs in the 8pm time slot but this is not a good sign for ROH. This Wednesday an episode of "Bigfoot In America" is scheduled while "Mountain Monsters" is scheduled for Wednesday, August 5th.

Meltzer noted that unlike the TNA roster, ROH talents were informed of the 8pm EST showing being dropped before the news broke. They were given the excuse that Destination America is trying out new programming in the time slot.

The Destination America Network sure is trigger happy.... can't they let something build before switching it to a new time?!?!?!

Something I hope ROH works on from my fan perspective:
Outside of the production issue and lighting of its shows, I feel that the ROH show has no flow to it most of the time. It's impossible from how they present it to know what the storylines are and who are the characters are. For an example I realize that TNA isn't great but at least it seems like there is a purpose to the programming. You can get invested in EC3 as a heel champion. ROH has done nothing to even introduce you to Jay Lethal as champion.

I respect how TNA keeps trying to stay in business despite so many turbulent financial crises and for lots of their employee who might lose their livelihood if they go out of business, I hope they stay. That said I hope this doesn't mean bad news for ROH as I want all wrestling companies to survive. Then again maybe this is a good thing, the optimist in me thinks its great that they aren't running head-to-head against LU and NXT. There were some nights where the replays did better anyway; so it may make more sense to consolidate the audience for now until the brand gets more recognition.

Maybe GFW takes the time slot as part of the "invasion" storyline that is rumored to take place.

Surprised Dragon hasn't provided commentary on this.

I hope with great hope that this post is as funny as I think it is.

As for the OP, this seems odd given that ROH was doing decent numbers.

Maybe yes, they put GFW on here, get rid of TNA, put GFW in its old slot, then put ROH back were it was in come the fall

The ROH early run is being replaced, at least for week one, by a Bigfoot adventure show. While I am not completely knowledgeable on the financials between the two shows I find it hard to believe there is a larger marketing with Bigfoot enthusiasts than niche wrestling fans. I guess there is a bigger group of supportive loser than we.

I actually went and looked at Destination America programing and can't even understand why the picked up pro wrestling. Amongst their current lineup wrestling hardly fits in. With these recent moves made concerning ROH and TNA it is pretty obvious they jump in over their heads and are now struggling to get out of the water.

Been busy, girlfriend broke her wrist over the weekend so didn't even get to see DBD yet. No work today though so will get to it.

As for this, from what I can gather or what I'm reading, the replay or "West Coast" replay will still air in the West Coast at 8:00pm central so it gives ROH that at least. If they can condense the two viewerships down they may be able to draw a bigger number than the original airing and replay do separately. Should also be noted that Destination America will try things like this to see what sticks, so depending on how this goes and again, if TNA is still on Destination America in just over a months time, ROH could have the 9PM EST timeslot TNA occupied should they be dropped as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back