ROH Champion Extends Contract

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
Ring of Honor officials are excited to announce that they have come to terms with Davey Richards and that the current ROH World Champion has agreed to extend his existing contract.

Richards, who captured the ROH World Title from Eddie Edwards at "Best in the World 2011", has been a part of Ring of Honor since 2006 and, in addition to reigning as the current World Champion, is also a 2-Time ROH World Tag Champion alongside first, Rocky Romero, and then Edwards.

Ring of Honor is fortunate to have a competitor as gifted as Davey Richards as part of the fold." Said Jim Cornette, "As World Champion, Richards is a fine representative of what ROH is all about, especially as we head into the Sinclair Broadcasting era this weekend in Chicago Ridge!"

Another bit of good news for Ring of Honor who are building steady momentum heading into the tapings this weekend.

Davey is probably going to be the face of this new era of sorts, of Ring of Honor. Phenomenal wrestler, in Kevin Kelly's opinion he's the actual "Best In The World" but I guess that's a matter of opinion. Defends his ROH World Heavyweight Championship against Roderick Strong which was a great match at Final Battle, there are few matches which you can find which could fit better into that main event slot than Strong vs. Richards.

Good news; doesn't state how long hes signed on for, but good news nonetheless.

This is good news. Davey Richards has pretty much established himself as the face of ROH and I find him marketable, in terms of the direction that ROH is going with their TV deal. He sells merchandise with the ROH fans and fully represents what Ring of Honor is all about. Hopefully, he'll have a LENGTHY title reign as well. I'm just looking forward to see where ROH goes with Davey as the World Champ on TV. But good news to hear..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back