ROH is Going to be Telecasted Weekly in India!

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
Discovery Communications has reached a deal with Ring of Honor to broadcast their weekly ROH TV episodes on their brand new DSPORT channel in India.

DSPORT launched in early 2017 and is currently available in more than 70 million homes across the nation. To put that number in perspective, the El Rey network which airs Lucha Underground is available in around 25 million homes, while Impact Wrestling’s domestic network POP TV is in 75 million homes. The USA Network which airs Monday Night Raw and Smackdown Live is within the top ten most viewable networks in the United States, at around 96 million.

India has been a hot topic in the wrestling world recently. It is currently the second most populated country in the world, with an estimated 1.3 billion residents (or roughy four times the size of the U.S.) making it an intriguing target for promotions attempting to expand their global reach. Impact Wrestling has had a long running relationship with the nation, and their stars are currently visiting in preparation for multiple days of television tapings. Indo-Canadian star Jinder Mahal recently won the WWE Championship, and his live Punjabi Championship Celebration video has outperformed all of the company’s content on YouTube by a huge margin.
Glad to see this. :)

After WWE and IMPACT, I've another wrestling promotion to watch weekly on TV.

Not sure how it will go though, since most people (I think) aren't aware of ROH. But getting a weekly TV programming will help a lot. I hope that ROH actually telecasts at the same time in India as it does in USA. Or any time later. But on the same day.

Also, the last part of the quote shows that we might be seeing a long reign with Jinder Mahal.

Just saw an advertisement that the programming starts telecasting on 1 June at 5 PM on DSport.

Haven't got DSport yet on my programming. Sooner or later, I'll. But the timing is accurate. At least that's I think. There's no other wrestling programming to be telecasted on this day and time. That's assuming that it is always telecasted on Thursdays.

Both WWE and IMPACT are under Sony now so it's better to have a competitor in Discovery with a complete new programming.

Never heard of this channel before. Are you sure it is not DD Sports ;)
:lmao:

Thank God, it isn't DD Sports. We would've gotten Hindi commentary then. :p

This channel was launched in 2017 so it's totally new in this genre. The first time I read about it, I double checked if it was DD Sports or DSport. Very excited about getting a third option on TV itself.

Just imagine it on DD Sports with the bored old guys commentating on it :lmao:

Overall, this is good for ROH. I doubt that I'll be able to watch at 5pm, so random Youtube clips for me.

What tf is DSport? Never heard of this channel. Can anyone pass on some info on this network, like when and where does it air?

Anyway, I'm super happy by this news. Full ROH shows and PPVs hadn't been the easiest to find here till a few years back and this will now offer a totally different presentation to the Indian viewers. Very much looking forward to it.

What tf is DSport? Never heard of this channel. Can anyone pass on some info on this network, like when and where does it air?

Anyway, I'm super happy by this news. Full ROH shows and PPVs hadn't been the easiest to find here till a few years back and this will now offer a totally different presentation to the Indian viewers. Very much looking forward to it.
DSport is a new channel in sports genre by Discovery. ROH will start telecasting from today, 1 June at 5 PM.

As of now, it looks like we'll get it on every Thursday. The channel is present on almost all dish services. Except Airtel which I have. :shrug:

I'm happy as well. Since so many years, we've getting just TNA and WWE. Now we'll get a third option.

Anyone watch this?

I just found out I have this channel.
I would've watched if my dish network had it. It's now the only one which doesn't have DSport channel.

Bdw, you can watch it tomorrow 5 PM. I'm just waiting for the channel to be included. It's incredible to have a third option available on TV.

Oh it's Thursday every week. I thought it was Wednesdays. I sat in front of my TV for about 15 minutes and something else was on. For a moment, I thought did they cancel the show this early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back